00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bridgham just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,535,877 Views | 29,941 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-17 23:16:18

when he was first signed about 10 years ago yes. He has since been re-signed but not to the original contract. That was an unheard of kind of deal and it actually hurt wwe in the long run since henry was next to useless then, and is almost that now. I have to admit his gimmick this time around is much better than anything he has done in the past. He still sucks but hey...

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 00:02:52

At 6/17/06 02:22 PM, Yoyodog76 wrote: I'm pretty sure, but isn't it true that Henry managed to get a 10-year no cut's contract?

Yeah, it was 10 years guaranteed, for 1 million dollars a year. That contract expires this year. Rumor has it he's already signed a new deal for much less in terms of cash. I've also heard that gimmicks like "Sexual Chocolate" and the banging Mae Young angle were designed to try and humiliate Henry into quitting, but apparently the money won out (and who the fuck could blame him?).

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 00:07:22

Apparently we can look forward to more "stripper action" on ECW on Sci-fi, as Kelly is being billed as the inaugural "Tease of the Week". So anybody who thought WWE was going to be doing whole-sale changes to the Tuesday night show is shit out of luck.

Roadkill, Kelly, and Trinity have all had their profiles added at ECW.com, Tazz has an audio commentary now up as well I'm told.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 00:19:23

Vengence predictions:
1. Edge def RVD (Edge needs to take the WWE title to RAW.)
2. Cena def Sabu (I doubt that Vince will have his son-in-law lose twice in a row.)
3. Carlito wins the triple threat match. (Carlito is simply cooler and better.)
4. DX def the SS (Any doubts?)
5. Randy Orton def Kurt Angle (Not sure about this one...maybe RO will snap the skid?)
Discuss. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 01:25:38

If someone had to take the title from rvd I would go with Edge, though not so soon as that would make rvd look like a weak champ, losing during his first defense.

BBS Signature

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 01:56:32

At 6/18/06 12:19 AM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: Vengence predictions:

No doubt RVD is dropping the belt here, his winning the WWE title was just an excuse for why they could immediately put the new ECW belt on him. Hopefully there's a screw job involved here so RVD dosen't have to look weak in losing that belt.

2. Cena def Sabu (I doubt that Vince will have his son-in-law lose twice in a row.)

Here's where I think we'll REALLY see if Vince is in any way serious about ECW, if he is, then I look for this one to go to a no-contest, as it seems Sabu is someone they want to be one of the faces of the new ECW. If he dosen't? Then Cena will probably be allowed to force Sabu to tap with his crappy STF. What is with this son-in-law crap? Triple H is Vince's son-in-law, not Cena. They just want Cena to be the next Austin or Rock.

Shelton isn't really doing anything with the belt right now, Nitro? Please...Carlito seems the logical choice here as a feel good win for the fans since RVD will most likely do the job to Edge, and whether Vince likes it or not, RVD will be the face in that one.

Not a one, I look for DX to pretty much eat these fuckers alive.

5. Randy Orton def Kurt Angle (Not sure about this one...maybe RO will snap the skid?)
Discuss. ;)

No, Angle will win here. Orton still has penance to do from his suspension, and Angle is being pushed HARD as an unstoppable shooter. Apparently that was the whole reason behind his beating Credible last week, who the company will soon be pushing as part of a re-constituted Impact Players faction I'm told. So I don't see Angle taking the loss in this one.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 02:35:12

At 6/18/06 01:56 AM, LordKooler wrote:

My god, you know the best wrestling ever.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 09:13:03

At 6/18/06 01:56 AM, LordKooler wrote:
I hope you guys enjoy those videos. What deathmatches did you watch Outlaw88?

most of them... damn they are brutal. With some of the crap they do it's a wonder they don't die from loss of blood.

I'll be rooting for Carlito in that match, and honestly I think that has the potential to be a show stealer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 10:03:36

THe Ryuji Ito vs Abdullah Kobayashi match has a bit of problems you can barely see it. And for Vengeance I would make my predictions but Vengeance is next week so I'll make my picks then.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 11:45:12

NO wonder Heyman can't do a damn thing in ECW....

Paul Heyman is the lead writer for ECW, but his supervisor is Stephanie McMahon. Tommy Dreamer is no longer involved in creative.

And as we all know Stephanie just hates Heyman so if you thought ECW sucked this is probably the reason.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 11:49:11

I dunno, Edge would normally lose, but they need the title back on Raw, so, I dunno, probably some-one will knock the ref out, then come out with a stell chair and kick the crap out of RVD with it... I would prefer they use a crutch or something, but a chair is fine...

I have to think Cena, just because Sabu will probably go for a lot of High-flyers, but Cena will roll out of the way, then put the Five-knuckle shuffle on him, then probably the STFU, to humiliate him...

Shelton will lose, he hasn't done any title defenses in like a month, plus Carlito really deserves a title after all the times i've seen him without one, and Nitro is nothing without Mercury

Yeah, no... DX will beat the Spirit Jack-off's no problem... But knowing there tactics, the SS will try to cheat or something...

Discuss. ;)

While Randy definately has the potential to beat Angle, If Angle can get the Ankle lock on, there will be no stopping him from beating Orton, unless Orton can get a few cheap shots on his neck, then deliver the RKO, so, I suppose it depends on how many Grapples the Suplex Machine Does...

Reason for ban: Do not as for pirated copies of programs. <3 Enoll << Thanks for the love. <3

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 14:22:27

At 6/18/06 12:07 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Apparently we can look forward to more "stripper action" on ECW on Sci-fi, as Kelly is being billed as the inaugural "Tease of the Week". So anybody who thought WWE was going to be doing whole-sale changes to the Tuesday night show is shit out of luck.

You're making it sound like it's a bad thing. Kelly was good at what she does.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 15:16:04

Well yes, but she promised to show us EVERYTHING, but she had trouble removing her own f*cking bra, She even gave up, and just lifted it up, and then she covered her nipples, I'm sorry but that means shes a liar, LIEING HALF STRIPPERS!

Bonus: My fantasy wrestling has been re set-up, click my siggy to go to the site (The site is actually under develpment, so 've set everything up at the forum board, you can do all that there...)

Reason for ban: Do not as for pirated copies of programs. <3 Enoll << Thanks for the love. <3

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 18:05:09

At 6/18/06 03:16 PM, Yoyodog76 wrote:
Well yes, but she promised to show us EVERYTHING, but she had trouble removing her own f*cking bra, She even gave up, and just lifted it up, and then she covered her nipples, I'm sorry but that means shes a liar, LIEING HALF STRIPPERS!

Haha yeah she couldn't remove her bra. I don't know if they are allowed to show nudity.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 18:17:42

Did anybody watch the wrestling matches that I recently posted here yet?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 18:19:38

My TNA Slammiversary Predictions:
Contains a slight SPOILER! at the end. Don't read if you want to be surprised about who the new head of TNA Management is going to be.

NWA World Heavyweight Title
(King of the Mountain)
Christian Cage (c) vs. Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Abyss vs. Ron Killings
Tough match to pick a winner from. I pick the Stinger to come out on top in this King Of The Mountain match. I wouldn't mind seeing "The Truth" win either.

NWA World Tag Team Titles
America's Most Wanted (c) vs. AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels
AMW will probably end up winning, but I'm going for Styles and Daniels again.

Grudge Match
Samoa Joe vs. Scott Steiner
Samoa Joe goes in with a 1 year old undefeated streak, he walks out undefeated. Is he trying to break Goldberg's undefeated record from WCW?

Handicap Match
Rhino vs. Bobby Roode & Scott D'Amore
Rhino will win with a Gore! on Scott D'Amore

Grudge Tag-Match
Team 3D vs. The James Gang
The James Gang won last month, but this time The Dudleys are in familar territory. The Dudleys will win the "Brawl At The Bingo Hall". "If you can swing it, bring it!"

Nash's X-Division Debut
Kevin Nash vs. Chris Sabin
Big Daddy Cool should have no problem with Sabin. Kevin Nash wins with a Jacknife.

X Division Elimination Match
Alex Shelley vs. Petey Williams vs. Jay Lethal vs. Senshi vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Shark Boy
Another tough match due to so many competitors. I'm going with the captain of Team Canada, Petey Williams.

SPOILER!: TNA's New Management Head Revealed
The new "face of TNA Management" is Jim Cornette.

Cornette is already en route to Orlando since he doesn't fly. It's important that this be a major pivotal moment for TNA as they no longer have Larry Zbyszko as their crutch for haphazard finishes and heels going over with the same tactics every week on TV and every month on PPV.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 18:25:49

At 6/18/06 06:17 PM, LordKooler wrote: Did anybody watch the wrestling matches that I recently posted here yet?

I'm downloading...

Ebessan vs Kuishinbo Kamen from PWG 88 Miles Per Hour. 03/07/2004. But like I said the Ryuji Ito vs Abdullah Kobayashi match has some problems you can barely see it.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 18:33:57

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to make my picks for Slammiversary.

King of the Mountain match... I'm going with Abyss because no one is giving him a chance but I would prefer to see Ron Killings win.

NWA TAg Team title match.. I'm taking Styles and Daniels because neither one of them has held a title for a while and AMW have been the champs for quite a while now.

Samoa Joe vs Scott Steiner- I'm going with Samoa Joe if this was the old Scott Steiner I would probably still pick Samoa Joe but Steiner nowadays sucks in the ring.

Rhino vs Bobby Roode and Scott D'amore- I don't really care I just want to see D'Amore getting Gored.

Kevin Nash vs Chris Sabin- Upset special... I'm taking Chris Sabin because TNA isn't going to be dumb enough to make the X-division look like total crap. On a bit of a side note, Nash hasn't gotten hurt yet so who knows it might happen tonight.

X Division elimination Match-I'm taking Alex Shelley he reminds me a lot of Chris Jericho and I really think the guy's good TNA should just drop the whole Shelley Cam thing and let him wrestle.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 19:57:19

I' make a prediction for slammiversary, but I don't watch TNA enough to really know the styles of them, but anything with team 3D in it, they'll win hands down, same with sting, but not hands down, he'll have a bit of trouble prolly, but yeah, there allowed to show nudity, as long as it's for no more than 15 seconds, and below the waist, everything else has to be blurred, imagine if they did show it and there was some 6 year old watching...

Mommy! Mommy! What are they? Do you have them too? I want them, I want them!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 21:28:39

Sci-Fi sent out their programming newsletters today (I get one because I signed up for the forum to discuss ECW, something I've rarely done thus far). In this one ECW is not only mentioned in the flyer, but is promoted in the actual email header. Could this be a sign that Sci-Fi is perhaps a bit more behind the show then they were initially? I don't know, only time will tell on that one.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 22:18:09

Hey, I thought of a tacky way to promote my fantasy wrestling, but remain within the rules, I think I'll try it...

WRESTLING PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE:::
Monday: WWE's Raw/ (Coming Soon) FWF's ENF
Tuesday: WWE's ECW/ (Coming Soon) FWF's ENF
Wednesday: / (Coming Soon) FWF's ENF
Thursday: TNA's Impact/ (Coming Soon) FWF's ENF
Friday: WWE's Smackdown!/ (Coming Soon) FWF's ENF
Saturday: Tna's Impact (?Rerun?)/ (Coming Soon) FWF's ENF
Sunday: / (Coming Soon) FWF's ENF

To find out how to join the FWF (Fantasy Wrestling Federation) Click my siggy below, we are currently still under develpent, there is enough posted up for people to join our league's, and wrestle in the develpmental area...

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 22:36:07

Stop continuously posting about your wrestling league in this thread. It's disruptive. I've already had extensive conversations with you yoyo about what is, and isn't acceptable promotion. If you continue to come to this club to promote your league in just about every post you make, I will ban you. If people from this club want to join your league, they will, meantime? Don't disrupt their enjoyment of it with constant advertising.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 22:39:37

Alright, Alright, fine have it your way Avie, but that was some form of a loophole I think, either way, does anybody know why they were promoting Wrestlemania XXIII, the day after XXII? And then stopped two days later?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 22:49:10

At 6/18/06 10:39 PM, Yoyodog76 wrote: Alright, Alright, fine have it your way Avie, but that was some form of a loophole I think, either way, does anybody know why they were promoting Wrestlemania XXIII, the day after XXII? And then stopped two days later?

No, it really wasn't.

As per Wrestlemania, WWE likes people to think that there is major planning that goes into the event (which dosen't really happen anymore) from right after the end of the prior Wrestlemania.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 22:56:34

I suppose it makes a bit of sense, but on another topic, I was reading the community section on
WWE.com and I stumbled across a thing for tryout's down at booker T's wrestling school, now, why is it, that in the school's and places, they do things for real, but then when they get to primetime, everything (The most obvious are the punches) is so obviously fake, does anyone have any clues on why they'd do this?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 23:26:07

Well, I would make predictions for Slammiversary, but I'll just wait until I hear the results. It kinda is pointless, considering I didn't know every match for Slammiversary to start with.

As for Vengeance, I'll wait until I hear the final card for matches. Which, judging from WWE in the past, will be announced tomorrow night before RAW's main event.

And, about ECW. Well, if it sucks this week, ...well, then it just plain sucks. I'll just continue writing reviews on it because that's just who I am.

Btw, does anyone know where DuMa RyoHahn has been? He hasn't been here since April and I thought he'd make a post considering that Cena has lost.

...just thought I'd bring that up....

NG Mafia, Pokemon Club, Userpage.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 23:29:41

I'm sure if you did about 15 minutes of research, you could find most everything about the both of them you wanted to know... but yeah, I'm expecting ECW to be taken off the air, if not next week, sometime over the next 6 months, but if, like lot's of people have been saying he should do, Vince let's Heyman do his thing, this might really be an excellent brand, plus I think ECW should be an hour and a half instead of 55 minutes, or 65, I don't remember which...

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 23:33:58

well it's good that sci-fi actually wants to promote it now that they know it can be a hit.

you know what gets me about this whole situation? The fact that dispite what the ECW crowd did to Cena wwe is going to continue pushing him hard as a face. Now I know you can't judge one crowd alone, but hear me out on this one. The ECW crowd was mostly men ranging from teens to thirty's and fortys right? That there is one of wwe's big key demographics. They are the ones who have been booing Cena all over the place, it was just that in ECW they were the main ones there. Now I know having someone for the kids and the ladies is important too but when the majority of your audience is sick and tired of what you are presenting you need to change it or you will lose them.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-18 23:34:59

At 6/18/06 10:56 PM, Yoyodog76 wrote: I suppose it makes a bit of sense, but on another topic, I was reading the community section on
WWE.com and I stumbled across a thing for tryout's down at booker T's wrestling school, now, why is it, that in the school's and places, they do things for real, but then when they get to primetime, everything (The most obvious are the punches) is so obviously fake, does anyone have any clues on why they'd do this?

They're not "doing it for real" they're teaching you the proper techniques to try not to hurt people. Yes, occassionally someone may get roughed up a bit if the instructor thinks they aren't showing the proper respect. But these days schools are very professional, and you're learning how to work, not how to hurt people. Only in the olden days when the business was more secretive and they didn't want the fixed and worked nature of it to get out were schools teaching guys for real, and then they would be told later (sometimes during their first bout) that everything was a work, and they didn't need to try and hurt the opponent for real.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature