00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ruthless3r just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitar Hero Gang

92,806 Views | 1,593 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-04-05 19:12:04

At 4/5/08 06:32 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/4/08 01:01 PM, TheMaster wrote: Finally beat The Metal and the encore song for that set. Can't do any from the next set now.
Which difficulty?

Expert.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-04-08 09:04:12

At 4/5/08 07:12 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 4/5/08 06:32 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/4/08 01:01 PM, TheMaster wrote: Finally beat The Metal and the encore song for that set. Can't do any from the next set now.
Which difficulty?
Expert.

You people make me cry. I'm going to have to try to master some of the medium difficulty songs to get up towards a respectable niche in the game.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-04-08 09:42:27

Guitar batteries ran out, and I've got none in the house D:

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-04-10 08:15:54

At 4/8/08 09:42 AM, TheMaster wrote: Guitar batteries ran out, and I've got none in the house D:

Yeah, that happened to us, so I was left with Newgrounds and Assassin's Creed to mess about with. I've bought some more, so I might get on that when I get back to my girlfriend's house on Friday night.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-04-14 01:42:55

At 4/7/08 08:55 PM, Hycran wrote: half the game fc'd :)

Awesome, that song is giving me a lot of grief and I just can't get a decent run on it. Same Old Song and Dance as well. I haven't been playing for FCs lately though so my only notable achievement as of late is hitting 22 million. I also had a frustrating fake-out FC on Rock and Roll All Night. I made it through the solo and hit everything after it without choking. Then, the newspaper pops up and I see 99%. Turns out I fucked up somewhere in the first segment and didn't even notice.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-04-15 23:36:39

At 4/15/08 09:43 PM, Hycran wrote: jerc do you anchor green for raran? that shit is hard =/

No, I can't even think of a spot where that would be useful for me. I guess I'm odd that way, sometimes the least convenient method is the one I gravitate towards. The only time I'll anchor my pointer finger is on a trill. For example I'll play any zig-zag section by lifting up each finger before putting down the next. I've tried, but I just can't do the anchor and roll technique.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-04-16 17:13:04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBbueZ-xK yU

Finally got around to five-starring Raining Blood which puts the main setlist to rest and leaves only The Way it Ends and TTFaF. I almost had TWiE the other day. I came through the first half of the song with a decent 245k, which should have been more than enough, but I completely fucked up the solo. As in I didn't even get any of the SP in it. I also flubbed up FC runs of Cities on Flame and Welcome to the Jungle.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-04-16 23:01:25

I can beat Easy with my toes.

Zabi the Chemist gets all the Bitches

Acid is my Favourite Drug

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-04-17 05:29:45

At 4/14/08 01:42 AM, Jercurpac wrote: Then, the newspaper pops up and I see 99%. Turns out I fucked up somewhere in the first segment and didn't even notice.

That's almost as annoying as missing the last chord on any song, particularly one that you've never been particularly good at and you just want to fc it before you leave it alone for a good while.

I've got to wait until Monday to get my next fix - the XBOX has gone away while my girlfriend's dad is being moody and at home. When he goes back, that will come out again and all the housework will likely stop as well :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-04-19 16:59:32

At 4/18/08 10:59 AM, RageOfOrder wrote: Rock Band DLC for April 22 2008:

Awesome, now I just have to spend 160 clams to have the ability to purchase those songs.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-04-21 20:26:27

I got FCs number 35 and 36 today.

I'm in the Band
Cities on Flame

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-04-22 09:48:13

Gutar Hero and the XBOX have mirraculously rematerialised in the front room, after my girlfriend's dad went back to Exeter in a foul mood, because Birmingham lost. He should support the proper team, I tell you!

Anyway, I've gotten about halfway through medium, though I'm not going to try anything on Hard until I can perfect a song on this difficulty as well - my girlfriend managed to get Even Flow a few nights ago, so I gave it a try. By the end of the night, I was 5 notes away from perfection, with two sore fingers.

I will get better!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-04-30 16:43:22

At 4/28/08 02:15 AM, Hycran wrote: 40 FC's :)
I'm still not convinced that its that big of an accomplishment, but maybe when i hit 45 i'll get be a bit impressed with myself

Awesome job. I wish I had some more time to play right now. Even so, when I do find a few spare hours I usually have no drive to go for FCs. All the -1s I was getting killed my desire to grind out a perfect run. I've been more interested in online matches and working on the really hard songs.

I finally decided to practice TTFAF more and got a 4*. I had an awesome -7 run on Knights of Cydonia, and I know I can 600k one. I just need to learn how to pass Fast Solo A without star power.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-04-30 18:01:18

When do you think they're gonna make a METALLICA guitar hero? that would make a lot of sense and be a lot of fun

thanks for the sig Makeshift!

GT = BD Lelouch

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-04-30 22:48:04

btw who here has "kicked the bucket"? (aka beaten jordan in GH2 on expert) cuz I have =D

GT = BD Lelouch

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-05-02 17:13:34

At 4/30/08 10:48 PM, uchiha666 wrote: btw who here has "kicked the bucket"? (aka beaten jordan in GH2 on expert) cuz I have =D

I'm nowhere near that good. I've managed to get my first perfect on Medium difficulty now, so I am improving. Slowly but surely, as Even Flow has now been perfected by me on both Easy and Medium. It's going to take me a while to get some more, but it will be worth it.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-05-03 01:39:05

At 4/30/08 10:48 PM, uchiha666 wrote: btw who here has "kicked the bucket"? (aka beaten jordan in GH2 on expert) cuz I have =D

I pass Jordan over 90% of the time.

darcness1 sez: Newgrounds moderators scare small children.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-05-03 10:33:16

anyone posted about the new Guitar Hero DLC here yet?

Muse Track Pack, 9th May.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-05-03 10:46:27

At 8/30/06 12:37 AM, Backseat-Mod wrote: I have beaten it on all levels, and I have 5 starred everything up till Frankenstein on Expert.

=D

were talking about GH1. WHY?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-05-03 12:09:47

I've won guitar hero on al modes, i got bored.
I prefer real guitar lol

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-05-03 12:39:05

I just found my GH1 and GH2 out of their CD cases on top of my brothers PS2.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-05-03 13:01:33

At 5/3/08 12:39 PM, TheMaster wrote: I just found my GH1 and GH2 out of their CD cases on top of my brothers PS2.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

*Watches as The Master attacks his brother's CD collection with toast spread with Strawberry Jam.*

I know how you feel, but I get almost as peeved when the same happens, but the CDs are in the wrong boxes

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-05-03 17:25:38

Well, I've done some cool stuff lately. I finally learned how to tap the TTFAF intro and passed with 322k, I 5-starred the entire GH1 game on expert, and I earned over a dozen expert mode FCs on GH3. There's just a few things I'm having trouble with.

1. 5-starring Raining Blood. I can get 180 - 200k, but I always lose my combo on the YBYRY spasm at Mosh 2 before the triple chords. I could easily 5-star it if I could just hit that part, which really frustrates me.

2. 5-starring Psychobilly Freakout. Highest score is around 150k. That song is just messed up. I'll take any advice for this one. After that, I know I can 5-star everything else on the main setlist except for Misirlou, which I just need to practice.

3. Passing Jordan. I do fine on this song until the downward runs before the solos. That usually leaves my rock meter at yellow, and then it's just surviving the solos from there. The farthest I've gotten on this was 60%, just before the song gets easy again.

If any of you could help me at all with the above problems or just give me some alternate method of doing things, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Since I can't quite seem to get any of these, I've just been trying to get more FCs. I'm currently working on Hit Me With Your Best Shot. It's an easy song and I know I can get it, but I always make some dumbass mistake in the solos. I don't really care though, I know I'll get it eventually.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-05-03 20:31:36

*wonderful on-topic post*

Guitar Hero Gang

darcness1 sez: Newgrounds moderators scare small children.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-05-04 00:36:39

At 5/3/08 10:33 AM, simon wrote: Muse Track Pack, 9th May.

There is a god and he loves us.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-05-04 04:34:27

At 5/3/08 05:25 PM, Jake wrote: 1. 5-starring Raining Blood. I can get 180 - 200k, but I always lose my combo on the YBYRY spasm at Mosh 2 before the triple chords. I could easily 5-star it if I could just hit that part, which really frustrates me.

It's well known that I hate that song. My hatred is mostly based around a game, that is true, but when you consider that it's not really music - better sounds have come out of my rectum after a night on the curry...

I've gone back a few steps and have now noticed that I'm a few steps away from another achievement on the XBOX profile achievements thingy. I've got to 5* Raining Blood to complete the set - everything else has 5* on easy (Yes, you may laugh) and I'm just after this one before continuing my quest on Medium. After having my arse repeatedly handed to me on a plate by Slash, it was almost a relief to return to easy and try to show what I'd learned... almost.

Maybe I'll be able to get that sorted before my girlfriend's brother comes back with a copy of GTA IV... Who knows?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-05-04 09:24:18

At 5/4/08 12:36 AM, Jercurpac wrote:
At 5/3/08 10:33 AM, simon wrote: Muse Track Pack, 9th May.
There is a god and he loves us.

even better, it's actually 8th May, this Thursday.
- Exo-Politics
- Supermassive Black Hole
- Stockholm Syndrome

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-05-04 16:07:36

New downloadable content for rock band:
Inside the Fire ~ Disturbed
Indestructible ~ Disturbed
go preorder the new album at bestbuy to get these two songs free

GT = BD Lelouch

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-05-05 19:49:17

At 5/3/08 05:25 PM, Jake wrote: Well, I've done some cool stuff lately. I finally learned how to tap the TTFAF intro and passed with 322k, I 5-starred the entire GH1 game on expert, and I earned over a dozen expert mode FCs on GH3. There's just a few things I'm having trouble with.

That's amazing Jake, I still can't seem to get the hang of the TTFAF intro, it just isn't my cup of tea with hundreds of notes coming at me that fast. :(
Plus I'm always trying to do it with one hand, but when I watch other people play the intro they quickly switch their hands over to the neck of the guitar and tap it with all 8 of their fingers, it seems pretty impossible to me.

1. 5-starring Raining Blood. I can get 180 - 200k, but I always lose my combo on the YBYRY spasm at Mosh 2 before the triple chords. I could easily 5-star it if I could just hit that part, which really frustrates me.

Hmm, I think maybe if you can hit that part you might not be able to 5star it, but then again, if you got your star power right you just might be able to do it. The 5star cutoff is 227k, so you're going to have to go at it with your all, if you can hit Mosh2, when you get your first 2 star powers, use it on the green triplets before Mosh2 and your score will rocket up, then get the star power from Mosh2 and continue to play like normal. Then you should come up to those GR notes, use the next star power there and the final two on the Flood, you'll need to be able to hit most of the notes in Flood of course.

It's a very tricky song on Expert.

2. 5-starring Psychobilly Freakout. Highest score is around 150k. That song is just messed up. I'll take any advice for this one. After that, I know I can 5-star everything else on the main setlist except for Misirlou, which I just need to practice.

This is the Raining Blood but on GH2, again, you'll probably just need a shit load of practice for this one, it's got a very weird rhythm to it. Sorry I couldn't help you on this one.

3. Passing Jordan. I do fine on this song until the downward runs before the solos. That usually leaves my rock meter at yellow, and then it's just surviving the solos from there. The farthest I've gotten on this was 60%, just before the song gets easy again.

RIGHT a song I've actually done! As you've said, you can do fine on the beginning part, so save all your star power up here and fill your meter (do NOT use star power at any time), so keep playing the song until you get to the downward notes as you've said you have problems with. I also have problems with this part, my best advice to stay in the green is to tap crazily and strum crazily so that you hit at least 70% of these, this should at least leave you in the green but very low, then hit all the notes until the first solo. Once you reach the solo, GO CRAZY. Make sure you're hitting some notes, if you stop or strum to fast, you're fucked, keep leaving your meter until it's blinking, now use your star power STRAIGHT AWAY, leave no chances here or else you'll fail straight away, the star power should last all the way to the last two or one hard solo(s), you're going to need to go into practice mode for these or else again, you have a very strong chance of failing.

Once you've got all the way past the blue note on the solo, you're fine, make sure you keep your cool at this point and don't get over confident, make sure to get the next two star powers (to use on the final bridge), then that should take you right to the end of the song, which you must've had enough practice on by now, and you've done it!

If any of you could help me at all with the above problems or just give me some alternate method of doing things, it'd be greatly appreciated.

It's a pleasure to be helping a good friend.

Since I can't quite seem to get any of these, I've just been trying to get more FCs. I'm currently working on Hit Me With Your Best Shot. It's an easy song and I know I can get it, but I always make some dumbass mistake in the solos. I don't really care though, I know I'll get it eventually.

That's the same with me as well, there's a few easy going songs that have an annoying part in it, another example is Paint It Black and Can't Be Saved, although both of these are FC'd now.

Good luck on those 5stars, FC's and Jordan!

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-05-08 13:55:50

Muse DLC is out on the Playstion 3 Network (also Europe!) and Xbox Live (Gold Members).

- Exo-Politics
A pretty bland and boring song, it's the same old same old all the way through, about half way I was beginning to fall asleep, not really my cup of tea for Muse, but eh what the hell, I guess they had to fill in the third blank for the pack.

- Stockholm Syndrome
Now this is what I'm fucking talking about! Great song, great note chart, a bit of difficulty AND from Muse's older albums, what more could I ask for of Muse? This is probably the best song in the entire pack, also if you havn't got your 500k achievement, here is the song for you, I got 517k on my sightread.

- Super Massive Black Hole
A pretty popular song in the world, a lot of people know it, it's a great song but again the same with Exo-Politics, it gets boring pretty fast.

Well worth the money this pack.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature