00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OGcomposters just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitar Hero Gang

93,135 Views | 1,593 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-07 10:19:43

At 6/6/08 01:40 PM, TheMaster wrote: Beat One. Just Raining Blood and Lou left and I can tell Guitar Hero III to fuck off forever and never come back.

Then why play the game in the first place? I'm playing it for the enjoyment and the fact that I can show off to friends that I can actually play these songs quite well. You should have seen the look on my best friend's face when I only missed 4 notes on Cliffs of Dover, then told him it was only on Medium difficulty. "What's Hard like?" was the question that I didn't have the heart to answer :P

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-07 10:28:53

At 6/7/08 10:19 AM, Coop83 wrote: Then why play the game in the first place? I'm playing it for the enjoyment

It's only fun when there's actually good songs left. One you've done Cliffs of Dover from the last set, you're left with 3 shit songs and an alright boss battle. But since it's so close to the end, it seems a shame not to finish it.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-07 11:18:32

At 6/6/08 01:40 PM, TheMaster wrote: Beat One. Just Raining Blood and Lou left and I can tell Guitar Hero III to fuck off forever and never come back.

You're not even going to try to 5* them? You're no fun. :(

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-07 11:29:40

At 6/7/08 11:18 AM, Jake wrote:

When it's this difficult to even pass them, I'm not even considering it.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-07 11:52:01

At 6/7/08 11:29 AM, TheMaster wrote: When it's this difficult to even pass them, I'm not even considering it.

Raining Blood is seriously not as hard as it looks. Just practice it a bit and you'll have the beat down in no time.

Personally, I think if you can learn to go from medium to hard successfully, you can do anything. That orange button was the hardest thing in the world to get down, but once I got it down, everything else became easier. Don't let Mosh 1 intimidate you into giving up on the song.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-07 11:58:37

At 6/7/08 11:52 AM, Jake wrote: Personally, I think if you can learn to go from medium to hard successfully, you can do anything.

I can't even remember doing that. Guitar Hero 1 was ages ago.

Don't let Mosh 1 intimidate you into giving up on the song.

I can nearly get through it. I reckon if I land the star power at the start, and use it at the right time, and it every note in the next section, I could get through. Same way I did it on hard.

It's a horrible song, though. One of those ones you don't want to listen to or play. I wouldn't mind getting stuck on Paint it Black or Holiday in Cambodia or something, because they're ace songs, but I hate being stuck on Slayer or Slipknot or any of the other growling metal bands.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-07 12:29:44

At 6/7/08 11:18 AM, Jake wrote:

I have 10 left to 5 star and about 30 left to FC in the setlist, but you know, I have rockband now and when im fisnished with that, back to guitar Hero.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-07 13:41:09

Well, my GH3 game decided to stop reading my memory. 1 and 2 work just fine, but whenever I load up GH3 it tells me that there's not a save file created, and I know damn well there is. Looks like I finally have time to go back and perfect Misirlou now. >:(

At 6/7/08 11:58 AM, TheMaster wrote: I can't even remember doing that. Guitar Hero 1 was ages ago.

I actually started with GH2 sometime around last fall or so. I only got to medium from there, and GH3's where I made the rest of my debut.

It's a horrible song, though. One of those ones you don't want to listen to or play. I wouldn't mind getting stuck on Paint it Black or Holiday in Cambodia or something, because they're ace songs, but I hate being stuck on Slayer or Slipknot or any of the other growling metal bands.

I actually love Raining Blood. Metal is awesome. Paint it Black is boring, but I love Holiday in Cambodia.

At 6/7/08 12:29 PM, DumbassDude wrote: I have 10 left to 5 star and about 30 left to FC in the setlist, but you know, I have rockband now and when im fisnished with that, back to guitar Hero.

Rock Band is an awesome game. I myself don't have it, but my friend has it on his PS3. I keep trying to get him to buy Thrasher, but he says it's "a waste of money compared to Bon Jovi tracks." What a dumbass, huh?

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-07 13:55:18

At 6/7/08 12:29 PM, DumbassDude wrote: I have rockband now and when im fisnished with that, back to guitar Hero.

I've been trying to make my brother get that for his 360, since it's not out for PS3 over here yet, but it's £130, which is far too much for a video game.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-08 07:11:40

At 6/7/08 10:28 AM, TheMaster wrote: It's only fun when there's actually good songs left. One you've done Cliffs of Dover from the last set, you're left with 3 shit songs and an alright boss battle. But since it's so close to the end, it seems a shame not to finish it.

So you don't play any of the bonus songs? There's more good material there than just the setlist. Closer by Lacuna Coil is a little on the easy side, but it's still enjoyable to play.

Moving over to Rock Band next then?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-08 07:21:46

At 6/8/08 07:11 AM, Coop83 wrote: So you don't play any of the bonus songs? There's more good material there than just the setlist. Closer by Lacuna Coil is a little on the easy side, but it's still enjoyable to play.

I've done the majority of the bonus songs already. Just not the ones that sounded shit when you get to listen to a bit of them in the store.

When I can afford it.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-08 08:19:05

I got GUiter Hero 3 lol i can do Cliffs Of Dover on expert till the half

Just Don't Fail In Live ~.~

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-10 12:37:40

My brother was just talking to me about how good he's getting at Guitar Hero, and he's like "I'm 4 starring Expert now", so I went to watch him play, because the last time I saw him do it he was doing medium and the first few songs on hard, so he goes to More Than A Feeling, and promptly loses on the intro. He says "I've 4 starred it before, look", and shows me the score. The score I set a few months back when I was trying to get back into 1 after playing 3 for ages (A score I'm quite embarrassed about because, you know, it's More Than A Feeling, that's a song to FC, not score 4 stars on). Seems he'd convinced himself he'd done it. Probably did it on Hard and got confused.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-10 13:08:16

At 6/8/08 07:21 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 6/8/08 07:11 AM, Coop83 wrote: So you don't play any of the bonus songs? There's more good material there than just the setlist. Closer by Lacuna Coil is a little on the easy side, but it's still enjoyable to play.
I've done the majority of the bonus songs already. Just not the ones that sounded shit when you get to listen to a bit of them in the store.

I've not heard a single song in the store sound any good. I'll be purchasing and playing them when I've bought all of the characters and guitars. I think it's only Reaper and Morello left to buy, then about another dozen guitars :P

When I can afford it.

Yeah, you and me both.

At 6/10/08 12:37 PM, TheMaster wrote: My brother was just talking to me about how good he's getting at Guitar Hero, and he's like "I'm 4 starring Expert now", so I went to watch him play, because the last time I saw him do it he was doing medium and the first few songs on hard, so he goes to More Than A Feeling, and promptly loses on the intro.

Pride comes before a fall. If you're going to bullshit, be sure that you can back it up.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-12 08:27:12

At 6/10/08 01:08 PM, Coop83 wrote:
I've not heard a single song in the store sound any good. I'll be purchasing and playing them when I've bought all of the characters and guitars. I think it's only Reaper and Morello left to buy, then about another dozen guitars :P

Seriously? The first thing I did when I got my paycheck was go and buy all the bonus songs, since they're the ones that will prolong my gameplay experience. :/

Also, new DLC, the Isle of Wight Track Pack. Problems (live at Brixton) - Sex Pistols, Shoot The Runner - Kasabian, & I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs.

Not a guitar enthusiast's pack, I would have thought. Still, I'm considering downloading it, because I do like Shoot The Runner, and to a lesser extent, I Predict A Riot. I guess I'll wait till people youtube em all.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-12 08:34:13

At 6/12/08 08:27 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Seriously? The first thing I did when I got my paycheck was go and buy all the bonus songs, since they're the ones that will prolong my gameplay experience. :/

Those snippets they play in the store sound wank. I'll probably head out and buy some if I get bored of the ones I've got available at the moment. Got to get back to the 5* hunt on Medium, but completing Assassin's Creed must come first :P

Also, new DLC, the Isle of Wight Track Pack. Problems (live at Brixton) - Sex Pistols, Shoot The Runner - Kasabian, & I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs.

Nice tune - I've been after Shoot the Runner for a bit - the video is a little bit wierd, with the orgasmic paint splatters.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-12 10:03:03

At 6/10/08 01:08 PM, Coop83 wrote:

The bonus songs have always been hit or miss leaning towards the miss end of the spectrum in the Guitar Hero games, but I think Guitar Hero III comes the closest to getting songs that actually give me a reason to stray from the main setlist. Impulse and Down and Dirty are absolutely glorious.

After only playing in short bursts over the last few months I had a four hour Guitar Hero marathon the other day after downloading the awesome Motörhead pack. I Finally FCd Rock and Roll All Night against someone online and apparently I had never FCd Paranoid so I did that. I mostly played online matches so I was just shooting to win and I don't think I got many high scores.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-12 10:40:36

At 6/12/08 10:03 AM, Jercurpac wrote: I Finally FCd Rock and Roll All Night against someone online

I've always struggled on that song. Why is it the first encore?! Ace this Solo, Freely. Damn, that bit pisses me off. I'm dreading that on hard mode.

That's a really weird feeling, as I love that song. I just can't get my fingers working for the solo. More practice... well, I've only ever used practice for Knights of Cydonia, so I'll probably just carry on playing it.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-13 00:35:18

Oh good, now I have corrupt GH3 data. This doesn't make me mad at all that I spent all that time on the game only to have my memory card fag up later on. This is terrific.

I've been playing a bit more GH2, but I've hardly even been playing that. I'm too annoyed to go back and 5* every song again. Not to mention I even did easy and medium just so I could get their guitars and basses. That means I now have to go back and do those too. AWESOME.

Ugh. >:(

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-13 00:45:27

At 6/13/08 12:35 AM, Jake wrote: Oh good, now I have corrupt GH3 data. This doesn't make me mad at all that I spent all that time on the game only to have my memory card fag up later on. This is terrific.

GH is fun, learn to buy and epic mem card haha XD

not one of those cheap dollar store mem cards.

i got all the gh's and i in fact rock, beat most of the songs on expert. but its crazy how good some people are. my best friends girl friend is sick. shes obsessed. she can play nextto everything on expert.

as for online its a waster of time, accept the downloadable tracks.
now rock band sounds amazing, drums and a mic.

but yeah gh is one of my biggest hobbies, next to your girlfriend and your mother.

lolz

keep on rockin :D

-only as good as the weakest link-

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-13 07:59:43

DLC videos for the IoW track pack look crap. I predict a riot is deathly dull, and problems is major chord overload.

How depressing.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-13 10:15:15

fced cliffs of dover at best buy with 320k.
it's a great feeling, looking at the "demo/full game" tv and seeing those five gold stars up on the expert page. (: way too easy an fc, though; as tough as the song is on real guitar, i believe it really belongs in the seventh tier instead of cult of personality.

At 6/7/08 11:58 AM, TheMaster wrote: It's a horrible song, though. One of those ones you don't want to listen to or play. I wouldn't mind getting stuck on Paint it Black or Holiday in Cambodia or something, because they're ace songs, but I hate being stuck on Slayer or Slipknot or any of the other growling metal bands.

*fyi slipknot is not metal (let alone music) at all ): i agree with you on slayer, though. terrible song. i never play it even to impress anyone.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-13 21:28:52

, but I hate being stuck on Slayer or Slipknot or any of the other growling metal bands.

It is called guitar hero III rock. If you dont like playing metal songs it will get you better and be able to play faster. If you cant play slayer thats also pretty bad.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-16 17:13:10

At 6/13/08 12:35 AM, Jake wrote: Oh good, now I have corrupt GH3 data. This doesn't make me mad at all that I spent all that time on the game only to have my memory card fag up later on. This is terrific.

If you think that's bad, it looks as if the blue button is on the way out with our controller :(

Both bad, but at least you can still play the game and FC songs. I have to leave it to chance, which is a pain in the freaking arse

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-17 15:36:32

I beat jordan on expert, and I didn't care.

Is there something wrong with me?

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-18 14:30:08

At 6/17/08 03:36 PM, 749-Pi wrote: I beat jordan on expert, and I didn't care.

Is there something wrong with me?

no
it's not too hard to pass anyway

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-19 09:21:38

Coldplay DLC out, Yellow, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face, and Violet Hill, 500MS points. Nice to see they've got a spread off of three albums, dunno how guitar-ey they'll be though, not very I imagine. I'll wait till youtube vids come out before I consider buying it.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-19 10:35:21

Violet Hill
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
Yellow

All look very easy, then again, coldplay aren't exactly guitar shredders. They're all OKAY i guess, nothing spectacular though :\ Why cant we get some actual guitar based DLC for once :(

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-19 15:22:55

Hello, I recently got Gh3, ive played all the others but do not own them. I have it for Wii, How big of a difference is there between the Wii and the 360? (Besides Graphics)

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-19 16:15:05

I finally mustered the skill to beat everything on hard, minus the guitar battle with lou, that shit's so hard.

I'm also on the guitar battle with slash on expert, very hard aswell :[.

any tips guys?

My work: Deviant art

BBS Signature