00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

harkhan71 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

957,090 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 00:12:01

At 9/28/10 09:24 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 9/28/10 08:49 PM, Nev wrote: And anyone with any taste prefers Garnet, Rinoa and Yuna anyways.
Blasphemy! Tifa>all. It was just bad graphics back in the day. Her official, and fan art however.....not to mention Advent Children.

Ones you mentioned aren't bad either though :P

Pure blasphemy indeed!

Each one of those was just a poor mans Tifa. Though Yuna was more a poor mans Aerith (and we all know how that ended) >:(

I think Advent Children much impressed her looks though. She went from big boobed woman with big eyes and hair who can fight to a fucking sex tempress ninja.

At 9/28/10 10:32 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I will have VIII up and running by tomorrow, worst case Thursday. I'll give some feedback once I'm far enough into it that I can.

Personally I really did enjoy VIII. I enjoy more Spoonys review on the game, which do make it sound worse than it actually is.

Still it is like a completely different game, away from any of the typical 'fantasy' elements of the previous installments. I guess thats why some many FF fans dislike it.

Also while talking about VII still, I don't follow any of the compilations. Of course I watched Advent Children but thats because I do love the game so much and seeing them all looking graphicly brilliant was a must, but to me this is how their adventure ends after the game >;(

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 07:09:55

At 9/29/10 12:12 AM, Gagsy wrote: Pure blasphemy indeed!
Each one of those was just a poor mans Tifa. Though Yuna was more a poor mans Aerith (and we all know how that ended) >:(

D: Haven't seen you in ages!
I agree with the Yuna thing, but Lulu didn't have a big enough role to compare to Tifa imo.

I think Advent Children much impressed her looks though. She went from big boobed woman with big eyes and hair who can fight to a fucking sex tempress ninja.

Glad to hear a lady concur with that :D

Personally I really did enjoy VIII. I enjoy more Spoonys review on the game, which do make it sound worse than it actually is.

He makes it sound really bad, stupid and illogical! Anyone could do any review like his for any game and bring up so many stupid things, especially when it comes to fantasy rpgs.

Still it is like a completely different game, away from any of the typical 'fantasy' elements of the previous installments. I guess thats why some many FF fans dislike it.

I actually really enjoyed it. And we all know Nev did too.

Zell's the man! :D

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 08:59:26

At 9/29/10 07:09 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
D: Haven't seen you in ages!

I float back here from time to time :D

I agree with the Yuna thing, but Lulu didn't have a big enough role to compare to Tifa imo.

I actually liked Lula. Maybe it was the skirt made of belts and her plush obsession that did it for me.

Glad to hear a lady concur with that :D

Well Tifa was pretty D: Who needs Aerith when you got that waiting at home for you? ;D

He makes it sound really bad, stupid and illogical! Anyone could do any review like his for any game and bring up so many stupid things, especially when it comes to fantasy rpgs.

True he does, but it doesn't make me dislike the games at all. Just makes me laugh that I fail to notice how illogical or even stupid some of the things in the games were. Oh no, I'd never think less of the games at all from reviews like that.

I actually really enjoyed it. And we all know Nev did too.

Hooray for you both then :D

Seifer needed more screen time :( But Zell is da man yeah :D

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 10:27:20

At 9/29/10 07:09 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I actually really enjoyed it. And we all know Nev did too.

Sure did.
I don't understand where all this recent hatred for VIII has come from. Squall and Rinoa's story is arguably the strongest and well developed love story the series has done. Maybe Tidus and Yuna is better, and Zidane and Garnet is slow to start with and then becomes very interesting.

The only issue with FFVIII I have is that magic is redundant thanks to the junction system, which otherwise is good.

And who doesn't love Triple Triad?

Meh... he's better than Quistis :P.

At 9/29/10 08:59 AM, Gagsy wrote: Well Tifa was pretty D: Who needs Aerith when you got that waiting at home for you? ;D

She'd be waiting at home with herpes or something.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 12:52:23

At 9/29/10 10:27 AM, Nev wrote: The only issue with FFVIII I have is that magic is redundant thanks to the junction system, which otherwise is good.

that, and the leveling system. you need so few EXP to level up that, when i first played it, i was at level 30+ right on the first disc, without much grinding. plus, there's no real reason to level up since the enemies level up with you. that sucks.

^BEST MINIGAME IN ANY FINAL FANTASY^

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 13:26:28

At 9/29/10 12:12 AM, Gagsy wrote: Personally I really did enjoy VIII. I enjoy more Spoonys review on the game, which do make it sound worse than it actually is.

You have to take it with at least a grain of salt, he's exaggerating minor details because when you look at them on their own they're actually pretty funny. Yeah, at the same time on some level he's just trying to piss of the blindly faithful fans, but it doesn't change the fact that you need to have a sense of humor about things you love. There are some pretty ridiculous things that make no sense in Final Fantasy games and if you can't laugh at them you risk becoming one of those insane fans that close their eyes to anyone trying to point out flaws in the game.

At 9/29/10 12:52 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote:
At 9/29/10 10:27 AM, Nev wrote: And who doesn't love Triple Triad?

They could have mixed things up with a couple more tracks to play in the back ground. Every time someone brings up triple triad it ends up playing in my head for the rest of the day.

Baw-buh-baw-buh-baw-buh-baw-buh-baw-buh-
baw-buh-baw-buh-baw-buh *CLAP-CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP-CLAP* *CLAP*

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 14:55:02

At 9/29/10 08:59 AM, Gagsy wrote: Well Tifa was pretty D: Who needs Aerith when you got that waiting at home for you? ;D

If Tifa was my only choice, I'd remain permanently celibate. Those oversized knockers make her look like a fucking cow. If I were Cloud, I'd drop her and chase Yuffie, since at least Yuffie is somewhat attractive despite her, ah, kleptomaniac ways. In fact, if Sephiroth had killed Tifa instead of Aerith, I'd brand him the hero.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 15:16:41

At 9/29/10 10:27 AM, Nev wrote:

:(

At 9/29/10 12:52 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote:

Agreed 100%. I'm one of those sad prats who got every single card. It involved many curses as I angrily restarted my PS1 due to losing annoying card games unexpectedly and losing my best cards.

The IX game card was terrible. To this day I don't understand it at all.

At 9/29/10 01:26 PM, Jercurpac wrote:
You have to take it with at least a grain of salt, he's exaggerating minor details because when you look at them on their own they're actually pretty funny. Yeah, at the same time on some level he's just trying to piss of the blindly faithful fans, but it doesn't change the fact that you need to have a sense of humor about things you love. There are some pretty ridiculous things that make no sense in Final Fantasy games and if you can't laugh at them you risk becoming one of those insane fans that close their eyes to anyone trying to point out flaws in the game.

Absolutely. Those kind of reviews could never make me dislike the games I adore. They may just make me laugh inside when I do replay them and think of the stupider parts of the games. Like in X as example.

That Spoony made a lot of noise about the Blitzball - the sport yes, but more about it being Wakkas weapon of choice and how generally Wakka was the best fighter with the ball - not the other fighters with their more normal weapons and magic - Then he went on to rant about how you'd think Tidus (who is/was the best Blitzball player ever) would use the Blitzball as his weapon instead of a sword, especially as it does more damage apparently and it obviously would be ideal as he is a professional Blitzball player..

It's just one of those things where I think you have to sit back and laugh and say "Yeah, now that is a bit silly when you think about it."

At 9/29/10 02:55 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote:
If Tifa was my only choice, I'd remain permanently celibate. Those oversized knockers make her look like a fucking cow. If I were Cloud, I'd drop her and chase Yuffie, since at least Yuffie is somewhat attractive despite her, ah, kleptomaniac ways. In fact, if Sephiroth had killed Tifa instead of Aerith, I'd brand him the hero.

I'm going to blame being female on my dislike of Aerith. I saw a potential shipping opportunity straight away with Cloud and Tifa and it's stuck in my mind ever since. Yes, for someone who loves VII so much I never once was sad when Aerith died.

I never warmed to Yuffie really. I guess those fucking pain in the ass battles with boss battle without any materia on the side quest to Wutai made me kind of hate her. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 15:36:32

fuck you, Ozma.
fuck you and your cheap Curse.

am i the only one that finds that after you complete the friendly monsters sidequests (and thus weakening Ozma a bit), he spams the hell out of Curse and Flare Star?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 16:14:51

At 9/29/10 03:16 PM, Gagsy wrote: I'm going to blame being female on my dislike of Aerith. I saw a potential shipping opportunity straight away with Cloud and Tifa and it's stuck in my mind ever since.

I can recognize a canon ship when I see it. Indeed, the canonicity of their relationship was obvious from Aerith's death. And if that's the way the creators want it, hey, they're the creators, their word is law. But I think Cloud has terrible taste in women.

Yes, for someone who loves VII so much I never once was sad when Aerith died.

You monster. Really, I felt that was either the saddest and most emotional scene ever in gaming, or damn close to it. In my opinion, at least. And that was through emulation, which I never found to feel right compared to playing the real deal. If I had been playing on a real Playstation, without having known from the first sight of that girl exactly what was going to happen, it might have been even more emotional and tear-jerking to me.

I never warmed to Yuffie really. I guess those fucking pain in the ass battles with boss battle without any materia on the side quest to Wutai made me kind of hate her. :(

I had some problem with her originally, too. Having to keep fighting in that forest over and over to find her, then having to know what to answer, losing gil and having to start over after failing... Then I realized that it wasn't so bad, that it was perhaps the first new thing I'd done in games in years, at least without a player's guide of some sort. And the no-magic challenge in the Wutai sidequest was just the right kind of difficult for me: take away magic and summons, and I see how strong my characters really are and were. Over time that helped me warm up to Yuffie.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 17:32:09

At 9/29/10 03:16 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 9/29/10 10:27 AM, Nev wrote:

I just blistered through it with the Conformer, no problems for me :P

I thought Tifa was a good female character. I mean, I dislike the mostly one dimensional cast of VII for the most part, but Tifa had at least a few more dimensions to her.

I didn't like anyone in VIII, at all. Lightning is a better Squall in every way.

IX is still my favorite game with my favorite characters. Garnet really didn't affect me much though. I always liked Eiko a lot more, no, not as a sex object but an actual character.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 18:05:37

At 9/29/10 04:14 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote:
I can recognize a canon ship when I see it. Indeed, the canonicity of their relationship was obvious from Aerith's death. And if that's the way the creators want it, hey, they're the creators, their word is law. But I think Cloud has terrible taste in women.

To be fair, Cloud never seems to make any good decisions. Why would his love life be any different? =P

You monster. Really, I felt that was either the saddest and most emotional scene ever in gaming, or damn close to it. In my opinion, at least. And that was through emulation, which I never found to feel right compared to playing the real deal. If I had been playing on a real Playstation, without having known from the first sight of that girl exactly what was going to happen, it might have been even more emotional and tear-jerking to me.

Haha. I was there back on the PS1 back when we had no net to ruin anything, everything was a surprise and BAMM she dies. Yeah, I actually do wish I felt sad for her. It almost feels like I'm missing something in not getting that feeling. Though the ending was of course touching.

I had some problem with her originally, too. Having to keep fighting in that forest over and over to find her, then having to know what to answer, losing gil and having to start over after failing... Then I realized that it wasn't so bad, that it was perhaps the first new thing I'd done in games in years, at least without a player's guide of some sort. And the no-magic challenge in the Wutai sidequest was just the right kind of difficult for me: take away magic and summons, and I see how strong my characters really are and were. Over time that helped me warm up to Yuffie.

I guess I just relied on me magics too much. That and I found Vincent to be a much better character to not just get (that boss fight from the safe was great) but his story was compelling too. Much more than I think Yuffies was.

At 9/29/10 05:32 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
I just blistered through it with the Conformer, no problems for me :P

Well la de da you :(

I thought Tifa was a good female character. I mean, I dislike the mostly one dimensional cast of VII for the most part, but Tifa had at least a few more dimensions to her.

I didn't like anyone in VIII, at all. Lightning is a better Squall in every way.

Oh I think Lightning is generally a good leading character anyway. Certainly better then the two before her (Vann, Tidus) as well.

IX is still my favorite game with my favorite characters. Garnet really didn't affect me much though. I always liked Eiko a lot more, no, not as a sex object but an actual character.

I just couldn't get into it, which I really did find surprising, considering my love of anything FF. I think the problem was when I did buy it the first time I made do with a second hand copy with worked fine until when you get on some kind of ship and then you have to battle one of those black mages. The disc worked fine right up till that point. It wasn't too far into the game, 5, 8 hours maybe - but I guess after a few fruitless tries to get it to work my excitment over the game died. Of course I bought a better copy years later and played but yeah I never got that excitment back.

Plus the fact that the ONLY characters I liked were Vivi and Steiner. To me the only two worthy ones. Meg Ryan as the lead was terrible.

Oh and worst evil character as well. imo.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 18:19:38

At 9/29/10 06:05 PM, Gagsy wrote: Oh I think Lightning is generally a good leading character anyway. Certainly better then the two before her (Vann, Tidus) as well.

I figured Lightning was like Square's 'redo' of Squall. They did a much better job with the 'grumpy' disposition because at least in XIII you understood why she felt the way she did. Instead of it just being a 'personality' trait.

I just couldn't get into it, which I really did find surprising, considering my love of anything FF. I think the problem was when I did buy it the first time I made do with a second hand copy with worked fine until when you get on some kind of ship and then you have to battle one of those black mages. The disc worked fine right up till that point. It wasn't too far into the game, 5, 8 hours maybe - but I guess after a few fruitless tries to get it to work my excitment over the game died. Of course I bought a better copy years later and played but yeah I never got that excitment back.

Plus the fact that the ONLY characters I liked were Vivi and Steiner. To me the only two worthy ones. Meg Ryan as the lead was terrible.

Zidane may have been a little androgynous but I found myself ignoring that just because he was a likable guy. He was never annoying and when he actually said something it wasn't brooding drivel.

I could relate to Eiko a lot and I really felt for her, living alone her whole life and being left to pine for the one person she's been able to love. I admired her even more so for taking that with a grain of salt and choosing to be happy for Garnet and Zidane instead of jealous.

Quina was goofy and to be honest I think he was special to me because I named him 'Gobble'.

Amarant was a weak link but at least he never but his way into the plot when he wasn't wanted.

Oh and worst evil character as well. imo.

:[

Kuja's motivations are, in my opinion, some of the deepest and most understandable of any villain in the series' history. He learns he is doomed to die before he can ever become the eternal being he wanted to become. So he decides that if he isn't allowed to live, no one is.

Much better than a good number of other villains. Plus he was exceptionally villainous.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 18:29:51

At 9/29/10 06:19 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
I figured Lightning was like Square's 'redo' of Squall. They did a much better job with the 'grumpy' disposition because at least in XIII you understood why she felt the way she did. Instead of it just being a 'personality' trait.

I alwaus read Lightning was the female version of Cloud. Well, they based the idea of her around Clouds trait. Which I suppose make sense too. Yes, she was a better Squall though. It did make me laugh during the game just how bitchy she was. Shame the linear quality of the game ruined otherwise what could have been a good game. I think the storyline was good. Loved the ending.

Zidane may have been a little androgynous but I found myself ignoring that just because he was a likable guy. He was never annoying and when he actually said something it wasn't brooding drivel.

I could relate to Eiko a lot and I really felt for her, living alone her whole life and being left to pine for the one person she's been able to love. I admired her even more so for taking that with a grain of salt and choosing to be happy for Garnet and Zidane instead of jealous.

Quina was goofy and to be honest I think he was special to me because I named him 'Gobble'.

Amarant was a weak link but at least he never but his way into the plot when he wasn't wanted.

Quina scared the shit out of me. I'll admit it.

To be honest it's been such a long time that I do have trouble remember who is who of the other characters. Amarant was the rooster like guy? Eiko.. Again can't remember much, just that she was young and seemed horribly out of place to me. But yeah, Zidane did nothing for me. Maybe it was the tail, maybe because he looked like Meg Ryan, maybe because his name reminded me every single of a famous footballer and I loath to change names in the games. And Garnet/Dagger.. She did nothing for me again, as the leading lady.

[
Kuja's motivations are, in my opinion, some of the deepest and most understandable of any villain in the series' history. He learns he is doomed to die before he can ever become the eternal being he wanted to become. So he decides that if he isn't allowed to live, no one is.

Much better than a good number of other villains. Plus he was exceptionally villainous.

I guess.. It's just.. he looked.. so girly and weak. Instant dislike. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 18:36:56

At 9/29/10 06:29 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 9/29/10 06:19 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
I alwaus read Lightning was the female version of Cloud. Well, they based the idea of her around Clouds trait. Which I suppose make sense too. Yes, she was a better Squall though. It did make me laugh during the game just how bitchy she was. Shame the linear quality of the game ruined otherwise what could have been a good game. I think the storyline was good. Loved the ending.

I must have played a different version of FF7 because to me Cloud was never really the brooding, bitter, whiny boy that Advent Children and every other adaptation depict him as. He was actually pretty generic and 'Let's go beat the bad guy' most of the time.

I enjoyed FFXIII's gameplay and the linearity didn't bother me because it made more sense, it also made the task at hand seem more urgent. Seeing as you aren't stopping your quest to defeat ultimate evil to go buy goodies at the local shoppe.

I also thought Orphan was another good villain, especially for how little of the game he actually plays a role. I didn't like Barthandeleus as much but once I actually beat the game the characters all just seemed 'better' to me.

Also, Sazh <3

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 18:44:24

At 9/29/10 06:36 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
I must have played a different version of FF7 because to me Cloud was never really the brooding, bitter, whiny boy that Advent Children and every other adaptation depict him as. He was actually pretty generic and 'Let's go beat the bad guy' most of the time.

Hmm. I guess he was more 'stonic' then anything else. He just didn't seem to give a shit one way or the other till everything got too real.

I enjoyed FFXIII's gameplay and the linearity didn't bother me because it made more sense, it also made the task at hand seem more urgent. Seeing as you aren't stopping your quest to defeat ultimate evil to go buy goodies at the local shoppe.

But that's the fun part :(

I also thought Orphan was another good villain, especially for how little of the game he actually plays a role. I didn't like Barthandeleus as much but once I actually beat the game the characters all just seemed 'better' to me.

I loved the music used when fighting Barthandeleus. I thought it was fantastic and powerful. Yeah it was good to almost not see the final boss before you actually fight him (or it). It was a nice change.

Also, Sazh <3

Sazh's chick <3

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 18:54:24

At 9/29/10 08:59 AM, Gagsy wrote: I actually liked Lula. Maybe it was the skirt made of belts and her plush obsession that did it for me.

Don't get me wrong. I liked Lulu, her belt skirt thing was cool, as was her wel endowed upper-body :P But she just didn't have a major part in the story to be honest.

Well Tifa was pretty D: Who needs Aerith when you got that waiting at home for you? ;D

I would die to have something like her at home waiting for me at night!

At 9/29/10 10:27 AM, Nev wrote: And who doesn't love Triple Triad?

TT was da shit! Loved that damn game. Music did get annoying though XD

What makes you thing shes the kinda lady that sleeps around? She's actually comes across as a really nice gal in Advent Children!
Hold your toungue!

At 9/29/10 01:26 PM, Jercurpac wrote: There are some pretty ridiculous things that make no sense in Final Fantasy games and if you can't laugh at them you risk becoming one of those insane fans that close their eyes to anyone trying to point out flaws in the game.

I agree completely. I actually laugh along with some of the stuff he picks up on, but to be honest, they're not things that would deter me from the game.

At 9/29/10 06:05 PM, Gagsy wrote: Oh I think Lightning is generally a good leading character anyway. Certainly better then the two before her (Vann, Tidus) as well.

Yeah, defo. She was a good lead character, and even if someone doesn't like her, you could always switch her out the team, which most FF's don't let you do.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 20:27:34

At 9/29/10 06:54 PM, Life-Stream wrote: What makes you thing shes the kinda lady that sleeps around? She's actually comes across as a really nice gal in Advent Children!
Hold your toungue!

The big breasts and the miniskirts. All girls with big breasts and miniskirts are sluts, this is a fact :P.

At 9/29/10 06:29 PM, Gagsy wrote: I guess.. It's just.. he looked.. so girly and weak. Instant dislike. :(

Being strong is kinda irrelevant if you can summon Bahamut and Odin to fuck shit up for you.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 20:59:41

At 9/29/10 08:44 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I...tried playing VIII. I'm not going to judge it right off the bat but good god. Like, how the fuck does Triple Triad work? How do I get GFs in my actual party?

You have to junction GFs. Theres a tutorial on it in the classroom computers.

Triple Triad is simple. You've got your grid and the numbers on the cards. If theres a card top-middle with a score on the bottom of 1 and you put a card below it (so middle-middle) with a score at the top of more than 1, then you win that card.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-29 23:07:49

Don't level up your GFs then. I've never bothered using them unless it was a particularly tough fight.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-30 00:43:29

At 9/29/10 11:07 PM, Nev wrote: Don't level up your GFs then. I've never bothered using them unless it was a particularly tough fight.

Agreed, if you're relying on your GFs too much you're probably under junctioned. Don't let that happen because it's a bitch to get caught up later on. I hope you like triple triad because it's the best way to get strong magic fast. You can use Quezacotl's card mod ability to refine cards into items, which can be further refined into magic using abilities gained from other GFs. It sounds frustrating, but if you take the time to play every time you enter a new area it's a lot speedier than drawing from every new creature you meet.

Alternately once you know which enemies get you the items you want there's an ability that allows you to turn them into cards from the battle screen.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-30 08:28:05

At 9/29/10 08:27 PM, Nev wrote: The big breasts and the miniskirts. All girls with big breasts and miniskirts are sluts, this is a fact :P.

Sure. You do seem like a lady and sex expert Nev.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-30 13:04:50

At 9/29/10 12:12 AM, Gagsy wrote: Personally I really did enjoy VIII. I enjoy more Spoonys review on the game, which do make it sound worse than it actually is.

I thought the complaints for FFVIII were reasonable, although one of the silliest arguments from his review is complaining about the gunblade. It's never a good idea to question logic in most video games. Who cares if people can breath underwater for a really long time when they shouldn't, video games shouldn't have to follow realism all the time.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-30 15:30:39

At 9/29/10 06:29 PM, Gagsy wrote: I guess.. It's just.. he looked.. so girly and weak. Instant dislike. :(

about Kuja's looks, the first time i saw him in his Trance, i thought he became a Super Saiyan. a fabulous Super Saiyan. but that was when i was like, 11.
but i do agree that i hated Kuja. he's girly to the EXTREME (he seems to use make-up and nail polish D:) and overall annoying.
the only characters that were more annoying were the jesters (Zorn and Thorn). they're always like "LOLOLOL WE'RE THE QUEEN'S/KUJA'S BODYGUARDS WE'LL KILL YOU IN A SECOND IF WE WANT LOLOLOL", but when you fought with them, in both times they were complete wussies.
if a villain is this annoying, i want them to be tough so i can kick their asses for more time.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-30 19:37:19

At 9/30/10 04:40 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 9/30/10 12:43 AM, Jercurpac wrote: You can use Quezacotl's card mod ability to refine cards into items, which can be further refined into magic using abilities gained from other GFs.
So basically, later on (Exactly HOW later on?) I won't have to draw at all? I can just mod cards?

Sorry, not to imply that drawing ever becomes irrelevant. You're always going to have to draw a little bit because some magics don't refine in great quantities, but for reference I had a good deal of all but the most powerful magic by the end of the disc 2. That was overkill though as you can scrape by most of the game doing almost no drawing at all so don't feel compelled to go nuts. FFVIII is one of those games that's best enjoyed when taken at your own pace. People complain that you have to immediately start drawing crazy amounts of magic, but realistically you can draw next to nothing and still get through the first disc. The first time I tried to play I played like a traditional JRPG and I hated it. When I took my time and experimented with different ways to get stronger I enjoyed it a lot more.

Just remember that it is a standard JRPG in that there's a moment near the end where shit gets kicked in high gear to punish the people who've been scraping by at the bare minimum for three discs.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-09-30 21:03:38

At 9/29/10 02:55 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: I'd drop her and chase Yuffie, since at least Yuffie is somewhat attractive despite her, ah, kleptomaniac ways.

What a paedophile.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-01 01:50:27

At 9/30/10 09:03 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 9/29/10 02:55 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: I'd drop her and chase Yuffie, since at least Yuffie is somewhat attractive despite her, ah, kleptomaniac ways.
What a paedophile.

Don't start, Aigis. I'm no pedophile. Plus, Yuffie is 16 by the time FF7 rolls around, according to this. 16 is legal in a lot of places, including here in Pennsylvania provided the other guy is 20 or younger (full disclosure: my 20th birthday was Sunday), and would be ephebophilia rather than pedophilia even if it weren't. Also, the birthdate given is in November 1991. Do the math: that makes her 18 as of now, going on 19. Fully legal, for almost anyone.

What the age of consent is in Wutai, however, hasn't been revealed. Still, 16. Not pedophilia!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-02 07:21:53

At 10/1/10 06:10 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I've barely played VIII for 2 hours and already I'm used to the Junction system. I love how customizable it is, even though it's not exactly user-friendly and a bit confusing and overwhelming at first. I don't think any FF has ever been this customizable. It's very different, though. Nothing in this game represents the picture in my head when I say or read "Final Fantasy."

I think the draw/junction was a welcome change in the whole magic and ability area, but i still feel that none of the FF's, not even the newer ones with their more complex grids and licenses can compare to the simple Materia.

You could combine so many different types of Materia. And it also made you think about which weapon you would use for Materia slots and Materia growth.

The little colourful balls also look cool :D
Also, I've started listening to the Piano Collections. This, in particular,this is just beautiful.

I'm a huge fan of the FF music, and have the OST's for VII,VIII and X on CD (Brought them years ago). But sometimes I do love to just chill with stuff like that.

You should listen to some stuff from the voices of the lifestream. It's basically a fan made album full of remixes of FFVII music. They've remixed most of the popular songs into many different genres, so i thought it was pretty cool.
Stone eyes is a piano favourite of mine, which is on that album too. Awesome fan piano work.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-02 17:47:28

At 10/1/10 01:50 AM, SoulMaster71 wrote: What the age of consent is in Wutai, however, hasn't been revealed. Still, 16. Not pedophilia!

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

'Tis but a joke, good sir.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-05 08:05:01

At 10/2/10 12:08 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Squall may become my all-time favorite FF protagonist. Also he looks really cool, even if he does have that Nomura staple of belts and zippers.

I always thought he looks pretty cool. I like his coat and obviously the gunblade looks badass :D

Back when i was in secondary school there used to be this kid a year below me, with the same hair as him, always looked kinda serious, and had a normal jacket BUT with like fur around the hood. Me and a few mates that i got into FF used to call him squall xD He'd just look at us like ´WTF?!´ o_O

At 10/3/10 10:42 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Well, got to Disc 2 and went for a ways until I got the flying Garden. This makes me wonder, what happens to the cars you drive after you abandon them? Do they just remain on the map or disappear?

Well they obviously dissapear, cos you can't get them again. But....no need to worry right....you got a flying garden. And you get something even better later.