00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

harkhan71 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

957,100 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-03-18 03:55:03

At 2 hours ago, Austerity wrote: Final Fantasy XXVII... you heard it here first.

What the hell? Please tell me that's fan made or a photoshop or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-03-18 11:14:49

At 7 hours ago, FallenMartyr wrote:
At 2 hours ago, Austerity wrote: Final Fantasy XXVII... you heard it here first.

From a quick search, it looks like it's found on the latest Deus Ex game.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-03-21 18:28:52

Well, I finished up my (first) run of Final Fantasy II. I played the Dawn of Souls version for the GBA, which I believe is a bit more playable than the original as they made a few tweaks in the game's mechanics.

Honestly, I think it ranks amongst my least favourite Final Fantasy games. I did have some fun playing it and it wasn't that bad or anything. I think the plot and music are alright and I like how there's hardly any grinding necessary. But what puts me off is that the game just feels broken.

The fact that you can exploit instant death spells like Toad and Mini so easily and basically kill anything in the game with them, including many mini-bosses, really makes the game hardly any challenge at all. Next to this you also have the stackable Berserk spell which practically takes care of all the remaining monsters and bosses, including the final one who went down in only a couple of hits.

Other than this, I didn't like how there are so many dead ends, empty rooms and chests with useless equipment in every dungeon. I mean, what's the point of finding beginning equipment at 3/4 into the game?

Like I said, I think the game is alright, but it's probably not something that I'll ever want to replay.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-03-24 11:21:46

At 2 days ago, Austerity wrote: What do you guys think is the best soundtrack from any linear FF game? I really like the ambient FFXII music, I've had it on my ipod for a while and listen to it all the time. Nobuo's music is incredible but it's not really great to listen to outside of the game like FFXII's is.

Linear FF? Why does it have to be linear, the ost doesn't reflect the nature of the game. Anyway, I like all the Final Fantasy music to be honest, but FFIX, X, and XIII have the best ost imho.

Which brings me to my next point, they cut the song Eternal Love from U.S XIII for a fcking Leona Lewis song ;_;
Such a gorgeous song. Despite my hate for the game it had amazing music. Eternity Memory of Lightwaves in X-2 is another of my favorites, I could put that on repeat for hours. Dat ambiance.

At 3 days ago, FallenMartyr wrote:
As Bahamut pointed out, you can find it in Deus Ex: Human Revolution as a poster on the wall in a room. A pleasant surprise for any FF fan.

Never played it.

Oh and Auz, I agree FFII imho is hands down the worst canon FF game. However it do a lot for the series. First to have airships, chocobos, Cid as well as a few other things I forget.

Broken leveling system though and generic meh storyline with meh characters.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-03-24 17:12:51

I have never played FFII for more than an hour and I have no intentions to play it any further. Hated the levelling up system with a passion. While FFIII wasn't a highlight for the series, it's miles better than the second game. FFIII is another one that I wouldn't really rush back to play again unless I'm doing a marathon for Final Fantasy.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-03-24 20:20:38

Have no idea if any of you are aware but all Final fantasy games 8 and below are on sale in the playstation store. You can snag all of them (including 7) for $6 or $7.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-03-24 20:58:38

At 3/24/12 08:20 PM, sweet21 wrote: Have no idea if any of you are aware but all Final fantasy games 8 and below are on sale in the playstation store. You can snag all of them (including 7) for $6 or $7.

There was a sale for FF games a while ago (maybe sales Europe gets are different elsewhere?) and the only game I would have picked up is Tactics remake, except it's for PSP only.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-03-26 03:34:57

So guys, you think there is any chance of an enhanced port of FFV and FFVI like FFIV Complete collection on either psp or Vita?

Would gobble that up in a heartbeat.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-03-26 07:02:14

At 3/24/12 11:21 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: Oh and Auz, I agree FFII imho is hands down the worst canon FF game. However it do a lot for the series. First to have airships, chocobos, Cid as well as a few other things I forget.

Broken leveling system though and generic meh storyline with meh characters.

Yeah, I agree that it has done a lot for the series, but with the broken gameplay I just can't help but put it at the bottom of my favourites list. If it had at least been more challenging I might have liked it more, but alas.

At 3/24/12 03:56 PM, Austerity wrote: But Auz should be happy to have another linear FF title under his belt.

That's the primary reason I picked it up in the first place, because I had already heard it's one of the worst in the series.

My goal is to play all the games from the main series up until IX at least once. Right now the only ones I'm still missing are III and IV. I'm already halfway into IV (DS) though, so I'm getting close to achieving that goal.

I would love to play X as well someday, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get the opportunity to get my hands on it as I don't own a PS2 (or 3). Maybe if it got ported to the PSP, but I doubt that's ever going to happen...

At 3/24/12 05:12 PM, Bahamut wrote: I have never played FFII for more than an hour and I have no intentions to play it any further. Hated the levelling up system with a passion.

The thing about the Dawn of Souls version is that you at least didn't have decreases in your stats. Also, they took out this ridiculous INT/SOUL penalty on shields and weapons if I'm not mistaken, which is also good.

I think they still put that penalty on armour, helms and gloves though. I can see the logic behind it, but you could at least inform the player about this ffs! How am I supposed to know that spells start to suck if you put gloves on your mages!?

At 3/24/12 08:20 PM, sweet21 wrote: Have no idea if any of you are aware but all Final fantasy games 8 and below are on sale in the playstation store. You can snag all of them (including 7) for $6 or $7.

Even III?

I thought the DS version was the only one of FF III that didn't come out in Japan.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-03-26 07:31:18

At 3/26/12 03:34 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: So guys, you think there is any chance of an enhanced port of FFV and FFVI like FFIV Complete collection on either psp or Vita?

I'm still waiting on a handheld remake for FFV. I'd ask for FFVI on 3DS but I feel that game deserves more than being remade on a handheld.

At 3/26/12 07:02 AM, Auz wrote:
At 3/24/12 05:12 PM, Bahamut wrote: I have never played FFII for more than an hour and I have no intentions to play it any further. Hated the levelling up system with a passion.
The thing about the Dawn of Souls version is that you at least didn't have decreases in your stats. Also, they took out this ridiculous INT/SOUL penalty on shields and weapons if I'm not mistaken, which is also good.

My other beef with FFII was how you could easily walk in a zone very early on the game that's full of monsters that will kill you with one hit. At least with other games they had monsters stronger to places where you could finally get access to.

Even III?

Nah, it's only that was released on PS1 at some point so FFI, II and IV-IX.

Anyway, for my recent Final Fantasy activities, I only defeated FFXIII for all the boss challenges a while ago and I'm not up to getting XIII-2 just yet. I'll wait until it's at a fairly good price before going ahead with it. I would replay one of my favourite titles like VII but right now there's other games that are due for another playthrough like Majora's Mask.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-03-27 05:24:09

At 3/26/12 07:31 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/26/12 03:34 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: So guys, you think there is any chance of an enhanced port of FFV and FFVI like FFIV Complete collection on either psp or Vita?

I'm still waiting on a handheld remake for FFV. I'd ask for FFVI on 3DS but I feel that game deserves more than being remade on a handheld.

Oh I agree, FFVI is my second favorite rpg game so I would love for it to garner more attention, I'm just being realistic.

My other beef with FFII was how you could easily walk in a zone very early on the game that's full of monsters that will kill you with one hit. At least with other games they had monsters stronger to places where you could finally get access to.

I agree, I think the game has so many things broken about it, due probably to the rush (I think the game came out only a year after the original) that it's almost unplayable. I have completed it though (Origins version) and I don't think I'll ever pick it up again. In fact i don't think I really replay FF games very much... FF V, VI, VII and IX are about the only ones I think I'd replay.

Even III?

Anyway, for my recent Final Fantasy activities, I only defeated FFXIII for all the boss challenges a while ago and I'm not up to getting XIII-2 just yet. I'll wait until it's at a fairly good price before going ahead with it. I would replay one of my favourite titles like VII but right now there's other games that are due for another playthrough like Majora's Mask.

IMHO $20 is too much for XIII-2. Majora's Mask on the other hand... fantastic game. My fourth favorite Zelda game.

(Not to get off topic but) What is everyone's favorite Zelda game? Personally my preference is as follows:
LttP=OoT>Skyward Sword>MM>TP>LoZ> no preference beyond this point.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-03-27 08:27:34

At 3/27/12 05:24 AM, FallenMartyr wrote:
At 3/26/12 07:31 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'm still waiting on a handheld remake for FFV. I'd ask for FFVI on 3DS but I feel that game deserves more than being remade on a handheld.
Oh I agree, FFVI is my second favorite rpg game so I would love for it to garner more attention, I'm just being realistic.

Providing they get the right designers, I can see FFVI being really good.

In fact i don't think I really replay FF games very much... FF V, VI, VII and IX are about the only ones I think I'd replay.

FFI I don't mind, even if there wasn't much meat to the plot. Still, the GBA remake gave me a lot of fun, particularly with the extra dungeons that borrow bosses from other games, particularly FFIII-VI.

IMHO $20 is too much for XIII-2.

Which is roughly £15 here. My best bet is giving it a year and see how the prices are then. There's plenty of other games to play in the meantime so I'm in no hurry.

(Not to get off topic but) What is everyone's favorite Zelda game? Personally my preference is as follows:

Thankfully we've got a Zelda club here which I admit I should at least post in sometime.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-03-27 16:44:26

At 3/26/12 07:31 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/26/12 07:02 AM, Auz wrote: The thing about the Dawn of Souls version is that you at least didn't have decreases in your stats. Also, they took out this ridiculous INT/SOUL penalty on shields and weapons if I'm not mistaken, which is also good.

I had that same problem with FFI. Not so much with FFII, but I was using a guide for this one so that kept me out of the danger zones.

I don't like to use guides, but I just hate to miss out on valuable items and Final Fantasy is a series where there's always a risk that you do if you don't pay attention (sadly). In hindsight though, I think it isn't necessary for this game.

Even III?

I thought so.

but right now there's other games that are due for another playthrough like Majora's Mask.

Now there's a game I love to replay. I've beaten it over 10 times already and I still like it every time I do.

At 3/27/12 05:24 AM, FallenMartyr wrote:
I agree, I think the game has so many things broken about it, due probably to the rush (I think the game came out only a year after the original) that it's almost unplayable.

Yeah, it seems like the game wasn't even tested properly. I mean, the Ultima spell is bugged, despite it being a big plot point in the game =/

I have completed it though (Origins version) and I don't think I'll ever pick it up again. In fact i don't think I really replay FF games very much... FF V, VI, VII and IX are about the only ones I think I'd replay.

I've replayed VII, VIII and IX a few times. Beaten IX again recently and right now I'm busy with a rerun through VIII.

Of all the ones before VII I think I and V are the ones that I'd mostly want to give a replay someday. Maybe VI as well, although it isn't as easy to pick up as the other two.

Something along the lines of:
Majora's Mask = Ocarina of Time > Twilight Princess > The Windwaker > The Minish Cap > Oracle of Ages

Although there isn't one that I hated. I kinda liked them all.

I haven't played the rest of the series (yet).

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-14 18:35:24

Does anyone own Crisis Core before FFVII, personally It is my favirote spin off involving FFVII and was the one story wise affected me the most even though from the start I knew Zack was going to kick the bucket when playing throughout the game I grew attached to the character(yeah I know weird it has never happened to me) and is the only real time I felt sorrow over a video characters death tbh as soon as I finished the game after a week non-stop playing all I could think about was the price of freedom, freedom is a recurring story element throughout the FFVII series yeah replay it and you will know what I mean and how the sacrifice of others can effect the men and women we are today(pretty deep for a video game but hey that is square enix for you) and even though you may not like the game you still understand what it symbolises hey look at me making a game sound like a Sion Sono(google him and after watch love exposer great film if you can get past the 4 hour length you know there was a 6 hour version but he has not released it) sorry for the long post but me and the game kinda grew a bond to each other don't know how but for the joy and emotion I experienced while playing it I rank it higher than ff 7, yeah I class a game as in how much I enjoyed playing it and how I feel about it I'm not IGN okay anyway a simple question turned in to this post but I have seen longer post's on this forum so just wondering later?

Final Fantasy Club

Tollo79

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-14 22:36:53

At 4/14/12 06:35 PM, Tollo79 wrote: Does anyone own Crisis Core before FFVII,

Crisis Core is easily the best thing Square has done this generation, which is sad. Hopefully VXIII is mind blowing.

Not to stray topic, but you guys should play Xenoblade if you haven't. Best Rpg since Lost Odyssey.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-15 06:41:10

At 4/14/12 10:36 PM, FallenMartyr wrote:
At 4/14/12 06:35 PM, Tollo79 wrote: Does anyone own Crisis Core before FFVII,
Crisis Core is easily the best thing Square has done this generation, which is sad. Hopefully VXIII is mind blowing.

Not to stray topic, but you guys should play Xenoblade if you haven't. Best Rpg since Lost Odyssey.

I agree it's my favirote and the one I had most fun playing you can pick it up for £5 which is hilarious and for a PSP game it is really long and the side-quests give so much info about ff7 like you know the bar tifa works in zack was the one who named it lol

Tollo79

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-17 03:47:37

Already got this shit preordered. Looks like it'll be fun and probably one of the best Final Fantasy(s)!

Who agrees?

Seriously at this point Mistwalker is the new Square.

Final Fantasy Club

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-17 08:03:52

At 4/17/12 03:47 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: Already got this shit preordered. Looks like it'll be fun and probably one of the best Final Fantasy(s)!
Who agrees?,Seriously at this point Mistwalker is the new Square.

Bro it's not a FF game it is a 2011 third-person action role-playing game with stealth and strategy elements, directed by Hironobu Sakaguchi and developed by Mistwalker and AQ Interactive for the Wii. It was published by Nintendo in Japan and Europe and will be published by Xseed Games in North America. The game's name and logo have been compared to the Final Fantasy series, which was created by Mistwalker's head, Hironobu Sakaguchi, who previously held the post of executive producer for the Final Fantasy series. It is already out and it only takes inspiration from FF :)

Final Fantasy Club

Tollo79

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-17 08:35:41

At 4/17/12 03:47 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: Already got this shit preordered. Looks like it'll be fun and probably one of the best Final Fantasy(s)!

Who agrees?

This and Xenoblade are what get me to dust off the Wii but right now, I'm stuck playing Zelda and have intentions to finally go through Twilight Princess. Maybe if I'm still focused on Wii games I'll get either of those games. From the cover artworks and such, I get that Final Fantasy vibe. Here's hoping these games meet their hypes.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-17 09:26:36

At 4/17/12 08:35 AM, Bahamut wrote:

Hey Bahamut we are both fans of Zelda they released a timeline a few months back in a book made official by Nintendo I went in to detail and described it here http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1261462
Can you check it out I need a second opion

Tollo79

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-17 17:08:54

Who agrees?

Seriously at this point Mistwalker is the new Square.

Eh, looks like a good third-person RPG, maybe I'll che-
DIRECTED BY HIRONOBU SAKAGUCHI
MUSIC BY NOBUO UEMATSU

I NEED A WII. NOW.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-18 09:02:02

At 4/17/12 05:08 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: Eh, looks like a good third-person RPG, maybe I'll che-
DIRECTED BY HIRONOBU SAKAGUCHI
MUSIC BY NOBUO UEMATSU
I NEED A WII. NOW.

I just wonder what I'm even waiting for but then I realise other games that I should at least beat. Hmm... I suppose I could make exceptions to these games.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-19 05:56:20

Who agrees?

Looks interesting.

Sadly I don't have a Wii, but I might buy a Wii U eventually and I think I'll put this on my shortlist of Wii games I want to check out.

At 4/17/12 10:58 AM, LaForge wrote: playing FFVII for the first time, enjoying it much more than i thought i would. is Aeris a guest in the first few hours, 'cause i can't change her guard stick out.

Not 100% sure, but I thought you could change her equipment at any point you want, provided you actually have something else to equip her with. If you can't yet then I'm sure you'll be able to soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-20 08:15:30

At 4/19/12 03:37 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 4/19/12 01:48 PM, Travis wrote: The first time you will be able to buy something for Aeris weapon wise will be in Wall Market in the Machine Gun shop. You can hold off on that and steal a full metal stick (I think that's what it is) from a rare enemy in the train graveyard and that will last up until you leave Junon.
unfortunately i'm already past the train graveyard and (spoiler alert)

Don't worry about missing out on the Full Metal Staff. I couldn't even be arsed to get it in my latest run as finding the enemy took too long.

At 4/20/12 01:41 AM, LaForge wrote: (spoiler ridden post for FFVII)

alright the plate has fallen on the on sector 7 and i returned to Aeris' house. i didn't know what to do for a while so i hit up a spoiler-free walkthrough and apparently the guy on the left in the weapons shop is supposed to sell me three batteries that allow me to progress through the game somehow... but he doesn't. he just says something to the effect of "it's loud out there, i wonder what's going on".

halp?

As Travis said, I think you first to trigger that scene by finding out why it's necessary.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-21 02:19:00

At 4/19/12 01:48 PM, Travis wrote:
So, is Final Fantasy Versus 13 ever going to come out? I mean shit, I just want a release date at this point.

I'm not trolling you or whatever (I'll post a link some other day when I have time confirming this) but it's slated for a Xmas release this year in Japan, we'll see it before summer of next year.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-21 03:08:13

Just thought I'd take a moment to share something interesting with you folks. It's no secret that my favorite songs from the series are Terras theme and Beatrix's theme. Gorgeous songs, truly. Well, I was browsing Youtube and found a version with lyrics, done particularly well in my opinion. Take a look if you'd like,

Also, let us discuss the best female character in the series, Beatrix.

Seriously the only other reasonable answer would be Faris. Gtfo people who say Lightning, she's just Squall all over again with a pinch of Cloud.

Final Fantasy Club

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-21 04:53:38

At this point I have little to no faith in Versus XIII coming out. If they can show some actual progress this year, maybe then I can believe it's still in the works.

At 4/20/12 03:38 AM, Austerity wrote: Play the original FFI on the NES.

Thankfully that game got some well made remakes. From the looks of the NES version, it's understandable why it was a success back then but it doesn't look like it's aged well.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-21 05:09:44

VXIII as well as Last Guardian will probably be the swan song for the PS3 ushering in the next Playstation.

I don't understand why people believe it will never be released. They've invested a shit ton of money into both products and neither company has cancelled such big projects before. Granted, their development cycle has been very rough but we'll see both in a years time.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-21 05:35:49

At 4/20/12 03:38 AM, Austerity wrote:

Play the original FFI on the NES. Good chance you'll die in the first battle against a few goblins. It doesn't even have auto-target, so if you instruct your party to attack one monster and it dies then all the other characters will attack the empty spot where the monster was and miss. It would still be very difficult regardless.

Yep I remember that on the original NES version, lucky that the PSP anniversary edition was a lot more balanced in combat.

Tollo79

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-04-24 07:38:42

At 4/21/12 05:09 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: I don't understand why people believe it will never be released. They've invested a shit ton of money into both products and neither company has cancelled such big projects before. Granted, their development cycle has been very rough but we'll see both in a years time.

The way things are going, we're far from close to seeing Versus XIII done. If Square at least showed better management for their company, maybe we could see better progress with these games. I don't know Kingdom Hearts that much but apparently the third game won't even see real development until Versus XIII is finished. That doesn't really bode well for the consumers.