00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ZombieGhost just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

960,342 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-18 19:35:58

At 6/18/09 07:33 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I never used holy wars on Ultimecia/Greiver. They weren't that strong to be honest.

I just used Zell and Selphie, and had Selphie constantly using her limit break to cast Auras, and heal the other party members.

I remember doing that specifically because everyone who played the game told me not to use Selphie because she's terrible.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-18 20:15:57

Cycling through Selphie's limit is just going to be time consuming, and in that time you're still going to be attacked.
The fight is easy as long as someone is always ready with a megaelixer or something.
Plus Squall + Aura + Lionheart will fuck them up quickly.

But if you've levelled up enough and junctioned wisely you don't even need limit breaks. High strength and speed is all you really need.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-19 05:55:07

At 6/18/09 08:15 PM, Nev wrote: Cycling through Selphie's limit is just going to be time consuming, and in that time you're still going to be attacked.

I think Selphie's limit was pretty bad. It was only useful if you could get some of the rare ones like Aura or wall. But you could spend a long time waiting to get those, and if you're in a tough battle, it's time you don't want to waste.

Quistis had a pretty shit limit too. It was hard enough to get all the enemy skills, then most of them were pretty weak, and by the end of the game you could do just as much damage with a normal attack.

Zell had an awesome limit, and once you knew what was going to come next you could get the button order in split seconds. I could drag a 15 second time limit for about 2 minutes XD

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-19 10:15:08

I never really liked the limit break system in FFVIII. You HAD to have your HP on critical in order to use it, but even then it's not certain you're able to use your limit break as it's random. The limit break system in FFVII is far superior.

At 6/18/09 03:04 PM, Nev wrote: Tetra Master was inferior, but thats why I want to master it.

By master, I sure as hell hope you don't mean getting the highest rank possible. That's another thing I hated about the card game - The ranking system. I believe you had to have nine arrows on EVERY card and upgrade them to the max.

At 6/18/09 06:52 PM, Aigis wrote: Also, as far as I could tell, Tetra Master had no benefit to the game.

Again, my memory might not be so good, but I can't recall the game having any real benefits to the game, except for maybe the tournament which you had to enter.

At 6/18/09 07:33 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 6/18/09 03:04 PM, Nev wrote: Tetra Master was inferior, but thats why I want to master it.
Triple Triad is just too easy for me now.
It wasn't so easy when you had to play someone with the random card rule and you get 5 shitty cards >:(

The true pain of the random rule. Good thing you can get it abolished if you play in the right regions and save before playing in another. The last thing I wanted is having these rules spreading around everywhere like a disease.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-19 15:24:39

The random rule is a lot harder when you try to have one of every card.
If you don't care you can just refine all the shitty ones away. And as long as you have a decent collection of level 6 upwards you'll do fine.

Its an easy game. I've started to relish losing cards because it means I'll actually get a bit of stress trying to get them back. It beats the monotony of just winning every game.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-19 15:43:37

For the last battle against Greiver and Ultimecia I used Irvine, Squall and Zell. I had Irvine heal with recover and revive and had Zell and Squall do their limit breaks.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-22 00:15:41

Final Fantasy is amazing. Thank you Japan for inventing this series!

=]

Final Fantasy Club

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-27 19:22:05

At 6/19/09 03:43 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: For the last battle against Greiver and Ultimecia I used Irvine, Squall and Zell. I had Irvine heal with recover and revive and had Zell and Squall do their limit breaks.

Demolition ammo PEW PEW

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-07-02 19:33:46

At 6/27/09 07:22 PM, EvilJesus wrote: Demolition ammo PEW PEW

Squalls and Zells limits were the best. Rinoa's was ok if she would ever do her ultimate one. I can't even remember what it's called it's been so long. Something wish or other. A quick google would refresh the memory, but i know one of you guys will remind me....

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-07-03 07:34:38

I love final fantasy games. My favorite is probably X-2 for PS2.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-07-04 15:25:23

At 7/2/09 07:33 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Squalls and Zells limits were the best. Rinoa's was ok if she would ever do her ultimate one. I can't even remember what it's called it's been so long. Something wish or other. A quick google would refresh the memory, but i know one of you guys will remind me....

Invincible Moon? Basically a free Holy War. Thats great :).

To be honest I just picked my party based on how I liked the characters. Which meant either Zell or Quistis were ignored. Rinoa was a staple as I have a weird thing where I feel the main guy has to be in the same party as the main girl... romance, like :P.

In terms of limits I could hardly care. Lionheart is good enough to make all others obsolete.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-07-08 16:19:40

At 7/4/09 03:25 PM, Nev wrote: Invincible Moon? Basically a free Holy War. Thats great :).

When she did use it though which was hardly ever and we all know the GF Doom Train was just pretty damn epic.

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-07-09 04:04:08

At 7/8/09 04:19 PM, EvilJesus wrote: When she did use it though which was hardly ever and we all know the GF Doom Train was just pretty damn epic.

Yeah, Odin, when he actually showed up was awesome too. Odin>Gilgamesh in FFVIII.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-07-09 16:21:59

At 7/9/09 04:04 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Yeah, Odin, when he actually showed up was awesome too. Odin>Gilgamesh in FFVIII.

Wait WHAT!?
Gilgamesh was in FFVIII?

Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-07-09 18:57:14

At 7/9/09 04:21 PM, EvilJesus wrote: Wait WHAT!?
Gilgamesh was in FFVIII?

Yes, yes he was. You had to get Odin before a certina point in a game, then in one battle against Seifer, Odin will come but Seifer beats him if i remember correctly, then instead of having Odin, you will have Gilgamesh.

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-07-10 02:44:54

At 7/9/09 06:57 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 7/9/09 04:21 PM, EvilJesus wrote: Wait WHAT!?
Gilgamesh was in FFVIII?
Yes, yes he was. You had to get Odin before a certina point in a game

The final battle of the third disk.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-07-10 08:45:14

At 7/9/09 06:57 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Yes, yes he was. You had to get Odin before a certina point in a game, then in one battle against Seifer, Odin will come but Seifer beats him if i remember correctly, then instead of having Odin, you will have Gilgamesh.

Too bad Gilgamesh was a poor GF in FFVIII. He had four different attacks and one of them was the lame Excalipoor (I think that was the name and the 1 HP damage move). That's why I never wanted to get Odin before disc 4, but I don't like what happens in the last disc of FFVIII.

His appearances in FFV and XII were much better than his appearance in FFVIII. I'll probably get shit for saying the latter but come on, his voice acting is done by John DiMaggio. Plus, he was a challenge in that game.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-07-11 01:13:13

Oh shit yall I'm playing FFX again. My Wakka kicks all ass.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-07-11 06:32:23

At 7/10/09 08:45 AM, Bahamut wrote: Too bad Gilgamesh was a poor GF in FFVIII. He had four different attacks and one of them was the lame Excalipoor (I think that was the name and the 1 HP damage move). That's why I never wanted to get Odin before disc 4, but I don't like what happens in the last disc of FFVIII.

Yeah, Odin would do Zantetsuken every time and always kill the enemy, but Gilgemesh had like 4 different attacks, one of them being that stupid 1HP attack you mentioned. That's Squares humor for you :P

His appearances in FFV and XII were much better than his appearance in FFVIII. I'll probably get shit for saying the latter but come on, his voice acting is done by John DiMaggio. Plus, he was a challenge in that game.

I agree. I actually liked fighting him in FFXII. PLUS you could steal all his cool genji shit :D

At 7/11/09 01:13 AM, Mojimbo wrote: Oh shit yall I'm playing FFX again. My Wakka kicks all ass.

Woah, ain't seen you in years. FFX was a great game. I keep saying it, but i have to play through again too. And Wakka is badass!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-07-11 07:14:05

At 7/2/09 07:33 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Rinoa's was ok if she would ever do her ultimate one. I can't even remember what it's called it's been so long. Something wish or other. A quick google would refresh the memory, but i know one of you guys will remind me....

Wishing star.

Rinoa's alternate limit break, Angel Wing, was potentially amazing.

I beat Omega Weapon just by using Rinoa with the other two throwing out holy wars whenever possible (I only needed three, I believe).

The trick is to remove all magic on Rinoa other than Meteor (?), cast haste and aura on Rinoa at the start of the battle and put her on Angel Wing. She'll be doing around 50,000 damage every three seconds.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-08-14 08:09:14

So how long do we have to wait for Dissidia?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-08-14 08:19:51

At 8/14/09 08:09 AM, Life-Stream wrote: So how long do we have to wait for Dissidia?

Holy shit, the game's still not out yet? I thought it was out by now but it seems it won't be until another month. However, still no PSP = No real interest for the time being but I sure as hell hope Square hired Mark Hamill to do the voice for Kefka. That would be awesome!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-08-14 08:28:35

At 8/14/09 08:19 AM, Bahamut wrote: Holy shit, the game's still not out yet?

I think Japan have had it for quite a while now. Unfair :(

I thought it was out by now but it seems it won't be until another month. However, still no PSP = No real interest for the time being but I sure as hell hope Square hired Mark Hamill to do the voice for Kefka. That would be awesome!

I'll have to borrow my brothers PSP again, but this is one game i'd really like to play!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-08-27 06:09:24

Wasted my cash and got a PSP and Dissidia. Well, not wasted as that game is FUCKING METAL!!! Oh, and no Mrk Hamill as Kefka. Not complaining as the guy they got for him is actually good.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-08-27 07:30:21

At 8/27/09 06:09 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Wasted my cash and got a PSP and Dissidia. Well, not wasted as that game is FUCKING METAL!!! Oh, and no Mrk Hamill as Kefka. Not complaining as the guy they got for him is actually good.

I played a bit of that game in Japanese a while back.

I couldn't work out the controls, and I kept getting my arse handed to me in versus mode.

However, flying around the arena on those light lines was a great lot of fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-08-27 07:59:46

At 8/27/09 06:09 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Wasted my cash and got a PSP and Dissidia. Well, not wasted as that game is FUCKING METAL!!! Oh, and no Mrk Hamill as Kefka. Not complaining as the guy they got for him is actually good.

Is that game out in Europe yet? I'd like to get it, but i hear no news of it :(

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-09-23 17:16:01

At 9/23/09 05:14 PM, Xtesh wrote:
By the way, LS, I went to London a while back. Great place.

Pfft, he betrayed England for Spain, sod him!

And London's for nancies, it's all about the North mate :).

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-09-23 17:54:03

I rally wanna join this club i love Final fantasy :D

"I'm The one and only Presit!"

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-09-23 18:54:15

At 9/23/09 05:16 PM, Nev wrote: Pfft, he betrayed England for Spain, sod him!

I didn't betray England.....i just took a holiday from it......for 8 years XD Maybe i'll return one day.

And London's for nancies, it's all about the North mate :).

Yeah, the north, where you can barely understand what they're saying.

At 9/23/09 06:38 PM, Xtesh wrote: I wanted to stay in the UK, where everybody speaks English. Everybody else said "Wah, most influential cities in the last 600 years of Western history (Rome and Paris. Apparently, London has never done anything ever).

It has shit loads to see and visit though, as i'm sure you know.

Anyway, back to the FF, is there like any new trailers or footage of FF XIII?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-09-23 19:01:48

At 9/23/09 06:54 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Yeah, the north, where you can barely understand what they're saying.

But at least we don't stab you :).

BBS Signature