00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RestiveTrooper5153 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

951,577 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 19:36:46

At 6/18/05 12:28 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
At 6/17/05 09:15 PM, ReconRebel wrote: Some materia will cancel or supersede other materia when linked together.
I will try and throw in a few options you havent thought of later. I just need to get my FFVII thinking cap on.

I was messing around at the Speed Square last night (trying to get the Flayer, still) when RavenGage's post gave me an idea. Why not start the fight with each character's limit break meter almost full. It would take a bit of tweaking but if you could have each character cut loose with their limit break near the end of the fight it might get you a faster time.

I give Barret the Missing Score and equip the Underwater materia to it with roughly 2,100,000 AP (this materia has no limit on it's AP).
Ah, i see. Now about this underwater materia, why have you let its AP build up to such an extent? Are you going to sell it later?

I thought I mentioned this before but no worries. Barret's ultimate weapon the Missing Score does damage based on the total amount of AP on equipped materia. So instead of having 4 mastered KotR (and risk extra damage from Emerald's Air Tam Stomp), I have just the one. Hell SCD, he "morphs" enemies at 9,999 damage.

Far out. I didn't know that. How many Enemy Skill materia did you find? I must have found at least 10 of them. Shit... they were popping up all over the place near the end!
10, god damn, i only have 4, 1 mastered, one without the zombie dragon enemy skill and the other two are shitty.

I only have one mastered myself. I was going for 2 but decided to get rid of the rest when I saw how plentiful they were.

Yeah it's Aqualung. That's how I quickly fill Cloud's limit break meter when I want to tackle Emerald.
Wait what? I dont understand that sentence. You use aqualung to get clouds limit break up? Im confuddled.

When I'm in the crashed Gelnika collecting sources I need at least one character without a full limit break meter so I can attack normally on the first turn then morph the enemy on the second. Now with this new Emerald strategy I'm gonna have to use their limit breaks and then get their meters back up to about 80% to 85%.

FFVIII is my favorite game in the series. I'm currently maxing out the character's stats with the Devour ability.
Hahaha. I love the music that plays and the message it shows when you devour an enemy, its quite ridiculous.

The sound effects when the monster is being devoured is pretty cool too!

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 21:03:03

10 enemy skill materia?!!! I'm sure there are only four in the game:

1-Where you get Red XIII
2-Chocobo Sage's house
3-City of the Ancients
4-My mind is blank, but this is one of the ones i've got.

And I've got 3, all mastered. A 4th one looks tacky. Since you can only have 3 members in your party.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 22:27:53

At 6/18/05 09:03 PM, GibSG wrote: 10 enemy skill materia?!!! I'm sure there are only four in the game.

I beg to differ GibSG. I can't recall all the places I found them but believe me they're not as rare as other materia in the game. At least not like the W-Summon materia.

Here's six places I can remember finding the Enemy Skill materia.

1.) Somewhere in the Midgar sewers
2.) Shinra building on the 68th floor
3.) Junon at the Beginner's Hall
4.) City of Ancients in the rest room
5.) Chocobo Sage's house
6.) Chocobo farm near corner of fence

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-19 03:01:50

I'm in shock there's ten, but if Recon says it, it must be true. Personally, though, I've only found 4 total ever. Not sure how many I ever mastered or anything.

Not sure if I mentioned this in here a while back, but I had a memory card solely for FFVII save data, and it got corrupted. Lost everything. I started over and got to Wutai, but just didn't have the heart to go on, so I took a break. Then other awesome games came out and occupied my time, so here we are.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-19 03:22:32

At 6/19/05 03:01 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: I'm in shock there's ten, but if Recon says it, it must be true. Personally, though, I've only found 4 total ever.

Yikes!! Don't put me on the spot like that Pure. There has to be an official FFVII hint manual out there somewhere. In any case I've listed at least six locations they can be found, the easiest access being the chocobo farm. I'm wondering if some of them can only be found after tripping a certain part of the storyline. Programmers love pulling that crap. If anyone finds the official count I'd like to know out of curiosity.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-19 04:21:16

At 6/19/05 03:22 AM, ReconRebel wrote:
Yikes!! Don't put me on the spot like that Pure. There has to be an official FFVII hint manual out there somewhere. In any case I've listed at least six locations they can be found, the easiest access being the chocobo farm. I'm wondering if some of them can only be found after tripping a certain part of the storyline. Programmers love pulling that crap. If anyone finds the official count I'd like to know out of curiosity.

you know, wenever i need help with FFVII, i go here:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_vii_k.txt

it's actuly fun to read. =P

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-19 05:22:29

At 6/18/05 10:27 PM, ReconRebel wrote: Here's six places I can remember finding the Enemy Skill materia.

I don't see much point having that much Enemy Skill materias to find in the game since there's a chance you'll probably be able to master it only twice. Meh, that's just me, but still, I'm fine with the one I get after defeating the boss where Red XIII first appears.

At 6/19/05 04:21 AM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: you know, wenever i need help with FFVII, i go here:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_vii_k.txt

Very true. I always use GameFAQs to get help on games I'm completely stuck on. However, I do have some strategy guides for FFX and FFX-2.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-19 09:51:54

At 6/18/05 07:36 PM, ReconRebel wrote:
I was messing around at the Speed Square last night (trying to get the Flayer, still) when RavenGage's post gave me an idea. Why not start the fight with each character's limit break meter almost full. It would take a bit of tweaking but if you could have each character cut loose with their limit break near the end of the fight it might get you a faster time.

Indeed, thats a clever idea yeah. Damn, that flayer is a pain in the arse, the most points ive got where 4660 and i thought the required level was 3000, lol. a Tip for speed square, theres three things you really should target on the track, the big yellow boulder on the canyon wall, 200 points, the spotlight (tricky wee fucker) is also 200 points and obviously the big ufo for the grand prize. I hope you get it soon.
I never got Aeris Umbrella weapon either >:(

I thought I mentioned this before but no worries. Barret's ultimate weapon the Missing Score does damage based on the total amount of AP on equipped materia. So instead of having 4 mastered KotR (and risk extra damage from Emerald's Air Tam Stomp), I have just the one. Hell SCD, he "morphs" enemies at 9,999 damage.

Saweeeet, yeah you told me that before, man, i should have had mine equiped all the time, it could be fucking awsome by now, buh. Oh well, i still have another master summons to make before i kill ruby and finish the game, hopefully it will be quite high by the end.

When I'm in the crashed Gelnika collecting sources I need at least one character without a full limit break meter so I can attack normally on the first turn then morph the enemy on the second. Now with this new Emerald strategy I'm gonna have to use their limit breaks and then get their meters back up to about 80% to 85%.

Ah, understood, i think.

The sound effects when the monster is being devoured is pretty cool too!

Now i dont know if its my version or what, but i cant recall the devour noises, just a picture of flowers or something and shitty music. Meh, i'll check later.

At 6/18/05 10:27 PM, ReconRebel wrote:
Here's six places I can remember finding the Enemy Skill materia.

No offense Recon, but i think youre confusing other materia, with the enemy skill one.

Dunno this one, but i think youre confusing it with the steal materia.

When you fight the poison monster and Red joins your party :D

Yeah i remember this one.

I think this could be the morph materia and not the enemy skill one.

5.) Chocobo Sage's house

and i think this is the chocobo lure materia, meh, not totally sure though.

Im not 100% sure though, and im pretty sure your adamant youre correct, but i thought id throw in something anyway.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-19 12:48:03

At 6/18/05 12:28 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: No sir, YOU, are wrong, so very very wrong. It is unlimited, aslong as you have mastered all the materia in that criteria, i promise im right, on my current FFVII saved game, i have 8 master materia altogether, so you cant tell me im wrong, when i know im right, sorry Inny.

Hmm... I'm assuming you have the Euro version, because I have tried that, and it never worked for me, not once, not ever. So it's either that, or a glitch.

At 6/18/05 06:57 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote:
At 6/18/05 02:19 PM, MasterStalker wrote: does any one in here have a fail proof strategy for killing emerald weapon? Its really starting to piss me of. Oh, and Bahamut7, could you take a screen shot of my 1000th post and post it i the review crew?
Best stradegy is havinga max KOTR materia, 2 or 3 mime materia, and the Pheonix summon combined with final spell materia.

I always had Cloud summon KOTR, Cid would mime it, and Red XIII would use a megaexlixer, and I killed him pretty fast.

==

Funny thing, I've only ran accross one copy of an FFVII strategy guide in my life time. I've never seen another one since. I bought it, but I have no clue where I put it, or if I loaned it to a friend, or where it snuck off to.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-19 13:01:56

At 6/19/05 09:51 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: No offense Recon, but i think youre confusing other materia, with the enemy skill one.

I think that too.

Dunno this one, but i think youre confusing it with the steal materia.

Yeah thats steal.

When you fight the poison monster and Red joins your party :D

Yep thats enemy skill.

Yeah i remember this one.

That was the other one I couldn't remember. The 3rd I got, 4th I know about.

I think this could be the morph materia and not the enemy skill one.

Nah its enemy skill. You get the morph in the Temple of the Ancients after you see Sephirth kill Tseng.

5.) Chocobo Sage's house

Yep.

and i think this is the chocobo lure materia, meh, not totally sure though.

Its the Chocobo/Mog materia.

There are only 4 in the game. :P The others are probably Manipulate being confused with Enemy Skill (Unless the USA version is different to the Europe version).

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-19 14:35:52

At 6/19/05 12:48 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:
Hmm... I'm assuming you have the Euro version, because I have tried that, and it never worked for me, not once, not ever. So it's either that, or a glitch.

Hmmm, thats just fucking wack, i think youre wrong AGAIN, lol. Recon has 3 master command materia, if iam correct, i think he mentioned it in his post. So therefore, we cant have both a european and an american copy of FFVII glitching can we? :D

Funny thing, I've only ran accross one copy of an FFVII strategy guide in my life time. I've never seen another one since. I bought it, but I have no clue where I put it, or if I loaned it to a friend, or where it snuck off to.

Hahaha, check the state of mine (below) Ive had it for 2 years i think, its been swapped among my friends like a free giveaway at a brothel.

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-19 20:53:22

At 6/19/05 09:51 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
At 6/18/05 10:27 PM, ReconRebel wrote: Here's six places I can remember finding the Enemy Skill materia.
No offense Recon, but i think youre confusing other materia, with the enemy skill one.

Yeah, I kinda noticed that after reading all the recent posts. By the way, nice FFVII hint book SCD. It looks like it's seen some action. Is it true you can dig up items you may have missed in Bone Village? Thanks to everyone who set the record straight for me on the enemy skill materia. I really thought there was a lot more in the game. That's what comes from playing video games while under the influence of mind altering substances (and raspberry cider). I was obviously wrong in my statement and I formally apologize to everyone here. Enough already, someone set me up with a big plate of crow to eat :-(

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-20 11:20:59

At 6/19/05 02:35 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Hahaha, check the state of mine (below) Ive had it for 2 years i think, its been swapped among my friends like a free giveaway at a brothel.

Damn, the condition of that guide is nasty. :S Me and my sister have tried very hard to keep the guides we have in good condition, although I have wrecked the FFX guide a bit. :S

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-20 11:22:33

I had the FFVIII guide, although he disappeared. I was in a drawer in my bed and its completely just vanished.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-20 11:24:00

Yesterday I got the Golden chocobo yay soo I got all the secret materlia I new hp mp convert
KOTAR and mime so I fought Emrald I was owned.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-20 11:39:53

At 6/19/05 08:53 PM, EatingCrow wrote:
Yeah, I kinda noticed that after reading all the recent posts. By the way, nice FFVII hint book SCD. It looks like it's seen some action. Is it true you can dig up items you may have missed in Bone Village?

You can dig up some shit yes, like the buntline and the mop, but on disc three you can buy them anyway, so theres really no point, unless your a skinflint and dont wanna waste some of the millions of gil im sure you have now. On a side note, i have 9 mastered all materia im gonna sell, just for fun, ima see how much i can get and keep going. I wonder if anyones ever had all 9's in gil :D Surely a first.

Thanks to everyone who set the record straight for me on the enemy skill materia. I really thought there was a lot more in the game. That's what comes from playing video games while under the influence of mind altering substances (and raspberry cider). I was obviously wrong in my statement and I formally apologize to everyone here. Enough already, someone set me up with a big plate of crow to eat :-(

Still cant find that fucking raspberry cider here, ive been hunting for months, ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR. Meh, everyone makes mistakes, i wouldnt worry about it. That new name bothers me very much, why change it?

At 6/20/05 11:20 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
Damn, the condition of that guide is nasty. :S Me and my sister have tried very hard to keep the guides we have in good condition, although I have wrecked the FFX guide a bit. :S

Hehe, i have the FFVIII, X V VI books aswell, none are as near tattered as my FFVII book, although, the FFVIII book has lost alot of pages, including the secrets pages, DAMMIT.

At 6/20/05 11:24 AM, secret_toad wrote: Yesterday I got the Golden chocobo yay soo I got all the secret materlia I new hp mp convert
KOTAR and mime so I fought Emrald I was owned.

Nice chocobo :D What did you name it? Just because you have got all the big powerfull materia, doesnt mean you will beat weapon straight away, infact, its the opposite, you need your guys trained to the max, some very powerful other materia, like 4xCut, Final attack+revive and stuff, just keep levelling up your characters and materia and you will get there eventually :D

On a side note again. What do you guys name your Chocobo's? I tend to name mine after alcohol :D My black Chocobo is named Whisky, after Lightning Jack Flash's horse (Great film, you should rent it), ive also had a Vodka Lager b33r and Cider Chocobo, strange aswell, ive also had a chocobo named after BonusStage another user here, i dont know why though :S

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-20 11:45:06

At 6/20/05 11:39 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: On a side note again. What do you guys name your Chocobo's? I tend to name mine after alcohol :D My black Chocobo is named Whisky, after Lightning Jack Flash's horse (Great film, you should rent it), ive also had a Vodka Lager b33r and Cider Chocobo, strange aswell, ive also had a chocobo named after BonusStage another user here, i dont know why though :S

I normally name them after a friend. Or just give it a boring name like Choco.

On the game I'm currently playing I'm gonna name it Cookie, since its my best friends nickname.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-20 12:21:27

Random names like dude lady AND DIB

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-20 12:51:37

At 6/19/05 02:35 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Hmmm, thats just fucking wack, i think youre wrong AGAIN, lol. Recon has 3 master command materia, if iam correct, i think he mentioned it in his post. So therefore, we cant have both a european and an american copy of FFVII glitching can we? :D

rofl I guess not. Maybe mine is just fucked or something. : /

Hahaha, check the state of mine (below) Ive had it for 2 years i think, its been swapped among my friends like a free giveaway at a brothel.

HAHA! It's in horrible shape, but you have it none the less.

At 6/19/05 08:53 PM, EatingCrow wrote: Enough already, someone set me up with a big plate of crow to eat :-(

rofl So that means your original alias is free? :D

At 6/20/05 11:22 AM, GibSG wrote: I had the FFVIII guide, although he disappeared. I was in a drawer in my bed and its completely just vanished.

That sucks. I had 8s as well, but I traded it off for about $20. Funny thing is, I bought VIII the game and the guide for only $5 total. :)

I never had IXs, but I've read it. Tatctics is the one I'm trying to find. It's damn near impossible to find a copy of it now. :/ And ofcourse I do have Xs guide, and plan on buying X-2s later on in the year when it's cheaper.

At 6/20/05 12:21 PM, secret_toad wrote: Random names like dude lady AND DIB

lol I usually name them after friends of mine. That way I can joke about riding them :P

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-20 12:59:36

At 6/20/05 12:51 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: Guess not. Maybe mine is just fucked or something. : /

Maybe you missed one of the materia's (sold one, didn't master etc, the second time you tried).

That sucks. I had 8s as well, but I traded it off for about $20. Funny thing is, I bought VIII the game and the guide for only $5 total. :)

I think the guide cost about £17. But I got the game for free off a mate. Mine broke so he gave me his. Actually in my entire life I think I've owned 3 FFVIII's. I didn't look after my games back then. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-20 15:00:36

At 6/20/05 11:39 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: On a side note again. What do you guys name your Chocobo's?

I name mine random letters and numbers EX. My best gold chocobo is named Z321 or somethin like that

At 6/20/05 11:39 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
I wonder if anyones ever had all 9's in gil :D Surely a first.

I have! After About 500-700 hours of mastering alls in the northern crater, I did it! Not only alls, I also sold a few W-Summon and W-Items, and a couple Bahamut ZEROS

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-20 16:01:36

At 6/20/05 11:39 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: I wonder if anyones ever had all 9's in gil :D Surely a first.

Yup. It glitches out and gives you symbols and whatnot.

On a side note again. What do you guys name your Chocobo's? I tend to name mine after alcohol :D My black Chocobo is named Whisky, after Lightning Jack Flash's horse (Great film, you should rent it), ive also had a Vodka Lager b33r and Cider Chocobo, strange aswell, ive also had a chocobo named after BonusStage another user here, i dont know why though :S

Let's see, in my passed games, they've been named Legend, Legacy, LionHeart, Saiyan(Not a word! >:-( ), etc. Stuff like that.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-20 21:41:50

At 6/20/05 12:51 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: I never had IXs, but I've read it. Tatctics is the one I'm trying to find. It's damn near impossible to find a copy of it now. :/ And ofcourse I do have Xs guide, and plan on buying X-2s later on in the year when it's cheaper.

I just found a FF7 guide new for $10 and a FF8 guide for $10. But more importantly, I found a tactics guide! If youre willing to buy online amazon has FF Tactics guides

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 05:59:35

Man I think you guys lied to me.
I was in North crader for like an 2 hours and I saw no pot thing.
Then I had to start over cause I didnt want to fight Sephiroth.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 08:01:41

At 6/21/05 05:59 AM, secret_toad wrote: Man I think you guys lied to me.
I was in North crader for like an 2 hours and I saw no pot thing.
Then I had to start over cause I didnt want to fight Sephiroth.

Where exactly in the North Crater were you? You have to go pretty far down to the marshy, swampy area. That's the only place they show up. If it's your first time, split up our party however and meet up with at the end, without going down. Then backtrack and start your training.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 11:12:20

At 6/20/05 11:39 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Hehe, i have the FFVIII, X V VI books aswell, none are as near tattered as my FFVII book, although, the FFVIII book has lost alot of pages, including the secrets pages, DAMMIT.

Oh yes, I have seen the FFV and VI guides in the shop somewhere. Didn't buy it. And about losing pages in the FFVIII book? Nasty. :S I guess you won't know how to get to Omega Weapon unless you went onto a game site such as GameFAQs.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 11:50:50

Am I the only one who hasn't been playinga FF game lately? lol

Just wodnering

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 11:54:08

At 6/21/05 11:50 AM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: Am I the only one who hasn't been playinga FF game lately? lol

You're not. I havn't played any FF games lately. :S Last time I played a FF game was when I tried playing on FFVI with the fucked up Playstation. It's been a while now, but I don't expect to play any FF games very soon with my birthday coming up and plans on getting certain games that aren't Final Fantasy. :S

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 11:57:34

At 6/21/05 11:12 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
Oh yes, I have seen the FFV and VI guides in the shop somewhere. Didn't buy it. And about losing pages in the FFVIII book? Nasty. :S I guess you won't know how to get to Omega Weapon unless you went onto a game site such as GameFAQs.

Nah, ive completed FFVIII about 4 times now, so i pretty much know everything in the game, not showing off or anything but its TRUE, AND IM TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME :D

Omega weapon was too easy for me the last time, i think it was 6 renzokukens from Squall and he was wasted. I dunno why, but i think Ruby Dragons ar harder, i fucking hate those things.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 12:25:00

I'm have FFVII on as I write this. I've been morphing enemies for speed and luck sources and I'm currently taking a break.

I plan to play each game >VII and do as much as a possibly can. So keep me entertained for a few months......or years!

BBS Signature