00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AkiniM just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

956,576 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 11:45:27

At 7/15/07 10:39 AM, Nev wrote: i corl seferroth!!!!!

Lol.
Ok, since this noob just stomped in here with his random 3 word sentence, i´ll ask - who would you guys be if you could be a FF character?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 14:08:16

At 7/15/07 11:45 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Ok, since this noob just stomped in here with his random 3 word sentence, i´ll ask - who would you guys be if you could be a FF character?

Sadly, whoever claims their roles as major or main characters without original claims are the real run-of-the-mill NPCs.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 14:33:59

At 7/15/07 10:39 AM, Nev wrote: i corl seferroth!!!!!

That post gave me a good laugh. Thanks for that. XD

Ok, since this noob just stomped in here with his random 3 word sentence, i´ll ask - who would you guys be if you could be a FF character?

Hmm, I would be Cid Highwind. The reason I choose him is because he is an Air Pilot who can be cocky at times and can be quite mysterious.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 15:36:12

At 7/15/07 02:33 PM, Seamonky wrote:
Hmm, I would be Cid Highwind. The reason I choose him is because he is an Air Pilot who can be cocky at times and can be quite mysterious.

Cid kicks ass. He´d be good, just cos he´s badass and swears in the ending XD

I think everyone has their good reasons to choose....e.g.
Cloud - He could have Tifa so easy :D
Red XIII - To see whats it´s like living as a dog, but still being able to speak.
Vincent - He´s immortal.
Barret - Do you think anyone would mess with you with that bigass gun arm, let alone the size of him.
Any of the girls - What would you do if you were in the body of one of these fine babes? XD

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 16:25:53

At 7/15/07 03:36 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I think everyone has their good reasons to choose....e.g.

If we're only doing FFVII, then I choose a generic Shinra soldier.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 16:32:02

At 7/15/07 04:25 PM, Nev wrote: If we're only doing FFVII, then I choose a generic Shinra soldier.

Yeah, your really original Nev. XD

Any of the girls - What would you do if you were in the body of one of these fine babes? XD

If I had my guy mind and I was in a FF7 babes body, who knows what the fuck I'll do to the body. Hahaha! XD

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 17:45:19

At 7/15/07 04:32 PM, Seamonky wrote:
If I had my guy mind and I was in a FF7 babes body, who knows what the fuck I'll do to the body. Hahaha! XD

Who knows you say? I think we ll pretty much know what you or the next guy would do, lol. Ofcourse, if we had our guy minds, like you say.

And Nev, if you were a ShinRa soldier you´d probably just be wiped out in a slash by Cloud somewhere along the way XD

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 17:52:59

At 7/15/07 05:45 PM, Life-Stream wrote: And Nev, if you were a ShinRa soldier you´d probably just be wiped out in a slash by Cloud somewhere along the way XD

In fact, in terms of abilities I'd technically be just a proficiently as Cloud :P.
OWNED!

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 17:55:49

But even though Cloud was at first just a regular soldier aswell, he was just as strong as those in SOLDIER, and throught the game story, even stronger, and those little ShinRa guys in the blue suits, or the slightly stronger ones in red are weak as fuck.

So to be just as strong as ol´ cloudo you´d have to be in SOLDIER. no?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 18:07:20

At 7/15/07 05:55 PM, Life-Stream wrote: But even though Cloud was at first just a regular soldier aswell, he was just as strong as those in SOLDIER

Cloud was a failed experiment.
So he wasn't.

The only reason Cloud can beat people like that is cause it'd be a pretty short lived game if the main protagonist couldn't tackle the easiest of enemies :P.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 18:19:43

At 7/15/07 06:07 PM, Nev wrote:
Cloud was a failed experiment.
So he wasn't.

The only reason Cloud can beat people like that is cause it'd be a pretty short lived game if the main protagonist couldn't tackle the easiest of enemies :P.

Haha, ok, obviously it would be, but just because he´s a failed experiment, does not mean he´s not strong or anything. For a failed experiment to kill the best SOLDIER Sephiroth, and save the world, he doesn´t seem much like a failure, does he.
I think Hojos experiments on him probably made him stronger, what with the Mako and all, BUT he was very strong even before. If you remember well, he threw Sephiroth into the lifestream after Sephiroth rammed his Masumane through his shoulder.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 18:41:28

I would be the Red Mage from the original Final Fantasy, 8-bit Pwns all!!!!!!!!!

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 18:46:59

At 7/15/07 11:45 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Ok, since this noob just stomped in here with his random 3 word sentence, i´ll ask - who would you guys be if you could be a FF character?

I would be Ravel, a custom character of mine from Final Fantasy Tactics. I would have to say this since he was a beast in the game and could even take down the strongest of enemies and allies alike with no problem at all. :)

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-17 19:58:17

Can I join this club?

I'm a really big FF fan.

Please?

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-18 01:13:34

Politely asking to re-join this club. I was a member a ways back. I just feel like talking Final Fantasy. In between some other games, I'm doing a 100% completion run of FFXII. Pretty early on in it, on my way to Raithwall, but these things take time.

My favorite game, both overall and of the Final Fantasies, is Final Fantasy X. Despite the bad rap it gets for varying reasons, Final Fantasy VII would probably rank second on the FF charts with me. I just had a memorable time with it, it was groundbreaking for me personally, and I still find it a good game.

And yes, generic response or not, I still find Sephiroth to be my favorite Final Fantasy villain.

So, am I back in? Oh, and nice to see you again Wonko.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-18 01:27:55

At 7/18/07 01:16 AM, Xtesh wrote: The Nam-Yensa was the worst part of the game for me, mostly because my characters were underdeveloped. I still go back there to one hit everything in sight, just for LP.

I had some slight trouble with it the first time around, but I had spent some extra time in the Lushu Mines, so for the most part I was prepared with augments.

You're back in. And nice to know you don't remember me(or maybe you left a LONG time ago).

Thanks. And to be honest, you alias isn't ringing a bell. I remember talking to Wonko quite a bit back then, as well as Ghaleonx5z and Mojimbo, Recon_Rebel, RavenGage, and SlightlyCrazyDude. I was active in 2004-2005 or so, so it has been a while since I was really posting in here.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-18 01:35:09

At 7/17/07 06:12 PM, Xtesh wrote:
I'd be either Vincent(due to his extreme levels of awesome and being one of the two interesting male leads) or any of the girls. Except for Selphie.

Whats wrong with Selphie? She´s pretty cool - a bit annoying, but she´s ok.

Speaking of Tactics, can anyone give me hints(I don't want a walkthrough) on how to beat Algus at the place where he shoots Teta? Aside from me leveling up Ramza ridiculously and getting every spell for my Black Mage/Chemist. His forces just overwhelm me and I spend 2/3rds of the time before I lose the fight healing.

Is that the fight where it´s all snow, with 2 little houses and a bridge joining them? I remember that fight is pretty hard. If you only have to beat Algus just go for him and leave all the other badies. If you have to kill everyone then try to keep your people seperated if they have black mages.

Re-Design is fuckin awesome! I´m level 17 now! And you Xtesh are level 21! Looks great!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-18 01:50:40

At 7/15/07 06:19 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Haha, ok, obviously it would be, but just because he´s a failed experiment, does not mean he´s not strong or anything. For a failed experiment to kill the best SOLDIER Sephiroth, and save the world, he doesn´t seem much like a failure, does he.

But only because he was experimented prior to the events two years before the canon storyline, though it is never mentioned how or when exactly.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-18 02:09:51

Ugh, get Final Fantasy 8, 11 really sucked.

Yo guys, can I get into this crew? I own 6 (through emulator), 7, 8, 9, and 10, and Tactics. I played 11, and I really hated it.

I've gotten to disk 2 on 8 (OMFG SO FAR LOL), I've beaten 7 (Omnilash is the perfect limit break, and Vincent is the best of all Final Fantasy characters), I've made it to Freya on 9 (I love the card battling game, and I would like to see Blank again, but I'm just not that intrested in the game) and on 10, I CAN beat it, but I like playing with the monster arena :) I haven't seen the ending though :'(

I played a little of Final Fantasy 11, and I jusst didn't like it.

On Final Fantasy 6, I'm trying to get everyone in the world of ruin. I use Celes, Edgar (who is 15 levels ahead of everyone else), Setzer, and Sabin. I would replace Celes, but I can't find Locke >_< Can any of you fine gentlemen/ladies help me with that?

A proud member of the SSBC.

My Gamespot home forum.

People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that put demons to shame.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-18 07:17:54

You will find locke in the Phoenix Cave, but I recommend you find everyone else first. To find the Phoenix cave, there is a clue in one of the paintings in the rich mansion house... he will tell you a hint where it lays.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-18 10:03:55

Meh. I always thought Vincent was suych a lamewad. I mean, the whole mysteriousness thing doesn't catch me as well as it does most people, I like clear, simple storylines behind my characters. Sephiroth wasn't excellent either, he was pretty boring. But compared to Kuja, who I'm convinced is female, I suppose he's not bad.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-18 10:05:45

At 7/18/07 01:35 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Whats wrong with Selphie? She´s pretty cool - a bit annoying, but she´s ok.

I never cared fro her personally. Seems the intent was to make her fill the role of the cute girl and then mix in some cowgirl. I personally think they failed in it. Useful limit breaks though.

At 7/18/07 01:53 AM, Xtesh wrote: I never played FFVIII, but I found her to be extremely annoying in KH and KH:CoM. Besides, she's the only one I don't find attractive(aside from Lulu, but she makes up for her pale skin in "other" ways).
Also, it's get pretty boring being her. She's a girl, but it's just not there.

Selphie's role in FFVIII is basically the preppy girl of Garden and the game. Has her cute moments too, and there's some nifty character development, but I found her to be the most uninteresting of the playable characters (Though I find Irvine had less development).

I'm coming into money soon, and I figure I'll have enough to get either FFVIII or IX after splurging. Any ideas on which one I should get?

Well, assuming you haven't played either, I'd highly recommend FFVIII. The sole reasons being that the Draw/Junction system can be really cool to work with, and I think the game tells a more intriguing story. Plus, FFIX card game sucks, at least in my opinion.
However, both have their fun, rewarding mini-games (FFVIII: Triple Traid | FFIX: Chocobo Hot & Cold), interesting battle system (FFVIII: Junction | FFIX: Ability), etc. FFIX has more in touch with the older FF games, so if your an oldschool fan, you may lean towards it. But like I said, both have their good points. I'm just a little biased due to Triple Traid awesomeness and FFIX's terrible Limit Break system.

At 7/18/07 02:09 AM, Cenetaurman wrote: Ugh, get Final Fantasy 8, 11 really sucked.

He meant FF9, but I haven't heard at all good things about FFXI myself either.

...I've made it to Freya on 9 (I love the card battling game, and I would like to see Blank again, but I'm just not that intrested in the game) and on 10, I CAN beat it, but I like playing with the monster arena :) I haven't seen the ending though :'(

I always liked Blank too. Not sure why. But I can't stand the Tetra Master anymore. I played it too much and the game is just flawed to me now.

And you should beat FFX. Beautiful sad ending, and if you've spent time at the Monster Arena, you can definatly beat the game with ease.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-18 13:14:01

At 7/18/07 10:03 AM, Paradox wrote: Meh. I always thought Vincent was suych a lamewad. I mean, the whole mysteriousness thing doesn't catch me as well as it does most people, I like clear, simple storylines behind my characters. Sephiroth wasn't excellent either, he was pretty boring. But compared to Kuja, who I'm convinced is female, I suppose he's not bad.

I can't say I'm a huge Vincent fan, but he's decent. Tortured and experimented on, much like Cloud, and it ended up becoming an asset. It's got Marvel Comics written all over it, so maybe that's why I like him.

I'm a big Sephiroth fan. I mean, superhuman with delusions of of grandeur and God-like ambitions. What's not to like? But that's just me. He somewhat reminds me of Vayne from FFXII, just on a more destructive, crazy, and selfish scale.

Kuja, I like. FFIX needed a sophisticated villain. Woman-like? Yes. Would ahve been better with Tetsuya? Definatly. But I found him cool enough. It's Necron that pissed me off.At 7/18/07 01:07 PM,

Xtesh wrote:

I stopped playing at the part where you get to Jecht. Until I've had enough time to get everyone leveled up, I'm not taking another step in the storyline of that game.

At the very end of the game, you mean? Trust me, take him. He's not hard, and, sadly, you literally can't lose the remaining battles. No matter what.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-18 13:28:39

Necron was too easy. For some reason I was in a position near the end where I couldn't lose, wasn't sure if it were a glitch, but when he had fairly low HP he was just using the same attack over and over, eventually killing off everyone except Steiner, who he'd do nothing to, ever. If I revived a character, he'd instantly knock that character down. Luckily, Steiner was in trance so his attack was enough to kill Necron, otherwise I'd have been worried that he might have actually attacked Steiner for once.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-18 17:13:17

At 7/18/07 07:17 AM, Jackotrades wrote: You will find locke in the Phoenix Cave, but I recommend you find everyone else first. To find the Phoenix cave, there is a clue in one of the paintings in the rich mansion house... he will tell you a hint where it lays.

Thanks, but seriously, I think I can take it. Is Edgar ready to take it? He is at level 57, I quadrupled his magic accedently (trying to get Fire 2), and he knows about 3/4's of the spells in Final Fantasy 6. He also has X magic.

Setzer is close to his position, I don't know why people find him useless.

I guess I'll beat Final Fantasy 10, as long as the ending isn't as cheesy as Fantastic 4's.

So, am I in or out?

A proud member of the SSBC.

My Gamespot home forum.

People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that put demons to shame.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-18 17:50:01

Hey guys - its me LifeStream. I changed something in my user account, and had to change my password, now it wont let me log in, so i´ve toldd bob, see if he can fix that.

I just downloaded FFT and a PSX emulator cos i can´t find my FFt disc. Sucks, i know.

Been working and doing alot of stuff so thats why i ain´t been posting recfently......gotta wait till weekend.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-18 18:48:08

No, no, i didnt loose it, i got it back now......the verification e-mail was in the spam box -_- Oh well, all back to norm.

I´m gonna play through FFT too, but with work it´ll be slow progress. I´ll get a good few hours in on saturday though.

ok, going bed

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-18 19:50:29

Its not that your characters are bad, its just you need a lot so when you split into 2 groups.....oops....I let out a spoiler. (check the emperor Gestahl painting in the mansion)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-19 08:39:15

Never did get in to Tactics myself. I jsut don't have the patience for it, yet oddly enough I have the patience to train for hours on end in the other games.

At 7/18/07 01:28 PM, Paradox wrote: Necron was too easy. For some reason I was in a position near the end where I couldn't lose, wasn't sure if it were a glitch, but when he had fairly low HP he was just using the same attack over and over, eventually killing off everyone except Steiner, who he'd do nothing to, ever. If I revived a character, he'd instantly knock that character down. Luckily, Steiner was in trance so his attack was enough to kill Necron, otherwise I'd have been worried that he might have actually attacked Steiner for once.

Necron gave me a tad bit of trouble my first time around, mainly because I wasn't expecting him. I was underleveled at that point, whipped out all the healing items and whatnot needed against Kuja, and pretty much took on Necron naked (Figuratively, that is). To this day I still find his sudden occurance pretty damn stupid.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-19 09:03:20

At 7/19/07 08:39 AM, PureLionHeart wrote: Never did get in to Tactics myself. I jsut don't have the patience for it, yet oddly enough I have the patience to train for hours on end in the other games.

I don't understand that either Tactics for the PS1 is my favorite out of all the FFs. The OST and the storyline is what did it for me. Shame there isn't more too it but I'm glad it's getting ported to the PSP here soon. Two new classes I think were mentioned to be included in this version. And hopefully there will be much more to it than just a basic port and sprucing.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature