00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mystlol just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

948,229 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 12:56:32

At 6/21/05 11:54 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: You're not. I havn't played any FF games lately. :S Last time I played a FF game was when I tried playing on FFVI with the fucked up Playstation.

Dang hope your able to play again soon =)

At 6/21/05 11:57 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Nah, ive completed FFVIII about 4 times now, so i pretty much know everything in the game, not showing off or anything but its TRUE, AND IM TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME :D

Well I've beaten it over 20 times, HA! lol XD =D

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 14:27:59

At 6/21/05 11:50 AM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: Am I the only one who hasn't been playinga FF game lately? lol

well, i'm playing FF6 and 7 at the same time....

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 14:42:18

At 6/21/05 12:56 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote:
Well I've beaten it over 20 times, HA! lol XD =D

Damn, well your awesomeness exceeds mine at FFVIII but i would own your arse at FFVII, of that i have no doubt.

RECON, any chance you could give me your e-mail addy, i need to talk to you about something :D Even if you just email me it, so no one else can get it.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 16:05:55

At 6/21/05 11:50 AM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: Am I the only one who hasn't been playinga FF game lately? lol

Just wodnering

Nope. I haven't been playing any for a bit. The most recent game I've played would be Kingdom Hearts. I'm busy with Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. :-)

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 16:10:04

At 6/20/05 12:59 PM, GibSG wrote: Maybe you missed one of the materia's (sold one, didn't master etc, the second time you tried).

I'm pretty sure I mastered them all, and didn't sell anything. I never do, even if I need the gil, I'll always go into battle. Plus you can get items and level up as well, AP too. :)

I think the guide cost about £17. But I got the game for free off a mate. Mine broke so he gave me his. Actually in my entire life I think I've owned 3 FFVIII's. I didn't look after my games back then. :P

That's pretty cool, quite nice of your friend.

A funny story involving VII & VIII. A friend of my sisters, her brother wanted to borrow our 3 disk from VII. We agreed under one term, that we borrow a game of his in return. Well, since he had beaten VIII, he decided to let us borrow it from him. Say the least, two weeks later, they moved to Alabama. He never got VIII back, so we kept it. The down side was that he had our VII disc, so we had to save money to buy a new set. But hell, a whole gave over part is still better than nothing. B)

At 6/20/05 09:41 PM, Einhander0 wrote: I just found a FF7 guide new for $10 and a FF8 guide for $10. But more importantly, I found a tactics guide! If youre willing to buy online amazon has FF Tactics guides

Yeah, I know there are some online, but I havn't the funds for a credit card.

When I do, I'll buy VII, Vagrants Story, Tactics, IX, and X, with out that ' Greatest Hits' bull shit on it. Did you know that when it's a greatest hit, they change the disc cover/image? Stupid isn't it? Not to mention the guides for VII, VIII, IX, X-2, and Vagrant Story. :P

At 6/21/05 05:59 AM, secret_toad wrote: Man I think you guys lied to me.
I was in North crader for like an 2 hours and I saw no pot thing.
Then I had to start over cause I didnt want to fight Sephiroth.

Nope, I didn't. When you get to the fork in the road where you have to go left or right and split your party into two groups, go right, or towards the screen. You have to go a ways, but you'll find magic pots. And you'll run into those Morph things which are quite annoying. :/

Probably. Hell you've got a life, we don't. :P

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 17:07:22

Is there anything special that happens when you are low on health and equipped with Ultima Weapon (Cloud).

I know the more HP you have the better the attack. But as you go lower it changes colour and I was wondering if it has any special advantages to help Cloud survive.....escape death, larger defense etc.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 17:48:08

Ooh...I've got a poll for you guys.

Post your favourite3 magic, gf/summon/aeon, etc system. (i.e. Junction, Materia, Grid Square).

1-Materia - its possiblities are almost endless.
2-Grid square - I enjoyed it and it made character developed good.
3-FFIX's one - I don't know its name, but I felt old school and retro. And I enjoyed that (since I've never played the classic <VI).

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 18:52:48

At 6/21/05 05:07 PM, GibSG wrote: Is there anything special that happens when you are low on health and equipped with Ultima Weapon (Cloud).

Hmm... Not that I know of, yet I was proven wrong about the materia bit, so maybe there is ja?

At 6/21/05 05:48 PM, GibSG wrote: Ooh...I've got a poll for you guys.

Post your favourite3 magic, gf/summon/aeon, etc system. (i.e. Junction, Materia, Grid Square).

1-Materia - its possiblities are almost endless.
2-Grid square - I enjoyed it and it made character developed good.
3-FFIX's one - I don't know its name, but I felt old school and retro. And I enjoyed that (since I've never played the classic <VI).

I do love the choices teh materia system gives me.

The Sphere grid in X was one of the best.

And I'm guessing you are talking about the gems in IX, correct?

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 21:07:29

At 1/23/03 10:13 AM, Mojimbo wrote: Since all these clubs r being made iv decided to make a final fantasy club, if you wanna goin just have your signature say ur part of it and wat member u r! This should be a big club since there r so many FFF's- Final Fantasy Fans

dude wtf why do soooooooooooooo many people like final fantasy?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-21 22:09:19

At 6/21/05 09:07 PM, lilGoose wrote: dude wtf why do soooooooooooooo many people like final fantasy?

Because it's one of the best, and arguabley THE best video game series out there in terms of gameplay, story, graphics, etc?

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-22 01:41:57

At 6/21/05 10:09 PM, -Anti-Hero- wrote: Because it's one of the best, and arguabley THE best video game series out there in terms of gameplay, story, graphics, etc?

That's a matter of opinion. But the FACT is that it's the most successful series. That is, in terms of money and fans made throughout the world. If I remember correctly, the total number of Final Fantasy Games sold were more than 60 million. Say $50 per game, plus all the other FF merchendise and the montly fees for FF11, and I'd say that's one hell of a profit.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-22 02:02:24

Quite true, Raven. I was mainly referring to professional and official reviews and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-22 10:29:53

At 6/21/05 05:07 PM, GibSG wrote:
I know the more HP you have the better the attack. But as you go lower it changes colour and I was wondering if it has any special advantages to help Cloud survive.....escape death, larger defense etc.

Well theres a few weapons other than the ultimate weapon that power up when your team mates are injured or out of action, i think Tifa has one. Also in my opinion, the limit break is the last resort to saving your characters life, a natural defence mechanism, go all out or die trying :D

At 6/21/05 05:48 PM, GibSG wrote:

1 materia system. It was always the best in my opinion, simple yet complex at the same time, even a newb could pick up the basics first try.
2 GF System, very good idea in my books, easy to understand, pick a skill you want to learn, then battle bad guys. Excellent fun. Especially if you know where the cactuar island is. I leveled Eden up to his max capacity just fighting there for a few hours.
3 Sphere Grid, pretty good idea, p;enty scope for improvement to your characters and the such, but quite difficult to get into.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-22 10:58:52

At 6/21/05 12:56 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: Dang hope your able to play again soon =)

There's the PS2 in my sister's room, but I prefer playing on games in my room.

At 6/21/05 04:10 PM, AshleyRiot wrote: Probably. Hell you've got a life, we don't. :P

Damn right. I don't have a life at all, but my parents seem to force me to get one. Fucking parents. XD

1. Materia
2. FFIX's system
3. Sphere grid

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-22 12:23:26

1. Esper
2. Juction
3. Buying

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-22 15:15:41

1. Materia (FFVII)
2. Job/Dressphere Abilities(FFX-2)
3. Equipment Abilities(FFIX)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-22 23:49:41

I like the FFT jobs system best. FFT allows for up to 6 characters plus movement and jump points, which made it more fun for me than any other system.

Then there's the Sphere Grid, followed closely by Materia.

The GFs and the FFX-2 jobs also seem very nice, but I never experienced them to their full potential.

Basically all FFs I've played seem to have almost-perfect systems. Except maybe for FFTA.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-23 11:11:08

At 6/22/05 12:23 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: 1. Esper

I found that system alright, although the main problem was that the only way to gain up on stats was levelling up having an esper equipped. :S Also, you were allowed to have only one esper at a time. However, I was told that it was possible to get some stats go over 255 and get a Bolt1 to cause 9999 HP damage to an enemy. XD

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-23 12:56:11

oh dude i wanna be a part of this! whats the qualifications again?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-23 14:01:57

At 6/23/05 12:56 PM, DC5_bOi wrote: oh dude i wanna be a part of this! whats the qualifications again?

That you like Final Fantasy.

Of and what game is the Esper system from?

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-23 14:04:16

At 6/23/05 12:56 PM, DC5_bOi wrote: oh dude i wanna be a part of this! whats the qualifications again?

If it's about that member number thing, then it doesn't matter. There are no requirements here. Welcome. :)

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-23 17:16:57

At 6/23/05 02:01 PM, GibSG wrote: Of and what game is the Esper system from?

i've only played final fantasy 7,8,9,10,and 10-2.
so i'm assuming its either from ff1-ff6 or in ff11or ff12.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-23 18:17:30

At 6/23/05 05:16 PM, DC5_bOi wrote: i've only played final fantasy 7,8,9,10,and 10-2.

I do belive Espers are from VI. I'm not sure since I haven't played VI yet. :/

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-23 19:05:40

At 6/23/05 06:17 PM, AshleyRiot wrote:
At 6/23/05 05:16 PM, DC5_bOi wrote: i've only played final fantasy 7,8,9,10,and 10-2.
I do belive Espers are from VI. I'm not sure since I haven't played VI yet. :/

Yes it's from FF6

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-23 19:38:32

At 6/23/05 07:05 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: Yes it's from FF6

Ah, I thought so, but wasn't so sure.

===

Just a question, which FF holds the best music in your oppinion?

For me it's a toss up between IX and Tactics, so it's really hard, but I think I'd choose IXs music over Tactics even as hard as it seems.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-23 19:46:51

Best Final Fantasy OST? FF7 and FF8 & FF9 tie for second.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-23 23:38:54

Finally got around to playing Final Fantasy II last night. I really like the level-up system. Does anyone know where I can find the lists for the magic sold in the towns of Paloom, Poft and Salamand?

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-24 05:26:11

The best music is from FF IX

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-24 05:30:27

Here are my favourite level up sistems:
1.Junction-Because it's totally personal
2.Sphere grid sistem-Because you have to plan your movements
3.FF IX's-Because it has a lot of stats and lots of ways of raising them

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-24 11:14:30

At 6/23/05 07:38 PM, AdelbertSteiner wrote: Just a question, which FF holds the best music in your oppinion?

I'd say it would have to be FFIX, then after that, I guess it would be FFVI.