00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sneaksby1997 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

956,588 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-16 16:52:59

At 6/16/05 01:33 PM, Einhander0 wrote: Is master materia the one that gives you all the commands of whatever type it is? If so, then no, you can only get one set for emerald

Yes I do mean them. And your wrong cause you can get at least 2.

One from Emerald. And another set by mastering every magic, summon and command materia. Then go to the HUGE materia and go to the right one (red for summon, green for magic, yellow for command) and it'll turn them into a set of Master Magic/Summon/Command.

But since materia guives birth to a fresh materia upon mastering. I ws wondering whether you could get more than one pair from the HUGE materia.

So this question is still open for answering.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-16 22:39:04

At 6/13/05 09:22 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: During my away period from NG, i played my FFVII game again, i was trying to beat Recons score at beating Weapon underwater, but i couldnt do it, damn you RECON!!

Heh, I'm trying to get a faster time myself SCD but 3 min. 42 sec. will be tough to beat. I do remember someone saying they did it in less than three minutes. You pretty much have to kill Emerald without anyone dying since the animation sequence will waste precious time.

Anyway, i maxed everything out, and i have 2 master summons, 3 master commands, and 3 master magics.

Harsh. I didn't go quite that far but managed to get myself 1 master summon, 2 master magics and 3 master commands. Did you find all the enemy skills? I think 'Trine' is the one enemy skill you only have three chances to get.

Bleh, i need a new game, but i cant face playing 10, its not ever appealed to me, despite it sitting on my shelf with x-2, with a combined 7 hours on them, aaarrggh.

I'm stunned that you don't like FF10 SCD. The graphics are great and blitzball is probably the best mini-game ever created (in my opinion). What is it about the game that turns you off?

At 6/13/05 12:59 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:
At 6/12/05 10:37 PM, ReconRebel wrote: When you get the hammer/mallet/whatever, don't use it to make Steiner his Tin Armor.
Ah yes, I know about that. But, if you get Save the Queen, or the other sword, you'll supposidly get different endings as well.

I had the ending where he was in a play and made his presence known to Garnet just before it was over.

LOL! ... but seriously the snails they cook are cultured. Grown in sterile conditions.
Hmm, it's still a bit if-iy for me. But I'll give it a try when I can.

Trust me man, they're great! They're considered an appetizer although I've had two orders of them on more than one occasion. Most restaurants serve them inside mushroom caps covered in garlic butter.

... stupid butterfly game.
Heh, it's actually the hardest one, the Chocobo one is easier than that one.

I kinda thought so. Still, that chocobo race can get frustrating when those birds start smacking into you.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-17 02:27:22

At 6/16/05 03:05 PM, Einhander0 wrote: Mega Phoenix*
Bribe
- Ghost (Cavern of the Stolen Fayth)

Thanks. With this info, I too managed to dispose of Dark Ifrit and Ixion!
Dark matters in da house!

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-17 09:54:33

At 6/16/05 10:39 PM, ReconRebel wrote:
Heh, I'm trying to get a faster time myself SCD but 3 min. 42 sec. will be tough to beat. I do remember someone saying they did it in less than three minutes. You pretty much have to kill Emerald without anyone dying since the animation sequence will waste precious time.

Yeah, i guess its all down to that in the end. I still cant fathon out why the counter+4xCut materia combo didnt work, meh. Do you fill all the rest of your spare slots with counter attackl materia?

Harsh. I didn't go quite that far but managed to get myself 1 master summon, 2 master magics and 3 master commands. Did you find all the enemy skills? I think 'Trine' is the one enemy skill you only have three chances to get.

I have indeed, got one finished Enemy Skill materia, and one of them only needs Shadow Flare, the other needs quite alot of things but it does have Shadow flare, damn it. Zombie dragons do shadow flare to you once in every 50 fights it seems to me, and getting it on the right person is a pain in the arse. Trine, hmm, i do have trine on all of them :D Its easy to get if you know where to go. Just go to the gold saucer and fight in the desert underneath it, eventually you will find a Harpy. These do Trine and the water based enemy skill aswell, i cant remember the name ...aqualung :D

I'm stunned that you don't like FF10 SCD. The graphics are great and blitzball is probably the best mini-game ever created (in my opinion). What is it about the game that turns you off?

I do like Blitzball, and would have to agree that its the best mini game in any final fantasy, but i would say the card game in FFXIII gives it a good run. I dont know what makes me feel bad towards it. I come here and see all you guys talking about it, and it makes me feel kinda shitty, knowing i didnt give it a wide berth. Maybe im just too much of a FFXII guy, i dunno.

And to the guy/gal asking about how many master materia you can get. You can get as many as you like, aslong as you have mastered all the materia in that catergory. I have 2 master summons, 3 master magics and 3 master commands, and i only got 1 of each from Emerald weapon. So yeah its possible to get as many as you like.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-17 11:24:09

At 6/16/05 10:39 PM, ReconRebel wrote: Heh, I'm trying to get a faster time myself SCD but 3 min. 42 sec. will be tough to beat. I do remember someone saying they did it in less than three minutes. You pretty much have to kill Emerald without anyone dying since the animation sequence will waste precious time.

Under three minutes? How is that possible? :S Possibly no KOTR or Omnislash used. :S

I kinda thought so. Still, that chocobo race can get frustrating when those birds start smacking into you.

I know. I hated that part, but I did manage to get 0:00:00.

At 6/17/05 02:27 AM, EviLudy wrote: Thanks. With this info, I too managed to dispose of Dark Ifrit and Ixion!
Dark matters in da house!

Heh, there should soon be an easier way for you to get Dark Matters. Hmm, I'm sure there is another item you could've got from those Dark Aeons.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-17 13:21:53

At 6/16/05 01:33 PM, Einhander0 wrote: Is master materia the one that gives you all the commands of whatever type it is? If so, then no, you can only get one set for emerald

- Master Magic

- Master Summon

- Master Command

And yes, you can aquire a set from Emerald once you defeat him.

A smart move to pull is to master the ' Master All ' matiria and joint it with the Master Magic so you can cast all magic.

At 6/16/05 04:52 PM, GibSG wrote: But since materia guives birth to a fresh materia upon mastering. I ws wondering whether you could get more than one pair from the HUGE materia.

Nope, once you get one set from the Huge Materia, that is it, it won't give you any more. And the one Huge Materia in the Shuttle from Cids town holds Bahumat Zero. Joint him with Quad Magic and man, whoo.

And same thing, joint Master Summon with Quad Magic for x 4 summons, excluding Knights of the Round, they can only be w-summond for x 2

At 6/16/05 10:39 PM, ReconRebel wrote: I had the ending where he was in a play and made his presence known to Garnet just before it was over.

Yep, that is the one I got as well. Maybe there is only two endings. One with the hammer, one without.

Trust me man, they're great! They're considered an appetizer although I've had two orders of them on more than one occasion. Most restaurants serve them inside mushroom caps covered in garlic butter.

Hey hey, I do love mushrooms, and garlic butter as well. You make it sound even better.

Yeah, that is the pain part. I try to stay on one path and get as many ballons as possible.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-17 13:57:45

Look at the Final Fantasy wallpaper i made.Its Cloud from Kingdom Hearts

Look!

I made it basic so you can add whatever you want to it.What do you think?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-17 14:59:46

i got a zidane and a vivi picture

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-17 15:10:13

Ill be #6 then ok?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-17 15:19:50

At 6/17/05 03:10 PM, obliviondrummer wrote: Ill be #6 then ok?

lol #6. more like #600

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-17 15:49:17

I found this a while ago and for some reason i don't want to get rid of it.

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-17 16:10:45

At 6/17/05 01:21 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: Nope, once you get one set from the Huge Materia, that is it, it won't give you any more. And the one Huge Materia in the Shuttle from Cids town holds Bahumat Zero. Joint him with Quad Magic and man, whoo.

Have you tried it yourself? Cause I asked a while back on the FFVII forum on www.gametalk.com. And they said it's unlimited.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-17 21:15:36

At 6/17/05 09:54 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
At 6/16/05 10:39 PM, ReconRebel wrote: You pretty much have to kill Emerald without anyone dying since the animation sequence will waste precious time.
Yeah, i guess its all down to that in the end. I still cant fathon out why the counter+4xCut materia combo didnt work, meh.

Some materia will cancel or supersede other materia when linked together. Yeah I know, some of those fantastic combinations you thought were possible really aren't.

Do you fill all the rest of your spare slots with counter attackl materia?

Nope. I give all three characters (Cloud, Cid and Barret) a mastered 4x-Cut materia and a mastered HP Plus materia. I give Barret the Missing Score and equip the Underwater materia to it with roughly 2,100,000 AP (this materia has no limit on it's AP). I stay away from Revive/Final Attack combo because of the time factor.

Did you find all the enemy skills? I think 'Trine' is the one enemy skill you only have three chances to get.
Trine, hmm, i do have trine on all of them :D Its easy to get if you know where to go. Just go to the gold saucer and fight in the desert underneath it, eventually you will find a Harpy.

Far out. I didn't know that. How many Enemy Skill materia did you find? Most walkthroughs I've seen say there's around 7 to 8 of them in the game. I must have found at least 10 of them. Shit... they were popping up all over the place near the end!

These do Trine and the water based enemy skill aswell, i cant remember the name ...aqualung :D

Yeah it's Aqualung. That's how I quickly fill Cloud's limit break meter when I want to tackle Emerald.

I'm stunned that you don't like FF10 SCD. What is it about the game that turns you off?
I do like Blitzball, and would have to agree that its the best mini game in any final fantasy, but i would say the card game in FFXIII gives it a good run.

FFVIII is my favorite game in the series. I'm currently maxing out the character's stats with the Devour ability. It's a lot easier than trying to create sources (and a lot cheaper).

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-17 22:17:46

At 6/17/05 01:57 PM, Liquidmaycry wrote: Look at the Final Fantasy wallpaper i made.Its Cloud from Kingdom Hearts

Look!

I made it basic so you can add whatever you want to it.What do you think?

I like it

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-17 22:29:35

This sucks. I get my FFX-2 to work and then my PS2 breaks! :(
Why does technology hate me?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-17 22:48:31

About the Emerald thing:

It's main attack does 1000 damage per materia equiped. So if Barret has 5 materia and Cloud has 2 then it'll do 5000 to Baret and 2000 to Cloud. And if you have more than 10 it's an insitant kill.

So when people fight it they usualy equip very little materia in order to survive, but there's another (easier in my opinion) way.

Emerald has those 4 eye things that shoot lasers or what not at you. The weapon will only use it's mass attack if one of them is alive. So when all the eyes open, if you can quickly take out all 4 of them you'll be safe. Cid's highwind, Cloud's Omnislash, and Ultima materi are easy ways to do that.

Just save up the overrives and use them along with a few Ultimas and the 4 eyes should die before Emerald has a chance to use it's mass attack and kill you. And since it won't be using that, you're free to equip as many materia as you want.

also bring some X-potions, which can be found at the airport place in Jenon or whatever that Shinra port/city/base with the big gun was called.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-17 23:24:09

At 6/17/05 01:57 PM, Liquidmaycry wrote: I made it basic so you can add whatever you want to it.What do you think?

The outline of him looks terrible, it's all jagged and what-not.

At 6/17/05 02:59 PM, kyle0912 wrote: i got a zidane and a vivi picture

I assure you I have both of them, for they rock. :)

At 6/17/05 03:10 PM, obliviondrummer wrote: Ill be #6 then ok?

LOL NO! You are far from #6, try #600 +.

At 6/17/05 03:49 PM, Liquidmaycry wrote: I found this a while ago and for some reason i don't want to get rid of it.

It's pretty neat. Can't really tell if it's a sprite or a drawing.

At 6/17/05 04:10 PM, GibSG wrote: And they said it's unlimited.

That is a silly question to ask, yes I have played it, I own the game and have beaten it over 10 times and have put over 1k hours into it. That site is bullshitting you BIG TIME.

At 6/17/05 10:29 PM, Mojimbo wrote: This sucks. I get my FFX-2 to work and then my PS2 breaks! :(
Why does technology hate me?

Ouch, that sucks. I guess just call it a mishap. :/

At 6/17/05 10:48 PM, RavenGage wrote: About the Emerald thing:

The matira bit never happened to me, I killed him to fast to let him attack me. :/

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 00:07:51

Does anyone know of a great place to raise characters and limits in FF7.
Oh and whats the best materlia to kill ruby and emerald.
For some reason I think emrald is really cool. In the sub i like to swim next to him. Hes really cool and mysterious.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 00:28:36

At 6/18/05 12:07 AM, secret_toad wrote: Does anyone know of a great place to raise characters and limits in FF7.

The north crater is the best. The trick is to get the w-item matira and do the duplication trick wiht it, by getting 99 elixers and fighting the magic pots. Well, you don't fight them, but give them elixers, and they will go away not harming you, and you will get an assload of AP and XP. If you attack them to kill them, they will steal rare items from you, weapons and such that are of only one in the entiere game.

Oh and whats the best materlia to kill ruby and emerald.

Emerald : Knights of the Round + w-summon, mime it, then have your thrid character heal. Repeat.

Ruby : Summon Hades. I do belive he get's inflicted with Berserk, not allowing him to do quick sand, nor counter Knights of the Round with Ultima.

For some reason I think emrald is really cool. In the sub i like to swim next to him. Hes really cool and mysterious.

Yeah, he is one of the two [ Ruby being the other] weapons that were added to the American version to spice it up and give it more of a challange.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 02:57:11

Also, if you don't have W-Item to train with the pots, go to the forests of Mideel. That's where i leveled up in my first game and it didn't take as long as I thought it would. Not as fast as the pots, though, of course. It's also easier to get your limits there than against the pots, since they don't fight back.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 03:00:44

Dont you get stuck in the northorn crater as soon as you enter.
The reason I want to level up is to kick wepons ass.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 03:06:17

At 6/18/05 03:00 AM, secret_toad wrote: Dont you get stuck in the northorn crater as soon as you enter.
The reason I want to level up is to kick wepons ass.

I didn't ever get stuck in there. I could go in and out. It's a pain at times because your controler won't find the right place to get out, or say, it's hard to climb out at the top, but it's possible.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 05:33:58

At 6/17/05 03:19 PM, EviLudy wrote: lol #6. more like #600

ROFLcopter, that is so goddamn true.

At 6/17/05 03:49 PM, Liquidmaycry wrote: I found this a while ago and for some reason i don't want to get rid of it.

Looks nice.

At 6/17/05 10:48 PM, RavenGage wrote: It's main attack does 1000 damage per materia equiped. So if Barret has 5 materia and Cloud has 2 then it'll do 5000 to Baret and 2000 to Cloud. And if you have more than 10 it's an insitant kill.

Actually, it's 1111 damage pers materia equipped. So nine materis equipped would basically mean instant death.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 08:02:46

any of you making final fantasy sigs?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 09:16:30

At 6/18/05 08:02 AM, eon78 wrote: any of you making final fantasy sigs?

Not that I know of. Ask the ASM or the BSM to make you a signature.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 12:28:50

At 6/17/05 09:15 PM, ReconRebel wrote:
Some materia will cancel or supersede other materia when linked together. Yeah I know, some of those fantastic combinations you thought were possible really aren't.

Yeah, its a damn pity, but there must be some way to beat your score, im sure you have tried other ways, but i will try and throw in a few options you havent thought of later. I just need to get my FFVII thinking cap on.

Nope. I give all three characters (Cloud, Cid and Barret) a mastered 4x-Cut materia and a mastered HP Plus materia. I give Barret the Missing Score and equip the Underwater materia to it with roughly 2,100,000 AP (this materia has no limit on it's AP). I stay away from Revive/Final Attack combo because of the time factor.

Ah, i see. Now about this underwater materia, why have you let its AP build up to such an extent? Are you going to sell it later? I hope you say something otherwise though, i havent heard anything cool about FFVII i didnt know in a while.

Far out. I didn't know that. How many Enemy Skill materia did you find? Most walkthroughs I've seen say there's around 7 to 8 of them in the game. I must have found at least 10 of them. Shit... they were popping up all over the place near the end!

10, god damn, i only have 4, 1 mastered, one without the zombie dragon enemy skill and the other two are shitty.

Yeah it's Aqualung. That's how I quickly fill Cloud's limit break meter when I want to tackle Emerald.

Wait what? I dont understand that sentence. You use aqualung to get clouds limit break up? Im confuddled.

FFVIII is my favorite game in the series. I'm currently maxing out the character's stats with the Devour ability. It's a lot easier than trying to create sources (and a lot cheaper).

Hahaha. I love the music that plays and the message it shows when you devour an enemy, its quite ridiculous.

At 6/17/05 11:24 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:
That is a silly question to ask, yes I have played it, I own the game and have beaten it over 10 times and have put over 1k hours into it. That site is bullshitting you BIG TIME.

No sir, YOU, are wrong, so very very wrong. It is unlimited, aslong as you have mastered all the materia in that criteria, i promise im right, on my current FFVII saved game, i have 8 master materia altogether, so you cant tell me im wrong, when i know im right, sorry Inny.

At 6/18/05 12:07 AM, secret_toad wrote: Does anyone know of a great place to raise characters and limits in FF7.

The best place on the first disc, is just after you have escaped the Gold Saucer and you get the car. Drive back to Costa Del Sol, and travel back across to Junon. Then go into where the submarine base is, the T junction next to the lift. Go down and press the alarm. Then run around fighting. These monsters are disc 2 monsters though, so be prepared, use haste big guard etc early on. I got to level 47 i think on disc one, using this strategy. And my kid brothers friend is level 70 on disc one using this strategy, so give it a bash.

Ah i enjoyed that post, i think im getting back into Final Fantasy now :D

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 12:35:47

u just put it in your sig and your in?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 13:31:02

At 6/18/05 12:35 PM, Elementall wrote: u just put it in your sig and your in?

Oh, you mean to join the club? Sure if you want to, you don't have to though.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 14:19:32

does any one in here have a fail proof strategy for killing emerald weapon? Its really starting to piss me of. Oh, and Bahamut7, could you take a screen shot of my 1000th post and post it i the review crew?

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-06-18 18:57:35

At 6/18/05 02:19 PM, MasterStalker wrote: does any one in here have a fail proof strategy for killing emerald weapon? Its really starting to piss me of. Oh, and Bahamut7, could you take a screen shot of my 1000th post and post it i the review crew?

Best stradegy is havinga max KOTR materia, 2 or 3 mime materia, and the Pheonix summon combined with final spell materia.