00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Slogan

39,600 Views | 384 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 12:41:57

I loved the old slogan, despite the fact it didn't really have much to do with NG. I personally think the old one is better, but the new one does actually have something to do with NG.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 12:42:18

Well, you said it in your 5th paragraph. We are the future, today. It has some redeeming qualities of the old one, and it's no longer negative. I think it would work a little better than the current one, but that's just my opinion.

And smaller buttons will make this setup 1000X better.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 12:45:09

The slogan is now 'everything, by everyone' wich is, in my opinion, not as strong and effective than 'the problems of the future, today!'.
It is sad the slogan is now different :-(

NG Slogan

To post or not to post, that's the question.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 12:46:13

I like the new layout, the new logo and the new slogan.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 12:49:04

At 2/15/06 12:27 PM, kickme123 wrote: Change is back or i'll cry.

Seconded. :(

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 12:50:34

I think it sucks compared to the old one :S

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 12:51:33

Everything Internet for anyone

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 12:53:26

I like the new slogan, though I liked the old one too - this one does represent basically what Newgrounds is rather than something that sounds cool (i.e. "The Problems of the Future, Today!").

Keep it as it is, I say.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 12:55:57

wow, has it been that long already? i remember back in the day when telebubby fun land was on the front page and i was just watching it, snickering away. ah, memories...

anyway, without sounding like an old geezer, this 19 year old welcomes the change and accepts it as a natural part of the evolution and life of the site. granted, the old look was nice, but it seemed to have "outgrown" the way the community has developed. im sure the new look will be really cool.

and, btw, i kinda like the slogan "Newgrounds.com: flash at its finest!", what do you think? or maybe "Newgrounds.com: the future was then, THIS is now.". i think it has a certain "ring" to it that the older users might find nostalgic. like "the problems of the future were then, but this is the new future" ya know?

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 12:56:27

Comparing the slogans, the new one is so much more fitting than the old one. Come to think of it, I can't say I liked the old one that much.

A good slogan to me isn't necessarily one that sounds great, or one with great rhytm. To me a good slogan describes the website / company / whatever perfectly, or as good as a few words can say. If you got that down, good rhytm and catch is of course a nice bonus. I think the new slogan, while not exactly categorizing Newgrounds, catches the essence somehow.

All in all, the new slogan is more describing of the actual nature of Newgrounds, while it doesn't actually tell you what the site contains.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 12:56:58

Like I said before that you kepted it in the TITLE tag so it shows respect to your roots and broading your range to show what Newgrounds is about (Everything, by everyone) does compliment what newgrounds now is and what you hope it always to be. Some how, keeping that future pace in your slogin galvanizes the newgrounds community in almost a supernatural sense of being the fore front of what socity is looking for.. looking too and at almost a unconscious level sets NG one pace beyond anything that is out there. Your new slogin isn't the fight clubish punch in the face impact.. but a warm smile. We'll see what the future brings, won't we.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 12:59:04

At 2/15/06 12:45 PM, simsam114 wrote: The slogan is now 'everything, by everyone' wich is, in my opinion, not as strong and effective than 'the problems of the future, today!'.
It is sad the slogan is now different :-(

It is sad that you have to picture spam the News topics.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:00:03

At 2/15/06 12:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: Woah... blocked by an entire country. Now that's badass. I'm not sure what we can do about it. I need to find out what standards Kuwait uses to block sites.

Yeah, too bad I'm going there this summer. When I went there last year, half of the site's ads were blocked. Now it seems that after much debating, they've decided to block you entirely, seeing as you have more than just ads on this site. I think Kuwait isn't the only country to have done so, Saudi Arabia might have done the same as well.
Oh, and please put an "automatically sign me in" box up there. I need it.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:01:05

At 2/15/06 12:26 PM, TomFulp wrote: As for the other complaints about the new header... We'll try making the buttons a little smaller and cutting down the vertical space as much as we can without screwing it up. And I promise, the redesign Stamper is working on LOOKS AMAZING and fits much nicer with the new header, which he has already been tweaking.

It's not so much of the fact that the vertical space is larger, but the ad has become "partof it", and thus make it look huge.

As of a new slogan, i completly agree, the site has become more professinal since you first set up with the "tenage rebelion theme". And i agree it should be changed.

But in order to do that we need a mission statement, what is the goal of NG? Where is it heading?

- James

SIG YOINK!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:01:30

Tom,

... Hmmm.. Everything you wanted, by everyone Implies you want it.. Which the new Slogin lacks.. Bote Vibe

-Luke

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:08:16

The new slogan rocks. period. Although it seems like ive seen it before, im going to say do not change it, it not only fits the NG theme but its simple and has more maturity to it. ive been coming to NG for years, and i have to say...time for a change. NG has been open for longer then half of its members have been alive, and i cant believe it still has as much excitement and edge to it, no need for a exciting slogan. But i think if your going to change the slogan, make some other changes to? i figure toms married, hes happy, and rich. Newgrounds.com only has so long before its left on its own.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:12:30

The new slogan rocks...!!! Great work!

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:14:38

This new header and slogan is the best change Newgrounds has done. The slogan finally fits what Newgrounds is. It might bring in more members and more companies will want to advertize on Newgrounds.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:16:01

i'm still feelin the old slogan, but the header is awesome.

but one thing, i didnt know the BBS existed until 3 months after i signed up. you should make the button bigger, cuz i see lots of people who leave reviews that have 0 bbs posts and have been on newgrounds for quite some time

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:17:35

I'm going to amke a suggestion:

Since It dosn't look like the old slogan will be coming back any time soon, why don't you use that old slogan for another part of the site, the forums for example. They are the real problems of the future, today!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:31:28

You might also want to change the slogan in the title section of the html. :)X

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:32:17

i think the problem with the new slogan is its just what it is is what it is. with the last one you really had to think about it for a secound to grasp what'ya meant, but the new one feels to much like your pushing this image on us of NG being THE flash site, even though it is, it feels bad when the creator takes that in (in a bigheaded way i guess)

something like..

"NG, Your in home, Home away from home" would be cool :D. i thought of that while watching the Simpsons.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:32:32

the new slogan does kinda fit the definition of NG because NG is everyone with content made by everyone.

[PHP: Main]-[AVGN Club]

"You know a dame is classy when she got some jiggle in her assy." - Unknown

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:34:02

The new slogan definetly works and does do a better job of describing the site, but it's missing that special something that made "The problems of the future, today!" so catchy and memorable. How about something like:

Newgrounds: The World is at Your Fingertips

Or not, chances are in a few months everyone will have forgotten the old slogan and found something new to complain about. :P

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:36:35

With the amazing new header I can only imagine how great the rest will be. Good job Stamper.

As for the new slogan, I love it as well. It actually means something, and what it means is a strong meaning.

I'm still glad you see the old slogan when you first come here though, I think that ones funny :D

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:41:25

One more thing...when's the PM system coming out?

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:47:17

At 2/15/06 01:34 PM, Jercurpac wrote:

That sounds like the slogan for an internet company haha :p

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:51:42

At 2/15/06 01:47 PM, -poxpower- wrote:
At 2/15/06 01:34 PM, Jercurpac wrote:
That sounds like the slogan for an internet company haha :p

Lol yeah...

FREE 100000000GB WEBHOSTING WITH UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH ALLOWANCE!

To qualify for this amazing offer you must acheive world peace.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:57:32

I'm for the new slogan. Even if it's not as "catchy" I agree that it would do the site better to have a professional slogan like that. It's catchy enough. I've adjusted to it by now.

So, Newgrounds has been blocked by a whole country. That's not suprising. I think perhaps one out of every five people I talk to who know about Newgrounds have a bad impression on it more or less. The ads are ignorable and the content has ratings. Maybe if there were a warning whenever you try to watch a movie or play a game with mature content that requires you to click yes or no before you proceed unless you turn off the warning.

It probably wouldn't help.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-15 13:58:14

!BRAINSTORM!

Newgrounds - Anyones internets
Newgrounds - The artisitic community
Newgrounds - Eat, sleep live NG
Newgrounds - The peak of the internet
Newgrounds - Feat. stamper
Newgrounds - O.n.e makes you think o_0, because it means nothing :(
Newgrounds - The community's community
Newgrounds - Overcoming reality
NewDrugs - Overcoming stess... ...nevermind
Newgrounds - Persuing perfection
Newgrounds - Under constuction i really like this one, it shows how NG is constanly moving forewards
Newgrounds - Over the edge
Newgrounds - Pushing the limits
Newgrounds - Moving forewards
Newgrounds - Growing up
Newgrounds - Giving the impossible
Newgrounds - New hope

SIG YOINK!

BBS Signature