00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hauntir just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Slogan

39,618 Views | 384 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-16 19:43:00

As for the new slogan... I came up with it one day while I was in the shower. I was thinking about how NG has grown to include all sorts of content and is basically trying to be everything to everyone. Then I realized, NG is not everything to everyone, it's everything BY everyone... I think that's pretty NEAT.:

Why dont you just make a flash header, and go through all the slogans reccomended by the users, pick the ones you like (a large number, probably at least 100) and cycle them? all the slogans right next to the logo, changing every 5-10 seconds? I dunno about you but i think this is much better than having a single slogan.

X-Droid-X

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-16 19:45:37

But... I'm an angsty teen :(

"I don't turn water to to wine but to cold coors light, I'm not Jesus I know, but I got that hydroponic shit that me and Judas grow"

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-16 19:53:24

At 2/16/06 07:45 PM, -DaftPunk- wrote: But... I'm an angsty teen :(

I've seen angstyer

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-16 20:11:40

Umm, Tom, you forgot to change the Title on the main page, It still shows up as Newgrounds - Problems of the Future, Today! on the title bar.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-16 20:33:30

At 2/16/06 05:48 PM, redface wrote: I can't Understand why people don't like the new slogan and header.

It's because they suck, I hope that cleared things up.

all good things must come too an end

What you're saying is taht the old newgrounds was good, and it sucks that it ended.
Way to use expressions you don't understand.

Newgrounds will always hold a special place in my heart because it taught me how to formulate my opinions and to always argue your point of the story. i feel like, on newgrounds, for the three years I've been here ( two of those years spent as a user), i feel as though I haven't only grown as a user, I've also grown as a Human Being. I played some really good games here, games whose caliber i thought could rival actual console titles, and i saw cartoons That I thought needed to be on TV. I see users such as darkarchon, F00D, _matt_, and Bonusstage and see them not only as fellow users, but as friends.

You know what's funny, when you were "Growing as a human and user" and making friends and having a good time. Neither the new shitty header or the crappy "Save the Trees" slogan was present. In other words, the change wasn't needed, people have fun either way. Changing the slogan would only piss people off (As shown in practice) last time I checked newgrounds' traffic isn't coming from elder people and parents, it's from their kids and grand kids who are very "In your face" and whether or not that's what the site acutally is, doesn't matter. They get that idea and will eventually turn into good members.

the more Newgrounds grows and thrives, it becomes bigger as a business, and needs too appeal to a more massive audiance every day. Thats why i think there is a new header, and a new slogan. and, in a way, we are the same, we grow, and we meet new people, and we broaden our horizons.

Oh yeah they sure are suceeding, the new header displaying the MATURE section near the PSP and WEBCAMS and the first thing that loads on the front page is a picture of a chick in a bikini and glasses as it says "BE A PIMP". Yeah go team. Don't forget "Web Content" aka "NAKED PEOPLE ON TAPE LOL". Yeah I can see how this new header and retarded slogan totally chagned how newgrounds acts and what content is provides.

LAUGH!
The slogan change was not needed, the header would be ok, but if the header comes with that stupid slogan than switch to the old one please

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-16 20:37:20

At 2/16/06 08:33 PM, Flameo-Ninja wrote: shit talk

way to be negative, ass-hat.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-16 20:39:34

plz don't change the slogan u already changed enuf with the site update and u making real consle games. (although i got and really like AH for the cube!(^^))

;D

Sig by me.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-16 21:01:13

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-16 22:24:18

At 2/16/06 08:37 PM, redface wrote:
At 2/16/06 08:33 PM, Flameo-Ninja wrote: shit talk
way to be negative, ass-hat.

Way to be a retard, ASS-HAT (LOL ASS AND HATS)
People are allowed to dislike changing what the site was for 7 years.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-16 23:54:48

"EVERYTHING, BY EVERYONE."
Thats a great quote, which will need a little getting used to, but we will all remember,
"The problems of the future, Today!" in our hearts. Great job with the updates Tom!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-17 02:01:17

At 2/16/06 10:24 PM, Flameo-Ninja wrote: People are allowed to dislike changing what the site was for 7 years.

And people are supposed to know, that things change, whether they like it or not. If you don't like it, tough. Live with it.

At 2/16/06 11:54 PM, MarceloPosse wrote: "The problems of the future, Today!" in our hearts.

As we always will.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-17 04:25:43

Welcome to Newgrounds.com: Post bobs or GTFO.

FTW.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-17 06:53:58

At 2/15/06 12:26 PM, TomFulp wrote: With all the good coming from NG, I don't feel the need to put a negative spin on it. NG is no longer the problems of the future today, NG IS THE FUTURE, TODAY. I would change our slogan to "The Future is Now", but that was the Neo Geo slogan. Can you tell I get a lot of inspiration from SNK? :)

I just don't think that symbolises NG totally. I like the idea of a change.

As for the new slogan... I came up with it one day while I was in the shower. I was thinking about how NG has grown to include all sorts of content and is basically trying to be everything to everyone. Then I realized, NG is not everything to everyone, it's everything BY everyone... I think that's pretty NEAT.

That's good. How about one of mine? "Newgrounds - More cutting edge than a razor blade factory."

Comments please.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-17 07:07:13

Old was genius slogan. I can't understand why you call it negative or angry.It's irony, its funny ,and its not stuped.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-17 07:29:34

Can't wait for the new design, seems cool.
I like the new banner but it doesn't seem to fit with the design we have now.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-17 12:40:04

At 2/17/06 02:01 AM, InsOmniaC777 wrote:
At 2/16/06 10:24 PM, Flameo-Ninja wrote: People are allowed to dislike changing what the site was for 7 years.
And people are supposed to know, that things change, whether they like it or not. If you don't like it, tough. Live with it.

Do you realize how retarded that sentance is? "Things have to change whether they like it or not" seriously. Say that outloud. We HAVE to change things (As if it's a law) and a lot of people don't like it. And it seems no one gets that I don't mind a new slogan, but this "Everything by Everyone" is STUPID And seriously, you might as well put a "I <3 Trees" next ot it and have ads going to community service centers.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-17 13:00:10

I agree with Ninja the new slogan sucks * rhymes with chicks *
Why change a good thing after 7 years ? Wake up Tommy boy

HAPPY EASTERHappy EASTERhappy easter

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-17 13:48:20

At 2/15/06 07:43 PM, Stamper wrote:
At 2/15/06 07:17 PM, mofongo9 wrote: can someone tell me what font that is that tom is using in all his ads and shit lately?
LOL It's a custom font that we made.

But that's Century Gothic used for the slogan (Right?)

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-17 15:10:04

At 2/15/06 12:31 PM, bigexplosions wrote: Tom, if people hate the slogan so much, why can't it be like that thing in those pages of blammed movies and randomly change?

3 words...way too complex....

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-17 22:44:45

At 2/17/06 10:33 PM, Transkar wrote: Will all u ass kissers shut up. The new one is a piece of shit. Keep it original.

Being different is being original, keeping it the same is not.
Everything from Everyone fits newgrounds perfectly.

I dont care if its not "Edgey", its logicaly and flows well.

That said, I am biased, it goes well with my slogan I made up ages ago for a hypothetical augmented reality internet. ("Anything, Anywhere")

Rateoholic- my "review anything you can think of and it tries to correlate your tastes to other peoples" site. (-sigh- I need a better slogan....)

Or watch our reviewshow

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-18 01:45:03

At 2/16/06 11:54 PM, MarceloPosse wrote: "EVERYTHING, BY EVERYONE."
Thats a great quote, which will need a little getting used to, but we will all remember,
"The problems of the future, Today!" in our hearts. Great job with the updates Tom!

the new quote is ok but the old one is still the best!

"The Problems Of The Future, TODAY!

NG Slogan

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-18 04:22:25

"All Uncensored, Unrated Content rated by thousands!" Of course that means you are going to have to uncensor NG again.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-18 16:53:07

NG is growing up *sniffle* they grow up so fast...
wow i'm glad to see how NG can grow up but still keep it's edge. I have been surfing NG almost every day for over 4 years and I've never gotten bored of it.
thanks NG, for everything (by everyone).
I'll miss the old slogan but it was getting a bit old anyway, keep up the good work.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-18 18:28:33

Im fine with there being a different slogan, but it should at least be something funny! Everything by Everyone is stupid.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-18 20:12:52

As something, like this site, moves forward into difficult territory, things need to change. I enjoyed the classic slogan, but we cannot cling to the past. "Everything, by Everyone" shows the true community aspect of the site, making visitors feel like they are an important part of the site, whether it be a talented flash artist or a viewer who can appreciate good flash.

The old slogan does not fit with the site as much as it did. Though there is adult content, there are some amazing animations on the site that rival the quality and heart of content on T.V., film, or any other site. "Everything, by Everyone" lets us look forward, so it is an excellent replacement.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-19 02:56:31

I think the slogan should be "The Beginning of the End" because basically its like takeing over you computer hours and your life. It could be used any way you want to make it.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-19 03:24:29

Hey Tom/Wade, I hope you're reading this because I got some slogan suggestions =)

- NewGrounds.com - All your flashes are belong to us!
- NewGrounds.com - All your flashes belong to us!

One of those two, they look quite good imo ;)

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-19 13:54:30

At 2/19/06 03:24 AM, BlackVivi wrote: Hey Tom/Wade, I hope you're reading this because I got some slogan suggestions =)

- NewGrounds.com - All your flashes are belong to us!
- NewGrounds.com - All your flashes belong to us!

One of those two, they look quite good imo ;)

Dude, that's even worse than Everything by everyone. All your base has been so over done that a slogan like that would actually make less people come here.

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-19 17:32:00

I like the new NG solgan it fits better with the site

Response to NG Slogan 2006-02-19 21:53:37

I though about a few slogans that might be good, i figured wecould have something that represented the power that users had to either keep or blam submissions.

Newgrounds, power to all!

Newgrounds, the power is yours!

The future lies in our hands!

what do u think?