00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dumbuhgly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The War Crew

86,048 Views | 1,591 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-16 19:55:05

At 10/16/05 06:16 PM, seventy-one wrote: Ok, quiz question for no points:

What role did the end of the Cold War play in furthering globalization?

While I'm still waiting for the answer to the question above. Nomader, I found Civilization IV-preorder edition, being sold here. I'm not sure if its legit, although the CIV website linked to it, its too good to be true, right?

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-16 20:14:17

At 10/16/05 07:55 PM, seventy-one wrote: While I'm still waiting for the answer to the question above. Nomader, I found Civilization IV-preorder edition, being sold here. I'm not sure if its legit, although the CIV website linked to it, its too good to be true, right?

Nah. You shoulda seen what Rome Total War came with standard - a map, an amazing quality instruction booklet - but you really don't need all that crap now do you?

Too lazy to answer... :/

To MarchingTyrants:

You play Maplestory? Lol...

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Review Request Club // Former Wi/Ht? Regular

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-16 20:21:07

At 10/16/05 08:14 PM, Nomader wrote:
At 10/16/05 07:55 PM, seventy-one wrote: While I'm still waiting for the answer to the question above. Nomader, I found Civilization IV-preorder edition, being sold here. I'm not sure if its legit, although the CIV website linked to it, its too good to be true, right?
Nah. You shoulda seen what Rome Total War came with standard - a map, an amazing quality instruction booklet - but you really don't need all that crap now do you?

No, I aint talking about that, I talking about the price. $36 bucks, its going for $50 on all the other links that Firaxis (maker of Civ) is giving.

Too lazy to answer... :/

Oh come on, at least a sentence, just a vaugue idea. Please, at least a nudge.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-16 22:36:19

At 10/16/05 08:21 PM, seventy-one wrote: Oh come on, at least a sentence, just a vaugue idea. Please, at least a nudge.

Times up no one gets it....

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-16 22:54:08

At 10/16/05 10:36 PM, seventy-one wrote:
At 10/16/05 08:21 PM, seventy-one wrote: Oh come on, at least a sentence, just a vaugue idea. Please, at least a nudge.
This is my answer:

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-16 22:56:38

At 10/16/05 10:54 PM, Nomader wrote:
At 10/16/05 10:36 PM, seventy-one wrote:
This is my answer:
Dude, I'm having so much fun with that new trick

:Although I'm not good at creating spaces between the writings, I think *e-prays it works...

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-17 13:27:44

so i havent been on ng caz the internet bill wasent payed and the only reson i can put this on here is caz im at comunity college and it has internet wooot! but ill try to post some stuff with you guys later if i have time or i just have to wait till i get the internet back at my casa

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-17 15:40:41

At 10/17/05 01:27 PM, falcontrigger wrote: so i havent been on ng caz the internet bill wasent payed and the only reson i can put this on here is caz im at comunity college and it has internet wooot! but ill try to post some stuff with you guys later if i have time or i just have to wait till i get the internet back at my casa

Sounds good! Cya round!

Anyhow, let's get posting people

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-18 02:29:59

Crazy! The War Crew is on the 20th page! This is good! Later today, I will promote some soldiers. Stay tuned.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-18 02:53:28

At 10/15/05 09:11 PM, marchingtyrants wrote: go figure.....

English: A
A Maths: F
E maths: D-
Biology: B
Chemistry: C-
DnT: F
Health Economics: C
Russian: F
Japanese: F
Geography: B
History: A+
Literature: C
Art: B
Political Studies: A
Pure Science: A

dont ask

LOL Thats a lot of classes, there. I still remember my senior high school grades:

Concert Band: A+
Marching Band: A
Drumline: A+
Geography: A+
Physiology: C
American Government: B-
Pre-Calculus with Trigonometry : B-
English 12: B
JROTC: A+
Spanish V: A
Japanese IV: C+

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-19 21:22:13

At 10/18/05 02:29 AM, GeneralMBison wrote: Crazy! The War Crew is on the 20th page! This is good! Later today, I will promote some soldiers. Stay tuned.

it adlredy been a day and im still waiting supreme

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-19 22:44:12

At 10/18/05 02:53 AM, GeneralMBison wrote: Concert Band: A+

You play in your band? What do you play?

I play the piano, and I used to play the clarinet, but my elementry school band teacher was so bad, I quit.

Current Band... heh:

Begginner Band: A+

98%

I'm now moving to the tuba - the amazing band director (he's incredible) is making me play Baritone through first semester, as I've never played a brass before, and is then switching me to the tuba/susaphone.

I love it XD

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-21 23:22:27

my god no one is even talking for two days straigt, i hope that this club isnt dead

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-21 23:29:39

At 10/21/05 11:22 PM, brandon_ross wrote: my god no one is even talking for two days straigt, i hope that this club isnt dead

Lets hope not, although I think it might be only to be revived when someone makes another club like this and a mod locks it and posts a link to this one.

In other news: http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/home.htm

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-21 23:48:11

At 10/21/05 11:29 PM, seventy-one wrote:
At 10/21/05 11:22 PM, brandon_ross wrote: my god no one is even talking for two days straigt, i hope that this club isnt dead
Lets hope not, although I think it might be only to be revived when someone makes another club like this and a mod locks it and posts a link to this one.

In other news: http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/home.htm

In determination to keep the conversation on topic, Nomader goes bold

Roman History

The Battle of Carrhae was a battle that could have easily been avoided.

Marcus Crassus, member of the First Triumvirate, was vieing for superiourity in Rome. Crassus marched into Parthia, with roughly 35,000 men. Despite warnings from his ally, Artavasdes II of Armenia to attack Parthia from Armenia, where the mountains would render the Parthian cavalry useless, Crassus carried on through the deserts of Mesopetamia.

In the Battle of Carrhae, the Roman cavalry, the protection for the legions, was quickly surrounded and slaughtered, and even some of the men commited suicide. The legions were then subsequently slaughtered, and afterwards, a series of smaller battles took place, resulting in 20,000 dead Romans, and 10,000 captured Romans.

Here's the question:

After Crassus was already killed, they poured gold down his throat. Later, the head was given to Hyrodes of Armenia, who became steadfast allies Artavasdes II. The head was used as what later on? (some sources say this)

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-23 00:24:44

hey come to <A>combatgrounds.com im newbie5 on there and it fun

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-23 00:51:22

At 10/19/05 10:44 PM, Nomader wrote:
At 10/18/05 02:53 AM, GeneralMBison wrote: Concert Band: A+
You play in your band? What do you play?

I used to play the Flute but I didn't like it so i changed to playing the Trumpet and i still play it and I still play the drums. Mostly the drumset.

I play the piano, and I used to play the clarinet, but my elementry school band teacher was so bad, I quit.

Current Band... heh:

Begginner Band: A+

98%

I'm now moving to the tuba - the amazing band director (he's incredible) is making me play Baritone through first semester, as I've never played a brass before, and is then switching me to the tuba/susaphone.

I love it XD

My best friend is good with the baritone and he says its good playing that. He was the drum major for marching band.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-23 00:56:24

At 10/19/05 09:22 PM, brandon_ross wrote:
At 10/18/05 02:29 AM, GeneralMBison wrote: Crazy! The War Crew is on the 20th page! This is good! Later today, I will promote some soldiers. Stay tuned.
it adlredy been a day and im still waiting supreme

Didn't you read this rule to be promoted:

Plus here is a rule for officers (officers are soldiers that have the rank of Major and above): Every officer (expect Lieutenant General, and General) will be promoted every 5 pages of this crew, so don't ask to be promoted to the next rank if you are an officer. Same goes for every other ranks. Don't ask yourself to be promoted only if someone else tells me to promote the person he choses then I'll see.

so mostly the ranks will stay the same but only one will get promoted:
brandon_ross to Brigadier General.

Here is the ranks:
Ranks (This will update a lot of times):
Supreme Commander: GeneralMBison (founder)
General: redglare1, ChurroNG, Nomader
Lieutenant General: seventy-one
Major General: marchingtyrants
Brigadier General: brandon_ross
Colonel:
Lieutenant Colonel:
Major:
Captain: falcontrigger
Lieutenant: canada_rocker
Second Lieutenant:
Sergeant Major:
Master Sergeant:
First Sergeant:
Gunnery Sergeant: Vamite
Staff Sergeant:
Sergeant: SHAITH_HEAD
Corporal:
Lance Corporal:
Private First Class: Emumember
Private: KjartanT, -bloodskater, thegodofwolves

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-23 01:03:45

At 10/23/05 12:54 AM, marchingtyrants wrote: congratulations on our General! Not a F on sight! I play ALL the brass instruments in my band. Most preferably the trumpet. I like to annoy people with it using high notes.

lol - hulariousness

to nomader.
WTF is so wrong about playing maplestory? the WoW beta version here just ended.

Um... I play Maplestory. Just I'm not allowed to during the week. Although recently, Bera's been acting up for me, and I can't figure out why...

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-23 01:04:54

At 10/21/05 11:48 PM, Nomader wrote:
After Crassus was already killed, they poured gold down his throat. Later, the head was given to Hyrodes of Armenia, who became steadfast allies Artavasdes II. The head was used as what later on? (some sources say this)

I don't know, but I would like to know the answer to this.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-23 01:14:18

If you guys want to know what happened in the MLG Los Angeles tournamant, don't tell me how i do. I got 10th place out of 88. I was so close to go to New York City. Oh well there is next year. Good luck to the others going to NYC.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-23 01:16:50

At 10/23/05 01:04 AM, seventy-one wrote:
At 10/21/05 11:48 PM, Nomader wrote:
I don't know, but I would like to know the answer to this.

I have a feeling that nobody will guess it, So I'll answer it.

During a performance of Bacchae of Euripides, it was used as a prop, standing in for Pentheus' head in the final scene. (see Crassus' disaster in Wikipedia )

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-23 01:20:22

At 10/23/05 01:16 AM, Nomader wrote:
I have a feeling that nobody will guess it, So I'll answer it.

During a performance of Bacchae of Euripides, it was used as a prop, standing in for Pentheus' head in the final scene. (see Crassus' disaster in Wikipedia )

I should have used the Wiki, Google didn't help. That however, is an interesting story/question & answer to say the least.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-23 15:32:29

can i join this club?

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-23 15:41:38

At 10/23/05 03:32 PM, Twerpo wrote: can i join this club?

yes you can. Your rank is Private.

At 10/23/05 03:24 PM, Dark6 wrote: What a lame crew, peace man, peace.

You suck! There will be peace, but it will only last for a while. So shut up and learn whats happening.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-23 16:03:51

At 10/23/05 03:07 AM, marchingtyrants wrote: interesting question: Who is the real Saviour for USSR during i ts wars?

Lenin? I personally don't care, and/or to lazy to look it up....

You suck! There will be peace, but it will only last for a while. So shut up and learn whats happening.

Ok listen. We do not flame people with stuff like that. Simply email a moderator (i.e. Ozcar), and they'll take care of it.

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-23 16:26:59

Says the starter of the hippy crew.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-23 19:58:27

oh i didnt know

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-23 21:41:22

At 10/23/05 04:26 PM, seventy-one wrote:

lol

And he can't even use say stuff that makes since! - "Peace man, Peace" - we get it the first time! Geezus!

*Completly ridicules hippies*

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-24 01:33:04

At 10/23/05 09:41 PM, Nomader wrote:
At 10/23/05 04:26 PM, seventy-one wrote:
lol

And he can't even use say stuff that makes since! - "Peace man, Peace" - we get it the first time! Geezus!

*Completly ridicules hippies*

lol

Maybe we could have a rival crew starting. Oh well.

"Peace man, Peace" That is hippy style there or is he want something?