00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DARXVEL just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The War Crew

86,136 Views | 1,591 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-03 00:01:39

At 10/2/05 11:16 PM, Nomader wrote:
At 10/2/05 10:30 PM, seventy-one wrote: In the Korean War, what was the Operational code-name for the prisoner of war exchange, between the UN Allies and the Communist?
Can I give you the answer tomarrow afternoon?

Sure, if its afternoon eastern time, you'll have to wait awhile, but sure.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-03 10:52:04

operation little swicth

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-03 15:27:31

Does anyone know? Neither do I. Perhaps the answer isn't in Google but Altavista or something. But I don't feel like looking through all the pages on all the search engines today, so we need a volunteer, or someone who knows the answer.

At 10/2/05 10:01 AM, Nomader wrote: I was promoted!?! That wasn't expected...

Well done General Nomader, your contribution to the crew has been long appreciated.

Random fact:Led Zeppelin's song "Houses of the Holy" did not feature on the album of the same name (it was on "Physical Graffiti"). Oh yeah, and post count+1.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-03 15:29:12

Hang on, the answer was already posted. Damn.

Random fact:Led Zeppelin's song "Houses of the Holy" did not feature on the album of the same name (it was on "Physical Graffiti"). Oh yeah, and post count+1.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-03 16:03:28

At 10/3/05 03:29 PM, ChurroNG wrote: Hang on, the answer was already posted. Damn.

Heh... don't worry about it.

About that "post tomarrow afternoon" thing...

*hands point to seventy-one*

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Review Request Club // Former Wi/Ht? Regular

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-03 17:56:33

At 10/3/05 04:03 PM, Nomader wrote:

gives point to Redglare for getting little switch, I'll post another question in about 45min-1 hour, so hang tight.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-03 18:39:02

At 10/3/05 05:56 PM, seventy-one wrote:
At 10/3/05 04:03 PM, Nomader wrote:
gives point to Redglare for getting little switch, I'll post another question in about 45min-1 hour, so hang tight.

Right now let me do one:

What war was named after a drug?

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-03 18:40:56

At 10/3/05 06:39 PM, GeneralMBison wrote:
Right now let me do one:

I was about to post that exact same question lol. So I'll give everyone else a try.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-03 18:44:19

At 10/3/05 06:40 PM, seventy-one wrote:
At 10/3/05 06:39 PM, GeneralMBison wrote:
Right now let me do one:

I was about to post that exact same question lol. So I'll give everyone else a try.

Oooo...I readed your mind.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-03 18:44:23

At 10/3/05 06:39 PM, GeneralMBison wrote: Right now let me do one:

The Opium War

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-03 19:22:39

Assuming Nomader is right, NEXT QUESTION:

In April 1982, Argentine forces invaded the Falkand Islands sparking a furious political response, and the United Nations passed a Resolution. Which was it?(The number of the resolution)?

After three more questions the top three and me will advance to the final round.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-03 19:43:00

At 10/3/05 06:44 PM, Nomader wrote:
At 10/3/05 06:39 PM, GeneralMBison wrote: Right now let me do one:

The Opium War

Correct!

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-03 21:31:27

At 10/3/05 07:22 PM, seventy-one wrote: Assuming Nomader is right, NEXT QUESTION:

In April 1982, Argentine forces invaded the Falkand Islands sparking a furious political response, and the United Nations passed a Resolution. Which was it?(The number of the resolution)?

After three more questions the top three and me will advance to the final round.

I can't tell you the number... but I can tell you pretty much the basics about what happened XD (the history of the war)

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-03 21:38:43

At 10/3/05 09:31 PM, Nomader wrote:

I can't tell you the number... but I can tell you pretty much the basics about what happened XD (the history of the war)

Very well, right me a brief paragraph about the resolution, and/or the UN's involvement in the war.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-03 23:09:35

At 10/3/05 09:38 PM, seventy-one wrote:
At 10/3/05 09:31 PM, Nomader wrote:

Very well, right me a brief paragraph about the resolution, and/or the UN's involvement in the war.

Never mind - it's number... 3014 UN Resolution.

This is the beggining of the offical UN Article:

Minister for Foreign Affairs of Argentina Speaks; Committee Also Adopts Text on Information from Non-Self-Governing Territories

The Governments of Argentina and the United Kingdom were requested to resume negotiations in order to find a peaceful solution to the dispute over the Falkland Islands (Malvinas), according to a resolution adopted without a vote this afternoon by the Special Committee on the Situation with Regard to the Implementation of the Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples.

Also by that text, the Committee expressed regret that implementation of General Assembly resolutions on the issue had not yet begun, in spite of the widespread international support for negotiations between the two Governments. The Committee reiterated its firm support for the mission of good offices of the Secretary-General in order to assist the parties in complying with General Assembly resolutions on the issue. It also decided to keep the issue under review. Speaking before the vote, Guido Di Tella, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Argentina, said that there was currently a habit of politicizing everything from trivial issues to issues that were not trivial, such as fisheries, oil and tourism. The problem was that both the islanders and Argentineans were suspicious that each side was trying to get the political advantage. All sides needed to put an end to the present situation. It was essential to normalize every aspect of relations in order to live a normal life, side by side, in the South Atlantic.

Jan Cheek, a representative of the Falkland Islands Government, said the people of the Falkland Islands had a right to self-determination and looked to the Special Committee to recognize that right. It offended a sense of natural justice to see countries enjoying rights that they wished to deny to others. She asked that the Committee support the Falkland Islands in resisting attempts by Argentina to make the Islands its colony in the South Atlantic. The people of the Falkland Islands had the right to freely determine its political status, and the people chose to retain their association with the United Kingdom as an overseas territory.

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-04 00:07:03

Correct Nomader, tonight everyone will have to rest up for tommorrow's questions.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-04 12:19:34

sorry i hadnt been posting a while for two reason one i got a psp and played it too much and two i been trying to download music so it took to long anyway high everyone

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-04 12:53:47

At 10/4/05 12:07 AM, seventy-one wrote: Correct Nomader, tonight everyone will have to rest up for tommorrow's questions.

about that what timezones are you guys in it seems like theres been 5 question done every time i wake up.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-04 18:54:02

At 10/4/05 12:53 PM, redglare1 wrote:
At 10/4/05 12:07 AM, seventy-one wrote: Correct Nomader, tonight everyone will have to rest up for tommorrow's questions.
about that what timezones are you guys in it seems like theres been 5 question done every time i wake up.

I'm at the Pacific Timezone. (You already know this redglare1.)

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-04 18:56:24

I go by Newgrounds Standard Time (NST), better known for Eastern Standard Time (EST), which is on the East Coast of the US... etc.

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-04 18:57:40

Pacific, but Nomader and I are on at generally the same time, so I post questions, he posts answers, this process goes on for a long time.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-04 19:27:51

At 10/4/05 06:57 PM, seventy-one wrote: Pacific, but Nomader and I are on at generally the same time, so I post questions, he posts answers, this process goes on for a long time.

My version of it is this: Get Home - post

Although, my grades are suffering because of it... I may have to lessen my post load on weekends, and trough it on during the weekends :/

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-04 19:33:07

At 10/4/05 07:27 PM, Nomader wrote:
At 10/4/05 06:57 PM, seventy-one wrote: Pacific, but Nomader and I are on at generally the same time, so I post questions, he posts answers, this process goes on for a long time.
My version of it is this: Get Home - post

Although, my grades are suffering because of it... I may have to lessen my post load on weekends, and trough it on during the weekends :/

My version: Get Home-post-eat dinner-post

No room for homework in there. I'm getting C's across the board because of it. :-( Starting Monday though, I will focus more on my homework so help me God.

If I had a penny for everytime I said that...

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-04 19:36:52

I've got it, I will limit myself to somewhere between 15-20 posts per day (you guys decide the exact amount) and I will start tonight, including everything from this date (even last night), everything on 10/04

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-04 19:47:24

At 10/4/05 07:36 PM, seventy-one wrote: I've got it, I will limit myself to somewhere between 15-20 posts per day (you guys decide the exact amount) and I will start tonight, including everything from this date (even last night), everything on 10/04

Alright then - I'm limiting myself to 50 posts per day (maybe 60... who knows?) on Newgrounds, and 30 posts per day on Retrogade... this does not include of course voting on submissions, which I rather do need.

I definitly do need to get my homework sitsuation under control.

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-04 19:52:23

At 10/4/05 07:47 PM, Nomader wrote:
At 10/4/05 07:36 PM, seventy-one wrote: I've got it, I will limit myself to somewhere between 15-20 posts per day (you guys decide the exact amount) and I will start tonight, including everything from this date (even last night), everything on 10/04
Alright then - I'm limiting myself to 50 posts per day (maybe 60... who knows?) on Newgrounds, and 30 posts per day on Retrogade... this does not include of course voting on submissions, which I rather do need.

50 posts per day? Sweet Jesus man. I've made up my mind. It will be 13 posts per day, then I will do homework. When I'm done with homework I will do extra credit, when I'm done with extra credit I will organize my backpack, when I'm done organizing my backpack, I will reread everything, when I'm done with that, I will take a nap. I will return @ 9, which brings up a sleep issue (I just can't get myself away). Oh well, three more posts to go...
Starting next post.

I <3 how I'm getting around this rule.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-05 18:42:31

At 10/4/05 07:47 PM, Nomader wrote:

It sucks having homework.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-08 10:43:05

we each have our different opinions and favorite guns i prefer the thompson because of those hollywood ganster flicks but my all time favorite gun is an ak47 maybe if you told us why he liked it better we could have a debate.

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-08 21:54:54

What percent of the american population died in the American Civil War? (Including Confedrates), BONUS: What percent of Americans died in the Revolutionary war (exclude British)?

Response to The War Crew 2005-10-09 06:49:54

At 10/8/05 09:54 PM, seventy-one wrote: What percent of the american population died in the American Civil War? (Including Confedrates), BONUS: What percent of Americans died in the Revolutionary war (exclude British)?

the revolutionary war will be impossible to tell as like all civil wars and revolutions there are so many factions like the african slaves,natives and american loyalist who considered themselves British so theres no way to get an exact percentage.