00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Skarp-Mahoney just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The War Crew

85,768 Views | 1,591 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The War Crew 2005-11-26 11:39:00

ok nomander thanks for the info,i was wondering if this club had talked about world war 2 if not do i have a story for you.

Response to The War Crew 2005-11-26 14:22:22

At 11/26/05 11:39 AM, CrimsonRocker wrote: ok nomander thanks for the info,i was wondering if this club had talked about world war 2 if not do i have a story for you.

yes we talked about world war 2 several times and its good to see you back churro been awhile. feel free to tell us your story.

Response to The War Crew 2005-11-28 11:48:59

At 11/26/05 02:22 PM, RedGlare wrote:
yes we talked about world war 2 several times and its good to see you back churro been awhile. feel free to tell us your story.

Yes, sorry I've been away, I've had a lot of concerns involving academics and my friends at school, therefore I haven't had much free time and I've had to NG off for a bit. now, however, I'm going to make sure that any spare time I have at the moment is devoted to NG.

Involving the crew right now I seee there is a new thing going on with commanding armies, and I have a suggestion: what about taking the weather into consideration? if it's cold, unused equipment might freeze up, if it's mid winter, there might be frost on the ground so tanks have to drive very carefully etc.

This only a suggestion however, you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

Random fact:Led Zeppelin's song "Houses of the Holy" did not feature on the album of the same name (it was on "Physical Graffiti"). Oh yeah, and post count+1.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-11-28 11:58:02

At 11/28/05 11:48 AM, ChurroNG wrote:
At 11/26/05 02:22 PM, RedGlare wrote:
Involving the crew right now I seee there is a new thing going on with commanding armies, and I have a suggestion: what about taking the weather into consideration? if it's cold, unused equipment might freeze up, if it's mid winter, there might be frost on the ground so tanks have to drive very carefully etc.

oh come on man this is hard enough as it is and we don't have much intrest here all our guys even bison seem to have gone awol but feel free to make your own scenario general.

Response to The War Crew 2005-11-29 15:30:34

So what are we going to do now?

Random fact:Led Zeppelin's song "Houses of the Holy" did not feature on the album of the same name (it was on "Physical Graffiti"). Oh yeah, and post count+1.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-11-29 16:30:16

At 11/29/05 03:30 PM, ChurroNG wrote: So what are we going to do now?

do about what the scenarios or everyone going awol? if its awol then as generals i think we run the crew until bison returns.

Response to The War Crew 2005-11-29 16:43:43

I wanna be a sniper with a jetpack.

Response to The War Crew 2005-11-29 16:58:37

At 11/29/05 04:43 PM, Time_Paradox wrote: I wanna be a sniper with a jetpack.

wrong club we have a rank system only plus how the hell could you snipe with a jetpack! you'd need a rocket launsher to be of anyuse and jetpacks are jerky unreliable and have low fuel time.

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-08 23:03:21

what is up noone is posting here anymore!our club used to be da-bomb where is everyone know!hopefully people will start posting here again seeing that i posted something to talk about!

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-14 21:13:36

The commander is back! Sorry for playing hooky for a while. Too much college work and USC football games going to. Ok tell me what is happened during the time I was gone then I will see what will do. Who is back for awol and who entered the crew new?

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-14 21:28:23

Finally someone posts here ive been waiting for this club to fire pack up!This club used to be the bomb and then everyone quit posting.

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-15 01:45:31

Is it allright if I join this thread? I'm going into the military, so im fairly up to date on wars and such.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-17 03:30:16

Ok, firstly, sorry for double posting, but it HAS been 2 days. Obviously this thread is in need of a good starter topic, so I'll try and get one going (help me out here!):

What do you think the next big war will be like (say, world war 3 or something). More specifically, what roles will each military element (Army, Navy, Air Force) play, and even, going into detail about certain aspects.

Myself, I believe the next large-scale war will be 99% urban combat, seeing as the world is so developed. Tanks will not play a large role, as urban combat restricts their assets. You turn a corner in a tank while in a city, you could get destroyed before you ever knew what happened.

Air Superiority will be invaluable, as it allows for destruction of enemy equipment and personell. You can take out a whackload of enemy soldiers using a MOAB (which is a bomb about the size of a school bus).

I don't see there being much use for Navies as they are today. Sure Aircraft Carriers will be an asset, but mostly submarines may play the largest role.

Ok, thats all I got in a nutshell. Hopefully someone will respond, and this thread will live again. If not, well, shit happens, I guess. Some mod will shut it down (give us like 5 days. If no posts by then, I say Giv'er)

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-17 05:30:18

I'm not completely certain, but I know that world leaders must try and prevent it. Now all you have to do during war is press a button and 60,000 people will die.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-17 14:14:00

At 12/17/05 05:30 AM, ChurroNG wrote: I'm not completely certain, but I know that world leaders must try and prevent it. Now all you have to do during war is press a button and 60,000 people will die.

Yes, they do have that ability. However, many of those leaders wouldn't have the nads to carry it out. It's seen as "shooting someone in the back", and wouldn't be the proper way to kill people (like there is any...)

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-17 15:42:20

At 12/15/05 01:45 AM, K-Pingu wrote: Is it allright if I join this thread? I'm going into the military, so im fairly up to date on wars and such.
At 12/17/05 03:30 AM, K-Pingu wrote: Ok, firstly, sorry for double posting, but it HAS been 2 days. Obviously this thread is in need of a good starter topic, so I'll try and get one going (help me out here!):

Sorry about that, yeah you can join. And kudos for trying to keep this thread active. I believe the next "big" war will be that of nuclear weapons. Unless something will be done about them. If Sadamm had WMD's he would have used them as 'one last stand' we were lucky he didn't nuke a neighboring country. Now it seems everyone is getting nukes, even crazy maniacs. If we even dare to attack another region (unless they don't have nukes) we would likely start world war III. So from here on out, it seems like no wars or one final war.

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-19 13:08:48

At 12/17/05 02:14 PM, K-Pingu wrote:
At 12/17/05 05:30 AM, ChurroNG wrote: I'm not completely certain, but I know that world leaders must try and prevent it. Now all you have to do during war is press a button and 60,000 people will die.
Yes, they do have that ability. However, many of those leaders wouldn't have the nads to carry it out. It's seen as "shooting someone in the back", and wouldn't be the proper way to kill people (like there is any...)

what they wouldn't have the nads because using such weapons is suicide why do you think so many countries gave up those weapons programs. if america and russia have enough nukes and bio and chemical weapons to wipe out the world 30 or 40 times what chance does anyone have?

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-19 13:40:53

At 12/17/05 03:30 AM, K-Pingu wrote: Ok, firstly, sorry for double posting, but it HAS been 2 days. Obviously this thread is in need of a good starter topic, so I'll try and get one going (help me out here!):

What do you think the next big war will be like (say, world war 3 or something). More specifically, what roles will each military element (Army, Navy, Air Force) play, and even, going into detail about certain aspects.

this has been done before man .

Myself, I believe the next large-scale war will be 99% urban combat, seeing as the world is so developed. Tanks will not play a large role, as urban combat restricts their assets. You turn a corner in a tank while in a city, you could get destroyed before you ever knew what happened.

true but there are small apcs and jeep type vehicles which can manoever easily.

Air Superiority will be invaluable, as it allows for destruction of enemy equipment and personell. You can take out a whackload of enemy soldiers using a MOAB (which is a bomb about the size of a school bus).

you'd also kill civilians and simple decoys can full jets i.e the yugoslavian hundreds of the U.N.s finest jets and bombers believed they took out most of the serbian tank forces but in reality all they blew up were small decoys (trucks covered with cardboard and camoulflage netting and a pipe for a turret)

I don't see there being much use for Navies as they are today. Sure Aircraft Carriers will be an asset, but mostly submarines may play the largest role.

oh you did not just go there what kind of idiot thinks that? the navy is more important then ever it supplys armies over long distances they carry more accurate and deadly missiles then any aircraft, then theres amphibius assaults which rely on the Navy. Also how are you going to defend your supply lines planes can't carry enough supplys subs are ambush ships useless in defence air craft carriers are bulky and are exposed to other ships. every ship class was built for a reason.

Ok, thats all I got in a nutshell. Hopefully someone will respond, and this thread will live again. If not, well, shit happens, I guess. Some mod will shut it down (give us like 5 days. If no posts by then, I say Giv'er)

who are you to decide are fate? you just got here.

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-19 17:12:09

no dude i disagree if we smash they now, we can claim there oil and frighten terrorists

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-20 07:13:26

At 12/19/05 05:12 PM, chavbasher15 wrote: no dude i disagree if we smash they now, we can claim there oil and frighten terrorists

What the fuck are you talking about that has nothing to do with are current disscusion explain yourself or get out.

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-20 19:47:57

At 12/19/05 01:40 PM, RedGlare wrote: the navy is more important then ever it supplys armies over long distances

Thats more of the merchant side. I wasnt really thinking supplu ship-wise.

they carry more accurate and deadly missiles then any aircraft, then theres amphibius assaults which rely on the Navy.

I didnt think of that. We dont have Marines in Canada. Hell, the government closed down the Airborne Brigade.

Also how are you going to defend your supply lines planes can't carry enough supplys subs are ambush ships useless in defence air craft carriers are bulky and are exposed to other ships. every ship class was built for a reason.

Yeah, you have a point. I think I was basing my opinions on the military capabilities of my country. We dont have AC's or battleships. Our subs leak. we have 12 frigates, some coastal defense vessels, and a handful of destroyers. The US has a much more efficient Navy etc.

True. But you have to admit, the thread was dying.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-21 02:17:28

At 12/20/05 07:47 PM, K-Pingu wrote:
At 12/19/05 01:40 PM, RedGlare wrote: who are you to decide are fate? you just got here.

The men here were taking a (short) Christmas break. So was the commander, myself. I don't know about the navy as the strongest of the military. Over here (US) we have the Marines, Navy, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, and the National Guard. Each one is good in something.

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-22 07:21:29

I made this sig for any War Crew member to put on their sig signature to spread the word out to get new members in. You can put your name in it or fix it, if you want.

The War Crew

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-22 08:42:57

war

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-22 18:00:26

At 12/22/05 08:42 AM, chiklay3 wrote: war

what do you want?
By the way i made another sig of the war crew for the members who want to put this on their sig.

The War Crew

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-24 09:12:20

At 12/20/05 07:47 PM, K-Pingu wrote:
At 12/19/05 01:40 PM, RedGlare wrote: the navy is more important then ever it supplys armies over long distances
Thats more of the merchant side. I wasnt really thinking supplu ship-wise.

a dangerous mistake to make which if you were in a war would cost you much.

they carry more accurate and deadly missiles then any aircraft, then theres amphibius assaults which rely on the Navy.
I didnt think of that. We dont have Marines in Canada. Hell, the government closed down the Airborne Brigade.

then your screwed if your ever put on the defensive.

Also how are you going to defend your supply lines planes can't carry enough supplys subs are ambush ships useless in defence air craft carriers are bulky and are exposed to other ships. every ship class was built for a reason.

Yeah, you have a point. I think I was basing my opinions on the military capabilities of my country. We dont have AC's or battleships. Our subs leak. we have 12 frigates, some coastal defense vessels, and a handful of destroyers. The US has a much more efficient Navy etc.

hmmmm......... again you'll be screwed .

no it wasn't and even if it was it should have been left to rest in the abyss. Only the supreme commander can make such a desicion not some private who just got here.

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-25 12:33:15

At 12/24/05 09:12 AM, RedGlare wrote: a dangerous mistake to make which if you were in a war would cost you much.

Yeah. Good old crappy government...

no it wasn't and even if it was it should have been left to rest in the abyss. Only the supreme commander can make such a desicion not some private who just got here.

Thats true. I apoligise for that. I can see now that people were just off being busy with christmas shopping/exams/whatever. Sorry.

Ill give my future posts a bit more thought.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-25 21:24:49

At 12/25/05 12:33 PM, K-Pingu wrote:
At 12/24/05 09:12 AM, RedGlare wrote: no it wasn't and even if it was it should have been left to rest in the abyss. Only the supreme commander can make such a desicion not some private who just got here.
Thats true. I apoligise for that. I can see now that people were just off being busy with christmas shopping/exams/whatever. Sorry.

Ill give my future posts a bit more thought.

the general is right. now that Christmas is almost over, now we have the new year's eve party coming up. After that holiday then all of our soldiers will be back here in the War Crew.

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-25 22:45:30

Hmm. Okay. I apologise for all that. I'll get back in my foxhole now...once i finish digging it.

BBS Signature

Response to The War Crew 2005-12-26 09:08:29

At 12/25/05 10:45 PM, K-Pingu wrote: Hmm. Okay. I apologise for all that. I'll get back in my foxhole now...once i finish digging it.

apology excepted no what rank should you be normally you would be a private but we need more officers so how about corpral or somthing what do you think commander?
also a lot of clubs keep going by writing stories that could draw in some recruits.