00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheAntking just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

771,138 Views | 18,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-21 13:09:04

At 12/20/11 02:04 PM, reverend wrote: They had a nice musical number playing Scrooge's old business partner. Not sure what role Beaker played but it's probably minor.

I can't forget this moment.

What do you suppose they call that? A novelty act?

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-21 20:24:16

At 12/20/11 09:07 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: South Park has really declined in quality since they started conceiving the plot of episodes and creating them within six days.

They've always done that.

Also, I cooked for my mom the other day and she liked what I made. It always feels awesome to see someone enjoy what you made.

I know the feeling. :)

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-23 17:08:44

Alright, I'm getting closer to actually ready for Xmas now. I've not watched the usual movie marathon yet, but there will be time when I'm incapacitated, due to excesses of food and drink, no doubt.

I've still got maybe half a dozen presents to wrap, a couple of cards to write, a little more housework to do and some friends to chauffeur around the place, but it's for a good cause, so all good. I wonder if I can avoid being a part of the traditional family row this year?

My grandfather comes over for lunch tomorrow, followed by mum's family in the evening and all hell is scheduled to break loose any time from half 8 on Sunday morning, when my brother, the walrus and my two nieces and nephew arrive.

The best greetings of the season to you, one and all.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-23 19:33:55

At 12/21/11 08:24 PM, Twone wrote: They've always done that.

not according to the documentary I saw. Matt and Trey talked about it.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-24 08:01:01

A Muppet's Christmas Carol is now on TV. Too bad I woke up late and missed half of the movie. :P

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-24 09:53:40

Reverend, I gotta call you out for stealing my sig idea from a few years ago. Also, you should of hit me up when you made yours because I wasted almost a whole night saving all those little icons by typing their urls 1 by 1

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-24 10:29:27

At 12/23/11 07:33 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 12/21/11 08:24 PM, Twone wrote: They've always done that.
not according to the documentary I saw. Matt and Trey talked about it.

^This is true. They used toi take a lot longer to create an episode but now use much more advanced animation software as aposed to the stop motion that they used to use. And they also started writing more satirical storylines so it became important for them to be as fresh as they could. One episode in series 12 was apperantly re-edited on the day it was due to air.

At 12/24/11 08:01 AM, Bahamut wrote: A Muppet's Christmas Carol is now on TV. Too bad I woke up late and missed half of the movie. :P

Well know that's just lazy, it's Christmas eve so I guess you can get away with it. I've never seen The Muppets version of Christmas Carol, is it any good?

MERRY CHRISTMAS (for tomorrow) C&C REGS

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-24 14:11:02

I've seen a Muppet Christmas Carol many times since I was a kid. It is good. I usually watch it this time of year, among other movies.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-24 14:13:16

Happy Christmas everybody!

Where is the Starcraft thread, may I ask?

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-24 14:31:12

At 12/24/11 02:13 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: Happy Christmas everybody!

Top of the list in a BBS search. You were the last poster... Maybe you should bookmark it or something?

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-24 15:04:30

At 12/24/11 02:31 PM, Malachy wrote:

Top of the list in a BBS search. You were the last poster... Maybe you should bookmark it or something?

Huh. I wonder what happened there. I kept returning no search results. Thanks Mal-!

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-24 15:20:55

At 12/24/11 03:04 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
At 12/24/11 02:31 PM, Malachy wrote:

Huh. I wonder what happened there. I kept returning no search results. Thanks Mal-!

Probably doesn't help that the Starcraft thread is in the Video Games forum and you're asking about it in the Clubs & Crews Regulars Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-24 16:04:09

SHUT UP MAL THERS SOMEONE ELSE WHO PLAYS STARCRAFT IVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPP Y

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-24 16:04:27

also the reason i'm so happ y might be because im drunk

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-24 19:40:00

Happy Xmas you not so festive lot. If you're festive, season's greetings. If not, help yourself to a humbug from the pot.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-24 20:32:45

You know this thing the CC have been doing lately- fifening one of their movies up to the Top 50? Has anyone got a name for this stunt yet? Has there been much reaction to it?

I assume that once they arrive on T50 they are then zero-bombed down pretty low- yes?

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-25 07:30:42

At 12/24/11 07:40 PM, Coop wrote: Happy Xmas you not so festive lot. If you're festive, season's greetings. If not, help yourself to a humbug from the pot.

I'm going back to bed as all the Christmas cheer is bringing me out in a rash, maybe I should consult a doctor. Anyway I shall take your offer of a humbug good sir.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-25 16:17:30

At 12/24/11 08:32 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: You know this thing the CC have been doing lately- fifening one of their movies up to the Top 50? Has anyone got a name for this stunt yet? Has there been much reaction to it?

I assume that once they arrive on T50 they are then zero-bombed down pretty low- yes?

i've been doing that to all my flash submissions for the last five years

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2012-01-05 08:29:03

Seems like I'm a really popular driver on the 5th of January!

So I was driving to work this morning and we come up to a series of bottlenecks in the road, where one lane of traffic takes priority over the other. This is designed to save school children's lives and piss the parents off. We approach one of these and stand in a queue of traffic. I tell the two girls (delivering them for my mum en route to work, they really aren't my kids!) to jump out and head for school as normal.

The traffic isn't going anywhere, we're waiting for the path to clear out and some knob comes careering up the outside of me, basically in the middle of the road. I think he got the impression that we were all parking on double yellows and that he was going to try and pass us all. No dice.

Dumb fuck bottled the traffic up and not even a word of apology from this idiot - instead, he tries to barge through between the cars, mere inches from my wing mirror, seemingly to get between my vehicle and the car in front. Had he paid attention, he could have waited for me to pull away and followed me, or the car behind me, as he should have done.

I'm not that pissed, but since today is 1 year to the day since I had my accident, I'm a little jumpy this morning...

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2012-01-05 09:43:46

I had a similar experience driving through London once. First time driving in a few months, some woman tries to pull out in front of me across a lane of oncoming traffic. She's on a collision course with the front of the car, and I have no room whatsoever to reverse. I attempt to convey this to her but in return I receive only angry hand gestures. She eventually has to reverse back into the road she pulled out from because she's now blocking the oncoming traffic. Finally, after I've moved forwards as much as the traffic flow will allow, she pulls out behind me and has the audacity to throw the middle finger my way. Well played, madam.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2012-01-05 12:12:29

Shit like that makes me glad I'm not driving right now, although on the other hand, I really shouldn't rely on public transport forever. Today has felt rough with the traffic but then again, taking a bus that goes past a hospital along with road works isn't a good mix.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2012-01-07 11:51:02

At 1/5/12 09:43 AM, NEVR wrote: Finally, after I've moved forwards as much as the traffic flow will allow, she pulls out behind me and has the audacity to throw the middle finger my way. Well played, madam.

Ah, the middle finger - the last preserve of the idiotic motorist.

At 1/5/12 12:12 PM, Bahamut wrote: Shit like that makes me glad I'm not driving right now, although on the other hand, I really shouldn't rely on public transport forever.

While I wouldn't say that public transport in urban areas is a joy, it's certainly much more efficient than that at home. Waiting an hour for the bus is never fun, so I'm glad to have the car around here, particularly as friends live over 10 miles away from me.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2012-01-07 14:58:27

At 1/7/12 11:51 AM, Coop wrote: Waiting an hour for the bus is never fun, so I'm glad to have the car around here, particularly as friends live over 10 miles away from me.

My plan is just to spend all that time on the laptop and then get ready for my bus. If it's work, just make sure I'm dressed at least ten minutes before the bus arrives.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2012-01-07 18:38:07

Love my new car. It's so much nicer than my old one. And because I'm not fat the MPG is very good. Also got a proper quality keyring for my key on Friday as well. It was a nightmare getting it on but it was worth it.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2012-01-07 19:12:38

I like driving fine, I just hate driving in cities or with traffic. Some people may be perfectly reasonable and intelligent individuals but for some reason when they get behind the wheel they magically become fucktarded.

I don't own a car, my wife has a camry hybrid. It doesn't even use a key - it has this keyless entry and start - so long as you have the "key" in your pocket or bag or purse or whatever the car knows it's near and turns on the inside light and when you touch the door handle it unlocks the door. When you're ready to start the car knows the key is inside it (even if it's in the backseat in your backpack) and will let you start it.

I have a motorcycle that's in my name. I use it quite a bit but not at rush hour if I can help it - those fucktards on the road would just as well hit you and drive off without realizing their front end is all fucked up. Hell, I was nearly mowed down by an SUV a couple of months back just sitting at a stop light! Some retard didn't stop to think that the gap in the line of cars he wanted to be in was actually occupied. He played dumb when I yelled at him that he nearly drove over me.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2012-01-07 20:11:40

At 1/7/12 07:12 PM, Malachy wrote:
Hell, I was nearly mowed down by an SUV a couple of months back just sitting at a stop light!

Have you ever had to treat a stoplight like a stop sign? I've heard that some of the lights are activated by a weight thing on the road that a car can easily pass, but gives motorcyclists problems. As a result, some people have had to treat these red lights like stop signs because otherwise, they'll be at the light until someone else in a car shows up. Apparently even some cops are okay with this if it's done safely...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2012-01-07 20:35:16

At 1/7/12 08:11 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 1/7/12 07:12 PM, Malachy wrote:
Hell, I was nearly mowed down by an SUV a couple of months back just sitting at a stop light!
Have you ever had to treat a stoplight like a stop sign? I've heard that some of the lights are activated by a weight thing on the road that a car can easily pass, but gives motorcyclists problems. As a result, some people have had to treat these red lights like stop signs because otherwise, they'll be at the light until someone else in a car shows up. Apparently even some cops are okay with this if it's done safely...

Yes, there were a few lights in a small town I used to live in that used those sensors. Basically there's a magnet under the road and you can usually tell where it is because there are some strange patterns in the asphalt. When a big metal thing is over the magnet (like a 2000lb car) the light is switched. Motorcycles have to go over it at just the right way to trip it so sometimes you miss and are stuck at a perpetual red light, especially in small towns where the lights aren't on timers.

I do recall that in the safety course I took to get my license they mentioned to treat that situation as if you were at a stop sign. Usually you aren't stuck that long because another car would come up behind you in line and trip the sensor.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2012-01-07 21:54:46

Hybrids right now are stupid things. Buy a Golf diesel instead, it'll be much better.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2012-01-07 22:20:33

At 1/7/12 09:54 PM, Quinny wrote: Hybrids right now are stupid things. Buy a Golf diesel instead, it'll be much better.

The car has already paid off it's hyrbid premium. In 2006, when my wife got it, the camry hybrid was the best value for a hybrid car because unlike some models like lexus or SUVs you could see it actually saving you money within 2 years or so instead of 10 years. It's been saving us money 3 and a half years now. Not bad.

I never understood the point of hybrid SUVs or trucks. The fuel savings is negligible at best so how is it saving the consumer money (plan on keeping your truck for 300,000 miles when it will finally pay off it's premium in savings?) or saving in emissions.

But if you really want to conserve gas - fuck diesel or hybrids. Get a motorcycle. 70mpg bitches 8)

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2012-01-09 02:57:59

At 1/8/12 08:16 PM, BareNakedMike wrote: n0ir is User of the Day!

Well I guess that is something, congrats n0ir, bet he won't read this. I don't think he comes on here anymore, in fact I think I've only ever come across a recent post from him once (I could be wrong). But anyway.

I've never really had much to say about the UOTD. It seems a little pointless. I know it's a user that has posted at least once and is randomly picked. It just seems like from the name you would have to earn it. Don't you think? Maybe I'm just bitter because I have yet to get it.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature