00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Animatorlover25 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

767,589 Views | 18,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-14 14:46:56

At 4/14/11 02:17 PM, Coop wrote:
At 4/14/11 09:50 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: unhelpful
Impressive - it's that like alt-162, or something?

ó

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-16 04:36:46

At 4/7/11 01:09 AM, Lotus wrote: I've been hearing things in general about a new redesign coming up.

I haven't heard anything specific about whats going to change though, any details on this, and is the talk legit?

The Staff put out a screenshot of what part of the site will look like. You can check it out here. ;)

At 4/14/11 02:46 PM, Malachy wrote: ó

And what's Alt-157?

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-16 05:49:58

At 4/16/11 04:36 AM, reverend wrote: The Staff put out a screenshot of what part of the site will look like. You can check it out here. ;)

That's the best we've had asides from the split second preview of the redesign on the live broadcast.

It's very bright.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-16 16:33:25

You know the funny thing is that I didn't even know they showed a preview of the redesign on the broadcast since I didn't watch it, heh.

I just know there is going to be quite a bit of blank icons left when the redesign comes around even if all the icon mods were going 24/7; the Portal is just that huge.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-16 16:48:23

At 4/16/11 04:36 AM, reverend wrote: And what's Alt-157?

¥!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-16 17:43:46

At 4/16/11 04:33 PM, reverend wrote: You know the funny thing is that I didn't even know they showed a preview of the redesign on the broadcast since I didn't watch it, heh.

I didn't even think they'd ever show a preview of the redesign and I hope they didn't since it would have been leaked everywhere. I'm hoping to keep it up with watching the live broadcast every Friday, even if it lags like shit most of the time. It's a good way to see the latest stuff and to hear others commenting on them makes me feel I'm not alone watching the flashes.

I just know there is going to be quite a bit of blank icons left when the redesign comes around even if all the icon mods were going 24/7; the Portal is just that huge.

Solution: Recruit more icon mod machines such as myself. If there were 20 going at my pace, we'd be done in no time.

At 4/16/11 04:48 PM, Malachy wrote:
At 4/16/11 04:36 AM, reverend wrote: And what's Alt-157?
¥!!!!

More like Ø... If that even works.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-24 02:38:41

At 4/9/11 02:34 PM, Malachy wrote: I admit, I really liked the very simple, gritty feel Newgrounds had pre-2003. I felt like the design of the site was kind of lame until the 07 redesign.

I liked old Newgrounds. Something about it just felt so...I dunno. It was just cool.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-02 23:22:57

At 5/2/11 11:03 AM, ToastedToastyToast wrote: I want to join a crew of some sort. But I dont want it to be like the ps3 crew or the youtube crew where people just go to talk about stuff they do on a site or a console. Something where you have to participate in something or work to help people or help a cause or something, if that makes any sense. Perhaps something to do with newgrounds like the NG Sig Makers or The Review Request Club. It would also be nice if I could fill that YOUR AD HERE!!! spot with a link to the crew or something. Any Suggestions?

Just scroll down the page dude and read anything that looks like it might interest you. Only you know what topics you want to discuss.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-09 05:41:12

At 5/2/11 11:03 AM, ToastedToastyToast wrote: I want to join a crew of some sort. But I dont want it to be like the ps3 crew or the youtube crew where people just go to talk about stuff they do on a site or a console. Something where you have to participate in something or work to help people or help a cause or something, if that makes any sense. Perhaps something to do with newgrounds like the NG Sig Makers or The Review Request Club. It would also be nice if I could fill that YOUR AD HERE!!! spot with a link to the crew or something. Any Suggestions?

I got here from http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1978 15/5 because I was wanting to start reading up on this thread and get advice about/see if others are interested in a group that somehow benefits charity with newgrounds art. Personally, I'd rather join one that is split up where it's for different causes, try to get in as much agreement about it as possible at least. I've been wondering about whether some idea like that was best suited for collab, but the more I read it seems like this subforum might be ok or more ok. If I understand you correctly, you seem to have a similar idea about actively doing something together as a club. You seem to potentially be open to any central theme you find interesting involving something like that. I am assuming you have looked through the threads and not seen something that meets what you are looking for. Ideally, I'd like to create/join a group that actively works on charitable art projects together covering a variety of charities using a variety topics made of a variety of arts. The actual centralizing idea would be newgrounds users helping charities together.

I would love feedback. If this idea isn't well-formed enough yet to discuss in this thread, please PM me if you are interested so we can regroup and then submit a more concise and thought out group idea.

If I've mistaken the purpose of C+C or missed an existing club like this, it wasn't because of effort so please understand.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-09 15:40:11

At 5/9/11 05:41 AM, charlie-sheening wrote: If I've mistaken the purpose of C+C or missed an existing club like this, it wasn't because of effort so please understand.

This forum is actually a spin-off of General - meaning it is not geared towards artists or developers.

Collabs sounds like the place you are looking for - but that forum is really more geared toward flash collaborations.

I believe that the most appropriate forum for making art for charity would be the Art Forum. Of course, we are always a little leery of people purporting to collect and distribute money or run competitions on their own (the staff does not want to hamper peoples' enjoyment of the site by participating in a user-run competition and then the guy running it flakes or doesn't follow through with prizes and whatnot.)

I would actually suggest getting in contact with ReNaeNae - she is an art and forum moderator so she knows the inner workings of the Art community. She has also worked on getting some major user-generated projects and competitions running (like the annual NG Calendar, which you can buy in the site store). I believe she will be the best person to guide you in setting up a project like what you're suggesting.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-09 17:40:36

Malachy,

Thanks! Yeah, got to make sure it's all more than obviously legit. If all that Newgrounds allows without official support is something where the artists distribute special content for free just to raise awareness and no money is actually even involved, I would still be interested. Sorry that I am not too sure where to put this (if even anywhere!), it's just a little foggy because different people direct to different threads. I think I have a better idea of what this forum is for now, though, so thanks. It was suggested to come here to ask the regulars chatting for advice before creating a thread and to try to find others interested, so at least I've skipped getting a new thread deleted. I wasn't actually going to post anything and was intending to lurk, but found someone had posted something that peaked my interest. I'll be sure to follow the forum rules for any project like I decided, whatever that may mean, and will be sure to contact who you suggested.

Sorry for interrupting the thread but thanks for the info and help. I'm pretty excited about the redesign, myself. I've lurked for quite awhile but just recently signed up. I think the reason a lot of sites do well to stay flexible is because technology is always providing more potential for useful features. Very excited to see what Newgrounds does in the coming years with adventuring further into handheld and other devices

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-09 18:24:53

At 5/9/11 05:40 PM, charlie-sheening wrote: Malachy,

Thanks! Yeah, got to make sure it's all more than obviously legit. If all that Newgrounds allows without official support is something where the artists distribute special content for free just to raise awareness and no money is actually even involved, I would still be interested. Sorry that I am not too sure where to put this (if even anywhere!), it's just a little foggy because different people direct to different threads. I think I have a better idea of what this forum is for now, though, so thanks. It was suggested to come here to ask the regulars chatting for advice before creating a thread and to try to find others interested, so at least I've skipped getting a new thread deleted. I wasn't actually going to post anything and was intending to lurk, but found someone had posted something that peaked my interest. I'll be sure to follow the forum rules for any project like I decided, whatever that may mean, and will be sure to contact who you suggested.

No worries. I'm glad you took the time to try and find out. Even if you made a thread I imagine one of us would have simply locked it directing you to the same forum I mentioned or getting in contact with an art and forum mod like I did. No harm in asking for directions either.

In fact, I think the Art Forum has some competitions and we do have a lot of people trying to do things for charity - there's even an account some people use for collecting ad-revenue to send to a Breast Cancer charity (people who make games can set that account to get a certain percentage of their ad earnings from the flash API ads and the folks who are in charge of the account will send the money right to the charity)

Sorry for interrupting the thread but thanks for the info and help. I'm pretty excited about the redesign, myself. I've lurked for quite awhile but just recently signed up. I think the reason a lot of sites do well to stay flexible is because technology is always providing more potential for useful features. Very excited to see what Newgrounds does in the coming years with adventuring further into handheld and other devices

feel free to stick around. This thread isn't all that active as it is!

The redesign is going to be exciting. Tom made a news post the other day with some heads up about some major changes (like accepting more than just .swf files into the Portal so people can use toonboom or other programs).

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-09 19:23:13

At 5/9/11 06:24 PM, Malachy wrote:
In fact, I think the Art Forum has some competitions and we do have a lot of people trying to do things for charity - there's even an account some people use for collecting ad-revenue to send to a Breast Cancer charity (people who make games can set that account to get a certain percentage of their ad earnings from the flash API ads and the folks who are in charge of the account will send the money right to the charity)

Yeah, I just noticed that, I just saw a collab by ForNoReason about tools where the revenue goes to that. Awesome.

The redesign is going to be exciting. Tom made a news post the other day with some heads up about some major changes (like accepting more than just .swf files into the Portal so people can use toonboom or other programs).

I saw somewhere something about the possibility of literature, too, which appeals to me. Hope it was right. Yeah, I think it will be a great change whatever's in store.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-15 04:22:47

At 5/9/11 06:24 PM, Malachy wrote: The redesign is going to be exciting. Tom made a news post the other day with some heads up about some major changes (like accepting more than just .swf files into the Portal so people can use toonboom or other programs).

The only thing that I want in the redesign is the text search back. I could careless about anything else.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-15 07:43:47

i wouldn't mind a more powerful general bbs search engine.

I want to search for threads made by user x between 2008 and 2009 where the opening post contains the word "wii" or "nintendo". Is that so hard?

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-18 13:15:52

90 minutes until kick off at Sixways, I'm about to head off out the door - should be a fun match.

Worcester Warriors Vs Cornish Pirates. 80 minutes of Rugby at its best!

All we need to do is win.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-19 07:59:21

Worcester Warriors 20-25 Cornish Pirates

I'm ecstatic, but I have little voice.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-19 16:40:39

so, anyone wanna play a C&C match? i was thinking maybe some Generals, or you guys prefer red alert 3?

Steam ID | X360 Gamertag: AversiveKnave | ORIGIN: DarkBlue96

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-19 23:25:11

At 5/19/11 04:40 PM, Lordboy54 wrote: so, anyone wanna play a C&C match? i was thinking maybe some Generals, or you guys prefer red alert 3?

hmm. I want to say you're joking but I checked back 5 or so pages (october 2010) and you haven't posted here since then so just to be sure:

This is the Clubs & Crews regulars lounge thread, not a Command & Conquer thread. You can find that here, in the VG forum.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-20 01:23:46

Speaking of C&C, I never even played the original game that EA have provided as freeware now. Then again, there are at least a hundred games I have on Steam that I've yet to pick up so my slacking in video games is no big surprise. Hell, I haven't even beat the two Wii games I got for Christmas along with the Wii (i.e. Metroid Prime 3 and Zelda: Twilight Princess).

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-20 05:40:00

Man, so much gold in here. Speaking of C&C I remember playing a demo of one of the old ones on my PS1, don't think I had much of a clue of what was going on though :P

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-20 07:20:03

At 5/20/11 05:40 AM, Quinny wrote: Man, so much gold in here.

I know what you mean, this place is becomeing like a mod forum again.

Talking of video games I resently sold my PS3 and all other games and games consoles I own (excluding my N64 & PS2). This is because I have dicided to give up on the pursuit of game playing, modern games just didn't entertain me anymore and I hate online play. Think I'm just turning into a grumpy old guy.

Think I'll go for a nap soon. My joints hurt.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-20 11:17:27

At 5/19/11 11:25 PM, Malachy wrote: 5 or so pages (october 2010)

wow are we that dead?

D:

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-20 14:12:19

This thread keeps falling back in the pages to much.

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-22 00:19:59

So guys, can I get a legitimate marching band club up? There have been attempts in the past, one of them was mine, and none were well thought out. After half a decade under my belt in the activity I think I know enough to run a little clique with some other users. If it can be maintained by myself, I think it could be a valuable addition to this forum.

~Jim

SirKillington is your new god.

Mongo just pawn... in game of life.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-05-23 07:03:56

At 5/22/11 12:19 AM, newgroundskeeperjim wrote: So guys, can I get a legitimate marching band club up? There have been attempts in the past, one of them was mine, and none were well thought out.

I'm not sure if one would be successful, but you can try. Just make sure you follow 36Holla's suggestions about rule making in the first post.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-06-08 04:11:10

So, I'm off for a date tonight. She's a barmaid at my local, we're just going out "as friends", which is cool, because she doesn't really know me and vice versa.

Can't stop the nerves and I just hope that I'm not going to do something stupid.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-06-08 04:35:01

show em the will i know B)

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-06-08 04:35:22

actually maybe not that might get you arrested

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-06-08 05:30:43

At 6/8/11 04:11 AM, Coop wrote: So, I'm off for a date tonight. She's a barmaid at my local, we're just going out "as friends", which is cool, because she doesn't really know me and vice versa.

Can't stop the nerves and I just hope that I'm not going to do something stupid.

You can't be doing too bad. You seem to be back on your feet not too long after the last break up. Hopefully this date goes well and this is certainly doing better than I am right now.