00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ayya1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

773,145 Views | 18,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-12-27 10:50:22

At 12/27/10 01:07 AM, Malachy wrote: Strangely, the US doesn't celebrate Boxing Day. Could someone explain this to me?

Back in the days of "Upstairs, Downstairs", when the family owning the house would sod off the day after Xmas for a shoot, or something similar. They left the servants a box of gifts, bonuses or even leftovers from the Xmas lunch that had been prepared.

From there, it's just followed suit as a second bank holiday and a chance for people to carry on the festivities

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-01-07 05:58:38

At 12/19/10 07:20 AM, reverend wrote: Yeah it got buried under two feet of snow apparently. Break out the snow shovels!

Never mind, we don't need the shovels anymore :P

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-01-07 07:37:51

Started snowing here, again. It's stopped now though, hope it doesn't start again. Hopefully the rest of the games that I ordered at Christmas will come today.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-01-07 08:33:40

At 1/7/11 07:37 AM, Quinny wrote: Started snowing here, again. It's stopped now though, hope it doesn't start again.

I hope it doesn't start snowing again - I'm in the hire car for the next few days, while my car is being repaired from Wednesday morning's accident. Not my fault, but it's bloody annoying that I've had a day without a car - ruins my social life.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-01-07 13:06:31

At 1/7/11 07:37 AM, Quinny wrote: Started snowing here, again.

That snow was weak. It was light snow in the morning that stuck and then it was raining in the afternoon. There was only a tiny bit of snow on my front garden when I got back from work. That's a good thing, though since we had plenty of snow last month.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-01-09 02:10:36

It's suppose to snow in my state today, but I think I live too far south that I don't think I'll see any of it. So far it's been pretty mild and this storm has been the first major cold spell that we've had.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-01-09 08:53:41

At 1/9/11 02:10 AM, reverend wrote: It's suppose to snow in my state today, but I think I live too far south that I don't think I'll see any of it. So far it's been pretty mild and this storm has been the first major cold spell that we've had.

No chance of snow right now since the sun is shining bright. For some reason the sun rays are so strong when they're out in the winter. When it gets through the house it can be blinding. I don't seem to have that issue in the summer, only winter.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-01-11 08:45:54

Your eyes not accustomed to sunlight; hiding out in the cave too much, perhaps. Though, looking at NG black for hours and moving to a webpage that has white as it's background, it tends to strain my eyes every now and then.

Missed out of the snow, but now it's just bitterly cold.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-01-11 11:55:57

At 1/11/11 08:45 AM, reverend wrote: Though, looking at NG black for hours and moving to a webpage that has white as it's background, it tends to strain my eyes every now and then.

You think NG strains your eyes? Try reading any review on Metal-Archives without taking any break and then go to ANY OTHER site. Your eyes will hurt from reading reviews in a black background.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-01-27 15:40:21

Ouch, that will definitely ruin your vision after a while.

BTW, I hate winter. One of my pipes busted a couple of weeks ago and it just doesn't want to be fixed. I really don't want to call a plumber but it's something I might have to do next month since everything I'd tried doesn't seem to work. :S

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-05 01:51:02

How is everyone? Where has life taken all of you good people, you C&C regulars?
Anyone get married, have a baby, drink a lot of alcohol, or get arrested lately? Do share.

MIss you all.

-noir

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-05 07:38:14

At 4/5/11 01:51 AM, n0ir wrote: drink a lot of alcohol

Oh hell yes!

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-05 10:57:03

At 4/5/11 01:51 AM, n0ir wrote: How is everyone? Where has life taken all of you good people, you C&C regulars?
Anyone get married, have a baby, drink a lot of alcohol, or get arrested lately? Do share.

MIss you all.

-noir

I don't believe that you have ever met me but I've posted in here quite abit so heres whats doing on. I was engaged, now I'm not. College is going ok, I guess and I'm almost constantly drinking so life is going good, seriously there is nothing better then a chill can at the end of a long day (other then four or five, obviously XD).

As for the police record, I have yet to be arrested again :).

They'll never catch me...........again.

1,300 post! It's a small milestone, more a yardstone.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-06 05:48:01

Not getting arrested is awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-06 08:35:56

At 4/5/11 07:38 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/5/11 01:51 AM, n0ir wrote: drink a lot of alcohol
Oh hell yes!

I'd forgotten about that - seeing you jump up and down for that was pretty damned funny.

As for me, I'm single now, but reaching the grand old age of 28 tomorrow, so not all bad. I wonder if my ex will remember me - I remembered hers, after we split up.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-07 01:09:29

I've been hearing things in general about a new redesign coming up.

I haven't heard anything specific about whats going to change though, any details on this, and is the talk legit?

<33

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-07 03:51:37

At 4/7/11 01:09 AM, Lotus wrote: I've been hearing things in general about a new redesign coming up.

I haven't heard anything specific about whats going to change though, any details on this, and is the talk legit?

Basically new features, a more user friendly way of getting around the site - something the regulars will hate at first, then get used to and fall in love with, before the next redesign.

There might be a literature portal, plus rolling updates to the Flash, Audio and Art Portals, who knows? About 12 people, maximum and they're based in Philly.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-07 12:07:55

At 4/6/11 08:35 AM, Coop wrote:
At 4/5/11 07:38 AM, Bahamut wrote: Oh hell yes!
I'd forgotten about that - seeing you jump up and down for that was pretty damned funny.

Too bad you weren't at Manchester a few months back. ;)

At 4/7/11 03:51 AM, Coop wrote: Basically new features, a more user friendly way of getting around the site - something the regulars will hate at first, then get used to and fall in love with, before the next redesign.

I'm a regular on the site but I'll most likely appreciate the new layout. I've worked hard enough to update tons of flashes with new icons and genres to make them more accessible when the redesign comes.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-09 08:21:31

At 4/7/11 01:09 AM, Lotus wrote: I've been hearing things in general about a new redesign coming up.

I've not been here long compered to the majority of users that post in this thread but I consider myself to be a regular (apart from resently) and I can't wait for the redesign, though I'm a little worried that they might make one or two small mistakes the ruin some of the aspects of the site.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-09 10:18:43

i dont really care about redesigns. especially facebooks why cant people accept that someone decided that they would like it so why dont they like it

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-09 14:05:26

At 4/9/11 10:18 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: i dont really care about redesigns. especially facebooks why cant people accept that someone decided that they would like it so why dont they like it

The problem I have with the Facebook redesigns is that they appear to be every six months or so and that just seem way too frequent for my liking.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-09 14:34:22

I admit, I really liked the very simple, gritty feel Newgrounds had pre-2003. I felt like the design of the site was kind of lame until the 07 redesign. I like the current setup, especially all the fancy bells and whistles with auto scrolling for some things and the in-page PM replying.

I have high hopes for the next redesign because they did such an awesome job with the current one. I like the total overhauls because if you only make minor changes to things it seems almost pointless - Newgrounds was really disjointed until 07 because half the site had been fixed up in 2003 while other bits still had elements from 1999. And if you are going to all that trouble you may as well make the changes noticeable.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-09 15:16:26

yeah like the v ugly pop-up profiles, remember them?

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-09 15:55:52

At 4/9/11 03:16 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: yeah like the v ugly pop-up profiles, remember them?

oh man, every time I got a new firefox update the pop up blocker would go crazy over that! And the 100+ years to get to some of the highest experience levels

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-10 07:51:33

At 4/9/11 03:55 PM, Malachy wrote:
At 4/9/11 03:16 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: yeah like the v ugly pop-up profiles, remember them?
oh man, every time I got a new firefox update the pop up blocker would go crazy over that! And the 100+ years to get to some of the highest experience levels

Don't even remind me of the ridiculous leveling up for the last few levels. And people thought that level system was OK? I'm just glad we're well behind that and when I first saw the NG redesign, everything looked awesome to me. I have confidence in the new layout as well, unlike the shit YouTube pulls out. I can't even stand to look at YouTube's home page now.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-10 09:49:28

Seriously? I love youtube's redesigns, each one I think improves it markedly. Youtube's homepage, well, it's got a search bar at the top and my subscriptions just below that so I don't need anything else, and their vid page is fine. The likes, the top rated comments, etc, they're all great IMO.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-11 01:42:14

Hmm.. I'm kinda looking forward to what happens this time around then. This site has come a long way since I've been here and while I do enjoy the easier leveling system now (though I haven't even deposited in some time), I do kinda miss the old Newgrounds in some ways.

Problems of the future, today! forever. <333

<33

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-11 08:30:24

At 4/10/11 09:49 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Youtube's homepage, well, it's got a search bar at the top and my subscriptions just below that so I don't need anything else, and their vid page is fine.

I personally feel they made a huge mess with the subscriptions. I'd rather have it sorted by when it was uploaded, not grouping videos by a single user together. That's one simple option they could offer but they don't. At least I have Plan B for my subscriptions.

The likes, the top rated comments, etc, they're all great IMO.

I remember when everyone hated the like system. As much as I feel YouTube's changes are unnecessary, I thought the like system was ideal since not many used 2-4 stars anyway. You could say the same thing about NG and the users using only 0 and 5, though. Hell, Tom has once considered adpoting a like/dislike system for the portals.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-14 09:50:16

unhelpful

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-04-14 14:17:52

At 4/14/11 09:50 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: unhelpful

Impressive - it's that like alt-162, or something?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature