00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zeketendo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,007,257 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 16:32:39

At 7/7/07 02:09 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: I am going to have to leave for a few days coming up. In my absence AlexJS will take over as usual.

'K.

The reason for this is a death in the family. My uncle was told he had cancer last week and before treatment could even start, he passed away yesterday. So I have to go to a funeral and possibly miss out on a tournament.

Dude, that sucks. So much for 777.

In the meantime, welcome all new members and AlexJS, I will do your challange and see how I do. :)

Prediction: 3,500.

Remember people, average is 2,500, meaning you can also do 100-man Melee. Don't beat yourself up over getting 2,000. It's hard enough as is. I'll try sometime. I'll be busy over the weekend, so maybe Monday.

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member

PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 18:44:48

At 7/7/07 04:32 PM, AlexJS wrote: Remember people, average is 2,500, meaning you can also do 100-man Melee. Don't beat yourself up over getting 2,000. It's hard enough as is. I'll try sometime. I'll be busy over the weekend, so maybe Monday.

bleh, I don't have the patience for 3 minute melee :p
I just did 10KO melee with everyone and got a total time of 6:48. Meh

Also, sorry to hear about the bad news again Lotus : /

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 18:55:37

Sorry that I haven't been posting alot lately, but my brother has been over and he is on the computer alot... he is really cool though :) Especially when he is in a good mood, he bought me the Futurama DVD's (because he rocks :D)

Sucks about your uncle DarkLotusJuggalo :( I hate funerals, but on the bright side, he won't have to see what this world will become in 5 years...! Oh, and almost forgot, I need to ask this question:
Who's better: Dr. Mario, or Mario?
I say Dr.Mario for 1 reason: He is way more powerful (3 or 4 percent to be exact...)

Now, I want everyone here to realise that there are weirder people than this crew so...
Proof that we are actually normal!
Now, for my banning...

Anyways, smash related stuff... I don't know why people consider Ness to be a bad character. On the Gamespot board, there used to be a "Who is the worst character in Smash Bros Melee" and 243 out of the 400 posted votes went to Ness. These people got the least:

3rd: Mario, 2
2nd: Young Link, 2
1st: Marth, 0. (I'm going to have to confiscate their crack now...)

A proud member of the SSBC.

My Gamespot home forum.

People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that put demons to shame.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 19:09:43

I prefer Doc over regular Mario. He's more powerful, and I love his pills. I'll play as either but I definitely go with Doc.

Ness is ok, but just has too many disadvantages. He's pretty floating and a slow faller, so he's kinda hard to combo people with. His dsmash and usmash pretty much suck. His b buttons attacks aren't anything special either, as they all leave you incredibly lagged. Not to mention that Ness has a manual up+b third jump, and it's pretty easy to interrupt

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 19:29:09

At 7/7/07 07:09 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote: I prefer Doc over regular Mario. He's more powerful, and I love his pills. I'll play as either but I definitely go with Doc.

I perfer Mario over Doctor Mario since Mario is the original and he's got style. The bad thing about Doctor Mario is his heavy cape. When you try to use the cape while your in mid-air, you seem to fall faster. I've notice that after I played with both characters. :/

Ness is ok, but just has too many disadvantages. He's pretty floating and a slow faller, so he's kinda hard to combo people with. His dsmash and usmash pretty much suck. His b buttons attacks aren't anything special either, as they all leave you incredibly lagged. Not to mention that Ness has a manual up+b third jump, and it's pretty easy to interrupt.

Ness is my favorite Super Smash Bro's character to use. I try to become better and better with him each day but it gets tougher since his wave-dash is really tough to do. Lets just hope that Ness in Super Smash Bro's Brawl will have a major overhall. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 20:29:57

At 7/7/07 07:29 PM, Seamonky wrote: I perfer Mario over Doctor Mario since Mario is the original and he's got style. The bad thing about Doctor Mario is his heavy cape. When you try to use the cape while your in mid-air, you seem to fall faster. I've notice that after I played with both characters. :/

really? well, I guess doc is a little heavier so it would make sense

A very good recovery move with mario/doc is down+b in the air(tornado). If you mash B button quick enough it will actually make you rise a bit. This doesn't help your recovery as much as the cape, but it works as more of an 'air stall' to throw off your opponent

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 21:15:56

At 7/7/07 04:32 PM, AlexJS wrote:
At 7/7/07 02:09 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: I am going to have to leave for a few days coming up. In my absence AlexJS will take over as usual.
'K.
The reason for this is a death in the family. My uncle was told he had cancer last week and before treatment could even start, he passed away yesterday. So I have to go to a funeral and possibly miss out on a tournament.
Dude, that sucks. So much for 777.

I fuckin' hate 777. First, this morning I ran away from the tournament in fear of getting my ass handed to me, than to make it all worse we finally got the call that my great grandma finally died. I just want this day to end. How many of you here hate 777? I know I do. At least she's not in pain anymore.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 22:16:27

At 7/7/07 08:29 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote: A very good recovery move with mario/doc is down+b in the air(tornado). If you mash B button quick enough it will actually make you rise a bit. This doesn't help your recovery as much as the cape, but it works as more of an 'air stall' to throw off your opponent

I already now that. I saw one of my friends do that and the first time I saw that, I was in shock since my friend is a good mario player. He knows all the basics expect for wave-dashing. Non of my friends know about wave-dashing. That is one reason why I want to learn and practice it. :)

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 23:04:10

At 7/7/07 03:26 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
hmm. Well, it's cliched cause it works :)
That's kinda like not doing knee combos with falcon cause they're cliched.

Using over+b as an offensive move should generally be avoided. ledgeguarding with dair/bair is much safer. Plus over+b has a lot of lag time at the end, leaving you open for a hit if your opponent is able to return straight to the stage instead of the ledge.

The over+b attack is best done with a short hop, that way, they won't see it and it will most likely hit. And if your doing it over the edge, IF you miss, you will still have no problem regaining momentum, that is unless, you miss by that much.

At 7/7/07 08:29 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
A very good recovery move with mario/doc is down+b in the air(tornado). If you mash B button quick enough it will actually make you rise a bit. This doesn't help your recovery as much as the cape, but it works as more of an 'air stall' to throw off your opponent

That doesn't work so well with Doctor Mario, since he's heavier the lag time is too big. It'll work with Mario though.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-08 03:43:20

At 7/7/07 11:04 PM, knuxrouge wrote: That doesn't work so well with Doctor Mario, since he's heavier the lag time is too big. It'll work with Mario though.

erm, it's actually one of my primary doc recovery tactics : /
As long as you tap b quick enough it will still provide some sort of boost for you

and guys, check out this awesomeness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFxdYCr5yAI

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-08 06:09:49

I've just spent all afternoon trying to effectively powershield, but I still don't have the timing down. This is ridiculously hard :/

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-08 10:34:39

At 7/8/07 03:43 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote: and guys, check out this awesomeness

I seriously don't know what just happened. Jigglypuff just fell asleep with over 300 damage and then all of a sudden, Captain Falcon falco punches him and Jiggly is still alive? How is that possible? :/

I've just spent all afternoon trying to effectively powershield, but I still don't have the timing down. This is ridiculously hard :/

Once you know how to do it with a certain character, it will become a second nature to you. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-08 13:39:59

At 7/8/07 10:34 AM, Seamonky wrote:
I seriously don't know what just happened. Jigglypuff just fell asleep with over 300 damage and then all of a sudden, Captain Falcon falco punches him and Jiggly is still alive? How is that possible? :/

It's called double stick DI. I don't know much about it right now but it involves using both the control stick and cstick to tech. Plus, you have to press L to tech before the hit. You can do this with jigglypuff in this example since he/she is asleep. Otherwise pressing L would bring up your shield, but here it activates a tech in the next 20 frames since you can't do any attacks/ defensive moves while asleep.

at least, that's how I *think* it works

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-08 13:50:39

At 7/8/07 01:39 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
It's called double stick DI. I don't know much about it right now but it involves using both the control stick and cstick to tech. Plus, you have to press L to tech before the hit. You can do this with jigglypuff in this example since he/she is asleep. Otherwise pressing L would bring up your shield, but here it activates a tech in the next 20 frames since you can't do any attacks/ defensive moves while asleep.

I looked it up. This thread has some more information.
Linky

Scroll a little bit down.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-08 14:16:32

New updates look awesome on SSBB site, can't wait to play on Bridge Of Eldin.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-08 14:51:53

At 7/8/07 02:16 PM, Simon wrote: New updates look awesome on SSBB site, can't wait to play on Bridge Of Eldin.

Bah, bridge doesn't make sense. They should have put in the actual bridge, not the place where the part lies. I don't remember the pig having bombs either :O. Still, looks alright. Controllers are getting pretty understandable, I'll probably end up playing with Wiimote+Nunchuk, as I hate L/R-triggers on Gamecube controllers, but whatever.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-08 15:16:31

At 7/6/07 08:10 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:
No one commented me on my new sig. :/

Well i think it's pretty cool.

Knuxrouge, you have good fighting skills. I saw the videos you were wavedashing like crazy! I can't really do it that fast.

Sorry for being gone for a few pages, i had some stuff to do.

Old sig

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-08 19:32:44

I use Mario rather than the doc. He's certainly slower, I even with his slight power increase, the speed becomes an issue after playing so much with Mario.

That's insane. I didn't know you could stall momentum like that. All I've done is run in the opposite direction after teching. It worked every so often, but that's not enough.

At 7/8/07 02:51 PM, Hoohah wrote: Bah, bridge doesn't make sense. They should have put in the actual bridge, not the place where the part lies. I don't remember the pig having bombs either :O. Still, looks alright.

It does make for some cool effects. There's probably going to be a stage event setting (unlockable most likely) to disable occurances on stages.

Controllers are getting pretty understandable, I'll probably end up playing with Wiimote+Nunchuk, as I hate L/R-triggers on Gamecube controllers, but whatever.

Considering the Wiimote, Classic, and Nunchuck triggers, you may not be able to use a Super Shield.

You know, make it big and small depending on how far you press (L] or [R)?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-08 20:09:48

At 7/8/07 07:32 PM, AlexJS wrote: I use Mario rather than the doc. He's certainly slower, I even with his slight power increase, the speed becomes an issue after playing so much with Mario.

Yup and plus, the original mario is an all time favorite. I believe that they should of gave Mario the Dr. Mario costume instead of just making another character. That was a waste of space in SSBM. :/

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-08 21:38:59

At 7/8/07 08:09 PM, Seamonky wrote:
At 7/8/07 07:32 PM, AlexJS wrote: I use Mario rather than the doc. He's certainly slower, I even with his slight power increase, the speed becomes an issue after playing so much with Mario.
Yup and plus, the original mario is an all time favorite. I believe that they should of gave Mario the Dr. Mario costume instead of just making another character. That was a waste of space in SSBM. :/

That's true. It would save room for a different fighter. However, Mario and Dr. Mario are essentially the same person, so I don't think that would work with anyone else.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-08 21:57:24

DI...
Something else to train in.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-08 23:15:55

I'm really starting to wonder whether or not some advance techniques won't be removed in Brawl. It's obvious some were accidental (some, not all), and I do remember hearing that they wanted the game to be a be a little slower paced.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-08 23:19:04

At 7/8/07 11:15 PM, AlexJS wrote: I'm really starting to wonder whether or not some advance techniques won't be removed in Brawl. It's obvious some were accidental (some, not all), and I do remember hearing that they wanted the game to be a be a little slower paced.

Hypershad was afraid that they would eliminate the function of wave-dashing.
They might, but its these very things that breaks the skill limit.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-08 23:34:35

At 7/8/07 11:19 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
At 7/8/07 11:15 PM, AlexJS wrote: I'm really starting to wonder whether or not some advance techniques won't be removed in Brawl. It's obvious some were accidental (some, not all), and I do remember hearing that they wanted the game to be a be a little slower paced.
Hypershad was afraid that they would eliminate the function of wave-dashing.
They might, but its these very things that breaks the skill limit.

Elimination Wave-dashing would certainly make the game easy to follow, but it might piss a lot of people off, so Nintendo may hold back on that.

I certainly wouldn't mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-09 00:47:27

At 7/8/07 07:32 PM, AlexJS wrote: You know, make it big and small depending on how far you press (L] or [R)?

And it does make a very big difference in terms of gameplay and how a battle will conclude itself. Those who have fought Master and Crazy Hand would know well enough.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-09 01:17:47

At 7/9/07 12:47 AM, HaroFreak wrote: And it does make a very big difference in terms of gameplay and how a battle will conclude itself. Those who have fought Master and Crazy Hand would know well enough.

Speaking of the Master Hand, who do we fight in Brawl? Still just the 2 hands, or do we fight... I dunno, the Master?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-09 01:21:14

At 7/9/07 01:17 AM, AlexJS wrote: Speaking of the Master Hand, who do we fight in Brawl? Still just the 2 hands, or do we fight... I dunno, the Master?

Master Foot! Master Ear! Master Pe- OH GOD WHAT

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-09 01:34:20

At 7/9/07 01:21 AM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 7/9/07 01:17 AM, AlexJS wrote: Speaking of the Master Hand, who do we fight in Brawl? Still just the 2 hands, or do we fight... I dunno, the Master?

Heh heh. Haro made a funny. XD

Maybe, by some stoke of luck, Nintendo tells us on an update?

Or I get hit by lightning, which ever comes first.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-09 01:37:59

At 7/9/07 01:34 AM, AlexJS wrote: Maybe, by some stoke of luck, Nintendo tells us on an update?
Or I get hit by lightning, which ever comes first.

But you want an update, but don't want to be struck by lightning because it won't give you super powers, amirite?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-09 02:21:38

At 7/9/07 01:21 AM, HaroFreak wrote:

OMG!! LOOK! IT'S MASTER BA---