00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Greasebat just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,010,150 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 02:55:21

At 7/6/07 01:44 AM, Cenetaurman wrote:
Thats what I'm thinking! She called me tonight and said she used me and blah blah blah and I don't care. Excuse my french but Fuck her. :)
*shoots him in the mouth with a pistol* "That's the spirit."
*everyone starts looking at me* "What? This doesn't have any bullets in it."
*camera goes to DarkLotusJuggalo, who is chewing 5 pieces of gum*.
"Hope he isn't allergic to rasberry" :/

Hey! I didn't shoot that person.. they tripped on the bullet.

Well guys I'm a little wasted now.. had a bit too much Yuengling to drink tonight.. :) I think I will continue drinking it though and see where tonight leads.. Its going to be an awesome night is all I can say, except I'm almost out of smokes so I might have to walk up to the store to get more. Thats alright though, I'm sure I can get there and back in one piece.

At 7/6/07 01:48 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote: haha, scratch that. I saw this vid on youtube
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oIDMRX4KbVc
so I gave it a try with ganon. 38 seconds

Thats insane and somehow lead to me watching more great smash videos. :)

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 02:59:09

Sorry for the double post but I have a new sig, I just wanted to see what everyone thought of it! :)

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 03:04:59

HELL YEAH!! Awesome stage. I guess we now know where the music plays at. Sweeeeet

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 04:36:40

movie

Anyway, this new update got me thinking. How many stages are there going to be?
Melee had 29 total so I'm guessing ... 36
What do you guys think?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 13:12:13

At 7/6/07 04:36 AM, Sparkpro wrote: movie

Exactly how I did it.

What do you guys think?

Well in Melee's All-Star Mode, Every character had their own stage, so Brawl should have at least as many stages as there are fighters, and if I guess right, there'll be about 50.

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member

PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 13:41:50

At 7/6/07 01:12 PM, AlexJS wrote:
At 7/6/07 04:36 AM, Sparkpro wrote: movie
Exactly how I did it.
What do you guys think?
Well in Melee's All-Star Mode, Every character had their own stage, so Brawl should have at least as many stages as there are fighters, and if I guess right, there'll be about 50.

Er.. well not quite. There was at least one stage to represent each franchise. The Zelda stages were Termina and Temple, but the Zelda Characters were Link, young link, zelda, sheik, and ganon.

But then you had a character like Captain Falcon, the only rep from F-Zero, and he still had two stages- Mute City and Big Blue

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 13:45:34

Maybe...But I don't think there will be that many characters in Brawl....Oh, by the way, I'm MetroidMaster, and I prefer Smash Bros. Melee. My favorite characters are Samus, Link, Ness, Mario, and G&W. I hope that's enough for me to join. Enjoy!

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 14:32:00

At 7/6/07 01:45 PM, MetroidMaster wrote: Maybe...But I don't think there will be that many characters in Brawl....Oh, by the way, I'm MetroidMaster, and I prefer Smash Bros. Melee. My favorite characters are Samus, Link, Ness, Mario, and G&W. I hope that's enough for me to join. Enjoy!

-Yeah, you gave a good reason for you to join this fine club You're in! :)
-I bet that there will be more characters in Super Smash Bro's Brawl then in super Smash Bro's Melee. :/
-I saw the link Afro-Ninja gave me with PC Chris and Ken, that was pretty cool it started off slow but it started to pick up the pace. :)

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 16:08:14

Here it is!
This is a Smash video of me going up against Hypershad's cousin.
I'm Luigi (Skye), and he is Falco. The Music in the Background that is barely noticeable is "The Unknown" by Crossfade [*Pouts* It was supposed to be Starless].
Not my best work seeing how I just woke up, but pretty good right?

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 17:20:38

At 7/6/07 04:08 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Here it is!
This is a Smash video of me going up against Hypershad's cousin.
I'm Luigi (Skye), and he is Falco. The Music in the Background that is barely noticeable is "The Unknown" by Crossfade [*Pouts* It was supposed to be Starless].
Not my best work seeing how I just woke up, but pretty good right?

hey not bad : )

Your friend relies way too much on charging his fsmash and hoping you jump into it. Also, he doesn't short-hop his lasers at all, which is a staple of playing falco. He also never cancels his reflector, and seems to be afraid of chasing you in the air. He could have easily jumped in the air and used some bairs on you, but instead decided to wait on the ground and charge smash attacks

You can wavedash well, but you seem to have trouble doing them back to back. Unless that's on purpose, I dunno.

The biggest mistake I saw was at 2:21, when you just floated back to the stage and got killed. You could have tried an air dodge, or better yet, use luigi missile while out there and approach from the bottom

To be honest it's a little hard to critique, because your opponent played pretty sloppy

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 17:36:55

At 7/6/07 05:20 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
hey not bad : )

Your friend relies way too much on charging his fsmash and hoping you jump into it. Also, he doesn't short-hop his lasers at all, which is a staple of playing falco. He also never cancels his reflector, and seems to be afraid of chasing you in the air. He could have easily jumped in the air and used some bairs on you, but instead decided to wait on the ground and charge smash attacks

He's kinda weak, and he doesn't play the game much. I set a good example to him when it comes to chasing me in the air.

You can wavedash well, but you seem to have trouble doing them back to back. Unless that's on purpose, I dunno.

Thank you. Most of the time its on purpose.

The biggest mistake I saw was at 2:21, when you just floated back to the stage and got killed. You could have tried an air dodge, or better yet, use luigi missile while out there and approach from the bottom

An air dodge was the intention, but I didn't react fast enough. Oops.

To be honest it's a little hard to critique, because your opponent played pretty sloppy

He can take on your average player, but he's not "pro" material.

I plan on making another really soon [like in the same day--soon].

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 17:44:17

Hey, I'd like to join or something. Play SSBM mostly and generally Falco, though I'll probably move on to SSBB once that's out. I know about wavedashes, SHFFL's and all that jazz, I've kept up. I'm not sure exactly how good I am, as my friends are all really bad and judging those sloppy, poor quality tube vids isn't very easy.

Side note, I play NTSC and on Nintendo Wii. Little brother > gamecube disc :(

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 19:18:19

At 7/6/07 01:41 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote: Er.. well not quite. There was at least one stage to represent each franchise. The Zelda stages were Termina and Temple, but the Zelda Characters were Link, young link, zelda, sheik, and ganon.

But then you had a character like Captain Falcon, the only rep from F-Zero, and he still had two stages- Mute City and Big Blue

That's not what I meant. Every fighter in All-Star mode has a specific stage to fight in. Marth in the Fountain of Dreams, Fox in Corneria, Falco in Venom, Dr. Mario in Subcon, Zelda in Hyrule Temple, Young Link in Congo Jungle (I think), Mewtwo in Battlefield, Roy in Final Destination, you see what I'm getting at? If they were to do the same in Brawl, they would need at least one stage per character.

At 7/6/07 05:44 PM, Hoohah wrote: Hey, I'd like to join or something. Play SSBM mostly and generally Falco, though I'll probably move on to SSBB once that's out. I know about wavedashes, SHFFL's and all that jazz, I've kept up. I'm not sure exactly how good I am, as my friends are all really bad and judging those sloppy, poor quality tube vids isn't very easy.

Side note, I play NTSC and on Nintendo Wii. Little brother > gamecube disc :(

Sure, you can join. I'm vice, DarkLotusJuggalo is president, and there's a list of veterans and members in my sig. Information for Super Smash Bros. Brawl is at www.smashbros.com and updated every weekday, if you didn't already know.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 19:47:12

At 7/6/07 07:18 PM, AlexJS wrote: That's not what I meant. Every fighter in All-Star mode has a specific stage to fight in.

Ohh, gotcha. I follow now :p

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 20:07:26

Another one.
I'm kinda ashamed, I didn't fight my best and my opponent sucks.
Don't hit me.

This time I'm falco.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 20:10:47

Well I have entered another tournament today! This one takes place at a local Gamestop and the prizes aren't as much as the other one I am already in! :)

I just hope battles don't fall on the same day but from the way it looks, I shouldn't have a problem with getting to both! :)

No one commented me on my new sig. :/

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 20:14:37

I really don't know how good I'd do against a really good Smash player (Ex, Afro-Ninja, Lotus). I would imagine I'd get a few KOs before I lose. I don't use advanced techniques, not many anyway, so I would think I need to brush up on my timing and strategy. Then I'll be as good as I was 2 years ago, when I was able to beat Very Hard All-Star without using the last Heart Container.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 20:17:17

At 7/6/07 08:10 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:

new sig. :/

Nice Sig. And good luck in the new tornament. Sounds like therer aren't alot of good smashers in that one.

No on comment me on my Smash Videos, save for one person.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 20:49:02

At 7/6/07 08:17 PM, knuxrouge wrote: No on comment me on my Smash Videos, save for one person.

There is certainly some room for improvement, but it's nothing a little practice won't fix. I'm sure you'll make a good opponent come Brawl's release.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 20:52:06

At 7/6/07 08:17 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
At 7/6/07 08:10 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:
new sig. :/
Nice Sig. And good luck in the new tornament. Sounds like therer aren't alot of good smashers in that one.

Thanks, I don't think it will have a great turnout but its still going to be a good time for me either way. :)

No on comment me on my Smash Videos, save for one person.

I saw the video, nice job! You could've gotten in some more attacks and the such but its alright, practice makes perfect! :)

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 20:52:44

At 7/6/07 08:07 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Another one.
Don't hit me.

This time I'm falco.

1. short hop laser
2. shine combos

I saw you do a few aerial lasers when you were spaced apart, but you didn't fast fall them. Jump, press b, fast fall, repeat. you can pretty much fire them twice as fast, plus it makes you more mobile. SHL as you chase someone to rack up additional damage

this is a vid of my falco-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JE09UoH5do&mo de=user&search=

trust me, I'm not a pro falco by any means. But just as an example to show you the short hop laser (mine needs practice, needs to be lower to the ground)

Remember, falco's reflector (as well as fox's) are highly offensive moves. As soon as you use your reflector, you can cancel it by jumping. So when you're in close with your opponent use the reflector, hop out of it, and do another move while they're stunned

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-06 21:11:24

At 7/6/07 08:52 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
I saw you do a few aerial lasers when you were spaced apart, but you didn't fast fall them. Jump, press b, fast fall, repeat. you can pretty much fire them twice as fast, plus it makes you more mobile. SHL as you chase someone to rack up additional damage

this is a vid of my falco-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JE09UoH5do&mo de=user&search=

trust me, I'm not a pro falco by any means. But just as an example to show you the short hop laser (mine needs practice, needs to be lower to the ground)

Thanks for the tip. I'll use it.

2. shine combos
Remember, falco's reflector (as well as fox's) are highly offensive moves. As soon as you use your reflector, you can cancel it by jumping. So when you're in close with your opponent use the reflector, hop out of it, and do another move while they're stunned

I know how to do the combo, but its too cliched, So I work without it.
I AM practicing doing what I call "Downhill" when I throw someone off the edge, fall under, double jump and do the forward-B move. If timed right, my opponent will fall straight down.
That being said, Extra tip-Falco's Forward-B done airborne will send foes straight down.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 00:56:03

At 7/6/07 08:52 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
Remember, falco's reflector (as well as fox's) are highly offensive moves. As soon as you use your reflector, you can cancel it by jumping. So when you're in close with your opponent use the reflector, hop out of it, and do another move while they're stunned.

Yeah, i use that often with Fox, i have been training lately, I traind with Falcon somewhat, i would say I am decent, or "ok" with him. I'mpretty good with Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Luigi,
Zelda, Shiek, Fox, Roy, Marth, basically everybody, but i kick ass with Samus.
I was wondering, is there any Ganondorf or Samus players here?, cause if there is then i haven't noticed them. :/
Nice sig lotus, it looks awesome much better then the other. Also, I am sorry about my shortage posts here i just have been bust lately. :/

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 05:59:24

Thanks for letting me join and everything. I've been anticipating Brawl for roughly 3 years, so I look forward to playing you online.

At 7/6/07 08:07 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Another one.
Don't hit me.

This time I'm falco.

Nice video. I like how he tried to copy you but fell. You should really not fall for his charged attacks anymore though, you seem to know better than that. Run up to him and stop exactly before his reach, then punish the gap he creates. Should stop you from dying to him altogether.

Please tell him how to tech. :(

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 13:06:57

Hey! Thanks for letting me join. If I had a gamecube, I probably would be making videos. I'm a pretty good Melee player, but there is one person I know that can whip me easily, my friend Damani. He rocks at melee. If you IM me on MSN (SamusX3@hotmail.com), you can talk to me, and I'll add him. Enjoy your day!

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 14:02:27

So today's 777, doesn't feel lucky to me.

So, I was playing Melee the other day, and I was playing 3 minute Multi-Man Melee. Since I have nothing to compare my score to, I thought I'd ask you guys what you got.

Post your total score, and the best with an individual fighter.

I have near 2,000, but I'm not finished. I have to do 7 or 8 more.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 14:09:14

I am going to have to leave for a few days coming up. In my absence AlexJS will take over as usual.

The reason for this is a death in the family. My uncle was told he had cancer last week and before treatment could even start, he passed away yesterday. So I have to go to a funeral and possibly miss out on a tournament.

Sorry guys, I will try to post but I don't know where I am going to be staying when I am away and if there will be internet there, yet alone a computer. I will do my best though.

In the meantime, welcome all new members and AlexJS, I will do your challange and see how I do. :)

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 14:26:21

At 7/7/07 02:09 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: I am going to have to leave for a few days coming up. In my absence AlexJS will take over as usual.

The reason for this is a death in the family. My uncle was told he had cancer last week and before treatment could even start, he passed away yesterday. So I have to go to a funeral and possibly miss out on a tournament.

Forget about the tornament, family matters more, go on and see him into the other world.
My your uncle rest in peace....cancer sucks.

Sorry guys, I will try to post but I don't know where I am going to be staying when I am away and if there will be internet there, yet alone a computer. I will do my best though.

I say don't worry about it. You will be there for your uncle. Just come back safely.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 14:34:28

At 7/7/07 02:26 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Forget about the tornament, family matters more, go on and see him into the other world.
My your uncle rest in peace....cancer sucks.

Thanks, I wish to go to the tournament but you're right. I am going to call them though and let them know I won't be attending and I'm going to see if I can get the date rescheduled since I am representing the store. I think they will understand.

I say don't worry about it. You will be there for your uncle. Just come back safely.

I'll be back safely, I don't even know where the funeral is going to be though. I know he lived in Maryland but no one else from my family lives there so it may be somewhere else. I just hope its a quick trip though, I don't like funerals too much. I had to go to one for my aunt on christmas eve, this isn't as bad as that but I knew my uncle more than I knew her.

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-07 15:26:58

At 7/6/07 09:11 PM, knuxrouge wrote: I know how to do the combo, but its too cliched, So I work without it.
I AM practicing doing what I call "Downhill" when I throw someone off the edge, fall under, double jump and do the forward-B move. If timed right, my opponent will fall straight down.
That being said, Extra tip-Falco's Forward-B done airborne will send foes straight down.

hmm. Well, it's cliched cause it works :)
That's kinda like not doing knee combos with falcon cause they're cliched.

Using over+b as an offensive move should generally be avoided. ledgeguarding with dair/bair is much safer. Plus over+b has a lot of lag time at the end, leaving you open for a hit if your opponent is able to return straight to the stage instead of the ledge.

BBS Signature