00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MidnightLynxy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,010,146 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-28 21:58:17

Welcome new member!

Also, AlexJS you are a vet but I didn't have time to include everyone. Sorry about that.

About that other vet though that was asked about, he was a user here a while ago and will remain a vet as long as he regularly posts.

So, how is everyone doing?
When is that tournament going to get underway?

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-28 22:58:37

At 3/28/07 09:50 PM, AlexJS wrote: Oh, hell no. If your going to call me anything, call me Alex, or just type out the entire thing. I don't like "JS".

Anyway, one that new game being released near Christmas, the reps had no comment on whether Sonic will be in Brawl. That's very suspicous, and I think they're hiding something.

ok! ok! calm down! and personnaly, I dont think Sonic will be in the Brawl game, as much as people specualte over this, just dont see it happening

Yehhh

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-28 23:27:14

At 3/28/07 10:58 PM, Alexandro-0081 wrote: ok! ok! calm down! and personnaly, I dont think Sonic will be in the Brawl game, as much as people specualte over this, just dont see it happening

You problably though I was yelling, didn't you? XD

I wasn't...

I do. There's just too much stuff to ignore.

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member

PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-28 23:54:50

No fighting guys, lets keep this place civilized and not risk an all out war over a simple name. I know you would get mad over that AlexJS and I would as well. It would cause too much confusion in the crew. Lets keep everyones name as they are now unless someone wants a reasonable nickname thats not related to another user. That would be fine but just chill out everyone. No need to fight.

Vet fights are awesome though as we can say what we want. :) Don't risk the crew though in the process!!

So, anyone want to be consider for a vet position? Just ask, I'll review you and give you an answer as soon as possible.

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-29 01:31:59

At 3/28/07 11:54 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: No fighting guys, lets keep this place civilized and not risk an all out war over a simple name. I know you would get mad over that AlexJS and I would as well. It would cause too much confusion in the crew. Lets keep everyones name as they are now unless someone wants a reasonable nickname thats not related to another user. That would be fine but just chill out everyone. No need to fight.

I was fighting actually, just that i thought AlexJS got mad over that little nickname thing, but I call you lotus, could I still do that? if its cool and all.

You problably though I was yelling, didn't you? XD

yes. yes i did lol sorry about that, was trying to "calm you down" before we actually got in to some flame war

Yehhh

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-29 01:59:54

At 3/29/07 01:31 AM, Alexandro-0081 wrote:
At 3/28/07 11:54 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: No fighting guys, lets keep this place civilized and not risk an all out war over a simple name. I know you would get mad over that AlexJS and I would as well. It would cause too much confusion in the crew. Lets keep everyones name as they are now unless someone wants a reasonable nickname thats not related to another user. That would be fine but just chill out everyone. No need to fight.
I was fighting actually, just that i thought AlexJS got mad over that little nickname thing, but I call you lotus, could I still do that? if its cool and all.

I understand, hopefully the fighting is done with now though.

Lotus is fine. I have no problem at all with anyone here calling me that. Its a matter on what you want to call me. Its all good.

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-29 07:48:23

Since this seems to be on the same topic, just call me Pedochu. The reason I named myself, "P3d0chu" was because "Pedochu" was taken somehow, and I love to be annoying like that.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-29 16:59:08

SO Sorry for the mess. I didn't mean to cause such a disturbance.

I was just thinking back, and remembered a fight with a friend of mine I had not too long ago. We were really evenly matched, and I mean really. Forget stalemates, we ended up hitting each other at the sametime (with direct attacks 1 on 1) very frequently. It was a 10 minute time match, and when the match ended, we see this:
SUDDEN DEATH! GO!
Everyone in the room was so damn surprised. We kept dodging our attacks, until bombs start falling. We get hit with the same bomb, fly up at about the same angle, and we got KO'ed at about the same time. Though I won, we called it a draw, and had a rematch, 5 stocks. I won. ^_^

Let's forget Brawl for a moment, what are your most memorable battles in the original Smash or Melee?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-29 17:25:10

hmm, I just found that my first post here was actually page 58.

So...page 83-58=25...

Well, Im still a vet right?

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-29 17:41:05

At 3/29/07 05:25 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: hmm, I just found that my first post here was actually page 58.

So...page 83-58=25...

I would say so.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-29 18:25:44

At 3/29/07 01:59 AM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: I understand, hopefully the fighting is done with now though.

What I meant to say was, "I WASNT actually fighting" lol

Lotus is fine. I have no problem at all with anyone here calling me that. Its a matter on what you want to call me. Its all good.

cool, and its understandable. Should have asked yah AlexJS, my apologies.

At 3/29/07 05:25 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote:

So...page 83-58=25...

Yeah, just as AlexJS said

come on over here you vet! you dog you
lol

Yehhh

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-29 20:56:57

At 3/29/07 07:48 AM, P3d0chu wrote: Since this seems to be on the same topic, just call me Pedochu. The reason I named myself, "P3d0chu" was because "Pedochu" was taken somehow, and I love to be annoying like that.

Thats fine for the name change. No problem with it at all.

At 3/29/07 06:25 PM, Alexandro-0081 wrote:
At 3/29/07 01:59 AM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: I understand, hopefully the fighting is done with now though.
What I meant to say was, "I WASNT actually fighting" lol

Oh, ok. That makes more sense then. haha

cool, and its understandable. Should have asked yah AlexJS, my apologies.

I'm sure its all good now.

At 3/29/07 05:25 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote:

So...page 83-58=25...

Yeah, just as AlexJS said

Sure are, you're a good poster and I consider you a regular so you're still a vet. Its all good.

Good to see everything here is fine.

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-29 21:06:39

Wow, didn't think saying something like that would make such a commotion.

Anyway, if you look at the post I made earlier, you'll see a somewhat decent topic.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-29 21:09:03

At 3/29/07 08:56 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:

that just sounds and feels so satisfying to hear. To know that, that statement is so freaking true! And that im considered a major contributor to that, wait am I? Anywho, i found some videos on the history of stuff in melee. It was pretty interesting and cool but dont know which i should link to here or even link anything at all, so its your choice guys. You could tell em which character's moves history you want to watch trough a pm, to not waste space here. These videos show were the characters of melee's moves derived from, theyre pretty cool and they also have some about stages.

Yehhh

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-29 22:14:06

At 3/29/07 04:59 PM, AlexJS wrote: Let's forget Brawl for a moment, what are your most memorable battles in the original Smash or Melee?

Basically the same thing as you but against 3 friends of mine. We were all playing and I was using Sheik as usual and I forget exactly what set them off but they all went after me. We were playing at the castle and I was on the bottom left side and as they were chasing me, I changed back to Zelda, jumped off the side and for some reason they did the same and I used teleport at the last second putting me up on the top ledge and saving my life while watching all three of them plumment to their doom and being able to honestly say to them, "You guys had three on one and you still lost, damn." I thought it was the best momment in the game ever, not only because I survived through that (they're hardcore players, they play at least a few hours each day) but also finding out that Zelda was capable of using the move so well. So since then, I have used that move when I get desperate or when theres an advantage point to be obtained when in a difficult battle.

I didn't look over your post, I just didn't have time to write all that earlier, sorry for the wait but at least I didn't forget! :)
At 3/29/07 09:09 PM, Alexandro-0081 wrote:
At 3/29/07 08:56 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:
that just sounds and feels so satisfying to hear. To know that, that statement is so freaking true! And that im considered a major contributor to that, wait am I? Anywho, i found some videos on the history of stuff in melee. It was pretty interesting and cool but dont know which i should link to here or even link anything at all, so its your choice guys. You could tell em which character's moves history you want to watch trough a pm, to not waste space here. These videos show were the characters of melee's moves derived from, theyre pretty cool and they also have some about stages.

Send me Sheik/Zelda's moves history! That would be awesome!

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-29 22:29:32

Hey, srry im late posting (again)...

So, anyone have any basic info on who the hidden characters are on SSBB?

Like ma Mudkip? it will bite ur face off

I am the only pie king of the world lol

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-29 22:37:23

Sorry I'm late, I forgot about your question sir, and to answer it, it is just a popularity contest, but we need more than my votes.

A proud member of the SSBC.

My Gamespot home forum.

People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that put demons to shame.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-30 00:47:22

At 3/29/07 10:14 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Send me Sheik/Zelda's moves history! That would be awesome!

alright here they are, or here IT is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOMXw8MmO9o

As long as you try to post and stay active its cool, or at least with me.

I havent heard anything, just that Sonic and Mario are going to be in some 2008 Beijin olympics game and I got that from AlexJS

Yehhh

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-30 01:23:45

At 3/30/07 12:47 AM, Alexandro-0081 wrote:
At 3/29/07 10:14 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Send me Sheik/Zelda's moves history! That would be awesome!
alright here they are, or here IT is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOMXw8MmO9o

Thats awesome! I really enjoyed that! Thanks for posting the link here for all to enjoy!

Its all good, no worries.

As long as you try to post and stay active its cool, or at least with me.

Fine with me too.

I havent heard anything, just that Sonic and Mario are going to be in some 2008 Beijin olympics game and I got that from AlexJS

I haven't heard anything other than that either. That game looks... horrible by the way.

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-30 16:15:35

At 3/29/07 10:14 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Basically the same thing as you but against 3 friends of mine. We were all playing and I was using Sheik as usual and I forget exactly what set them off but they all went after me. We were playing at the castle and I was on the bottom left side and as they were chasing me, I changed back to Zelda, jumped off the side and for some reason they did the same and I used teleport at the last second putting me up on the top ledge and saving my life while watching all three of them plumment to their doom and being able to honestly say to them, "You guys had three on one and you still lost, damn." I thought it was the best momment in the game ever, not only because I survived through that (they're hardcore players, they play at least a few hours each day) but also finding out that Zelda was capable of using the move so well. So since then, I have used that move when I get desperate or when theres an advantage point to be obtained when in a difficult battle.

Reminds me of the time I won a 3 vs 1 battle.

In a 3 vs 1 fight, a timed match is as close as you can get to "fair". We played a 15-stock match. 2 of these guys were great players, and they have beat me a few times before, and now both of them are fighting me. The third guy was all talk, he didn't even know what wave-dashing is. I pick him off out of the group, and when he's out, he presses Start by accident and takes a stock from one of the other guys. I notice this, and they're totally oblivious. At that point, I think it was: P1 (me): 7 stocks | P2: 9 stocks | P3: 8 stocks | P4 : 0 stocks.
At this point, I think "I'm gonna lose.", but the coolest thing happened. I'm using Mario, one of my friends, Samus, the other Fox. Samus fires off a fully charged Charge Shot, I return with Mario's Cape, Fox returns with a reflector, I reflect it again (and oddly enough, the cape somehow "breaks", can't seem to recreate this particular senario) and my friend using Fox is unable to reflect it, and gets KO'd from a hit delivering what I think was 79% damage when he had about 10%. That was not planned. That was my upper hand, though. I frequently reflected Samus's projectiles, and soon, it was just me and Fox, one stock each. I had about 140%, and he had about 30% or so. I was near the edge, and he comes dashing at me. I stand my ground, planning to risk the entire match on one dodge, and then it happens. He uses Fox Illusion, goes straight off the edge, and I won.

That, my friends, was pure dumb luck.

The most epic battle ever
Great story, eh?

I haven't heard anything other than that either. That game looks... horrible by the way.

It can't be worse than Mario Party 7...

At 3/29/07 10:37 PM, Cenetaurman wrote: Sorry I'm late, I forgot about your question sir, and to answer it, it is just a popularity contest, but we need more than my votes.

SSBC Presidental elections were canceled. The veteran system is in effect.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-30 18:03:14

At 3/30/07 04:15 PM, AlexJS wrote:
That, my friends, was pure dumb luck.
The most epic battle ever
Great story, eh?

I havent played an actual good, competion giver player in a while! (by this i mean a person) not even a newbie or a so-so player.

It can't be worse than Mario Party 7...

The first 2 mario party games were pretty cool, and unique when I was around lets see 6-8? and it just went bleh. Oh and one more thing......................BURN!!!!!!!!!

At 3/29/07 10:37 PM, Cenetaurman wrote: Sorry I'm late, I forgot about your question sir, and to answer it, it is just a popularity contest, but we need more than my votes.
SSBC Presidental elections were canceled. The veteran system is in effect.

so that what he meant? I knida thought that but then I thought he might have read a few pages and posts back. I dont even think it was pages but oh well, yeah, the veteran system is in effect.

Yehhh

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-30 18:20:07

Mario Party 2 is cool except bad graphics like every single give on Nintendo 64 is bad graphics........ What i cant wait for is super smash bros brawl to come out i wonder what donkey kong will look like

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-30 18:27:27

At 3/30/07 06:20 PM, ActionReplay wrote: Mario Party 2 is cool except bad graphics like every single give on Nintendo 64 is bad graphics........ What i cant wait for is super smash bros brawl to come out i wonder what donkey kong will look like

Wow, where have you been?

That's odd though, I haven't heard much about DK...

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-30 18:52:06

At 3/29/07 10:14 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:
At 3/29/07 04:59 PM, AlexJS wrote: Let's forget Brawl for a moment, what are your most memorable battles in the original Smash or Melee?

My greatest moment ever: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdUVyAHhGI

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-30 19:30:15

At 3/30/07 06:52 PM, P3d0chu wrote:
At 3/29/07 10:14 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:
My greatest moment ever: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdUVyAHhGI

Didn't you post that already?
Oh, well. It was pretty frikin' awesome. Do you have another one?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-03-31 21:56:08

i though i should post this you guys can call me Raven and is int brawl going to come out during September or what?

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-04-01 00:54:18

hey guys! havent been active around here but am back. I was working hard on finishing an amv for two contests (mainly) and for one of them, i didnt upload it on youtube fast enough :( Oh yeah i make amvs! lol so ive seen nothing has really happened, and i think ive read something like that too raven but, think it was false.

Yehhh

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-04-01 00:59:13

Well, I don't know about DK, in fact, he will probably be put to rest, but you guys haven't talked about Yoshi, I seem to be the only one that knows Yoshi is going to be in it.

A proud member of the SSBC.

My Gamespot home forum.

People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that put demons to shame.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-04-01 01:01:16

oh sorry to go off topic real quick but there changing the NG layout tomorrow it will look alot better

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-04-01 01:57:38

At 4/1/07 01:01 AM, ironraven24 wrote: oh sorry to go off topic real quick but there changing the NG layout tomorrow it will look alot better

they've said that for a long time, but i dont know how much work actually goes in to that but, hooray and goodbye to the old one

Yehhh