00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

rydnrofl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Australia Or New Zealand

2,481 Views | 30 Replies

Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-10 12:27:18

I did a question about Spain and Mexico, with Spain being the winner so far at 82.1% of votes. So now I was wondering of which country you'd rather live in: Australia or New Zealand. (Living for at least 6 months. Long enough to not be considered visiting, and long enough to say you lived there).

Both are countries that share a lot of similarities, but enough differences to make them distinguishable nations. Many people who want to move to a different country have contemplated on which was the better choice: Australia or New Zealand. Both countries are predominately English-speaking, multicultural, generally warm, and desirable places to live. As an American, I've known people who have relatives who live in either Australia or New Zealand, and say mostly positive things about living there. Many of them prefer it to the U.S. I myself have distant cousins that emigrated to Australia, and they seem to like it.

So which contender will win in this hefty battle?

For me, that's a tough one. If I was forced to leave my condo and board a plane that takes me to Oceania, I would pick New Zealand because it seems to have a slightly more laid-back vibe than Australia. It seems to be more lush, and it snows in some of the major cities there, too, which I like. However, New Zealand doesn't have kangaroos living in the wild, so that would make me feel a little bit disappointed. Still, both are good countries, and I wouldn't hesitate to live in either one if I was given the opportunity.

Australia Or New Zealand

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-10 12:29:05

At 7/10/13 12:27 PM, BigFatKid wrote:
Both countries are predominately multicultural

Ugh, pass.

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-10 12:31:23

At 7/10/13 12:29 PM, Ononymous wrote:
At 7/10/13 12:27 PM, BigFatKid wrote:
Both countries are predominately multicultural
Ugh, pass.

It's not a segregated country with inner city neighborhoods like the US. However, I heard that South Auckland of Auckland, New Zealand is basically like a ghetto with a lot of gang-related crime, stabbings, shootings, and break-ins.

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-10 12:37:03

New Zealand they have Hobbits and Dwarfs.

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-10 12:53:10

At 7/10/13 12:32 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: isn't new zealand the capital of australia though? if you lived in new zealand you'd also be living in australia

why must you do this

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-10 13:32:37

It's a tough choice for me. For years I went on about how I was going to visit New Zealand. I actually have a few Kiwi friends. But then I've been impressed with how progressive Australia has become. More so than us actually. Some actually say that hey're the true melting pot of the world. I'm interested to experience it for myself and see what's up. Although, Ian McKellen made some great reviews of NZ locations on his blog a few times and his knack for detail had really won me over.

I'll have to get back to you.

Voice of Pipistrella in Pit People, Riley from Zonestream. Voice of Lily, Aurora and Lenora in Everwing

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-10 13:33:27

New Zealand its the portal to Middle Earth!

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-10 14:51:12

New Zealand: Home of where Narnia was filmed
Australia: Clock Spiders.

Yeah....

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-10 14:57:05

At 7/10/13 02:53 PM, Shade wrote:
At 7/10/13 02:49 PM, RoadWarrior wrote: Aus. They've got Mad Max
And Crocodile Dundee.

So you'd rather live in Aus or NZ than horrible Canada right?

Not that I hate Canada, I like it, but I know you're not particularly fond of it. Weather and people are your primary reasons for dislike of it.

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-10 15:06:31

At 7/10/13 03:00 PM, Shade wrote:
Not that I hate Canada, I like it, but I know you're not particularly fond of it. Weather and people are your primary reasons for dislike of it.
The weaher I can cope with it's the general population that annoys me. I like everything about the country, the cities, the wildlife and the beautiful displays of nature. I just can't stand most of the people and the politicians.

How are most of the people like? The Canadians I briefly interacted with in Vancouver seemed fine, not particularly extremely friendly, but nice enough I suppose. However, I can't imagine Canadians being any more unlikable than Americans (or US residents or whatever). Also, fortunately, there's less "ghetto people" (thugs, hoodrats, whatever) in Canada, at a much lower proportion. Canada doesn't really have any ghettos, even though Scarborough in Toronto has a few challenged areas I've heard.

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-13 00:11:14

At 7/10/13 02:51 PM, koopahermit wrote: New Zealand: Home of where Narnia was filmed

Don't forget Lord of the Rings

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-13 00:12:25

im going to say new zealand, i dont want to be eaten alive in australia

BBS Signature

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-13 10:13:42

New Zealand, Australia is full of drunks and crazy people, trust me I live there.

"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall."- Che Guevera

BBS Signature

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-13 10:15:56

At 7/10/13 01:32 PM, PiperAnn wrote: It's a tough choice for me. For years I went on about how I was going to visit New Zealand. I actually have a few Kiwi friends. But then I've been impressed with how progressive Australia has become.

Australia, progressive? What? Australia has one of the most racist populations in the world.

"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall."- Che Guevera

BBS Signature

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-13 10:16:16

I told you that i will pick New Zealand.

Eryn Channel

Anime-NoireChan on IGN

PSN ID: Anime-NoireChan | Even though, getting popular, Esshh. No worries now.

BBS Signature

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-13 12:21:35

At 7/13/13 10:15 AM, Grimdalus wrote: Australia, progressive? What? Australia has one of the most racist populations in the world.

Hello, can you elaborate on this? As much as I am a fan of reductio ad absurdum, I'd like you to share your past experiences or findings that have led you to this decision. This way I can understanding the issues you're addressing and in turn respond to you accordingly.

Voice of Pipistrella in Pit People, Riley from Zonestream. Voice of Lily, Aurora and Lenora in Everwing

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-13 12:29:47

At 7/10/13 02:53 PM, Shade wrote:
And Crocodile Dundee.

And Hugh Jackman. If that's really a plus.

Protect the Muska.

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-13 12:35:55

New Zealand. I don't see what Australia has to offer that I don't already get in the US.

(Also, NZ is the homeland of Zeurel, which makes it awesome by default.)

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-13 13:17:27

At 7/13/13 12:35 PM, Dawnslayer wrote: New Zealand. I don't see what Australia has to offer that I don't already get in the US.

(Also, NZ is the homeland of Zeurel, which makes it awesome by default.)

You can celebrate Christmas and New Years in a warm sunny weather, as opposed to most of the world that celebrates it while cold and wet.

Kangaroos in their natural habitat.

Warmer weather in Australia than most of the US in the winter.

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-13 16:29:36

At 7/13/13 12:21 PM, PiperAnn wrote: This way I can understanding the issues you're addressing and in turn respond to you accordingly.

This way I can understand.

Hey so, err BigFatKid (or whatever you'd like to be called,) I found this website called If it Were My Home .

IfItWereMyHome.com is your gateway to understanding life outside your home. Use our country comparison tool to compare living conditions in your own country to those of another. Start by selecting a region to compare on the map to the right, and begin your exploration.

Well, anyway I know living in a country is quite a bit different than vacationing there, but I found this to be very interesting and the overall site to be kind of fun. Just thought I'd share it! :3

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-13 16:35:55

I'd rather go to New Zealand, I hear it's less racist.

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-13 16:54:37

The only reason needed

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-14 02:46:34

At 7/13/13 01:17 PM, BigFatKid wrote:
At 7/13/13 12:35 PM, Dawnslayer wrote: New Zealand. I don't see what Australia has to offer that I don't already get in the US.
You can celebrate Christmas and New Years in a warm sunny weather, as opposed to most of the world that celebrates it while cold and wet.

But I prefer cold and wet weather. They have to offer me something, not just have it.

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-14 02:57:04

Kangaroos are assholes. They drown other animals just for the hell of it.

Also, I'm not sure, but I'd probably go with Australia because I have a feeling there'd be more going on there.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-14 03:03:25

NEW ZEALAND BRO.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-14 03:32:22

At 7/14/13 03:03 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: NEW ZEALAND BRO.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-14 03:38:35

I'd rather be in Australia, just because, you know, New Zealand is Mother Nature's bitch. Seriously, I think NZ is the country with the most natural disasters annually in the world, plus Sexual-Lobster lives in Ausland.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-14 04:03:36

New Zealand

filler text

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-14 06:48:56

At 7/13/13 12:21 PM, PiperAnn wrote:
At 7/13/13 10:15 AM, Grimdalus wrote: Australia, progressive? What? Australia has one of the most racist populations in the world.
Hello, can you elaborate on this? As much as I am a fan of reductio ad absurdum, I'd like you to share your past experiences or findings that have led you to this decision. This way I can understanding the issues you're addressing and in turn respond to you accordingly.

The Conservative and a lot of Australians hate refugees(Asylum seekers). I have heard a lot of racism against Asians and aboriginals. From my personal experience, Australia can be a nasty place to racial minorities. I come from Australia.

BBS Signature

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-14 08:45:40

New Zealand easy. Australia has some of the worst politics on earth

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature