00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Herozaitama just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Australia Or New Zealand

2,478 Views | 30 Replies

Response to Australia Or New Zealand 2013-07-15 12:58:03

At 7/14/13 06:48 AM, Grimdalus wrote: The Conservative and a lot of Australians hate refugees(Asylum seekers). I have heard a lot of racism against Asians and aboriginals. From my personal experience, Australia can be a nasty place to racial minorities. I come from Australia.

I definitely don't deny that stuff like this still continues in Australia. In fact, I could say the same thing about the US, considering how much bigotry still remains here. Your discrepancy with the term "progressive" though is a bit untoward. Progression is not exclusive to the acceptance of racial diversity and certainly isn't limited to one group of people within a country. Unfortunately, the majority of progress I refer to is unfit for discussion in this thread.

As for my comment on Australia being a melting pot. This is true, Australia is often hailed as one of the worldâEUTMs most successful examples of multiculturalism. There are over 200 different ancestries reported living there and 22% of the population is actually born overseas. Australia as a country has grown a lot in the last few decades and there is no doubt one can consider this progress.

Thank you for reading.

Sources cited: The Estonian Archives in Sydney; the Archive of Australian Judaica at Sydney University; the Jewish Museum of Australia in Melbourne; the Australian Jewish Historical Society Archives in Sydney. The ASA directory lists an additional four: the Australian Jewish Historical Society in Victoria, the Bendigo Chinese Museum, the Cornish Guild of Heralds in Queensland and the Elda Vaccari Collection of Multicultural Studies at Victoria University of Technology.

Voice of Pipistrella in Pit People, Riley from Zonestream. Voice of Lily, Aurora and Lenora in Everwing