00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

5Harkbait178 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

60 Frame Collab 5:

41,220 Views | 579 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 04:57:08

i'll work on my 2nd part soon ;)

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 07:52:31

Please use these guidelines when submitting work.

Please make sure your stage size is 480x350.
Please place all symbols into a folder.
Please place animations into one movie clip on the stage.
Don't include your name in the animation, i will do that.

I have edited all fla that i have recieved so far.
Thanks guys, and keep the parts flying in.

So far there are only 10 completed parts.
Spread the word, i want to more quality submissions to make this an EPIC collab.
I need atleast another 40 more../..

60 Frame Collab 5:

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 08:11:54

alrighty, keep ya pants on mate!

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 08:16:15

At 12/1/12 08:11 AM, SnowyBangers wrote: alrighty, keep ya pants on mate!

we'll remember next time :)

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 09:38:22

Spread the word, i want to more quality submissions to make this an EPIC collab.

Working on second part, also i have a friend making something for this as well :)

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 09:41:48

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 11:51:33

At 12/1/12 09:38 AM, VaguelyWonderful wrote:
Working on second part, also i have a friend making something for this as well :)

That is wonderful, checked out that link for the music but just found pictures no music :[

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 12:08:19

That is wonderful, checked out that link for the music but just found pictures no music :[

Oh, you need to click on the pictures, they take you to different bandcamp pages full of decent music

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 14:02:08

Here is the list of Animators and progress report:
The following have completed their parts and sent me their .fla files:
(Invitations Sent)

# ReklessCreation
# SnowyBangers
# VaguelyWonderful
# Riott
# Arkcez
# MetalBooster
# isthacon

The following have completed their parts but i haven't recieved their final .fla files:

#Mownkey
#Shinsukelto
#JoelOnToast
#Max-Vador

The next group have submitted some rough process work but still need to finish their parts:

#Atzu
#Mr-Shark
#Sketchy
#Jurgen
#robbe
#Sakahuman

There are many more who have joined and i am eagerly waiting for their submissions. And if i forgot somebody then let me know and i will include them :]

Lastly to everybody involved please could you draw a face icon using the oval i supplied. I will incorporate these into the menu. Just pm me the swf and i will import it onto the stage. Or you can send me the fla file in CS4 format or lower.

Links to the basic Oval shape: CS4 .fla / .swf / .jpeg

Hey even if you dont animate a part and only make a face icon, i will include it.
But i would appreciate both

Zee bra

p.s here is an example of what my icon will look like

60 Frame Collab 5:

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 14:45:41

My Icon (.fla)

60 Frame Collab 5:

A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 15:38:54

At 12/1/12 02:45 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote: My Icon (.fla)

That was quick, Thanks

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 17:12:57

Just to show I'm working on it. Not a whole lot of progress.

WIP

First time uploading something, sorry if i bawlzed it up

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 17:24:23

In a few days I'll upload my progress. I'm animating frame by frame so that's what taking me so long. But I'll have it done before the deadline :D.

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 17:43:41

At 12/1/12 05:41 PM, KaDoYuu wrote:
At 12/1/12 05:24 PM, Mrcoleman321 wrote: In a few days I'll upload my progress. I'm animating frame by frame so that's what taking me so long. But I'll have it done before the deadline :D.
Wait, fbf is required, or is it optional? I do frame-by-frame, but it's okay to, like, tween backgrounds and stuff, right?

you don't have to do FBF, just most people do because its only a 60 frame thing.

A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 20:07:18

Heres a face for the menu: .Fla
(tried to keep it as oval as possible)

And a part for the extra section:
.Swf
.Fla
(please dont include it in main section if you end up abandoning the extras)

:)

60 Frame Collab 5:

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 21:05:09

Sorry been busy with other stuff, now to try and juggle 3 projects, should be finished soon will have a icon soon too, may even complete a second part, this will all happen during next week. In the meantime here is a super draft of Beemo smoking a cigarette, need to work out some extremes to work with and then go from there but here is at least an idea of what I'm making.

Enjoy

Youtube | Tumblr | Website | Email | Hi I'm Eddie Oberbichler, I'm from Melbourne, Australia and I'm docobe on youtube... that's all.

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 22:32:17

Here's my face Icon. .fla I tried to make it oval as possible. If you want me to change the size, let me know.

60 Frame Collab 5:

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 23:58:49

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-02 06:24:52

I must say everyone's icons are looking amazing!! It is great to see animators returning from the shadows and giving us some feed back on their progress and posting some process work. Keep it up

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-02 10:00:13

Okay Zeeb,

Here is a rough application flow. The scrolling items were giving me a lot of trouble, so I've turned them off for now. I'll be doing some research today and should have an updated example my Tuesday.

You can navigate through the Main, Play, and Credits screens without having to reset the app. There is no Extras screen yet. (I don't know what goes on there.) Play screen has mock next and previous functionality. However you're planning on adding the animations will determine how that stuff will function.

Everything is in a pretty rough state right now, and I tried to keep it light so we have room for additions. Let me know what else you want out of this thing and I'll add it to the Tuesday update.

I'm going to get back to my own animation now!

Talk to you soon.

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-02 12:03:33

At 12/2/12 10:00 AM, Halvgoeden wrote: Okay Zee,

Here is a rough application flow. The scrolling items were giving me a lot of trouble, so I've turned them off for now. I'll be doing some research today and should have an updated example my Tuesday.

The menu looks awesome, well done! Could you possibly pm me the fla sothat i can just see how you structured everything. So i can see how to organize the animations and place the icons and mainly for curiosity :]

You can navigate through the Main, Play, and Credits screens without having to reset the app. There is no Extras screen yet. (I don't know what goes on there.) Play screen has mock next and previous functionality. However you're planning on adding the animations will determine how that stuff will function.

The extra section will consist of animations that weren't good enough to be part of the main stream and also include process work that animators have posted in this forum. I have a few design ideas that i will pm you a little later.

Any recommendations on how to structure the submissions? I usually setup movie clip symbols on individual frames and make the next and previous buttons have scripting to just jump to the next frame or go back to the previous. But i am always interested in learning new and easier ways.

Everything is in a pretty rough state right now, and I tried to keep it light so we have room for additions. Let me know what else you want out of this thing and I'll add it to the Tuesday update.

Im very happy with it, i might want to bring in a splashes of colour at a later stage to emphasize a few things.

I'm going to get back to my own animation now!

keen to see what you come up with.

Talk to you soon.

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-02 17:00:35

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-02 23:14:53

At 12/2/12 10:00 AM, Halvgoeden wrote: The scrolling items were giving me a lot of trouble, so I've turned them off for now.

Think I can solve your problem there.
1.) Make each item a symbol (if they aren't already) with instance names p1, p2, p3 etc...
2.) Then place this code on the frame:

participents=10
scrollSpeed=0.2
iconSpacing=Stage.height/2

onEnterFrame=function(){
		for(i=1;i<=participents;i++){
			stuff(_root["p"+i],i)
		}
}
stuff=function(s,i){
	//positioning icons
	if(loadeed==undefined){
		s._x=Stage.width/2
		s._y=(i-2)*(iconSpacing)
		iniW=s._width
		iniH=s._height
		if(i==participents){
			loadeed=true
		}
	}
	//scrolling
	s._y+=(_root._ymouse-iconSpacing)*scrollSpeed
	//wrapping
	if(s._y>=participents*iconSpacing-iconSpacing){
		s._y-=participents*iconSpacing
	}
	if(s._y<=-iconSpacing){
		s._y+=participents*iconSpacing
	}
}

3.) Select values for the variables on the top 3 lines of the code:
(i) participents is the number of icons
(ii) scrollSpeed affects the speed that the icons scroll at
(iii) iconSpacing is the distance between icons which I've default set as half the window height although you may wish to change it

Also, you might want to make the icons button symbols rather than movieclips if you intend to have any mouseOver effects.
Feel free to PM me if you need anything else or if this doesn't work for some reason.

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-02 23:20:48

whoops made a small mistake in that code. Copy this instead:

participents=10
scrollSpeed=0.2
iconSpacing=Stage.height/2

onEnterFrame=function(){
		for(i=1;i<=participents;i++){
			stuff(_root["p"+i],i)
		}
}
stuff=function(s,i){
	//positioning icons
	if(loadeed==undefined){
		s._x=Stage.width/2
		s._y=(i-2)*(iconSpacing)
		iniW=s._width
		iniH=s._height
		if(i==participents){
			loadeed=true
		}
	}
	//scrolling
	s._y+=(_root._ymouse-(Stage.height/2))*scrollSpeed
	//wrapping
	if(s._y>=participents*iconSpacing-iconSpacing){
		s._y-=participents*iconSpacing
	}
	if(s._y<=-iconSpacing){
		s._y+=participents*iconSpacing
	}
}

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-03 03:56:17

Sorry for the delay, here's my WIP for the collab.

The current background texture is just a placeholder, there are some inbetweens still to be done for the head, legs and tutu, mayhaps some animated fire and lights here and there and then the shadow of the character.

BTW, I have two questions:
1.- We have to make also an icon / signature for the menu / animation selection, right?
2.- I guess the collab admins will decide the appropiate music for the final result, so I can't / shouldn't add any sounds, or could I propose you a possible audio for my part that is not to loud and noisy?
That of course, if I actually finish first all the visual stuff ahd have the free time to find a nice silly laugh for the man :p

Greetings to everyone! Or something more or less similar like that

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-03 04:02:38

BTW again:

There's a background bitmap texture that I don't know why but it doesn't appear when I play the swf on the mozilla but it does on chrome and also on %%"·$"· explorer. Mayhaps it is just my current mozilla installed flash player plugin, but I wanted you to know in case you couldn't watch it either.

The final swf will have a vector based background. I think ... >_O

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-03 08:20:18

Progress Report 2

Got to redo some bits... considering it's just 60 frames will probably redo the whole thing. Got to add a crazy colour bg like hot pink maybe and need to work on that smoke. Make his hand not so tweened looking and just correct some of the overall animation.

Will have a finished version ready next week and an icon and probably a second piece about summer time and hugging the sun???

Youtube | Tumblr | Website | Email | Hi I'm Eddie Oberbichler, I'm from Melbourne, Australia and I'm docobe on youtube... that's all.

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-03 17:23:05

@Johobo: Thank you very much i will play around with this code!!

@Atzu: Greetings, your character looks hilarious but the movements a little choppy which should be resolved when you do the time consuming inbetweens. I would love to see all those added extas especially the vector background, if you find the time. Yes i require an oval (ish) face icon for the credits section which will be a link to your Ng User page. Hopefully create more exposure for the animators involved :]

With regards to the sound there will be one soundtrack playing over the whole collection of animations (Sort of a music video)
But im still open to suggestions on awesome soundtracks to use for the 2-3 minute animation (approx 40-60 parts) and a relatively long looping track for the menu.

@MetalBooster: Im not finalizing my decision on the music until i have majority of the animations combined, around the end of January. Mainly to get a feel of how the tempo, synchronization fits etc. Especially with the beat, having to accommodate a new animation every three seconds. I might be asking a lot from a soundtrack but the music is very important.

@edddie-John: I love it when people give their own crits on them selves :] But it is looking cool, have you ever smoked? Could i maybe recommend when the character inhales the smoke the cherry glows extremely bright. Then he savors it for a few frames and exhales it very slowly. Maybe blows a few rings :] Just my opinion as an x smoker, and would love to see a second part.

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-04 09:42:03

I smoke, was not happy with that either, the rings were not for me though, so I hope you like this final version.

Also here is my icon and I will probably draft up my second bit tomorrow to see if you like it. I have sent the fla's to you Zeebs.

60 Frame Collab 5:

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-04 18:40:53

Raagh!!

Here's my animation pre-vis.

It's Altair as a kid stabbing some obnoxious squirrels with wrist-pencils. I think I'm going to change the storytelling a little bit so the squirrels have an introduction, but then it's just a matter of filling in those frames with real art!

Conveying something in three seconds aint easy.