00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiToDaAra just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

60 Frame Collab 5:

41,229 Views | 579 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-24 16:38:48

At 11/24/12 04:12 PM, Riott wrote: but when I'm done I still plan on making more 1 or possibly more submissions for this :D

Awesome! And you know who to message if you need voices xD

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-25 07:12:33

Hello all you collabers, there are officially only 5 weeks till the new year, this year has gone by so quickly. Well anyway down to business.

@Riott/Nat29: Thanks again for offering and helping to convert files down to CS4.

@Metalbooster: Your animation has improved a great deal and yes you are in. Yes you can make another part but i expect it to be even greater than the first :]

@Snowybangers: Looking forward to another daily second from you

@ColonelMagus: Unfortunately for this collab we dont need any voice actors. But i will keep in touch with you regarding future projects.

@Eddie-John: Hey yeah thats fine with me as long as you did the animations. Hope to see some roughs soon.

@Riott: When is the new deadline for that collab?

Does anybody have ideas on what music to use for this collab?
Or experienced musicians who want to make a 60 frame collab song?
And any unique crazy concepts on how to structure the menu?
Or experienced programmers out there who can help me to do the actionscripting?
Drop us a line in this forum....

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-25 07:36:53

Let's get to business.The audio file by 'Raghav Juyal' aka Crocroaz and his theme song is this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/698f13bf3825ea87a48a7f95 daeb8701

PS=I will make another animation,after my exams.Also,I have never ever collabed.So how will I know if I am sent an invitation.Also,can you post the Link to the project online?

I will have a listen to the track you suggested. And with regards to the invitations they will be sent as a private message in your inbox and all you need to do is accept and then you are in. I will send these invitations close to the end of January. but will keep you posted on updates in this forum.

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-25 13:52:03

my dump
I think 20 fps is way too fast, I prefer 15 fps.

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-25 15:15:17

At 11/25/12 01:52 PM, Sakahuman wrote: my dump
I think 20 fps is way too fast, I prefer 15 fps.

24-30 fps is the standard for TV and Film. 60 fps for Games.

Just to keep that in mind :P

A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-25 20:40:57

Here's mine:
.Swf
.Fla
What do you guys think? :D

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-26 14:26:38

Alright so I'm cripplingly new, but I'll give this a shot.

I know you want some form of quality control, so ill just upload a bit of process here and you can tell me if I'm wanted. I will probably need a bit of help with uploading since I'm animating on a prehistoric version of flash. We can talk about that more if you like the clip though.

Umm yeah, I guess I'll go think of something to animate now.

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-26 14:30:49

At 11/25/12 08:40 PM, VaguelyWonderful wrote: Here's mine:
.Swf
.Fla
What do you guys think? :D

Haha! Leek Spin! Nice, I like it! at least it wasn't ponies :P

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-27 11:40:24

@Sakahuman: Your part is a nice start but it needs some more work. Add some details to the background, bring the creature to life... make its head bounce, eye's blink etc. Less tweening, rather add more frame by frame animation.

@ReklessCreation: Words of Wisdom :] No ponies haha
@VaguelyWonderful: I like; part accepted. Very simple animation and artwork nicely stylized. Good Job now for the next part...
@Reekrus: If you don't try then you will never succeed. And we will make a plan with converting your files. We are patiently awaiting some breath taking work from you :]

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-27 20:53:07

At 11/27/12 11:40 AM, zeebrafication wrote:

just begun my part, parody to the medical logo :P

finally completed my solo project. :P

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-27 21:27:40

'And any unique crazy concepts on how to structure the menu?'

Well hereâEUTMs a really rough idea: Link
Basically everybody could draw a small picture of themselves and the menu could scroll through them all somehow.
(Obviously the final version would have to look a hell of a lot better than my example)

Just a suggestion :)

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-27 23:23:48

At 11/27/12 09:27 PM, VaguelyWonderful wrote: 'And any unique crazy concepts on how to structure the menu?'

Basically everybody could draw a small picture of themselves and the menu could scroll through them all somehow.
(Obviously the final version would have to look a hell of a lot better than my example)

I like it, kind of an attonement to the older 60frames collab too, Maybe even have something silly going on in the background of the menu too, like if we keep that song (which was awesome) I could even work something out for that.

btw, the you can sing along to the menu song by going "derp derp derp"

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-29 13:31:42

At 11/27/12 09:27 PM, VaguelyWonderful wrote: 'And any unique crazy concepts on how to structure the menu?'

I like it, the world would be lost without suggestions. maybe each head could be a link to the different animators homepage. Hmmm... a button inside a movie clip is that possible...? And that "Crocroaz" sound track is awesome. Ill start working on something with regards to the menu. Im open to more ideas.

And anybody else interested in animating a 60 frame short for this collab, Get Involved.
There are officially 60 DAYS left. All you need to do is animate one frame a day and post updates in this forum :]
Give it your best efforts and you will reap the rewards!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-29 18:40:10

Okay, I'm doing this.

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-29 18:42:41

At 11/29/12 06:40 PM, Halvgoeden wrote: Okay, I'm doing this.

Also, if you still need any help designing the menus it's what I do at work, so I'd be glad to work on it.

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-29 19:45:27

I'm slightly limited, program wise. The best I could do is make some .gifs, then turn them into a video file, and then converting into a .swf file. (Assuming the program i use to turn it into a video doesn't automatically have a .swf. And I do not have a way to convert images into flash symbols, unless someone could aid me.

Giving these limitations, is there a way I could still be accepted into this collab?

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-29 20:04:59

Oh, I had seen this before, but I didn't know it was still going on. I'd like to join :)

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-30 08:49:45

completed my first part! :D

my part my snowybangers

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-30 13:19:54

@Halvgoeden: Welcome and yes i will still need some help with the menu. How is your actionscript knowledge?

FuyumiAya: These are just challenges not limitations :] Welcome to the collab, i can help you find a solution to converting it to a swf. Just pm more details on how you animate, what programs and tools you use.

Energyrain: Welcome and get animating your 3 seconds of awesomeness.

Snowybangers: great, you made a part, i like it. To improve could i just suggest to add some subtle shading to the snakes & wings and make the snake bite the wing about a centimeter lower. Or maybe make both snakes move and animate the wing to fly down the side of the screen :] Just some ideas, use them if you want

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-30 14:09:23

At 11/30/12 01:19 PM, zeebrafication wrote: @Halvgoeden: Welcome and yes i will still need some help with the menu. How is your actionscript knowledge?

I haven't used AS2 in a long time, but I know it well enough that I can put buttons and scrolling things together after a couple of Google searches. I'm not a programmer though, so heads up.

What help will you need? Is there a solid plan for the menu layout yet? If you want I can put together some layouts this weekend. I like the animator portrait carousel idea posted earlier in the thread.

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-30 14:32:39

Heres a rough doodle of a plan for a possible credit page: Link
(everyones name would be includedâEU¦ upon selection of each name, the picture and bio would changeâEU¦ the final version would be far cleaner and more professional than the sketch Ive provided)

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-30 15:22:50

At 11/30/12 02:09 PM, Halvgoeden wrote: I haven't used AS2 in a long time, but I know it well enough that I can put buttons and scrolling things together after a couple of Google searches. I'm not a programmer though, so heads up.

Just as an example, here is something I made years ago in AS2 (abandoned project)

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/ac5a84b82db365c3c8f17833 2c8f4d4f

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-30 15:33:54

At 11/30/12 02:09 PM, Halvgoeden wrote: What help will you need? Is there a solid plan for the menu layout yet? If you want I can put together some layouts this weekend. I like the animator portrait carousel idea posted earlier in the thread.

Thats great, my knowledge of AS is basic aswell so help with making interactive buttons and a guide line to an interactive menu would be great. Well the animator portrait carousel that vaguelywonderful came up with, is what we will use for the menu. Here are some scripting examples which i am very curious about, anybody know how they work...

The scripting used when hovering over buttons
I want to apply this to the portraits when a user hovers over a button. Any ideas how to do this?

And does anybody know how to make this scrollable screen like this Any ideas? I wanted to use this idea for countless projects.

Any ideas or help is appreciated :]

@Vaguely wonderful: Im not sure about the structure of this for the credit page.

I would rather use the menu that Halvgoeden has shared (called audio levels) as an example. But some how show all animators in an overview scrolling along the screen for users to click directly on the animators. Am i making any sense haha??

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-30 16:02:03

@Vaguely wonderful: Im not sure about the structure of this for the credit page.

I would rather use the menu that Halvgoeden has shared (called audio levels) as an example. But some how show all animators in an overview scrolling along the screen for users to click directly on the animators. Am i making any sense haha??

Ha, ok :P

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-30 16:09:02

At 11/30/12 03:33 PM, zeebrafication wrote: The scripting used when hovering over buttons
I want to apply this to the portraits when a user hovers over a button. Any ideas how to do this?
And does anybody know how to make this scrollable screen like this Any ideas? I wanted to use this idea for countless projects.
Any ideas or help is appreciated :]

first time seeing this, i'll try it out and let you know. looks like it would be useful in the future as well

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-30 16:11:29

At 11/30/12 03:33 PM, zeebrafication wrote: I want to apply this to the portraits when a user hovers over a button. Any ideas how to do this?

Sure. These are just a matter of setting speed variables to the background objects and manipulating them based on mouse events. It's actually super simple with AS2 because we can put script right on movieclips. It's a designer's playground.

If you want to do this like the Comic-Con poster, we can totally do that. :)

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-30 16:56:36

At 11/30/12 04:11 PM, Halvgoeden wrote:
At 11/30/12 03:33 PM, zeebrafication wrote: I want to apply this to the portraits when a user hovers over a button. Any ideas how to do this?

Sure. These are just a matter of setting speed variables to the background objects and manipulating them based on mouse events. It's actually super simple with AS2 because we can put script right on movieclips. It's a designer's playground.

If you want to do this like the Comic-Con poster, we can totally do that. :)

That sounds like a plan, if you can work out the scripting etc then that will be perfect, simple and easy to navigate.
Seriously i have always wanted to use this for my professional portfolio, please teach me :]

Yeah AS2 is awesome the way you can put script directly on to buttons etc.
Honestly i have been a little afraid of AS3 :] i understand you need to place all your scripting in one frame referring to different objects and that means labelling everything correctly. Too technical for me.

Just to inform you the menu will consist of three buttons for now
PLAY / EXTRAS / CREDITS

BBS Signature

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-11-30 21:02:08

Snowybangers: great, you made a part, i like it. To improve could i just suggest to add some subtle shading to the snakes & wings and make the snake bite the wing about a centimeter lower. Or maybe make both snakes move and animate the wing to fly down the side of the screen :] Just some ideas, use them if you want

i'm add soem shaded grren colour to the snakes and the wings, and yeah i'll make the snake bite a centimetre lower, shouldn't be to hard mate :)

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 02:09:41

zeebra dude, updated..

didn't feel the need to aniamte the other snake, just the other snake would do it.
updated shaded part

Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2012-12-01 04:01:51

At 12/1/12 02:09 AM, SnowyBangers wrote: zeebra dude, updated..

didn't feel the need to aniamte the other snake, just the other snake would do it.
updated shaded part

The shading looks good but one final thing due to you moving the one snake down, the top snake is overlapping the snake below, maybe nudge the snake below a centimetre down aswel :] see image below. And then you are done. pm me the fla when you get a chance.

60 Frame Collab 5:

BBS Signature