Be a Supporter!

60 Frame Collab 5:

  • 25,096 Views
  • 611 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-02 16:31:07 Reply

At 1/1/13 08:07 PM, MacDonaldFin wrote:
At 1/1/13 07:56 PM, MacDonaldFin wrote: So, the main animation is complete, I just have to do a proper background and I should be done!
Woops, for some reason an effect for the red ball has disappeared...
Here's the better version!

Ok now I can see what happens with the right hand, I like the spaceship but could you work on the background. When you done then pm me the files.

At 1/1/13 09:59 PM, SnowyBangers wrote: 2nd part will be made soon ;)

Can't wait to see what you come up with this time.

At 1/1/13 11:44 PM, Jurgen wrote: Progress.
Almost done.

Just checking will you add something into the background and some colour?

At 1/2/13 08:36 AM, MagicMichael66 wrote: Can I still join or is it too late?
Sorry for posting again, but I noticed that there is a 30 June deadline. Question: Can I make multiple layers, or you want the whole thing in one? I'm guessing when I finish the animation I have to put everything in a movieclip. Can I make more that one parts?

Yes you may join and use multiple layers within a symbol (movie clip or graphic) then place all symbols into a folder. I am looking for quality parts so focus on one part and when that submission is accepted then you may make another.

The Updated Deadline Is 31 JANUARY 2013

At 1/2/13 10:52 AM, MetalBooster wrote: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy Happy :]


BBS Signature
MacDonaldFin
MacDonaldFin
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-02 17:52:34 Reply

At 1/2/13 04:31 PM, zeebrafication wrote: Ok now I can see what happens with the right hand, I like the spaceship but could you work on the background. When you done then pm me the files.

No worries, the background is being changed as we speak.

SirJuicyLemon
SirJuicyLemon
  • Member since: Jan. 3, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-03 01:29:44 Reply

Sorry if i hadn't read all in this topic, it's because i'm not English so it's hard for me to handle the language and it's even harder to read all those things but is there a place left or all the places are already taken ? Thanks for reading.

Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-03 02:51:42 Reply

At 1/3/13 01:29 AM, SirJuicyLemon wrote: Sorry if i hadn't read all in this topic, it's because i'm not English so it's hard for me to handle the language and it's even harder to read all those things but is there a place left or all the places are already taken ? Thanks for reading.

Yeah sure you can join. Remember to post process work updates on this forum. Give it your best shot.


BBS Signature
Jurgen
Jurgen
  • Member since: Sep. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-03 13:41:45 Reply

At 1/2/13 04:31 PM, zeebrafication wrote:
At 1/1/13 08:07 PM, MacDonaldFin wrote:
At 1/1/13 07:56 PM, MacDonaldFin wrote:
At 1/1/13 11:44 PM, Jurgen wrote:
Progress.
Almost done.
Just checking will you add something into the background and some colour?

I'm not sure yet, as I don't really know what the background could be - I mean just drawing in a house or something like that not only is irrelevant but could kind of ruin the feel - but yes I will add colours, and if I can't settle on something for a background I'll put some sort of effects in the background or something.


GamerTag: MEGAxCptnWalrus

Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-03 14:11:50 Reply

At 1/3/13 01:41 PM, Jurgen wrote: I'm not sure yet, as I don't really know what the background could be - I mean just drawing in a house or something like that not only is irrelevant but could kind of ruin the feel - but yes I will add colours, and if I can't settle on something for a background I'll put some sort of effects in the background or something.

Sounds like a plan :]


BBS Signature
MacDonaldFin
MacDonaldFin
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-03 19:39:14 Reply

HERE is my entry with the updated background.

SirJuicyLemon
SirJuicyLemon
  • Member since: Jan. 3, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-04 01:33:19 Reply

Well... Here is the animation i've done so far.
Collab entry 1

I'm hearing reviews about it, what i have to add, remove, change/correct.

MacDonaldFin
MacDonaldFin
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-04 06:44:10 Reply

At 1/4/13 01:33 AM, SirJuicyLemon wrote: Well... Here is the animation i've done so far.
Collab entry 1

I'm hearing reviews about it, what i have to add, remove, change/correct.

It looks good so far, me only problem is that the background seems a little bare to me, perhaps add some clouds to the sky or trees that sonic is running past.

Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-04 10:09:13 Reply

B) dat ass

SirJuicyLemon
SirJuicyLemon
  • Member since: Jan. 3, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-04 12:06:30 Reply

At 1/4/13 06:44 AM, MacDonaldFin wrote:
At 1/4/13 01:33 AM, SirJuicyLemon wrote: Well... Here is the animation i've done so far.
Collab entry 1

I'm hearing reviews about it, what i have to add, remove, change/correct.
It looks good so far, me only problem is that the background seems a little bare to me, perhaps add some clouds to the sky or trees that sonic is running past.

Ye... I have in mind to make more things to the background. I did this in 3am in the morning so i was tired and that's why it's like a pretty simple background compared to the animation. Thanks for helping :)

houzatosis
houzatosis
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-04 13:21:56 Reply

latest update

Cleaned up the coloring a bit and worked on the background. Still need to do my face icon, though.

robbe
robbe
  • Member since: Mar. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-04 14:17:16 Reply

At 1/3/13 01:41 PM, Jurgen wrote: I'm not sure yet, as I don't really know what the background could be - I mean just drawing in a house or something like that not only is irrelevant but could kind of ruin the feel - but yes I will add colours, and if I can't settle on something for a background I'll put some sort of effects in the background or something.

Hey, I really like your animation, makes me think of BLU (you should check some of his vids, they are amazing). Also reminds me a little of FULICULI, a very random short anime series.

Adding a background might indeed be hard on this one, maybe just a wall texture can be enough (inspired by BLU, heh). Good luck ;)


BBS Signature
MacDonaldFin
MacDonaldFin
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-04 19:31:38 Reply

Was just looking through the old posts there, found out we had to create an icon as well, so here is the preview! and the .FLA.

houzatosis
houzatosis
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-05 03:30:00 Reply

face icon .fla

preview image:

60 Frame Collab 5:

Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-05 03:44:07 Reply

At 1/4/13 10:09 AM, Max-Vador wrote: B) dat ass

Ass B dat, where your fla at Mr vador?

At 1/4/13 12:06 PM, SirJuicyLemon wrote:
I'm hearing reviews about it, what i have to add, remove, change/correct.
It looks good so far, me only problem is that the background seems a little bare to me, perhaps add some clouds to the sky or trees that sonic is running past.

And maybe add some perspective to the scene. Could also move sonic away from the brown which I am assuming is the edge so that he doesn't fall off.

Ye... I have in mind to make more things to the background. I did this in 3am in the morning so i was tired and that's why it's like a pretty simple background compared to the animation. Thanks for helping :)

One last thing is insert a few more frames in between the run cycle so that its not so choppy. Keep on improving it and will come out looking great :]

At 1/4/13 01:21 PM, houzatosis wrote: Cleaned up the coloring a bit and worked on the background. Still need to do my face icon, though.

Nice work, I like it. Pm me the fla file when you get a chance. Just out of curiosity are you using Toon Boom to animate?

At 1/4/13 07:31 PM, MacDonaldFin wrote: Was just looking through the old posts there, found out we had to create an icon as well, so here is the preview! and the .FLA.

Cool thanks,

JUST A REMINDER TO ALL I NEED AN ICON FROM ALL TAKING PART WHICH I WILL USE AS A BUTTON THAT WILL TAKE YOU TO YOUR NEWGROUNDS USERPAGE.


BBS Signature
Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-05 03:48:39 Reply

At 1/5/13 03:30 AM, houzatosis wrote: face icon .fla
preview image:

Nice Icon
You have got a pretty awesome drawing style to your work, would be very interested in seeing what tools you use...?

Go post your specs and a photo at what does your workspace look like


BBS Signature
Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-05 04:04:39 Reply

At 1/5/13 03:30 AM, houzatosis wrote: face icon .fla

preview image:

Please Convert your Icon to a CS4 format
I can't open it otherwise


BBS Signature
houzatosis
houzatosis
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-05 04:09:56 Reply

At 1/5/13 03:44 AM, zeebrafication wrote: Nice work, I like it. Pm me the fla file when you get a chance. Just out of curiosity are you using Toon Boom to animate?

Nah, just using cs6 and a bamboo tablet. So should I send my .fla to nat29 first for conversion or just pm it to both of you?

Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-05 04:16:14 Reply

At 1/5/13 04:09 AM, houzatosis wrote:
At 1/5/13 03:44 AM, zeebrafication wrote:
Nah, just using cs6 and a bamboo tablet. So should I send my .fla to nat29 first for conversion or just pm it to both of you?

Ok cool, Get the fla converted down first and then send it to me. And if you don't hear from Nat29 over the next week or two then we needa find someone else to convert the files down. Anybody who could do this?...


BBS Signature
DylaneggsProductions
DylaneggsProductions
  • Member since: Jan. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-05 14:46:35 Reply

He's my part tell me if there's anything better you want me to do with it and then I'll have one of the two people you mentioned to convert the FLA. down to an older format.


BBS Signature
Grompula
Grompula
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-05 17:19:27 Reply

At 12/31/12 11:17 AM, Grompula wrote: Hey guys! I wanna join in, if its possible.
here's my submission:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8ccfb094870ac7e8a0f746cf aa05d047
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/cd2685696e5393d1bae27114 994b1d00
is this enough, or do i need to do more?
Haha funny clip but unfortunately there is no sound allowed so could i recommend you animate a stinky fart cloud to replace the sound.

Keep up the great work and Thanks to robbe for all the great feed back and welcome to our newest member MacDonaldFin :]

done!
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/53d237d3f9125fed383ded20 04bf3dcb
I have replaced my sound with a fart cloud :)

CzeryWassierSwizier
CzeryWassierSwizier
  • Member since: May. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-05 21:36:47 Reply

Looks like fun. I think I'll join!


I'm a noob.

itsthacon
itsthacon
  • Member since: Aug. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-05 22:29:00 Reply

Man a lot of these are awesome! Really itching for this to come out!

Energyrain
Energyrain
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-06 23:14:01 Reply

Here's my part so far. Just a preview, but I wanted to show I'm working. The sound will be taken out too: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/c32ff67d7ac368005ae08b1a c8fa9db2

Comments and critiques would be appreciated! :)

robbe
robbe
  • Member since: Mar. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-08 13:24:07 Reply

At 1/6/13 11:14 PM, Energyrain wrote: Here's my part so far. Just a preview, but I wanted to show I'm working. The sound will be taken out too: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/c32ff67d7ac368005ae08b1a c8fa9db2

Comments and critiques would be appreciated! :)

I like :). The perspective of the closet is completely wrong, but I hope you noticed yourself :). Since it's a rough version I'll let you get away with it.

Otherwise... good job


BBS Signature
Energyrain
Energyrain
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-08 14:59:41 Reply

At 1/8/13 01:24 PM, robbe wrote:
At 1/6/13 11:14 PM, Energyrain wrote: Here's my part so far. Just a preview, but I wanted to show I'm working. The sound will be taken out too: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/c32ff67d7ac368005ae08b1a c8fa9db2

Comments and critiques would be appreciated! :)
I like :). The perspective of the closet is completely wrong, but I hope you noticed yourself :). Since it's a rough version I'll let you get away with it.

Otherwise... good job

Thanks, I appreciate the comments! Although he's not, per se, coming out of the closet. He's just sliding past it. I can still fix it if necessary though, haha.

Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-08 15:19:47 Reply

doorway looks fine to me. i think he's confused on it opening outward rather than inward

Energyrain
Energyrain
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-08 15:57:11 Reply

At 1/8/13 03:19 PM, Max-Vador wrote: doorway looks fine to me. i think he's confused on it opening outward rather than inward

Ah, you could be right. How's your part coming along?

Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: 2013-01-08 16:35:45 Reply

my 2 are already done. i don't think i'll be making a 3rd part.