ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 11:40 PM Reply

At 12/6/12 09:21 PM, TS-Romulus wrote: I would like to join :D
My entry (WIP) : http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/500c236f044b6ef41936a41b f5c5aa52

I like it, I'd say maybe start off a bit closer though, then zoom out when everything flys out of the fridge, but its awesome otherwiese!

A Girl in A Room Collaboration II -coming soon-
Rekless @ Twitch TV ( Mon-Thurs @ 10pm GMT )

BBS Signature
JoelOnToast
JoelOnToast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 7th, 2012 @ 06:08 PM Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/c9caa4b981f80b1af8fc787c 757e121a

Final entry. Lost the original flash due to an unfortunate pc crash, but I managed to save an incomplete version which I redid, which is why the animation is slightly different.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/96e8228f58aa5bfc517b20af 964dff54

No-Brainer
No-Brainer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 12:12 PM Reply

I was in the last one, so i'll try to whip up a few good ones after my project is finished.

Aimless Adventures - Go start your adventure today! HOME OF REALMS, THE AMAZING NEW WEBCOMIC.

BBS Signature
TS-Romulus
TS-Romulus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Atzu
Atzu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 07:23 PM Reply

Here's my "Hairy Dancing Sailor"

with tutu

with out tutu

I don't know how many of the missing extras as the fire, smokes, shadows, mayhaps some detail for the background, and getting right the wiggling inbetweens I'll be able to pull before the deadline, so I'll do the eliptic icon in the next days first.

I also want to add blur to the background, but I'm using TB so I'll have to wait till I import the animation to flash to measure the right blur.

Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 07:44 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 07:23 PM, Atzu wrote: Here's my "Hairy Dancing Sailor"

with tutu

with out tutu

I don't know how many of the missing extras as the fire, smokes, shadows, mayhaps some detail for the background, and getting right the wiggling inbetweens I'll be able to pull before the deadline, so I'll do the eliptic icon in the next days first.

I also want to add blur to the background, but I'm using TB so I'll have to wait till I import the animation to flash to measure the right blur.

Your sailor is hilarious. The background effects aren't important, rather spend more time smoothing out his movements.
I don't know if it would be necessary to use a blur in the background. But honestly it looks awesome. And change what you deem necessary. I like the animation with the tutu :]

UPDATE\
Your icon can be animated like for example a face that has eyes blinking or mouth that talks in a loop etc

Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 08:07 PM Reply

@JoelonToast:Super Stoked your were able make a plan to retrieve and finish your funny submission.

@DukeSteve Your submission needs a lot more animating and time spent on design colour schemes etc.
Hope to see some improvents before D Day.

@No-Brainer: Great news, another veteran :]

@TS-Romulus: So simple, i like it. Boom killer whale snack in your face.
Part accepted, yeah all u need is a face icon (animation optional) that will be a link to your NG user page.

robbe
robbe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 11:47 AM Reply

Hey, it's been a while, eh?
I've cleaned up my animation a bit, still got some (like redo it completely) work on the background and if I find the courage to do some shading I will do some shading. The hardest part is done, so I'll probably finish it next weekend or so.

Linky preview
(oh and the play button is temp. because sometimes loading/looping causes lag)

Yep, I managed to get myself into a collab while having a fulltime job. Why do I do such things :)? (because animating is fun, yay)
Oh and my icon will also follow somewhere later this week, maybe tonight.

BBS Signature
robbe
robbe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 01:32 PM Reply

Aaand here is my face icon.
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/e5e05768e0ddb63f2d55c2e5 3fa90549

Yep, that what I look like at the moment.

60 Frame Collab 5:

BBS Signature
Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 02:31 PM Reply

At 12/9/12 11:47 AM, robbe wrote: Hey, it's been a while, eh?
I've cleaned up my animation a bit, still got some (like redo it completely) work on the background and if I find the courage to do some shading I will do some shading. The hardest part is done, so I'll probably finish it next weekend or so.

Linky preview
(oh and the play button is temp. because sometimes loading/looping causes lag)

Yep, I managed to get myself into a collab while having a fulltime job. Why do I do such things :)? (because animating is fun, yay)
Oh and my icon will also follow somewhere later this week, maybe tonight.

Hello ello, im happy to see you still taking part in 60Frame Collab.

Your submission looks great, maybe a few slight adjustments to the background but those are tricky camera angles.
Cool icon, looking forward to the improvement. Keep on animating

KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 02:39 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 07:44 PM, zeebrafication wrote:
UPDATE\
Your icon can be animated like for example a face that has eyes blinking or mouth that talks in a loop etc

Should it animate on rollover or just move at all times, if I decide to animate it?

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

plaguemover
plaguemover
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 02:49 PM Reply

i-wold-like-to-join-it-sounds-interesting.

heres-my-animation-advance-O.o

TS-Romulus
TS-Romulus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 02:54 PM Reply

At 12/9/12 02:49 PM, plaguemover wrote: i-wold-like-to-join-it-sounds-interesting.

I got sort of confused

Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 04:29 PM Reply

At 12/9/12 02:39 PM, KaDoYuu wrote:
At 12/8/12 07:44 PM, zeebrafication wrote:
UPDATE\
Should it animate on rollover or just move at all times, if I decide to animate it?

Move at all times

@plaguemover: Im also a little confused, why add the static at the end?

Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 04:48 PM Reply

At 12/9/12 02:49 PM, plaguemover wrote: i-wold-like-to-join-it-sounds-interesting.

The sun moves awkwardly and there isn't really anything significant about your animation.
Also the way you type dude... If it's a keyboard problem get a fucking new one, or use an on screen keyboard.

You smell nice.

BBS Signature
TS-Romulus
TS-Romulus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 06:25 PM Reply

The sun moves awkwardly and there isn't really anything significant about your animation.
Also the way you type dude... If it's a keyboard problem get a fucking new one, or use an on screen keyboard.

Yeesh, that sounded a little harsh

DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 08:27 PM Reply

So my lazyass is animating again... lol sorry part should be done tomorrow some point late night or tuesday night :)

Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
Atzu
Atzu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 04:14 AM Reply

I think I'm done with this guy, at least for a while. If this is ok already, I'll transfer it to flash and make the iconavatar.

KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 04:35 AM Reply

At 12/10/12 04:14 AM, Atzu wrote: I think I'm done with this guy, at least for a while. If this is ok already, I'll transfer it to flash and make the iconavatar.

I love that clip so much..
Anyhoo, I'm juggling this with other projects, but my piece is almost finished. All that's left is the background.
Icon: .fla

60 Frame Collab 5:

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 06:57 AM Reply

At 12/9/12 04:48 PM, Jomillex wrote:

Wahaha now im curious why do you type like that... is it a malfunctioning keyboard or do you maybe just prefers to type with dashes like Morse code :]

I agree with jomillex about the animation but maybe the poor guy can't afford a new keyboard and the swearing is unnecessary.

@LazyAss23: This is good news

@atzu: Your part looks awesome, just pm me the flash file. What program do you use to animate?

@KaDoYuu: Keep on multi tasking, looking forward to see your animation. And thanks for the icon.

DukeSteve
DukeSteve
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 02:15 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 08:07 PM, zeebrafication wrote: @JoelonToast:Super Stoked your were able make a plan to retrieve and finish your funny submission.

@DukeSteve Your submission needs a lot more animating and time spent on design colour schemes etc.
Hope to see some improvents before D Day.

@No-Brainer: Great news, another veteran :]

@TS-Romulus: So simple, i like it. Boom killer whale snack in your face.
Part accepted, yeah all u need is a face icon (animation optional) that will be a link to your NG user page.

Sorry, I'm new here, but I have since improved my entry like you said.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/e310aa365b40fa8a02aa3bf8 a013f1b7

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0c3d4f851b6798476aac52af 997ae1ee

Atzu
Atzu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 04:57 PM Reply

I think I already got the icon and I have two questions about it:

I added some action script for when the button it's pressed but it is Action Script 1.0 - 2.0. If you're using 3.0 I'd like to know so I change it.

I already know it should have an eliptic form, but I'd like to know more or less what resolution will they have so make the icon that size and be most sure details aren't too much or get lost.

Btw: The hairy dancing sailor was made in Toon Boom Animate. I like to use both TB and flash for certain things, but in my experience cut-out animation is far easier in TB.

Mrcoleman
Mrcoleman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 05:17 PM Reply

I finally finished the character's movement but I might add more frames. His movement as of now is only 52 frames. After that I'll add color on him so you can see him more clearly. I'm almost done with the background and I'll add a boulder chasing him later (That's why the screen is shaking :D). Progress So Far

maficmelody
maficmelody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 11:17 PM Reply

I should have something to contribute soonish, if this collab isn't already full.

Atzu
Atzu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 07:35 PM Reply

A lot of people were doing self cartoons for the Icon / Avatar so I thought it was a good idea to join : p

Here's a preview of the fla I sent to Zee with the icon.

Link to the swf

And here's the link to the fla.

PD: I used a simple " stop(); " at the end of the movie clips included in the button.

60 Frame Collab 5:

Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 12th, 2012 @ 06:42 AM Reply

@DukeSteve: You are getting better, try using thinner out lines and working from reference pictures especially for the characters hat, hands and sunglasses :]

@Atzu: I am using AS2, your icon looks good and thanks for sending me your fla.

@MrColeman321: Thanks for the update and it is looking good. I just want to suggest making two alterations. The first thing is the way the characters arms randomly flicker when he comes around the first corner, just before he jumps. And lastly when the scythes (blades) get activated, make them swing across from one side to another instead like a pendulum.
@maficmelody:Sounds good, there is always space for quality parts :]

DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 12th, 2012 @ 04:38 PM Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/53da33f5b665843dda68f4af b2a3f6b7

I just need to add some bgs. and maybe some more finish and fill whites in but idk

Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
DylaneggsProductions
DylaneggsProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 13th, 2012 @ 12:32 AM Reply

This is still open right? Cause I wanna enter.

BBS Signature
Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 13th, 2012 @ 04:00 AM Reply

At 12/12/12 04:38 PM, LazyAss23 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/53da33f5b665843dda68f4af b2a3f6b7

I just need to add some bgs. and maybe some more finish and fill whites in but idk

I really like the first half of the animation where the mouse grabs the cheese and runs off the screen but find the other half a bit confusing. Does the mouse turn into a growing mushrooms?

@DylaneggsProductions: Yes it is. The deadline is 31st January 2013. That is if the world doesn't end :]

maficmelody
maficmelody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Dec. 13th, 2012 @ 01:02 PM Reply

Kinda what I'm working with: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/b46d863ff27f16951a6fce5d a0538c4e

Lines need to be locked down, more inbetweens, colour, weapon tracking, and lights & effects. Probably also going to be pushing the poses a tad.

It's positively killing me I can't have sound effects. I can't NOT hear pew-pewpew.. and it's an epic pewpewpew!