Be a Supporter!

60 Frame Collab 5:

  • 21,944 Views
  • 648 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
A-Genius
A-Genius
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 01:50 AM Reply

Sorry for the double post but I really need feedback on the green dude!

I know that the hands in the first need to be smooth. any other things that will help me?

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/05475b39f6abbe1d27351d3a 78860c8e

Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 01:42 PM Reply

At 2/6/13 01:50 AM, A-Genius wrote: Sorry for the double post but I really need feedback on the green dude!

I know that the hands in the first need to be smooth. any other things that will help me?

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/05475b39f6abbe1d27351d3a 78860c8e

i have no idea what's going on in this clip so idk lol.

A-Genius
A-Genius
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 02:53 PM Reply

Ops ... I guess the idea is not clear well yet! However, that is in not the problem right now I need to know if the movements of the green guy is well built. That is all.

In addition, I do not know... I am thinking of submitting this into two parts to allow me to give the animation look less fast, ... don't you think it's fast to understand wants going on maybe? I do not really know why I feel like I do not really want to submit this into two parts although submitting this into two parts would be cool maybe because it will miss the point of 60-frame collab challenge mood!

At 2/6/13 01:42 PM, Max-Vador wrote:
At 2/6/13 01:50 AM, A-Genius wrote: Sorry for the double post but I really need feedback on the green dude!

I know that the hands in the first need to be smooth. any other things that will help me?

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/05475b39f6abbe1d27351d3a 78860c8e
i have no idea what's going on in this clip so idk lol.
Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 02:56 PM Reply

the last 60 frames collab had some continuation parts, so i don't think it's entirely out of place. i think 3 parts would make more sense and have them spread out so you keep getting small parts of the puzzle.

as for the animation you're going to have to stretch it as it has no easing, or rather too even of spacing. the movements are a bit unnatural

A-Genius
A-Genius
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 05:12 PM Reply

At 2/6/13 02:56 PM, Max-Vador wrote: the last 60 frames collab had some continuation parts, so i don't think it's entirely out of place. i think 3 parts would make more sense and have them spread out so you keep getting small parts of the puzzle.

as for the animation you're going to have to stretch it as it has no easing, or rather too even of spacing. the movements are a bit unnatural

Now that's what I was looking for thanks for the feedback I will be working on it later today !

Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 05:23 AM Reply

Could one still join for this collab? I ask becase I would love to try it out but I'm not sure if all the parts are taken yet.

A-Genius
A-Genius
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 08:35 AM Reply

At 2/7/13 05:23 AM, Mabelma wrote: Could one still join for this collab? I ask becase I would love to try it out but I'm not sure if all the parts are taken yet.

yes haven't you looked at the new update? the deadline have changed to 28th of february

and all what you want to know is on the This link

Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 09:14 AM Reply

At 2/7/13 08:35 AM, A-Genius wrote: yes haven't you looked at the new update? the deadline have changed to 28th of february

and all what you want to know is on the This link

Great, I'll throw something together for sure. Thanks for letting me know mate.

KidneyJohn
KidneyJohn
  • Member since: Sep. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
MacDonaldFin
MacDonaldFin
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 04:37 AM Reply

At 2/10/13 03:23 AM, KidneyJohn wrote: I'd like to join in. I've already made a part.

FLA:http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/56974c7d189b9be9a14c 7b627710ea20

SWF:http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/db745bacd129ea90de4e 66115ace8277

Very snazzy part man! I love the animation in this.

A-Genius
A-Genius
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 07:22 AM Reply

At 2/10/13 03:23 AM, KidneyJohn wrote: I'd like to join in. I've already made a part.

FLA:http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/56974c7d189b9be9a14c 7b627710ea20

SWF:http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/db745bacd129ea90de4e 66115ace8277

It looks wonderful :3 I liked it! sure, why not?

KidneyJohn
KidneyJohn
  • Member since: Sep. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 07:35 PM Reply

Thanks for the feedback. I just realised the fla is CS5

Here's the CS4 version
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8b9ce27a8350fe38cf0f0459 b2dc2c50

and my icon
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/f0ed6ea29555a4cb23c7939c 7d6af990

60 Frame Collab 5:

A-Genius
A-Genius
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 02:04 PM Reply

This is the animation (60 frame)
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/87bb1401d37c4161d21f9d3e 44a971f6

This how it happen to be when I split things up:

Part 1: (60 frame)
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6737a6ad71c2f163f8730707 503c4bbf

Part 2: (60 frame)
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/ec9c80a17cc16417966a551a 02414c65

I don't really know which one to submit after coloring and backgrounds and stuff anymore!

Any feedbacks? Please

KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 2/11/13 02:04 PM, A-Genius wrote: This is the animation (60 frame)
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/87bb1401d37c4161d21f9d3e 44a971f6

This how it happen to be when I split things up:

I don't really know which one to submit after coloring and backgrounds and stuff anymore!

Any feedbacks? Please

Maybe its because it hasn't got color yet, but I'm not quite sure what is happening.


"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

Jurgen
Jurgen
  • Member since: Sep. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 04:17 PM Reply

At 2/11/13 02:04 PM, A-Genius wrote: Any feedbacks? Please

We still don't know what's even going on. There's some guy, or maybe a girl, on her knees and I think she's begging, then the other person standing up appears to have a whip...but then they just shake around a lot and nothing really happens.

So in terms of feedback, I'd say maybe you should try re-doing it, or at least a few of the shots, to try and better tell the audience what's going on.

The movements are quite fast and almost robotic-like, it's pretty displeasing to the eye. For example, when the person on their knees is shaking their head, they do it way too quickly. Smoothen it out a bit, and have an extra frame on the end of each direction where the head only moves a small amount before shaking the other way, if that makes sense. It'll make it look more lifelike and realistic. Motion doesn't just stop dead like that, it always will slow to a stop, faster motion means a quicker stop, but nonetheless I'd say a good 90% a motion should have an extra frame or two after where it is slowing to a stop.


GamerTag: MEGAxCptnWalrus

MacDonaldFin
MacDonaldFin
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 04:40 PM Reply

At 2/11/13 04:17 PM, Jurgen wrote::

We still don't know what's even going on. There's some guy, or maybe a girl, on her knees and I think she's begging, then the other person standing up appears to have a whip...but then they just shake around a lot and nothing really happens.

So in terms of feedback, I'd say maybe you should try re-doing it, or at least a few of the shots, to try and better tell the audience what's going on.

The movements are quite fast and almost robotic-like, it's pretty displeasing to the eye. For example, when the person on their knees is shaking their head, they do it way too quickly. Smoothen it out a bit, and have an extra frame on the end of each direction where the head only moves a small amount before shaking the other way, if that makes sense. It'll make it look more lifelike and realistic. Motion doesn't just stop dead like that, it always will slow to a stop, faster motion means a quicker stop, but nonetheless I'd say a good 90% a motion should have an extra frame or two after where it is slowing to a stop.

I agree with Jurgen. It's more like you've put in the extremes of the animation and put in barely enough inbetween frames. You need to connect the extreme frames of the animation well enough to create that crucial illusion of life, otherwise it just looks like flashing images, which is highly displeasing to the viewer. So I'd do what Jurgen has suggested and add in extra frames to better convey the actions that are occurring onscreen which will give the characters a more human-like movement.

A-Genius
A-Genius
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 05:04 PM Reply

Thanks for the feedback I will see what I can do!

A-Genius
A-Genius
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 01:40 AM Reply

At 2/11/13 04:17 PM, Jurgen wrote:
At 2/11/13 02:04 PM, A-Genius wrote: Any feedbacks? Please
We still don't know what's even going on. There's some guy, or maybe a girl, on her knees and I think she's begging, then the other person standing up appears to have a whip...but then they just shake around a lot and nothing really happens.

So in terms of feedback, I'd say maybe you should try re-doing it, or at least a few of the shots, to try and better tell the audience what's going on.

The movements are quite fast and almost robotic-like, it's pretty displeasing to the eye. For example, when the person on their knees is shaking their head, they do it way too quickly. Smoothen it out a bit, and have an extra frame on the end of each direction where the head only moves a small amount before shaking the other way, if that makes sense. It'll make it look more lifelike and realistic. Motion doesn't just stop dead like that, it always will slow to a stop, faster motion means a quicker stop, but nonetheless I'd say a good 90% a motion should have an extra frame or two after where it is slowing to a stop.

I think it got 73 frame now where should I cut the extra frames?!

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/c68125322bc491329410fa14 c2ac6aab

It's hard to work with frame by frame. X_X

I don't really know where you think it looks like a robotic-like too! Do can't you be more specific on which area to work it!

( I know things aren't clear right now but after I add the backgrounds and other stuff)

I think the spit doesn't look very well, any links or something that may help?

These problems just gets in my way ! I want to finish this Q_Q! It driving me nuts !

MacDonaldFin
MacDonaldFin
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 04:55 AM Reply

At 2/12/13 01:40 AM, A-Genius wrote:

Right, it's when the person on the left is moving forward against the rope, it doesn't look...human. Like, it is moving too quickly and the movements are stiff, not just slowly stopping to a certain point, but instead instant stops that look too calculated and robotic. Another is the actual spitting thing itself and the boot, they don't look right as they are being done too quickly, if anything you need MORE frames, so I can see how this part could be causing problems.

To be honest, I think you are trying to do too many actions in your animation, which results in your movements being too quick and robotic looking. I would suggest simply redoing it.

Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 09:28 PM Reply

Probably the worse animation in the whole collab but I wanted to post something before the deadline. Better something than nothing, if it isn't picked no biggy, I undestand :)
.swf
.fla

FiendMachine
FiendMachine
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Game Developer
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 06:53 AM Reply

As you can see I have changed my avatar.SO I got a new head.So here is the link:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/28a5a4565ce139d54992afd1 a30e3280
ALso,I was thinking,if I could submit another movie in which a Mercedes is speeding and hits a hotdog stand and the mustar and ketchup on it spill on the screen to spell 'LOL'

60 Frame Collab 5:


Depressed?Cool.Just put some party music and say GTFO to your sorrows

BBS Signature
TheCatCalledFish
TheCatCalledFish
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 05:41 PM Reply

I hope I'm not too late, I've not been part of a collab before - and to be honest I've hardly used flash all that much before - but I have made a part because the idea of creating something in 60 frames seemed to be a really good challenge for me! - Would I still be able to join?

I have finished my part already, I hope it's acceptable!

My SWF
My FLA (It's in CS3 so shall be compatible with CS4!)
And my Icon!

I hope that's okay. Also would I be able to make another part next week? - I know it's getting to the end, but I had a lot of fun animating for this!

TheCatCalledFish
TheCatCalledFish
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 2/14/13 05:41 PM, TheCatCalledFish wrote: I hope I'm not too late, I've not been part of a collab before - and to be honest I've hardly used flash all that much before - but I have made a part because the idea of creating something in 60 frames seemed to be a really good challenge for me! - Would I still be able to join?

I have finished my part already, I hope it's acceptable!

My SWF
My FLA (It's in CS3 so shall be compatible with CS4!)
And my Icon!

I hope that's okay. Also would I be able to make another part next week? - I know it's getting to the end, but I had a lot of fun animating for this!

Sorry about those dead links! - I made a little change - here are the new ones!

SWF
FLA
ICON

Thankyou!

Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 07:25 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 01:20 PM, Max-Vador wrote: did you get a menu or someone to make it yet zee?

Yeah Halvgoeden has created the pre loader and menu buttons. But i still need someone to help me to create the extra section. Which i want to be structured like these pictures bellow

PIC 1/ PIC 2 / PIC 3

Anybody that can help me will be my best friend :]

At 2/10/13 07:35 PM, KidneyJohn wrote: Here's the CS4 version
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8b9ce27a8350fe38cf0f0459 b2dc2c50

Your part is nice and simple but it looks awesome. Nice job.

At 2/11/13 02:04 PM, A-Genius wrote: Any feedbacks? Please

You are just trying to say way to much. To solve the robotic ness try drawing more a frame inbetween each frame to make the motion smoother. Yip frame by frame is a bieeatch but the way i started is animating simple stuff like bouncing balls putting all the focus on squash and stretch and the fluid motions. Get the basics right first.
KISS keep it simple stupid (no offense its just a saying)

At 2/12/13 09:28 PM, Mabelma wrote: Probably the worse animation in the whole collab but I wanted to post something before the deadline. Better something than nothing, if it isn't picked no biggy, I undestand :)

could i recommend slowing down the movement of the platypus creature and have more random bubbles. And lastly no sound clips allowed, so please remove it.

At 2/13/13 06:53 AM, MetalBooster wrote: As you can see I have changed my avatar.

this is your second time changing your avatar, please don't change it again because i have to keep changing it in the menu. Its a mission :[

ALso,I was thinking,if I could submit another movie in which a Mercedes is speeding and hits a hotdog stand and the mustar and ketchup on it spill on the screen to spell 'LOL'

Try it out but i need quality more than funny...

At 2/14/13 05:41 PM, TheCatCalledFish wrote:

Would I still be able to join?
Yeah sure, welcome to the world wide collab, but beware you will most likely become a collab junky after this. Out of curiosity What program you use instead of Flash?

I have finished my part already, I hope it's acceptable!

Very well organized and everything looks great but the one thing i dont like is the way you cropped the animation, could I ask you to remove that boarder and maybe enlarge the animation to fill the screen because their are alot of subtle effects that get lost with the character being so small.

I hope that's okay. Also would I be able to make another part next week? - I know it's getting to the end, but I had a lot of fun animating for this!

I had a lot of fun watching this, it was hilarious! So YES please make more :]

Glad to see some new comers to the collab and others giving great feedback jurgen, macdonaldfin, Max-Vador to name a few. Keep it up and i will check in again on the 22nd feb, I still dont have my internet setup :[ so will check in as soon as i can. Keep posting updates and I still need more great parts.


BBS Signature
Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 11:15 AM Reply

well Zee you're probably going to have to program the entire collab in one large array and convert all the graphics of our parts into movieclips. this is gonna make it hard to play the entire collab in one go if someone chooses to watch it that way. either way that much programming is a bit beyond me.

TheCatCalledFish
TheCatCalledFish
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 12:26 PM Reply


At 2/14/13 05:41 PM, TheCatCalledFish wrote:
Would I still be able to join?
Yeah sure, welcome to the world wide collab, but beware you will most likely become a collab junky after this. Out of curiosity What program you use instead of Flash?

I have finished my part already, I hope it's acceptable!
Very well organized and everything looks great but the one thing i dont like is the way you cropped the animation, could I ask you to remove that boarder and maybe enlarge the animation to fill the screen because their are alot of subtle effects that get lost with the character being so small.

I hope that's okay. Also would I be able to make another part next week? - I know it's getting to the end, but I had a lot of fun animating for this!
I had a lot of fun watching this, it was hilarious! So YES please make more :]

I don't use any other program than flash - I haven't animated that much - I tried cropping but I can't very much to any great degree without losing something that ends up being cut off - like when the head rolls, it would roll out of shot, and if i move it lower or higher it sacrifices headspace - sorry about that - but I shall bare this in mind when I make my second part! - thanks Zeebra!

Haris
Haris
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 03:00 PM Reply

Icons?
I need to add an icon? :o

MacDonaldFin
MacDonaldFin
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 05:20 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 03:00 PM, Kuhki wrote: Icons?
I need to add an icon? :o

Yeah, everyone who is contributing is to make one, there's a template somewhere in this thread. However, just scroll up the page a bit to see other people who have recently made theirs to get an idea of what you've to make.

ShinsukeIto
ShinsukeIto
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 06:07 AM Reply

I don't want to study so I made two prototypes for the extras menu:

Prototype 1
Prototype 2

A couple of notes:
- Prototype 2 is based off the Comic-Con 2008 poster that Zeeb posted a while ago
- Only buttons 1 and 2 (top left and top middle) work because I couldn't be bothered making a bajillion movies
- If the extras section is going to be set at 480x350 resolution, the animations will have to be scaled down
- I haven't gotten around to making a transition for the pop-up overlay thing because I don't know how to do it with the current prototypes
- Made in CS5 with AS2

Procrastination FTW!

ShinsukeIto
ShinsukeIto
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 5: Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 06:08 AM Reply

At 2/16/13 06:07 AM, ShinsukeIto wrote: I don't want to study so I made two prototypes for the extras menu:

Prototype 1
Prototype 2

A couple of notes:
- Prototype 2 is based off the Comic-Con 2008 poster that Zeeb posted a while ago
- Only buttons 1 and 2 (top left and top middle) work because I couldn't be bothered making a bajillion movies
- If the extras section is going to be set at 480x350 resolution, the animations will have to be scaled down
- I haven't gotten around to making a transition for the pop-up overlay thing because I don't know how to do it with the current prototypes
- Made in CS5 with AS2

Procrastination FTW!

Sorry for double post

Forgot to mention that the buttons behind are clickable through the overlay... trying to fix that