Shoot swords, teleport and don't mess with the turtles3.92 / 5.00 15,660 Views
Join Marko Sharko on his first detective case!3.52 / 5.00 4,166 Views
Jump through a bustling cat city collecting fish for points.3.47 / 5.00 2,274 Views
My list of things I like and don't like about the new redesign.
Things I like.
- Nice and Eye Catching, Nice job Egoraptor did on the background art on FP. Havn't bother to see who drew the rest.
- The new Project system. I looked at it once and shat a brick!
- Easy access to user stuff like the Dump and Project thing.
- The Portal Pages, much easier to browse and navigate.
- YOU CAN UPLOAD ARCHIVES TO DUMP!!! WHOOO!!! Will save butt loads of time when collaborating.
- You can also upload .as files now. :3
- I overall just cool
Things I don't like.
- No Lightbox option for flash games and Movies. I really, REALLY HOPE YOU ADD THAT!
- No option to lump Moives and Games as one on my user page. What if some one has only made like on game like 10 years ago and has made nothing but movies since. It would be a constant reminder that they haven't made one in a bazillion years.
- No Description of game and movies on FP... Not even a score? How am I suppose know if I wanna see it, I'm not an idiot who goes by pretty pictures. I need details!
- STARS EVERY WHERE! I HATE STARS! We need numbers instead of star! or atleat make is when you hover your mouse over the stars it shows you the real score... Not the 'Vague visual representation of it might actually be..." score.
- When you click on a category in the art portal there are too few results on the page especially since the art Icons are smaller then the Flash ones.
- Icon sizes no longer uniform... I'm a symmetry whore...
- The fact that I have to get used the new layout... :(
Overall Nice job guys! It's really Cool.
But I still have a soft spot for the old site layout.
Well, I had a quick look around. My account, the flash movies and how to vote and review, the forums. Although I don't know how do everything right at this minute, I think it's a good step. Just a quick question, who is the girl to the right of this message?
Just wanted to drop in, give kudos to all of you for the redesign. It looks great! You guys did one Hellova job, and all that hard work is definitely appreciated. Keep kickin' ass, fellas!
Question: If we're moving towards a one-vote-per-user system does that mean scores will have to keep track of people's voting power. Otherwise, if I'm only allowed one vote, I would withhold so I could vote when I have more power.
It's no big deal, but I think it would be better if (in the forums) the signature text appeared in a darker tone than the "main" text. I don't know, it kind of drags too much attention to it.
I really like the new newgrounds, really good. By the way, I like when the background image changes lol.
At 2 minutes ago, unconsidered wrote: Well, I had a quick look around. My account, the flash movies and how to vote and review, the forums. Although I don't know how do everything right at this minute, I think it's a good step. Just a quick question, who is the girl to the right of this message?
It's one of egoraptors drawings. But she doesn't have a name...... I think?
OH god... For a sec there... I was afraid you guys got rid of this...
At 39 minutes ago, NinjaCube wrote: Sorry about the repost, my comments show up slower so I thought it didn't post...
This is due to use of a read only server that's impacting the real-time-ness of the forums. Should get sorted out as the site starts running better and things can get switched around.
I'm going nostalgiafag, but can we at least have options to change to previous designs? This one is okay, eye candy and all, but changing to previous designs would be a nice feature for nostalgiafags. I mean, I did miss the pre-2007 design.
The redesign looks great! Graphically sexier.
What I don't like is no link for the Portal.
As an OG NG user and fan of the portal, I think the 'Classic Portal' deserves its own link in the navigation menu.
ThePortal is what keeps uscoming back to Newgrounds, artists and fans alike.
I thought it was awesome when they had flash movies on the front page advertising the portal with the Transformers music playing in the background. (whatever happened to that song?)
Overall, great renovation!
My first post after redesign! SO different! I have so much more to explore around the site. Excellent job, Tom and the NG team, I am very impressed with what I am seeing! Expect me to still be around at the next redesign.
I was half expecting it to look like shit, but it turned out very well! I thoroughly enjoy the new look.
Holy fucking shrapnel. You guys outdid youselves this time! :D
The whole design overall looks incredible. I'll explore it a bit more later, but what I saw so far is very well-done. The whole Grafitti-styled graphics combine a lot with the site (and the tankmen), the separation between Games and Movies is also nice and...
...yeah, you get the point. I like it a lot.
At 35 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: Uhh... Why is the BBS missing the "Reply" on each post? that was so uber convenient... :'(
That's been a big debate topic. We were attempting to reduce clutter on the page BUT it was pretty convenient. Will continue to be pondered.
At 47 minutes ago, Austerity wrote: 1. Why are the blam/save point boosts for voting power removed?
2. Why are the sticker order rankings removed?
3. Why are turds of the week removed?
1. Accidental, will get that back running.
2. We'll have to address that. With so much to do to get this redesign done, some stuff ends up left on the sideline.
3. They have always been an abuse magnet, not sure if we really need to encourage someone making the worst submission. It was originally meant to show the well-intentioned stuff that was so bad it's good, but instead it became a race to the bottom. I know it's a mainstay on the site though... Once we come up for air we'll re-evaluate stuff like this.