00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hyper9nova just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Redesign 2012 Complete!

141,852 Views | 935 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 04:42:21

Wow the waiting time was really worth it. Such a massive change ! I like the color seperation of the diffrent site areas, but the art portal is way too vibrant and coloful, it needs a darker background imho. At least when you are on an image page.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 04:42:32

THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER

1, 2, 3, Coffee 4, 5, 8, too late

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 04:48:51

I love the new look so far! The servers failing thing's kinda effed up tho but hey u gotta break a few legs and what not. I mean EGGS... O_o

Shaidohasspoken

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 04:49:10

At 58 minutes ago, richmansgirl wrote: It may look better, but the navigation is ridiculous. Also, I liked it better when all my info/stats were on my 1 userpage.

Hovering over things (or clicking) for the info I need kinda sucks. I want to see things in one go.
I've very rarely used the BBS, but I'm thinking it's better (online status iz sweet!)... aside from not knowing the exact date of previous, newer posts.
It's going to interesting to see what gets tweaked (or added, hopefully).

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 04:50:40

At 2 hours ago, TomFulp wrote:
At 2 hours ago, Alter-native wrote: And then, there's the fact that you got rid of the literature sections. I loved reading your stories Tom, and I'm sad that newer kids are either not going to read them, or not be able to find them.
I moved all of these to the Wiki so we would never have to manually re-style each page ever again. There's a section about events and a section with stories. It was getting really painful to update every single one for each redesign. :)

That said, I shall feel really sad if you don't upload the Office Renovation Seminar (www.newgrounds.com/lit/dare/) to either the servers here or YouTube. That was one awesome video, set to a great track (Stan Bush's Dare) and it's for a very worthy cause - the creation of the NG Offices.

I know that priorities will get in the way of this, but I think that I've found the single thing I'll miss the most....

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 04:52:30

My first post ever.

Redesign is fuckin' awesome!

That is all.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 04:57:29

Holy sheet.
Great job, it will take a while to get used to be.. HOLY SHEEEET!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:00:20

The :3 face is finally here and I can't use it because you don't like iPads Tom.

;________;

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:04:05

I love the redesign, Tom, Wade, and al the staff that helped (hope lil'jim is ok after the server fell on him). However, the only complaint that I have so far is that my medal points don't work. I had 43,410 before the redesign, and, after playing two games which should have givin me 355 points, I am still at 43,410.

I know that they don't mean anything really (just bragging rights) but I still like seeing that number go up, lol.

I would PM Tom or Wade, but they are probably getting so many complaints about paltry things at this time. I'll just wait and see if one of them or another staff member sees this and fixes the problem.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:12:17

when playing music the bar that u use to scroll through the music is too far down i cant do anything but play and pause the music...plz fix this

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:16:46

wow the redisign is great but the old one miss me already :(
well anyway you've done a great job and that means.. PARTY \o/
i hope i'll be able to contribute things to NG this year :)

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:20:04

Awsome design

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:22:25

just posting to see my new level icon

good job on the redesign, but it dont think the large tits on the right side is safe for work/girlfriends

Newgrounds: the former 4chan

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:22:43

what have you doooone?

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:24:16

At 10 hours ago, TomFulp wrote: Welcome to the Newgrounds of the future, today!

We hope you love the new site as much as we do! Let us know what you think.

everything looks fucking awesome.

... except for the new favicon. we've been through this before tom. bring back the little tank, you silly man

Fear Popo Bawa!!!

John Goodman | ¥

while(<>){chomp;print;}

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:26:45

The new redesign looks snazzy and all, but now I can't watch any flash! Please help?

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:26:58

I love you guys.
Nothing beats waking up this morning only to see the Newgrounds redesign complete.

I've been here since 2005 and I sure as hell am not leaving seeing how this place is powered by awesomeness.

Congratulations to everyone who's worked on the redesign. It's spectacular!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:29:08

At 10 hours ago, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I like turtles

For some reason this made my crappy morning blossom into laughter... oh well

I have an issue with voting, and it seems to occur at every submission. Using Firefox for that matter. Haven't checked around cause I'm in a hurry, thought I'd atleast leave a reply about it.
Also, I think you should incorporate the latest submissions with the under judgement ones. Everything else however is great :D really!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:34:36

This...is going to take a lot of getting used to.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:37:39

At 6 minutes ago, JonHunter wrote: I have an issue with voting, and it seems to occur at every submission. Using Firefox for that matter. Haven't checked around cause I'm in a hurry, thought I'd atleast leave a reply about it.

Aw jeez sorry, I just found it! For some reason the voting bar didn't appear at first.. It's there now however!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:42:53

It's much better than the old one! :)

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:47:39

First impression:
Everything looks pretty neat. The flash portal looks great and I like the idea of seperating the movies and the games from each other.

I don't like that the score now is hidden behind the stars. It took me quite a while to figure out where I can see the ratings of a submission.

I like the new "log in box". It's a bit unusual to have it in the top left corner, though. It has been on the top right for so long, that it will take me a few days to get used to that change. But I like the icons there. There are now more icons and yet it looks much better than the old info box, where we only had three icons.

I don't like that when I vote on a flash it doesn't show me "vote on x more submissions to deposit your experience!" anymore. Also, is it just me or did "experience has been automatically deposited" message really go? But I tested this with two different browsers in two different OS's... this would be really confusing for new users.
And why is it that I can't see my total voting power anywhere?

The new "Under Judgement" page will need some time to get used to, but I like the idea very much.

The new games and movies page also look a bit strange right now, but at least I now know what the fuzz with the icons was all about, haha.

I didn't browse the forums too much yet, but they look good too.

What I REALLY don't like is the fact that I have to watch movies with that "in-page"-thingy now. I ALWAYS used the pop-up mode before the re-redesign.

Anyway, overall I am very happy with the redesign.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:48:04

It shiny.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:48:46

At 11 hours ago, Stamper wrote: first

OMG,i like is super new visual,contrz newgrounds

Redesign 2012 Complete!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:54:56

Well done guys, it looks amazing.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 05:59:15

Hello Mr Fulp.
I'd like to share some personal impressions about the redisign.
The new newgrounds (sorry for the wordjoke) is awesome,i really like the new colors and i simply love the new cascading menu style.
The whole layout is simply gorgeous looking and you and your staff made an impressing work changing the portal.

As you can see from my stat Mr Fulp i'm a very old user but i am not really concerned about the forum/submitting or else,i just signup,deposit my experience,play some games,earn some medals,watch front paged video and sometimes i crawl the ng and lurk the forum but most of the time i simply signup and deposit my experience.

The new layout makes much more sense displaying your voting power right under the voting bar but i am a bit concerned about it doesnt show the number of the submissions you have to vote to deposit your experience and about the fact the message of experience deposit disappeared aswell so i can't really keep track of when or if i really deposited my experience and this make me REALLY paranoic.

I am suggesting you,Mr Fulp to displaying this vital stats.
Sincerely an old ng user.

I am just curious,lunatic,distracted,inconsta nt,stubborn...

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 06:07:59

New Design is super awesome!!!! This is my first forums post ever in Newgrounds! :D

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 06:12:04

Grats Tom and everyone who helped. This looks amazing.

I really love the new look, especially now that people finally can use avatars on the forums lmfao.

Either way, for whatever reason, as I am typing, parts of the text-box keep flashing white. Aside from that, while scrolling, parts of the page flash white as well, not sure what's wrong there.

Either way, good job!

(I am using windows 7 32bit + newest version of google chrome)

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 06:13:08

This redesign makes my dick rock fucking hard!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 06:14:29

i dont like it.