00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted HoneyGoldenBee supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

In need of a classical review?

4,824 Views | 67 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 13:18:16

Good day, gentlemen,

I would like to review your or someone else's classical submission. Just post it in here and you will get honest professional critic and I will speak up.

Best regards,

Sir Edward Eisenworth

WARNING: CRITIC MAY BE VERY HARD AND NOT MERCYFUL

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 14:36:39

this isn't the 17th century

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 14:52:55

At 6/30/11 02:36 PM, Glib wrote: this isn't the 17th century

I do not what you mean. Please explain yourself.

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 14:54:18

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 15:14:24

At 6/30/11 03:08 PM, Deflektor wrote:
At 6/30/11 02:54 PM, ClassicalCritic wrote:
I'm pretty sure Glib's referring to "Sir Edward Eisenworth". It's kinda old-school, you know.

Guess why I name myself that way. The name is fiction, the critic is real.

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 15:28:57

Whats your backgrond? Any compositions? releases?

Just to know your not just another asshole talking crap.

(also, you seem kinda arrogant?)

BBS Signature

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 15:36:36

At 6/30/11 03:28 PM, Usernamemyarse wrote: Whats your backgrond? Any compositions? releases?

Just to know your not just another asshole talking crap.

(also, you seem kinda arrogant?)

I assure you, we are here to spread constructive and honest criticism. Yes, this account is made by two composers. If we were assholes, we would just bomb all the popular music pieces with 0 votes and write crap in the reviews.

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 15:40:02

At 6/30/11 03:36 PM, ClassicalCritic wrote: I assure you, we are here to spread constructive and honest criticism. Yes, this account is made by two composers. If we were assholes, we would just bomb all the popular music pieces with 0 votes and write crap in the reviews.

That doesn't answer my question, though.
WHo are you guys and what do you do? is there anything you guys can show us of your work?

BBS Signature

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 15:47:27

At 6/30/11 03:40 PM, Usernamemyarse wrote:
At 6/30/11 03:36 PM, ClassicalCritic wrote: I assure you, we are here to spread constructive and honest criticism. Yes, this account is made by two composers. If we were assholes, we would just bomb all the popular music pieces with 0 votes and write crap in the reviews.
That doesn't answer my question, though.
WHo are you guys and what do you do? is there anything you guys can show us of your work?

We want to be anonymous but we assure you, we have experience in what we are doing. We are specialized in composing for orchestras and ensembles and that for movies. So we are both film composers.

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 16:22:20

Review this song.

I want to see how good you can review. So review that song and post it in this thread.

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 16:38:47

At 6/30/11 04:22 PM, Mrmilkcarton wrote: Review this song.

I want to see how good you can review. So review that song and post it in this thread.

This is one of the most controversial musical pieces ever written. This piece is about the background noises and not-fulfilling the expectations of the audience. Since this is a very special piece of music, it does not fit into our criticism measure. I asked about music to review on this very site, because we think, that there are many low-rated masterpieces hidden on Newgrounds. What do you actually expect me to say about this? By the way, this is a piece and not a song.

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 16:44:02

This thread gives me the giggles. "We're composers for movies, so we know what we're doing, but we're not gonna tell you who we are because we're actually just posers pretending we know our stuff."

We get that all the time here. Don't talk the talk if you aren't prepared to prove you can walk the walk.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 16:54:23

At 6/30/11 04:44 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: This thread gives me the giggles. "We're composers for movies, so we know what we're doing, but we're not gonna tell you who we are because we're actually just posers pretending we know our stuff."

We get that all the time here. Don't talk the talk if you aren't prepared to prove you can walk the walk.

We just want to review pieces of music from composers who want them reviewed. Why don't you just post something of your work for us to review so we can show you, that we are no posers?
It is irrelevant what we are. Many critics do not make the things they criticize.

From now on, we are not going to answer any more tiresome questions. Many people want their work fairly reviewed but they do not get it, and you people just spit on this opportunity.

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 17:05:31

I however am shameless and will take reviews from whoever. I approve of your attempt to be helpful even though youre hiding your classifications for being at a level so boastworthy. So if you would please...

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 17:14:16

At 6/30/11 04:54 PM, ClassicalCritic wrote: From now on, we are not going to answer any more tiresome questions. Many people want their work fairly reviewed but they do not get it, and you people just spit on this opportunity.

If it's irrelevant who you are, you wouldn't have boasted yourselves as composers for movies, you're kind of contradicting yourself.

And I'm not spitting on the opportunity, I'm saying you're setting yourself up to be something that you're not willing to prove.

But just because I'm curious, despite my stuff not being your typical classical music:

And to add, you can easily find a lot of underrated classical music in the classical section of the audio portal, if you want to hand out reviews, you should go browse around.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-06-30 17:57:09

I'm not sure how "classical" this is, but thanks for the review offer.

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.

"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-07-01 02:06:28

Hmm... try this one...

Sorry, the wave sounds stay...

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-07-01 03:59:36

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-07-01 05:54:03

Just for kicks,

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-07-01 15:03:34

Are you Calastimir?

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-07-01 15:06:33

At 7/1/11 03:03 PM, brokendeck wrote: Are you Calastimir?

We are not from Newgrounds.

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-07-01 15:09:57

Try this one.... my oldest tracks, originally submitted in 2008-2009, it's my first song completely doen with Cubase...

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-07-01 15:14:23

At 6/30/11 03:14 PM, ClassicalCritic wrote:
Guess why I name myself that way. The name is fiction, the critic is real.

Maybe because a google search of the name would reveal nothing if spelled verbatim. It would hamper research into your alias and theoretically protect your identity to a certain point...

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-07-01 20:09:16

Ok I'll bite. I disagree with your comment about the "stone age" however.

BBS Signature

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-07-01 21:52:24

Just wanted to add that credentials or not the review I received was very well thought out and it defined a lot of problems really well.

Response to In need of a classical review? 2011-07-02 21:27:35

Well, more "aspiring" at this point, but ty :D

I really liked your peasant dream piece btw; left a review.

At 7/2/11 06:45 PM, AndyLau wrote: I'm actually interested to see how you review ProudAardvark's piece. Seeing that he is an actual Hollywood composer.

BBS Signature