00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Modern Warfare 3 announced!

34,433 Views | 412 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-23 22:27:53

At 5/23/11 10:18 PM, VenetianChemistry wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coiTJbr9m 04

reveal trailer

notice that a soldier hands another soldier a roundless magazine

The magazine is upside down I think, and even if it was roundless, there were several flaws in BF3's trailer no one seemed to point out.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-23 23:36:57

more RightWingGamer and Travis lovefest

You guys should get a show together.

I just saw the MW3 gameplay trailer, and it looks great but it doesn't, if that makes sense. It looks super-action-packed and hectic, and it looks like the single player's actually worth something. The thing is, the graphics aren't too spectacular. I know they're using the same engine from previous CoD games since 4, but at least perk up the graphics a tad. IDK, maybe I have higher standards now, it looks like MW2 but with less colors. Still, the campaign looks fantastic and, above all, fun. A lot more fun-looking than MW2's to be honest. But everyone will want the multiplayer trailer more, so I'm not too hyped about MW3's campaign.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-23 23:43:10

I must admit, I'm liking the change of locale. Nice to get away from Russia and the Middle East for once.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 01:19:32

Guys I just realized something...

Red Alert 2.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 02:00:20

Mooo

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 04:39:46

Trailer looked awesome, as you would expect from a CoD trailer.
I'll probably rent it or borrow it when it comes out to play the campaign. I barely touched MW2 or Blops after I finished the campaigns so it would be retarded to waste another $60.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 04:50:49

At 5/15/11 03:07 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: Is this opposite day? You're okay with deathstreaks (IMO a bad idea) but hate killstreaks (IMO a great idea)? Care to explain?

Deathstreaks are annoying but it makes sense to give the losing players a bit of a hand(inb4 ''hurr durr cod players need help to win'') while Killstreaks are retarded because you're giving the player who is already winning a massive advantage. Sure they're fun, but they fuck up the balance so much its not even funny. If you cant understand that then you're just not very bright.

At 5/23/11 10:27 PM, Danavers wrote:
At 5/23/11 10:18 PM, VenetianChemistry wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coiTJbr9m 04

reveal trailer

The magazine is upside down I think

It's definitely upside down

there were several flaws in BF3's trailer no one seemed to point out.

Such as? The only daft thing I noticed is how the soldier climbed out of the vent.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 06:01:21

At 5/24/11 05:22 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: But why should you be rewarded for sucking? Besides, have you ever even played MW2? When it activates a deathstreak for you it's like adding insult to injury. "Oh, you suck so much dick that you can't even get a kill? How about I let you have 10 seconds of extra health, maybe that will make you less terrible." It's pretty condescending.

Everyone has a bad game once in a while. Its not rewarding you for sucking, its just trying to help you out. Perhaps so you wont keep getting spawn killed by that chopper.

Bullshit for two reasons:
A. If you're winning, you already have an advantage...

Which is why they shouldn't give you A FUCKING HELICOPTER and with it, a far bigger advantage.

B. Conversely, they can help the losing team make a comeback so long as they have one player who is really good.

But thats what Deathstreaks are for

I pity the ignorance of people who don't understand the simple fact that killstreaks are simply short-term vehicles that require skill to access. They alter the balance no more than your average FPS vehicle, most of them are very difficult to access to the average player, and the ones that hover (or fly, in the AC-130's case) are easily scrapped by a Stinger missile.

Except vehicles usually have a little BALANCE in them. If you're using, for example, a chopper gunner you can see where everyone is and completely rape everyone, especially on smaller maps like Rust where you're pretty much invincible. Sure you could try to shoot it down, but why bother? In the 10 seconds it takes for you to arm and fire a rocket the chopper gunner will have you dead five times.

I forgot to mention, Killstreaks promote boosting. Nothing is more frustrating than being 1st in a free-for-all only to have some prick call in a Nuke at the last second because he was boosting in a corner.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 06:13:03

Eeennnnnggggfffffgggh. They're bringing out another one already?

I liked COD but these are getting a bit old.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 06:50:00

I, myself, am rather excited for this. I don't play Call of Duty online, I just borrow them from people to play for the campaign. I love the Modern Warfare story, so I'm glad it's continuing.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 06:52:14

Turns out to be fucking real. Saw the trailer. I heard it has Germany on it.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 07:23:52

At 5/24/11 06:52 AM, joe9320 wrote: Turns out to be fucking real. Saw the trailer. I heard it has Germany on it.

No it's spelled G3RMANY.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 11:18:08

At 5/23/11 09:58 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: This one is almost as good as Demon's Souls fanboys who say "Demons Souls is so underrated, but at least it got Game of the Year".

Just popping in to point out that none of them do.

To stay on topic, I'm not excited for MW3 in the slightest.

Alright, leaving now.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 12:41:49

At 5/24/11 11:53 AM, ScaryPicnic wrote: They're still using the COD 4 engine and its age is showing - compare and contrast the graphics to Battlefield 3. Yes, that's being played on a PC, but still.

Go back and play CoD4. Now play MW2. There is a huge difference in the graphics you blind tool.
Not to mention this looks nearly identical to BF3. If you looked a a new screenshot from each game side by side you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 15:11:42

I saw the trailer, looked okay I guess. To be honest, it looked like every other modern CoD trailer ever which wasn't surprising. I'll say I won't get it now, but I know I will.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 15:32:49

That trailer was pretty shit. It was all boom boom boom and gameplay that looked not even a single bit different than the last game. That boat driving was hilariously identical to MW2.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 15:43:50

At 5/24/11 03:32 PM, Makeshift wrote: That boat driving was hilariously identical to MW2.

The guy in front even has the exact same pose as Captain Price's.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 15:47:56

Well, if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-24 15:50:41

At 5/23/11 10:27 PM, Danavers wrote:

reveal trailer

The magazine is upside down I think
It's definitely upside down

there were several flaws in BF3's trailer no one seemed to point out.
Such as? The only daft thing I noticed is how the soldier climbed out of the vent.

The floating rifle, the ammo that isn't feeding, the rocks falling through the ground in your face... Please don't make me show them to you, they're there.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-25 00:14:43

At 5/24/11 01:19 AM, Krbyfan1 wrote: Guys I just realized something...
Red Alert 2.

By George I think you've got it!

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-25 01:17:39

Just want to know one thing ( unless someone post this question already ) I heard that infinity ward had suffered a lawsuit from EA and kinda disbanded now there already? any light on this?

by the way i find pretty cool the game lets just hope there will be more problems added to it

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-
trailer-call-of/714155

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-25 15:32:18

I'll probably be getting this for Christmas to be honest. Play it for a month or so, get as many achievements as I can. Trade it in. I did that with Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2, unless this is utterly mind-blowing, I doubt it'll be any exception.

Looks alright though, I'm sure I'll enjoy the Campaign as I aways do - not sure why everybody hates them - but they only last 6 hours if I'm lucky, which is a shame as they have the power to really make a great campaign.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-25 17:45:01

At 5/25/11 05:04 AM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 5/24/11 11:18 AM, IrishGun wrote: Just popping in to point out that none of them do.
Scroll down to mothballs's post, that's EXACTLY what he says.

Touche.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-27 06:00:31

I guessing that anyone who talks shit about this going to carry the hypocrite banner.

Back on topic, anyway, this could be a prequel. High bets that we like the Onion article?

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-27 09:24:54

Wow, look at all the butthurt in this thread.

I'm going to buy the game because they've been fun. I don't care if it's the same shit we've seen over and over, because it's the same fun shit we've seen over and over. And I like the WW3 concept for the game, especially how some of the fighting takes place in major cities I can actually recognize.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-27 10:37:13

The trailers for the game look really nice. I honestly am sort of interested now, but I feel like it's just going to be more of the same. I'm really hoping for a few things that would make me buy the game :

1. Multiplayer Vehicles. A level with big ponds and rivers, driving through with boats, or cars in other levels. No tanks and planes though, it would super unbalanced.

2. Major Scale Destruction. The ability to destroy walls, roofs, or even whole houses/buildings making your own routes through the map with a trail of death and destruction.

3. More balance in multiplayer.

4. Actual differences with the weapons. In Black Ops all the weapons felt almost exactly the same, and it got very boring after a while.

5. A LONG FUCKING CAMPAIGN MODE. I CAN'T STRESS THIS ONE ENOUGH. The trailers looked great, and the story seems nice, but for fucks sake, if it's shorter than 6-8 hours I'm not getting this fucking game.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-27 11:12:27

At 5/27/11 10:37 AM, explodingbunnies wrote: I'm really hoping for a few things that would make me buy the game :

Just buy a Battlefield game. The already have those features.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-27 11:21:25

At 5/27/11 11:12 AM, Dean wrote:
At 5/27/11 10:37 AM, explodingbunnies wrote: I'm really hoping for a few things that would make me buy the game :

This.
Also, I'll probably get it as always, enjoy the campaign (I always think they're fun, maybe except CoD 3 and WaW) and play multiplayer for a bit. Much more interested in BF3 though.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-27 11:28:39

At 5/27/11 11:12 AM, Dean wrote:

I've always seen the Battlefield series as "Meh". They're good games but it's lacking on 2 things.

1. No one I know owns a battlefield game, so no friends matches.

2. The game just feels weird, I don't know how to describe it, it just it.

Hopefully Battlefield 3 is a great game.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-27 16:49:47

BBS Signature