New Topic Respond to this Topic
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 25th, 2011 @ 03:32 PM Reply

I'll probably be getting this for Christmas to be honest. Play it for a month or so, get as many achievements as I can. Trade it in. I did that with Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2, unless this is utterly mind-blowing, I doubt it'll be any exception.

Looks alright though, I'm sure I'll enjoy the Campaign as I aways do - not sure why everybody hates them - but they only last 6 hours if I'm lucky, which is a shame as they have the power to really make a great campaign.

Danavers
Danavers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 25th, 2011 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 5/25/11 05:04 AM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 5/24/11 11:18 AM, IrishGun wrote: Just popping in to point out that none of them do.
Scroll down to mothballs's post, that's EXACTLY what he says.

Touche.

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 25th, 2011 @ 06:12 PM Reply

At 5/23/11 09:52 PM, Travis wrote: The series has gone downhill since 4, if you can't realize it and get off Activision dick then that's your own fault.

And you say I don't respect your opinion on the games? Holy fuck, talk about hypocrisy.

joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 27th, 2011 @ 06:00 AM Reply

I guessing that anyone who talks shit about this going to carry the hypocrite banner.

Back on topic, anyway, this could be a prequel. High bets that we like the Onion article?

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
XenonMonkey
XenonMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 27th, 2011 @ 09:24 AM Reply

Wow, look at all the butthurt in this thread.

I'm going to buy the game because they've been fun. I don't care if it's the same shit we've seen over and over, because it's the same fun shit we've seen over and over. And I like the WW3 concept for the game, especially how some of the fighting takes place in major cities I can actually recognize.

BBS Signature
explodingbunnies
explodingbunnies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 27th, 2011 @ 10:37 AM Reply

The trailers for the game look really nice. I honestly am sort of interested now, but I feel like it's just going to be more of the same. I'm really hoping for a few things that would make me buy the game :

1. Multiplayer Vehicles. A level with big ponds and rivers, driving through with boats, or cars in other levels. No tanks and planes though, it would super unbalanced.

2. Major Scale Destruction. The ability to destroy walls, roofs, or even whole houses/buildings making your own routes through the map with a trail of death and destruction.

3. More balance in multiplayer.

4. Actual differences with the weapons. In Black Ops all the weapons felt almost exactly the same, and it got very boring after a while.

5. A LONG FUCKING CAMPAIGN MODE. I CAN'T STRESS THIS ONE ENOUGH. The trailers looked great, and the story seems nice, but for fucks sake, if it's shorter than 6-8 hours I'm not getting this fucking game.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.
PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 27th, 2011 @ 11:12 AM Reply

At 5/27/11 10:37 AM, explodingbunnies wrote: I'm really hoping for a few things that would make me buy the game :

Just buy a Battlefield game. The already have those features.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
LulzCal
LulzCal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 27th, 2011 @ 11:21 AM Reply

At 5/27/11 11:12 AM, Dean wrote:
At 5/27/11 10:37 AM, explodingbunnies wrote: I'm really hoping for a few things that would make me buy the game :

This.
Also, I'll probably get it as always, enjoy the campaign (I always think they're fun, maybe except CoD 3 and WaW) and play multiplayer for a bit. Much more interested in BF3 though.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature
explodingbunnies
explodingbunnies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 27th, 2011 @ 11:28 AM Reply

At 5/27/11 11:12 AM, Dean wrote:

I've always seen the Battlefield series as "Meh". They're good games but it's lacking on 2 things.

1. No one I know owns a battlefield game, so no friends matches.

2. The game just feels weird, I don't know how to describe it, it just it.

Hopefully Battlefield 3 is a great game.

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 27th, 2011 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 5/27/11 05:12 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 5/27/11 04:49 PM, naronic wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJBWNBzWz HQ

lol
That video is the reason why I can't fucking stand Battlefield fanboys. In recent months, they've gotten so cocky that they make Bungie fanboys look humble.

fanboys aren't perfect (farrrrr from perfect). just annoying.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
EDUCATIONALWAGON
EDUCATIONALWAGON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 12:09 AM Reply

I don't care what any of you assholes are doing, I'm buying Skyrim.

Tweeter and the Monkey Man were hard-up for cash, they stayed up all night selling cocaine and hash.

BBS Signature
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 12:26 AM Reply

At 5/28/11 12:09 AM, EDUCATIONALWAGON wrote: I don't care what any of you assholes are doing, I'm buying Skyrim.

This, don't get me wrong, I WILL get MW3, fuck all my friends will get it and I'm super interested to see whats up. But Skyrim first, then MW3. Probably already stated this but I also would like to point out after seeing the Trailer, I really like the ideas being implemented as far as Single player goes. Can't wait.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
MintPaw
MintPaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 02:09 AM Reply

Meh, I like the game. I'm not a big online player. Like the local multiplayer more. Ya hear, the whole campaign will be coop. Spec Ops is back, always liked it more then zombies.

It's funny, you really can't be on either side, if you say you like it people will call you a fanboy. If you say you hate it then you'll be labeled as a band wagon hater.

My opinion is that this game looks badass. Sure BF might be better, but who knows, that still makes MW3 #2 on list of best online game(arguable if you're a hardcore halo fan.) But yeah, I'll get it pretty soon after launch and it will probably eat up a lot of my time for a while.

Sure it might not be the greatest game ever but it's damn good enough for me to buy.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.
Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature
MintPaw
MintPaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 02:18 AM Reply

Also, I hear a lot about the engine and the graphics and what not, so being a programer and really paying attention to this stuff lemme recap.

Cod 4 = has an engine.
WaW = same base engine.
MW2 = new engine
BO = heavily modified MW2 engine.
MW3 = looks like heavily modified MW2 engine also. But may or may not be derived from the BO one. I dunno, haven't played it.

Some people are like "Same engine since cod 4" that's bs, look it up. There's no way you could miss the difference unless you aren't looking, which is fine, but then just don't claim to know anything about the subject.

My small which list for MW3:
Bring local back, BO had all local options removed, and you started at top level. Do it MW2 style please. :/

Make Spec Ops the bomb, ton of mission, they'll probably do this. Spec Ops was always the bomb, regardless of how much you complain about online vs matches, spec ops was always good fun.

Bring quick scope back, seriously it's wasn't like it was the most overpowered thing ever, it was actually pretty hard. It was just good fun in private matches and looked cool. I mean, by all means you can make it harder, but taking it all the way out with that weird mis-aim thing, not cool in my opinion.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature
KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 04:35 AM Reply

People do realize Bad company isn't/shouldn't be what battlefield will be like if you want to see how it will play go download BF2, BC1/2 are shit compared to BF2.

MW3 look's good & i'll get it, like most even the whiners will still get it, graphics don't mean shit if your game has crap controls & story so why only compare games by graphics people.

BBS Signature
joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 07:20 AM Reply

England, France and Germany. These are the three countries?

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 08:46 AM Reply

and just as I predicted
hype and brand name won out over practicality in this race

I'm busy recapping retro games anyway

BBS Signature
animehater
animehater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 09:36 AM Reply

At 5/28/11 01:57 AM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 5/28/11 12:09 AM, EDUCATIONALWAGON wrote: I don't care what any of you assholes are doing, I'm buying Skyrim.
Last I checked, Skyrim had NOTHING to do with MW3. So why the fuck are you bringing it up? How is it relevant to the conversation in the very least?

Try reading the title before you post next time. :)

They are both being released around the same time; the man was merely expressing the same thing I was thinking as a result of that. Skyrim always comes first

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 09:41 AM Reply

Haha, oh wow.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 09:56 AM Reply

I'm not exactly the most excited since most of the people who made the first games are gone. And now Activision is going ahead and charging extra for premium features, which is another strike against them. They're not doing a good job of selling me on the game.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
explodingbunnies
explodingbunnies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 10:52 AM Reply

At 5/28/11 09:41 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Haha, oh wow.

B-B-B-BONER BREAKER.

Now I've just been turned off from this game. Not sure if I'm going to buy it.

BBS Signature
EDUCATIONALWAGON
EDUCATIONALWAGON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 11:02 AM Reply

At 5/28/11 01:57 AM, RightWingGamer wrote:
Last I checked, Skyrim had NOTHING to do with MW3. So why the fuck are you bringing it up? How is it relevant to the conversation in the very least?

Try reading the title before you post next time. :)

Au contrare, they both come out around the same time (if I am not mistaken, 11/11/11) and I was specifying which I would rather buy. I would rather buy Skyrim because

- The last game in the series was my favourite game ever.
- I'd like to kill things other than terrorists with things other than guns in a first person perspective
- I'd like to explore massive, open ended vistas that look beautiful on the current hardware
- I'd like to play without being disturbed by people wanting to play online
- I'd like to play a game that has a good community and respect for the developer (except lolhorsearmor)
- I am really looking forward to interacting with a multitude of NPCs who aren't orange or terrorists

Alas, I know my whole friends list will be "Modern Warfare 3" on that day, but I do not care. I don't even pay for online anymore, I just chat with some people. Anyways, I'll walk about whatever i want as long as there is a hint of relation to the topic at hand, what are you going to do about it?

On a related note, I think Bobby Kotick had cocaine and hookers for breakfast with all the money his company is making.

Goatse.

Tweeter and the Monkey Man were hard-up for cash, they stayed up all night selling cocaine and hash.

BBS Signature
Jawd
Jawd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Programmer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 11:07 AM Reply

Well for me at the minute, Battlefield 3 is looking appetizing. I'm buying both games so it doesn't really matter for me about having to choose between the two, but Bf3 looks a lot prettier at the minute. I know as well as anyone who has been let down by games in the past though that looks really can be deceiving, so despite Bf3's beauty I won't form any proper judgements until I have played both games religiously for a month of two.

Like Final Fantasy, I will continue to buy the future titles even if the recent releases have been terrible because I will always hope that they will revive what they have destroyed one day, and bring back some of the magic. I won't miss out on a CoD purchase, and I'll buy every single release that comes out until it stops.

It's people like me that probably give Activision the power they use to think they can do whatever they want to the game, but I can't help myself, I need to buy the game. I've returned every CoD game I ever bought since CoD4 though, CoD4 will be in my collection until the day I die.

Premium features could be a good thing so long as regular online is still made free and that these premium features are mindblowingly awesome features that we haven't ever experienced before without paying for them in the past with other games. There's nothing to say that everyone will have to have a subscription to play online so we shouldn't jump the gun just yet, although if that is the case then the game would have to be fucking immense for me to play it. I mean, in my opinion, mw2 sucked ass, and if mw3 is the same game (or god forbid, worse) then having to pay-to-play for that shit on top of the disc purchase would just be a punch in the face.

So now it's time to speculate and get wishful, what premium features would you guys like to see, what premium features would be so worth paying for that you'd actually consider paying for them?

BBS Signature
Jawd
Jawd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Programmer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 11:52 AM Reply

Dedicated servers & mmo. I'm talking 100+ people in a single game. These are the kinds of things that I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for. I know Bf3 already offers quite large games for 30-40 people in a single game (I think it's around that amount), but if CoD had game modes that involved 50+ participants it could be really cool. I don't know much about PC gaming but it's probably already been done, and I bet it was hella fun.

BBS Signature
abdulbasit
abdulbasit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 01:38 PM Reply

i honestly cant wait

always ballin.

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 02:53 PM Reply

well, there goes me not buying this. Now I'm not excited about it anymore

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 5/28/11 11:52 AM, Jawd wrote: I don't know much about PC gaming but it's probably already been done, and I bet it was hella fun.

64 people on shipment man you don't even know

naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 03:39 PM Reply

I knew about this from the very beginning
I'm betting people will still throw their money away on this

This entire thing feels like one of those money handling tests of my youth in which we have to decide how to spend our money wisely

BBS Signature
MintPaw
MintPaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! May. 28th, 2011 @ 05:37 PM Reply

Yeah, payed subscription would kill COD, they're not dumb.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature