Be a Supporter!
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 12th, 2011 @ 09:08 PM Reply

At 10/12/11 09:03 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 10/12/11 08:54 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: But I'm sorry I have an opinion.
It's not an opinion when you treat it like fact...

And it's neither when it flies in the face of all common sense.

FACT is that cod is shitty and broken. Opinion is i don't like cod because it is shitty and broken.


..

brandnamelemon
brandnamelemon
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 12th, 2011 @ 09:20 PM Reply

I like them both to be quite honest, thier both different style of first person shooter's which makes them good =)

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 12th, 2011 @ 09:20 PM Reply

At 10/12/11 09:14 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 10/12/11 09:08 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: FACT is that cod is shitty and broken. Opinion is i don't like cod because it is shitty and broken.
You are either a troll...

Or the single stupidest person on this board.

No, I don't give a fuck if you have an opinion.

I give a fuck that you like to wave it around like a dick and pretend it's bigger than everyone else's when you don't even seen to understand basic common sense.

MFW when reading this response pictured below.

1. you've offered no points besides "fuck you" basically.
2. every argument you've brought up, I've completely and irrefutably destroyed, while you try to point out flaws in the way I explained it.
3. I explained calmly and thoroughly why I think these things, and all you've done is try to make your e-peen look much larger than mine.

who's the troll here, bro?

Cod Or Halo


..

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 12th, 2011 @ 09:35 PM Reply

HURDUR, FLAMEWAR TIME, SHOULDA KNOWN THIS WAS INEVITABLE. shame on me for actually thinking i could have an opinion besides "COD IS AWESOME" and people wouldn't hate me. I've logically explained why COD is bad, and it still starts a flamewar.

dude, your name says it all. you're such a dick. even to this exact moment, you've offered no argument besides "fuck you", "my argument should be obvious, you're just dumb", and "common sense".

chill the fuck out, go get layed or something, and stop feeling so adamant about being angry when your opinion varies from others. It's fucking pixels. Chill the fucking fuck out.

Cod is a money driven shitty ass game. get the fuck over it, you butt-hurt.


..

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 12th, 2011 @ 09:35 PM Reply

I don't like either series to any great degree, but I prefer CoD because the fact that you often have to empty a whole magazine into enemies in Halo multiplayer makes me mad.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
FlaminSquirrel
FlaminSquirrel
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 12th, 2011 @ 09:35 PM Reply

At 10/12/11 08:42 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Oh my god, I am so fucking sick of debunking this same bullshit argument over and over and over again!

Then don't. Seriously, why can't you just leave haters alone? It happened with Travis, so why can't you just understand that some people hate Call of Duty, probably even for stupid reasons? I'm not partial to Call of Duty because I'm not a fan of war shooters, does that mean I'm raping common sense in the face? Frankly, I don't care if I do. And neither should you. If people believe in stupid things, best leave it at that. I doubt the internet can really change someone's mind about what they firmly believe. I'm not saying that having a debate is bad, but raging because you don't like how someone hates a game and how they say it is pointless.

naronic
naronic
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 12th, 2011 @ 09:38 PM Reply

Staff, hazardous mensuration on isle 3, deploy mop-machine


BBS Signature
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 12th, 2011 @ 09:40 PM Reply

At 10/12/11 09:35 PM, Cootie wrote: I don't like either series to any great degree, but I prefer CoD because the fact that you often have to empty a whole magazine into enemies in Halo multiplayer makes me mad.

this is true, but ammo clips are actually rather low in COD, so by the time you've finished a couple people off, you're bone dry xD

also, once their armor is drained, melee and headshots is an insta-kill. saves a lot of ammo :D


..

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 12th, 2011 @ 09:45 PM Reply

jesus christ, fucking drop it. no one cares about your butt-hurt opinion.


..

FlaminSquirrel
FlaminSquirrel
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 12th, 2011 @ 09:47 PM Reply

At 10/12/11 09:41 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 10/12/11 09:08 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: FACT is that cod is shitty and broken.
That's clearly not the case!

I don't think he'd admit it any other way, even with your argument. But I'm not one to intrude on your judgement. Have fun, I guess.

kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Musician
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 12th, 2011 @ 09:48 PM Reply

Because it's much more fun to hate then to appreciate, I'll do that on both.

CoD (Because I despise it)

Incredibly poor general userbase. The guns have nearly no recoil (This is where the no skill argument comes in. It doesn't take no skill. It takes different skill.) . The campaign feels like it was an annoying child crying to daddy so he just bought him an ice cream cone without even glancing at the kid. But hey, they've got a great color palette and they introduce loads of new features with every game, right?
And fuck regenerating health.

Halo

Incredibly poor general userbase. Campaign is monotonous. Half the guns do fuck all and the other half are practically insta-kills. The driving is god awful. Hitbox detection is a bit off. Fuck regenerating health.


SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 12th, 2011 @ 09:52 PM Reply

At 10/12/11 09:48 PM, kiljoy96 wrote: Halo

Incredibly poor general userbase. Campaign is monotonous. Half the guns do fuck all and the other half are practically insta-kills. The driving is god awful. Hitbox detection is a bit off. Fuck regenerating health.

I disagree,
if you really learn how to use the fuck-all weapons, you get really good. for example, my favorite fighting style is pistol+jetpack.
close/mid range attacks, and headshots once you drain their shields. I drop on top of them, punch them, and wait patiently for the opportunity to pop a single bullet in their cranium. 20+ kills every game.
you should try it :D

this is how you express your opinion to someone who has a different one. pay attention, right wing.


..

chipotleaway
chipotleaway
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 12th, 2011 @ 10:03 PM Reply

LOL LIEK RWG IZ JUS MAD CUZ HE SUXORZ AT ALL GAEMS BESIDES COD
; Stop being such a fanboy though lol


I am a vagina cleaner. My Steam
In world god make every thing. Therefore God can't deid. -calvinmark

BBS Signature
chipotleaway
chipotleaway
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 12th, 2011 @ 10:14 PM Reply

At 10/12/11 10:06 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 10/12/11 10:03 PM, chipotleaway wrote: LOL LIEK RWG IZ JUS MAD CUZ HE SUXORZ AT ALL GAEMS BESIDES MASS EFFECT
Fixed.

I'm shit at cod.

Oh, then thats ok.


I am a vagina cleaner. My Steam
In world god make every thing. Therefore God can't deid. -calvinmark

BBS Signature
brandnamelemon
brandnamelemon
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 10:46 AM Reply

Inb4 ragequit.

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 11:08 AM Reply

At 10/12/11 10:06 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 10/12/11 10:03 PM, chipotleaway wrote: LOL LIEK RWG IZ JUS MAD CUZ HE SUXORZ AT ALL GAEMS BESIDES MASS EFFECT
Fixed.

I'm shit at cod.

*shit at COD*
*argues it incredibly heavily regardless*
i don't want to live on this planet anymore.


..

IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 11:14 AM Reply

At 10/11/11 08:51 PM, BumFodder wrote: Plus Halo has a massive universe of material comparable to 40k and Mass Effect.

Warhammer 40k's lore/in-universe material is bigger than both Halo and Mass Effect's combined.

Although, in fairness, it's been around for about 24 years.


#sweg
#huzzledongs
#sweg

BBS Signature
bobmarleyguy
bobmarleyguy
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 12:38 PM Reply

When im feeling casual-HALO

When im feeling competitive-CoD


I fucking love the "you don't say meme"

will222222
will222222
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 02:52 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 12:38 PM, bobmarleyguy wrote: When im feeling casual-HALO

When im feeling competitive-CoD

I do it the other way around.
RWG shut it, he is right.
Now i guess you're just going to insult me for bieng stupid and having no fact's because you can't do anything else, he has fact, you just can't see through fanboyism, I don't even think he is a fan of halo, I just think he likes it.

Rude-Awakening
Rude-Awakening
  • Member since: Aug. 25, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 03:16 PM Reply

I am an avid CoD and to a lesser degree, a Halo player. Above all, these are two stellar examples of which all other games can be held to, a yardstick, a point of which they must be measured, much like the iPhone is for the smartphone market, these are the market leaders (less so in terms of Halo now), The view that CoD doesn't require skill, any skill, is laughable. First off, I gave my mother the controller and asked her to play. She is going on 50 now. She has never played video games, and doesn't see the value in it. She can barely hold the controller properly. She by definition, is as close to having "no skill" as is possible. Did she dominate? Did she get chopper gunners and dogs and SR-71's? No. She came stone dead fucking last. She didn't get a kill. She got a lot of deaths. If that is your idea of "dominating" a game, well then I'm sorry but you're doing it wrong. It can be argued that CoD has a lower skill bar than other shooters, but then you have the flip-side of which is Counter-Strike, whereas you join a game and immediately are anally raped. Halo, also, has a higher skill bar. Does this increased difficulty make the game better? No. Difficulty is NOT the determining factor, it has and should never be. Fun and the amount of enjoyable a player can extract from a game is the determining factor. The reason why CoD is the market leader is because they understand that. It has problems yes, and I think even the most stern CoD supporters will admit this. But gamebreaking is a bit inflammatory.


NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0
Gamertag: JuicyRumpSteak

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 03:47 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 11:24 AM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 10/13/11 11:08 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote: *shit at COD*
*argues it incredibly heavily regardless*
i don't want to live on this planet anymore.
HA HA, U JUST QUOTED AN OLD MEME! HAHAHA, UR SOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will you two just cut it out?

Disagreeing is fine. Having a well-reasoned argument is fine. But this is just turning into pointless, off-topic bickering with which you're completely spoiling this thread.

If you two are going to continue like this I'm going to have to hand out some bans, so be warned.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
will222222
will222222
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 14th, 2011 @ 01:12 AM Reply

At 10/13/11 03:06 PM, Travis wrote:
At 10/13/11 03:00 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 10/13/11 02:52 PM, will222222 wrote: Herp a derp ur just a fanboy!!!1111!!!!
I'm all for intellectual debate, yet so many people seem to have a problem with that first part.
Can you guys just shut the fuck up?

Sorry, i guess it was stupid to try and talk sense into him.

XBLMisfitVoodoo
XBLMisfitVoodoo
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 14th, 2011 @ 11:36 AM Reply

You cannot compare CoD and Halo, cause apart from being First Person Shooters the concepts are totally different.

JingoJoe14
JingoJoe14
  • Member since: Jan. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 14th, 2011 @ 12:30 PM Reply

RightWingGamer, I feel for you. You're clearly in the right, and your reasoning can be backed up by logic, but nobody seems to give a shit. I mean seriously, where the fuck does this even come from?

At 10/12/11 08:54 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: the best weapons in the game (black ops) can be purchased as soon as you get enough money, offering no difficulty curve or challenge.

I'll agree that CoD (as well as nearly all other multiplayer games) require skill to win in some form. However, I'd argue that some games take significantly less skill than others. When a game neither improves upon existing competitive aspects of games nor adds significant new competitive concepts to the table all while simultaneously taking considerably less "skill" to compete at high levels, I feel the game is better left ignored as a competitive option. I believe, through real reasons I can quantify (unlike jeeshwa), that CoD falls into that category of game.

But so does Halo, too.


Message me if you ever want to play SFIV or BlazBlue on XBOX Live!
I also enjoy Quake Live.

AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 14th, 2011 @ 12:36 PM Reply

I used to like the old school CoD games, back when it was for the World Wars and you could use all of the old style weapons and it wasn't so serious. Now it just sucks all around. Granted it's cool to use some of the weapons of now and shit but I loved the old school games.

I would probably pick Halo nowadays due to the fact that Halo has always had an intriguing storyline and a great multiplayer, in my own opinion. I used to play Halo 2 multiplay in high school with a big group of friends and it was a fucking blast. I even did the same in college. Halo will always be my favorite between these two very different games.


Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature
Atypop
Atypop
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 14th, 2011 @ 05:40 PM Reply

I don't own any of either, not having an X-box and never really getting into CoD, but having played MW2 and Blackops, as well as Halo 3 ODSt and Reach, I prefer Halo.
I just like the system a bit better, but I wouldn't say I dislike CoD.


Pm me for a pleasant conversation or for help with anything.
Thanks to JebbaL for the awesome sig.

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 14th, 2011 @ 05:50 PM Reply

BOTH!


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Hiphopopotamus
Hiphopopotamus
  • Member since: Oct. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 14th, 2011 @ 06:00 PM Reply

No matter how bad Halo's community got, COD's community managed to set the bar much lower.


Sig by Maximus

BBS Signature
Corpus-Delicti
Corpus-Delicti
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 14th, 2011 @ 07:29 PM Reply

At 10/14/11 06:00 PM, Hiphopopotamus wrote: No matter how bad Halo's community got, COD's community managed to set the bar much lower.

This. Everyone in a lobby on CoD is either: 1. A Child 2. Stoned 3. A complete moron.

tahm10
tahm10
  • Member since: Mar. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Cod Or Halo Oct. 14th, 2011 @ 07:53 PM Reply

quake and team fortress 2 far succeed all console shooters


Join the Magikarp Army.
Psn: Creepydentures , Mostly play fighting games(Mvc3, street fighter 3, JJBA)
3ds: 4382 - 2022 - 6462 - Simons

BBS Signature