00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Skarp-Mahoney just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,073,069 Views | 77,367 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 12:27:10

At 7/9/07 11:18 AM, Nev wrote:
At 7/9/07 09:29 AM, Bahamut wrote: Good, I think you deserve that. For me, I don't have to worry, because I keep defending my long hair against those that want me to get a haircut.
Long hair > short hair :D.

I have short hair, but does a goatee count?

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 13:30:59

At 7/9/07 12:27 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: I have short hair, but does a goatee count?

you're the horseman, you tell us.

Got the gear, got the gas, got compression. My direction is cast to the concrete.

I am a motor musician, moving to the asphalt beat.

[Metal Hell]

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 13:32:55

At 7/9/07 12:18 AM, jakkelster wrote:
At 7/8/07 03:53 PM, Battlething wrote:
At 4/15/04 08:28 PM, Goatchrist wrote: Welcome to the Metal hell :)

If you are into heavy metal, melodic metal or whatever, this is the club for you. Tell us your favourite bands and/ or songs and join the hell :)
Yes! I like love that music!!! My favourite bans are Slipknot,drowning pool,gotsmack,spineshank,magedeath,etc. I think this is the place for me:)!!
i personally like those bands , except godsmack ( fucking alice in chains ripoff ) but most people here will probably call you a " poser " or " mallcore " and tell you that you need to " go listen to real metal " , etc . since those bands except megadeth are usually considered to be false metal . eh , i'm not really that kind of metalhead .... i like all forms of metal , from black sabbath to cannibal corpse .... as long as i like it i'll listen to it .

I don't care if you listen to nurock. But it isn't metal and listening to it won't get you into a metal club. Hard Rock isn't metal, and neither is nurock. And your statement that you listen to all forms of metal usually means that you listen to all forms of popular metal. If you listened to all forms of metal, you'd listen to everything from Sleep and Electric Wizard to Sauron and Mutiilation to Heavenly and Iron Savior. I don't care what you listen to, as long as you're honest about it and you don't try to bullshit everyone.

So, in short, nurock=\=metal and there's no debate about it.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 13:44:26

At 7/9/07 12:27 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote:
At 7/9/07 09:29 AM, Bahamut wrote: Good, I think you deserve that. For me, I don't have to worry, because I keep defending my long hair against those that want me to get a haircut.

Hahahaha, ha.

You have a goatee?

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 13:52:41

Did anyone do that contest for Nile? The one where you had to figure out the heiroglyphs?

Jylmu Raouls

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 13:53:54

Summer Slaughter pics:

Beneath the Massacre
Ion Dissonance
As Blood Runs Black
The Faceless
Cattle Decapitation
Cephalic Carnage
Decapitated
Necrophagist (this was the only pic that I took from all the way in the back instead of the front)

Lastly, here's the pic with Muhammad that I was talking about. He's on the right wearing sunglasses, and I'm on the left wearing the Gorgoroth shirt.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 14:15:52

At 7/9/07 01:32 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: Sleep and Electric Wizard to Sauron and Mutiilation to Heavenly and Iron Savior.

Not to mention Cattle Decapitation, Enthroned, Tartaros, Solefald, Borknagar, Arcturus, Goratory, The funeral Orchestra, Skepticism, Demilich, 3 inches of blood, Despised Icon, Symphony X, Dream Theater, etc...

note: even I don't listen to all those bands.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 14:36:10

Only if you're bald.

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 14:44:33

At 7/9/07 02:36 PM, Metal-Command wrote:
Only if you're bald.

b-b-b-bald to the bone like Howard Wulkan.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 14:50:29

I got La Masquerade Infernale by Arcturus today. It's fucking excellent.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 15:16:33

I got Where Dreams Turn to Dust by Forest of Shadows. It's awesome and it was dirt cheap(about 2 dollars).

I also downloaded Rheingold by Grave Digger. It's great.

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 15:26:52

At 7/9/07 01:53 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Lastly, here's the pic with Muhammad that I was talking about. He's on the right wearing sunglasses, and I'm on the left wearing the Gorgoroth shirt.

GOT NERD!?

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 15:38:25

Hell yes Im Deffinatly Fucking In... METAL RULES!

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 15:44:19

At 7/9/07 03:38 PM, crookedreverend wrote: Hell yes Im Deffinatly Fucking In... METAL RULES!

You'll find you're not allowed to be the judge of whether you're in or not.
Post at least ten of your favourite Metal bands and one of the highers will get back to you.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 15:50:47

At 7/9/07 01:53 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Cattle Decapitation

I laughed my ass of at this one.

Pretty damn good photos.

At 7/9/07 02:44 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: b-b-b-bald to the bone like Howard Wulkan.

Good times, gooood times.

At 7/9/07 02:50 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I got La Masquerade Infernale by Arcturus today. It's fucking excellent.

Congratulations, you have purchased one of my all-time favourite metal albums.

High five.

At 7/9/07 03:38 PM, crookedreverend wrote: Hell yes Im Deffinatly Fucking In...

Why do I somehow doubt this?

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 15:57:26

Is it just me or we getting a lot of newbies lately?

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 16:02:29

At 7/9/07 03:57 PM, metaldeath6 wrote: Is it just me or we getting a lot of newbies lately?

is it me or are we getting a lot of hypocrites lately?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 16:06:04

At 7/9/07 01:53 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Lastly, here's the pic with Muhammad that I was talking about. He's on the right wearing sunglasses, and I'm on the left wearing the Gorgoroth shirt.

His forearm is almost the size of my head.

?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 16:09:07

At 7/9/07 03:38 PM, crookedreverend wrote: Hell yes Im Deffinatly Fucking In... METAL RULES!

no. just no. First, post 10 metal bands. By metal bands, I mean METAL bands, not hard rock bands that Vh1 calls metal, not nurock bands that kerrap! calls metal, not metalcore bands that GuitarOne calls metal, not punk bands that you thought were metal because you hit the bong too much, not grunge bands that you thought sounded metal, but...

Actual metal bands. Examples? Heavy metal like Mercyful Fate. Black metal like Gorgoroth. Death metal like Dismember. Power metal, like Avantasia. Stoner metal, like Electric Wizard. Doom metal like Candlemass. Funeral doom metal like Skepticism. Avante Garde metal like Arcturus. Folk metal like Borknagar. Thrash metal like Overkill. Prog metal like Dream Theater.

That should give you a general idea about what we accept and don't accept here in the 'hell. If you don't know who any of those bands are, just gtfo.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 16:12:56

At 7/9/07 04:09 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: Prog metal like Dream Theater.

Don't you mean Symphony X :P?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 16:13:11

At 7/9/07 04:02 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 7/9/07 03:57 PM, metaldeath6 wrote: Is it just me or we getting a lot of newbies lately?
is it me or are we getting a lot of hypocrites lately?

hehe actually made me chuckle out loud to myself... how embarrassing

in other news i filled out my Blind Guardian collection today with nightfall and tales from the teilight world which i had before but lost over time both and fecking amazing and for those who wish to explore Blind Guardian i would deffinatly recommend these albums.

and in other other news i hit level 13... again... im not gona let it slip back down this time :P

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 16:15:35

At 7/9/07 09:36 AM, Idiosyncratic wrote:
At 7/9/07 09:32 AM, Kiddmeizter wrote:
At 7/9/07 09:29 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Why?
WHAT COULD I POSSIBLY HAVE DONE?!?!
Elitism.

Just a thought.

Elitism?
Dude, I've totally been Nice to all of you guys.
Wait a sec.
*Looks up Elitism on Wikipedia*

"Elitism is the belief or attitude that those individuals who are considered members of the elite — a select group of people with outstanding personal abilities, intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes — are those whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight; whose views and/or actions are mostly likely to be constructive to society as a whole; or whose extraordinary skills, abilities or wisdom render them especially fit to govern."

So you're sayin' I'm wrong?
No problem, Have some Candy.

P.s. Whoever posted Circus Maximus was right, they're pretty good.

Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 16:21:53

At 7/9/07 04:15 PM, Kiddmeizter wrote: P.s. Whoever posted Circus Maximus was right, they're pretty good.

your welcome. batman has another album by them but i cant find it anywhere on the net, so he must have the IRL CD

Got the gear, got the gas, got compression. My direction is cast to the concrete.

I am a motor musician, moving to the asphalt beat.

[Metal Hell]

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 16:28:20

At 7/9/07 04:12 PM, Nev wrote:
At 7/9/07 04:09 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: Prog metal like Dream Theater.
Don't you mean Symphony X :P?

The only reason I ever insult DT to your face is because I wanna get a rise out of you two. In reality, I have no preference of one or the other.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 16:29:59

At 7/9/07 04:15 PM, Kiddmeizter wrote: So you're sayin' I'm wrong?

Yes

What the FUCK!? I hate Mars! GET ME SOME SNICKERS DAMMIT!

Also, I've been listening to some Finntroll and Dimmu Borgir recently. Am I the only one who finds Black metal boring? (Unless it's unblack metal, Antestor FTW!)

Death>Black

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 16:30:01

At 7/9/07 04:15 PM, Kiddmeizter wrote: Elitism?
Dude, I've totally been Nice to all of you guys.

You don't remember when you called that guy a stupid cunt in another thread several times just because he wasn't sure what real Metal was? That's elitism. Thinking you're better then somebody just because you think of things differently or like different things.

?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 16:30:18

At 7/9/07 04:28 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: rise out of you two.

*rise out of you. Don't know why I put two in there. ugh.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 16:31:55

At 7/9/07 04:15 PM, Kiddmeizter wrote: So you're sayin' I'm wrong?

Yes

Also, I've been listening to some Finntroll and Dimmu Borgir recently. Am I the only one who finds Black metal boring? (Unless it's unblack metal, Antestor FTW!)

Death>Black

Also, I have a fear that I want you guys to either confirm or deny:

Am I a mallkid? Because I mostly listen to mainstream stuff. (Though basically nobody's ever heard of them in this fucking country) Bar like 3 or 4 bands. I order merch a lot. AND I like some nu metal.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 16:33:13

At 7/9/07 04:29 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:

Shut up, Ryan.

Finntroll and Dimmu Borgir aren't black metal.

Death>Black

You haven't listened to black metal. GTFO.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-07-09 16:37:57

At 7/9/07 04:28 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: The only reason I ever insult DT to your face is because I wanna get a rise out of you two. In reality, I have no preference of one or the other.

Pity it didn't really work :P.
You just don't know how to turn my DT crank ;).
Bahamut does. Maybe you could get some tips from him.

And Death > Black.
But not Cannibal Corpse.... God no.

BBS Signature