00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

1Her0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,083,721 Views | 77,370 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 09:29:38

At 4/8/09 09:16 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Ride The Lightning, Kill 'Em All, Master Of Puppets, ...And Justice For All

prepares for onslaught of 'NONE COS METALLICA'S SHIT LOLOLOLOL'

eh? metallica are awesome, relistened to kill 'em all yesterday and its wicked and powerslave is a beast of an iron maiden album, however i do really love rock in rio (the live one) cos it just gives off the greatest vibe when you listen to it

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 09:32:28

At 4/8/09 07:40 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: If you think about it, most music isn't supposed to be taken seriously. It's just artistic or personal expression. And for metal, the lead singer of some death metal band won't go out and skin a man alive. There's so many different sub genres of metal, especially extreme metal, that is hardly real.

I've always felt that one of the most defining characteristics of metal is that it's over the top. people hear metal, think "wow, this sounds pretty serious 'cause it's loud and heavy and a little scary" and start to take it seriously.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 09:33:25

Favourite Maiden and Metallica albums?

Maiden - Somewhere In Time and Fear Of The Dark.
Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning

Master Of Puppets is overrated

What are you favourite Deicide, Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel albums?

Just kidding :P

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 10:11:54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMvR-h8uk _U

new band i discovered through some digging about, anyone else heard of them they are awesome, Omnium Gatherum

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 10:34:47

Look at this Rammstein video I found
nsfwnsfw It gets funny round 2:58

No thats not a real penis No thats a French liquor not semen.
Also Though I am pretty sure I joined earlier I'm Gonna say I'll join

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 12:46:27

Hey guys, listen up, for I have something very interresting to say.

As you guys know, a lot of black metal bands make references to J.R.R Tolkien work, especially to The Lord Of The Rings.

And today in philosophy class, we have discussed Tolkien's work and my teacher mentionned the fact that Tolkien was making a lot of biblical references in LOTR. Some caracters, in fact, three of them are a representation of Jesus. First is Gandalf, he dies and come back to life, as a savior. Second would be Aragorn. He isn't the king at the beginning of the books, but in The Return Of The King, after he got a lot of people behind him to support him, he becomes the king of the Gondor. The third would be Frodo, as he is carrying a burden, the one ring, he is doing just like Jesus, who is carrying the weight of humanities sins. He is going through a lot of pain to assure our redemption. I'm having a hard time trying to make my point clear, but I hope you'll get the main idea.

Tolkien was a christian and obviously he was really into all the religious stuff. I think it's kind of ironic that black metal bands, which are most of the time anti-christian, are making so many references to a fantasy trilogy that is glorifying the Bible.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 13:22:39

So my fucking sterio is dead! It won't play my burnt stuff which is 97% of my collection. Fucking shit pretty bad I have to go in the basement to listen to Immortal

Idio wrote
Blah blah blah no viking debates god damnit!

I wasen't starting one. I was just stating a fact. viking>Saxons

Immortal-Grim and Frostbitten Kingdoms.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 13:43:59

At 4/8/09 12:46 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Tolkien was a christian and obviously he was really into all the religious stuff. I think it's kind of ironic that black metal bands, which are most of the time anti-christian, are making so many references to a fantasy trilogy that is glorifying the Bible.

yeh but most of the time the black metal focus' on the evil side so if the good guys are holy the bad guys are...

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 13:54:59

At 4/8/09 01:43 PM, Charon wrote:
At 4/8/09 12:46 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Tolkien was a christian and obviously he was really into all the religious stuff. I think it's kind of ironic that black metal bands, which are most of the time anti-christian, are making so many references to a fantasy trilogy that is glorifying the Bible.
yeh but most of the time the black metal focus' on the evil side so if the good guys are holy the bad guys are...

yeah... but that would be just like taking the bible and going all crazy over Satan and how cool he is...
you cannot believe in Satan if you do not believe in God.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 13:55:34

ok bit of a random post but a request, in here a long time ago someone linked to a selection a folk songs on youtube one of them was described by someone else in here as having a similar vocal style to the clean parts of Mikael Ã…kerfeldts' singing. the video was just an image which was a weird looking human figure on a white back ground, any other information i cannot remember, i just wanted to listen to it again

also Bonded By Blood, Virus and Canvas Solaris are excellent and should be checked out by all of you :)

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 13:57:20

At 4/8/09 01:54 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: yeah... but that would be just like taking the bible and going all crazy over Satan and how cool he is...

which is what black metal does (sorry for double)

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 14:28:57

Concerts i'm going to in the future:

April 10th - Kreator, Exodus, Belphegor, Warbringer(For the second time) and Epicurean(For the second time.)

May 1st - Paganfest. 1st time for all those bands.

May 2nd - Opeth(For the second time) and Enslaved.

May 24th - Testament, Unearth and Lazurus A.D. (All for the 1st time)

June 26th - Pro-Pain, Sworn Enemy and Mantic Ritual(For the third time.)

September 30th - Obituary, Goatwhore, Krisiun(For the secodn time.), The Berzerker and Warbringer(For the third time.)

These are all the concerts that I am DEFIANTLY going to in the future.

What about you guys?

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 15:50:46

At 4/8/09 09:00 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/8/09 08:45 AM, Bahamut wrote:
What's your favourite Iron Maiden and Metallica albums?

Maiden: Powerslave, Number of the Beast

Metallica: Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice for All

At 4/8/09 02:28 PM, AniMetal wrote:
What about you guys?

Opeth on May 11th

Did you just put your balls on my sandwich?

Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 15:52:34

So i hear Dream theater and Opeth are setting out on a tour and coming here later this year.
I´m tempted to go.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 16:47:50

At 4/7/09 07:36 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: Melvins.

I have three of their albums. I want to get more some time.

At 4/7/09 08:36 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Municipal Waste is delicious

tee hee

At 4/8/09 01:55 PM, Charon wrote: Virus and Canvas Solaris

I've been recommending these two forever, damn it.

Transcending Bizarre? - the Serpent's Manifolds (album)

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 17:16:27

At 4/8/09 02:28 PM, AniMetal wrote: These are all the concerts that I am DEFIANTLY going to in the future.

What about you guys?

Defiantly going? Nice typo you made there.

Napalm Death, Kataklysm and Toxic Holocaust on Sunday, then Absu, Sothis, Averse Sefira and Glorior Belli on June 21st. After June 21st, I have no idea...yet.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 17:25:57

At 4/8/09 05:16 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
At 4/8/09 02:28 PM, AniMetal wrote: These are all the concerts that I am DEFIANTLY going to in the future.

What about you guys?
Defiantly going? Nice typo you made there.

Everybody on the internet seems to type "defiantly" when they mean "definitely".

Who are you defying? hmm?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 17:37:23

At 4/8/09 09:00 AM, Coop83 wrote: What's your favourite Iron Maiden and Metallica albums?

Iron Maiden:
Iron Maiden, because it's raw and aggressive.
A Matter of Life and Death, because it's probably their most Progressive album.

Metallica:
Kill 'em All, because it's cooked and mild-mannered.
...And Justice For All, because it's probably their most simple album.

Yes, that was an attempt at humour.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 18:27:27

At 4/8/09 05:16 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Absu, Sothis, Averse Sefira and Glorior Belli on June 21st.

Lucky prick. >=(

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 18:45:09

At 4/8/09 09:00 AM, Coop83 wrote:
What's your favourite Iron Maiden and Metallica albums?

Iron Maiden: Seven son of a seventh son
Metallica: Kill em' all

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 18:50:38

At 4/8/09 05:16 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
Napalm Death, Kataklysm and Toxic Holocaust on Sunday, then Absu, Sothis, Averse Sefira and Glorior Belli on June 21st. After June 21st, I have no idea...yet.

Atheist and The Faceless on July 12th, that's where you're going because that's where I'm going.

I hate The Faceless, but I'm really going just for Atheist.

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 19:03:39

At 4/8/09 01:54 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: yeah... but that would be just like taking the bible and going all crazy over Satan and how cool he is...

Which is exactly what black metal does.

I explained this a page or two back. The point of Satanism (theistic Satanism) is to defy God's power or some shit. I think I described worshiping Satan as a big "FUCK YOU" to God.

At 4/8/09 06:50 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: I hate The Faceless, but I'm really going just for Atheist.

I'd sit through Slipknot to see Atheist.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 19:22:20

At 4/8/09 06:50 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: Atheist and The Faceless on July 12th, that's where you're going because that's where I'm going.

Aren't Psyopus, The Agonist and Gnostic also playing that night? I'm pretty sure they are. Out of those three, I've only heard The Agonist and they are terrible. And I know all about The Faceless, because I've had to sit through them twice.

I seriously have to think about that show, because I agree Atheist is the only band on the bill worth giving a shit about. The Absu/Averse Sefira/Glorior Belli/Sothis show almost a month before that is a much better bet.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 19:22:24

At 4/8/09 06:50 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: Atheist and The Faceless on July 12th, that's where you're going because that's where I'm going.

Aren't Psyopus, The Agonist and Gnostic also playing that night? I'm pretty sure they are. Out of those three, I've only heard The Agonist and they are terrible. And I know all about The Faceless, because I've had to sit through them twice.

I seriously have to think about that show, because I agree Atheist is the only band on the bill worth giving a shit about. The Absu/Averse Sefira/Glorior Belli/Sothis show almost a month before that is a much better bet.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 19:56:11

HOLY SHIT! I just found out of Beherit's new release...not to mention bought it. it comes available to be bought in America tomorrow.

this is their first release in 14 YEARS!

Death is only the Beginning. Death is all that is real. Heliosohophism.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 21:28:21

lol

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 21:40:06

At 4/8/09 09:28 PM, Gore-Hound wrote: lol

Faggot deserves it.

In 8th grade I got detention for wearing a Slayer shirt, actually.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 21:43:40

lol the last day of school before the uniform years came my freind was wearing a canneibal Corpse shirt and the dick head principil # 2 came up and said you can't wear that.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 22:22:53

At 4/8/09 09:43 PM, smeagol1 wrote: lol the last day of school before the uniform years came my freind was wearing a canneibal Corpse shirt and the dick head principil # 2 came up and said you can't wear that.

lol uniforms? Cannibal corpse is spelled wrong....

anyway... ya thats kinda shitty how people cant just let us express ourselves...in fact I got arrested on two occasions for wearing my "Fuck me Satan" Marduk shirt, and my "Christians to the Lions" shirt...its annoying as hell.

Death is only the Beginning. Death is all that is real. Heliosohophism.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 22:38:56

Where the fuck do you guys live, seriously? People here wear metal shirts all the time and don't get any shit for it.