00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FlacoDev35k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,084,126 Views | 77,370 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-05 14:10:43

At 3/5/11 12:15 PM, TheThinWhale wrote:
At 3/4/11 02:02 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: Can you guys recommend me some very worth listening, dirty and heavy Stoner Doom and Stoner Sludge?

Bison B.C. - Slow Hand of Death
Eyehategod

I already know them. They're pretty good, one of my brother's favourite band.

Thank you.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-05 16:51:19

At 3/5/11 01:30 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/4/11 11:43 PM, Xarnor wrote: Thanks guys! I'll check em out, even the overrated ones.
All should be good to listen to except for Korpiklaani (and Eluveitie and Finsterforst but I haven't listened to either of them). From what I've heard, they only have a memorable song or two on each album and the rest is forgettable. They have some fun songs but they seem to release albums too frequently which is a concern for their quality of music. As for Turisas which AniMetal spoke against, I haven't listened to the first two albums but the new one is really good. It's my favourite 2011 release so far.

Korpiklaani is bad... but I don't know much about them... I just threw them in.

But you can't say Finsterforst is not good. It kicks asses :P

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-05 16:54:57

At 3/5/11 04:51 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Korpiklaani is bad... but I don't know much about them... I just threw them in.

Rather silly to recommend a band that you think is bad.

I can't tell if they're bad or not if I haven't heard any of their songs. Got any examples you can provide?

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-05 17:42:33

At 3/5/11 04:54 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/5/11 04:51 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Korpiklaani is bad... but I don't know much about them... I just threw them in.
Rather silly to recommend a band that you think is bad.

He asked for bands he might like if he enjoyed Finntroll. I'm not saying I'm a fan. I'm saying he might enjoy it. Even though I think it's not very good.

I can't tell if they're bad or not if I haven't heard any of their songs. Got any examples you can provide?

Oh well, reading your post... it really looked like you said it wasn't any good.

Well, I only own one album... sooooo

Des Waldes Macht
Die Suche Nach Dem Licht

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-05 20:38:46

Yo, miss me?
Hopefully not because this will very likely be a rare appearance. Just popping by to basically say that there is no point me being a Horseman, NG has slipped from my routine and it's not as interested as it once was. Of course, this is if it hasn't already been given to someone else.

I'll more than likely pop by now and then in a SOAS fashion but I can't be arsed being a regular anymore.

And Dystopia are mint. Saw them mentioned at the top of the page, but Duff is wrong, The Aftermath is the album to get.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-05 20:46:05

At 3/5/11 08:38 PM, Nev wrote: Yo, miss me?

Actually, yes. Shame you don't come here as often as you do.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-05 20:49:01

I was actually thinking about your disappearance lately.

AND I JUST LISTENED TO WINTERSUN FOR THE FIRST TIME.

It's sooo beautiful.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-05 21:42:01

At 3/5/11 08:38 PM, Nev wrote: And Dystopia are mint. Saw them mentioned at the top of the page, but Duff is wrong, The Aftermath is the album to get.

Popping in just to mess with me, how fuckin' sweet

Whatever. I don't know Dystopia a lot, and only own one album by them. So if Nev says you should check out The Aftermath, than you probably should.

At 3/5/11 08:49 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: I was actually thinking about your disappearance lately.

AND I JUST LISTENED TO WINTERSUN FOR THE FIRST TIME.

It's sooo beautiful.

I like how you mentionned both Nev and Wintersun in your post, and obviously didn't knew that it's not the best things you can mix :P

So em, talking about Nev... He said he wants to give away the Horsemen title... What should we do?

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-05 23:39:39

At 3/5/11 09:42 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:

So em, talking about Nev... He said he wants to give away the Horsemen title... What should we do?

gimme, pwease. :3

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 00:40:06

At 3/5/11 11:39 PM, smeagol1 wrote:

I challenge you to a battle to the death.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 04:16:56

At 3/6/11 02:13 AM, batman64 wrote: Regarding the Horseman position:
I think we should find out who wants the position and take a vote.
Myself, I'm happy being the Grandfather of Metal Hell, it's a position no one else will have for a long time : P.

Well, you are far more active than you were just a few months ago. Don't you want to be and Horseman again?

Anyway, Metal!

I got myself some stuff to listen to earlier this evening.

1: Alcest - Tristesse Hivernale

It's the first release of the French band, Alcest. Back then, their music was purely black metal. Now, they mix Shoegaze, with Black Metal and Post-Rock. While I'm a big fan of their latest work, I still like what they released, back when they first formed.

2: Khlyst - Chaos Is My Name

I've heard a lot of good things about this band. I read that they make Avant-Garde Metal, Drone and Dark Ambient. I think this is going to be a great listen. I'm very excited :)

3: Blood Stain Child - Mozaiq

A Japanese Melodic Death Metal band with some Electronic parts and shit. I like what I've heard so far. Let's hope that the whole album is consistent.

4: Velvet Cacoon - Genevieve

A Black Metal/Ambient band. At first, I've listenned to their stuff only because the album is named Genevieve, and that's the name of my girlfriend, and also because it was a Black Metal band. I was pretty curious about it because of that, so I went on and got myself an album.

So, I'll be listenning to these for the next few days.

Alcest - La Mort Plane sur Ces Contrées Glacées

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 07:25:43

At 3/6/11 12:39 AM, greensucksbluerules wrote:
At 3/5/11 11:39 PM, smeagol1 wrote:

Well... why the hell not?

I will do whatever it takes to prevent that.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 07:52:59

At 3/5/11 08:49 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: AND I JUST LISTENED TO WINTERSUN FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Bad idea. Now you'll be wanting Time to come out.

At 3/6/11 02:13 AM, batman64 wrote: Myself, I'm happy being the Grandfather of Metal Hell, it's a position no one else will have for a long time : P.

You've been active over the last month or so. I'd say you're good to be a horseman again.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 10:56:54

Just quickly popping in to mention 40 watt sun. IIRC, there where a couple of warning fans here, and it's pat's new band. It's a slightly more raw warning, so listen to it NOW!

ceci n'est pas un blog.

(get it? It's a link to a blog.)

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 12:51:20

At 3/6/11 11:30 AM, greensucksbluerules wrote:
At 3/6/11 07:52 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/5/11 08:49 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: AND I JUST LISTENED TO WINTERSUN FOR THE FIRST TIME.
Why do constantly delayed projects choose ironic names?

I don't know. Somebody likes to fuck with us.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 13:46:46

If I am made horsemen I promise 1000 years of black metal winter to Metal Hell. New users will be treated with up most modesty, I will ride upon a pale horse with a head as black as coal. with a fog that follows in it's wake. Vote for me and I promise to better contribute to the hell, As horsemen I will review n00bs lists and accept or reject there ten band lists. I am an 04 member I feel I deserve such a position.

Vote for me today and Hell will follow with me.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 16:16:16

Hahaha! I was about to say: "Well, it's about time for it to come out"

At 3/6/11 02:16 PM, batman64 wrote: Things are kinda up in the air with me right now.
Though I would get a kick out of being a Horseman again, at this time I am not sure if I could make the commitment. I will know better over the next couple days and will let you guys know if I can be a horseman or not at this time..

Well, Sensey is not the most active Horseman in here. Bahamuth and I are around on a daily basis, so you don't need to be THE most active among us.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 16:27:18

What would have been more ironic is if both Time and Duke Nukem Forever came out at the same time. Jari has two months to get the album out for that to happen.

At 3/6/11 01:46 PM, smeagol1 wrote: Vote for me today and Hell will follow with me.

If you wish to be a horseman in the Metal Hell, you've got some work to do. ;)

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 18:21:31

At 3/6/11 04:46 PM, batman64 wrote: Let the voting begin.

I am almost sure it was you who accepted me here in the Hell. You should be a Horseman again. And you're also the proof that Metal is not only for kids and teenagers. You have my vote :)

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 18:53:50

At 3/6/11 05:57 PM, greensucksbluerules wrote:
At 3/6/11 04:46 PM, batman64 wrote: So here's the deal, if you guys would have it I would be proud to be a Horseman again.
I say yes because you've lived through more decades of music than the rest of us.

I know a lot of people who are older than me, and who still doesn't know shit about music... But Bill is pretty cool. And I think it would be great to have someone who grew up with the legends of metal music as an Horseman. This way, we have people of different age groups at the head of the Metal Hell.

So my vote goes for Bill.

I think that's three votes so far.

So let's wait for something like a week or so. This way, people will get a chance to vote or to stand for election.

Right now we have Bill and smeagol who are interrested in becoming the 4th Horseman. Who else?

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 18:59:22

At 3/6/11 06:53 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Right now we have Bill and smeagol who are interrested in becoming the 4th Horseman. Who else?

I'd like to be a horseman but Bill is a much better choice.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 21:34:36

I vote Bill too :)

Also just played the Crysis 2 Demo for PC, game's metal.

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 21:43:19

Agalloch Interview

At 6:20

"Imagine you are lost in the woods, and it's snowing and it's cold. And you know you are going to die if you don't find a shelter, or something. The wind is blowing, it's brutal. And you find, a cabin that is falling apart, ruins of a cabin. And you make into this ruins of a cabin. You open the door and it's illuminated and there is a fire and it's warm. It's kind of a transformation from life and death. From this coldness brutality outside, end of life. And death being this warm, comfortable place. And that rundown cabin in the woods, is where you are going to be forever."

Man... this is... Pale Folklore, this is Agalloch...
My heart is still pumping after watching that video.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 21:49:39

At 3/6/11 04:46 PM, batman64 wrote: Let the voting begin.

I vote Bill as well.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 22:05:12

John Haughm talking about Viking/Folk Metal at 7:55

Anybody else felt this was kick in the balls for bands like Amon Amarth ? XD

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-06 23:24:19

At 3/6/11 09:43 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Man... this is... Pale Folklore, this is Agalloch...

That's what I've always loved about Agalloch

It's such a visual form of music and their style lends itself to such amazing imagery that is unlike anything else I feel or see in any other kind of music.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-07 00:05:06

At 3/6/11 10:05 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: John Haughm talking about Viking/Folk Metal at 7:55

Anybody else felt this was kick in the balls for bands like Amon Amarth ? XD

Boring death metal...... nope can't be.

AMON AMARTH IS AWESOME!!!

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-07 00:52:46

Welp, so much for 1000 years of darkness. Dissection- No Dreams Breed in Breathless Sleep

Enter Thy Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-07 01:48:03

At 3/6/11 11:24 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 3/6/11 09:43 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Man... this is... Pale Folklore, this is Agalloch...
That's what I've always loved about Agalloch

It's such a visual form of music and their style lends itself to such amazing imagery that is unlike anything else I feel or see in any other kind of music.

I've read pretty much all your posts since you've joinned the Metal Hell. And I remember you saying you were mainly into RnB and Hip-Hop and almost not into Metal.

But now (and I'm not saying that just cause we both like Agalloch) you listen and understand metal like you've been listenning to it for ages. I was not as open as you were when I first started listenning to Metal music. It's great to have members like you around. People who can listen to music intelligently and diversify their tastes.

Great to have you in here :)

Agalloch -Summerisle Reprise

Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-07 03:01:38

Kvelertak posted a playlist of 47 songs on the Norwegian music streaming service WiMP. I'll post the list here if anybody's interested.