Be a Supporter!

Metal Hell

  • 1,704,883 Views
  • 78,903 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-02 18:46:21 Reply

Heard about the passing of Jeff Hanneman. That's a heavy blow. :(


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-02 19:45:52 Reply

At 5/2/13 04:16 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: Damn dude, you got yourself some gear... Give that stuff some use and learn how to programme drums or something. Well I'm telling you to do that, but if I knew how to do that, some of my stuff would roll faster, and still I just don't have any interest in learning how to do such thing... Also, I've just noticed my drummer posted another song on youtube if you want to check out, this one is more doomey and psychedelic, here you go: Siberian Fire - Mantra

I'd prefer learning to play actual drums ._. I don't know why. It's just something I prefer....
Also interesting song.

Also, send me your Youtube stuff, I've an youtube channel too, and I know how it feels like to have no one listening to your stuff.

Okay. I just feel I should warn you though. The quality is kinda....crap. I don't have any actual recording equipment so I either record using my webcam mic or using this little adapter jack thing that gets plugged into the mic....thing on my computer. I'll send you the link for the better of the two hour long songs. The first one is shittier because I failed at using a wah pedal in it xD

Well, and since you're talking about one-man bands, I also have another project that I kind of promote in my newground's sig, it's called A Lifetime Dying, and it's what I really really really love to do, I will only say it's a Post-Metal project, because my influences range from Melodic Death, to Doom, to Sludge, to Groove Metal and it all mixed just kind of sounds like Post-Metal to me...

Well my influences range from Stoner Rock, Doom Metal, Drone, and other random crap like Grunge.

It's a one-man project in the way that I do everything except the drums since I never got to play them, but I'm trying to make it a band where it just happens that I'm the main composer and the mind of the thing, from writing lyrics, to sing them, to compose the melodies and rhythms, etc. Luckily I've been supported by a friend of mine who plays drums(the same guy who plays the drums in Siberian Fire), and listens to my guitar recordings, demos and w.i.p's and he composes drums for me, well I end up recording the guitars at his home because I'm unable to get good audio quality at my home with my poor gear.

I suck at writing lyrics ._. seriously the only song I've written lyrics for was a song about some dude killing children in the woods xD

Also, another friend of mine who plays bass departed from his previous band because the guitarist emigrated and I convinced him to play with us, but now we're too occupied with Siberian Fire, and he's playing with us in Siberian Fire aswell, yeah kinda, confusing, it's like the Norwegian Black Metal scene, where you have dozens of bands with the same members but differente names. It saddens me that we never practiced A Lifetime Dying songs anymore, but I'm always composing new stuff, so the idea will never die.

I keep writing stuff almost every day. Hell I have enough guitar parts to songs to fill up like 5 albums. Though my "song writing process" isn't exactly the best. It seems that the only way I can make anything decent sounding is if I deprive myself of sleep for like 2 days. Thats how I recorded two hour long "songs" all in one take each. I kinda...zone out while I'm playing too so it gets a bit weird when that happens. It's why I can't remember large and I mean LARGE chunks of what I played.

If you're interested you can check one of my songs from the project A Lifetime Dying: Ionization My voice wasn't that mature back when I recorded it haha.

I can't sing period so I tend to avoid doing so xD though my singing CAN NOT be worse than the singing of the person who was in a band I used to be in. I'll put it this way. Her singing is why we arn't a band anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sirjuandiablo Here's my youtube channel in case you want to check it out, I post covers, original ideas, jams, only guitar stuff.

I subscribed to your channel. Though I don't really post my own stuff on there. My channel is just for posting like full albums and shit like that. For example I have the full albums for all of The Sword's, Unida's, and Torche's albums.

At 5/2/13 06:46 PM, FromADistance wrote: Heard about the passing of Jeff Hanneman. That's a heavy blow. :(

I just found out about that not too long ago :(


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Tobi
Tobi
  • Member since: Oct. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-02 21:48:57 Reply

At 5/2/13 06:46 PM, FromADistance wrote: Heard about the passing of Jeff Hanneman. That's a heavy blow. :(

My mom told me a few minutes ago, I couldn't believe it. I knew his condition was impairing his touring capabilities, but I didn't know he was going to die like this.

RIP Jeff, you had a big influence on my musical taste and playing.


BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-03 00:17:56 Reply

At 5/2/13 09:48 PM, Tobi wrote: RIP Jeff, you had a big influence on my musical taste and playing.

Slayer isn't one of my favorite bands, but we can't deny the importance of Slayer in the history of metal music. RIP.

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-03 07:14:03 Reply

At 5/3/13 12:17 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 5/2/13 09:48 PM, Tobi wrote: RIP Jeff, you had a big influence on my musical taste and playing.
Slayer isn't one of my favorite bands, but we can't deny the importance of Slayer in the history of metal music. RIP.

Indeed, I'm sure we all have shared a fair amount of comments on how we're not the biggest fans of Slayer but they did make quite an importance on heavy metal and that's something we all can't deny.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-03 12:31:34 Reply

At 5/2/13 07:45 PM, Viper50 wrote:
I'd prefer learning to play actual drums ._. I don't know why. It's just something I prefer....
Also interesting song.

Yeah, it's a total different feeling anyway


Okay. I just feel I should warn you though. The quality is kinda....crap. I don't have any actual recording equipment so I either record using my webcam mic or using this little adapter jack thing that gets plugged into the mic....thing on my computer. I'll send you the link for the better of the two hour long songs. The first one is shittier because I failed at using a wah pedal in it xD

I will check it anyway!


Well my influences range from Stoner Rock, Doom Metal, Drone, and other random crap like Grunge.

I smell some Melvins influence then haha


I suck at writing lyrics ._. seriously the only song I've written lyrics for was a song about some dude killing children in the woods xD

Haha, I'm actually better at writing in portuguese because it's my mother language, but I really want to write in english, so that the message can be spread worldwide, and I think that english sounds better overall. Well, as the years pass I'm getting more comfortable with english and I can actually write better stuff now.


I can't sing period so I tend to avoid doing so xD though my singing CAN NOT be worse than the singing of the person who was in a band I used to be in. I'll put it this way. Her singing is why we arn't a band anymore.

I thought I couldn't sing either when I first tried, but now I'm feeling more confident about my voice, and practice as helped me to do what I really want, and that is singing and playing guitar at the same time, although sometimes it's not easy to conciliate both in practice.


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-03 13:17:12 Reply

At 5/3/13 12:31 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: Yeah, it's a total different feeling anyway

The place I used to take guitar lessons from had a room for drum lessons. Me and my sister both took lessons there and while she was doing her bass lessons they let me wander around and go in the other rooms. And that entire time the only thing I can play on drums is the intro to D'yer Mak'er by Led Zeppelin xD

I will check it anyway!

Enjoy the ear rape :D

I smell some Melvins influence then haha

I do love Melvins....haha

Haha, I'm actually better at writing in portuguese because it's my mother language, but I really want to write in english, so that the message can be spread worldwide, and I think that english sounds better overall. Well, as the years pass I'm getting more comfortable with english and I can actually write better stuff now.

I can't hardly write in English and I've been speaking that my entire life ._. I started learning Norwegian and Portuguese but stopped out of nowhere. Though I'm planning on learning Serbian because I have a close friend that lives over there and I feel it would be easier for her if we spoke that when me and her get to talk.

I thought I couldn't sing either when I first tried, but now I'm feeling more confident about my voice, and practice as helped me to do what I really want, and that is singing and playing guitar at the same time, although sometimes it's not easy to conciliate both in practice.

I think the only stuff I can sing and it sounds mildly okay is stuff by Cake and some later stuff by Kyuss and Unida.
I used to be able to dead on sing stuff for Nirvana but I kinda....wrecked my voice doing that so I can't do that as much anymore xD at the moment I'm trying to sing stuff by Red Fang like Hank Is Dead or Good To Die.
Finding Red Fang was the best thing that ever happened to me musically xD
I started listening to them before Murder The Mountains came out so "before they got "big"" so I can be all "hipster" when it comes to Red Fang. Hell I racked up like 1,500 listens of JUST their music over the course of like 3 days on last.fm.
Also Red Fang said that they're starting to record demos for songs for their next album. Same with Acid King. Both of which are fucking awesome news.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-03 21:57:35 Reply

At 5/3/13 01:17 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 5/3/13 12:31 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: Yeah, it's a total different feeling anyway
The place I used to take guitar lessons from had a room for drum lessons. Me and my sister both took lessons there and while she was doing her bass lessons they let me wander around and go in the other rooms. And that entire time the only thing I can play on drums is the intro to D'yer Mak'er by Led Zeppelin xD

That's awesome, I wish I could play the drums, it's useful, and I have some problems with rhythm, maybe playing drums would grow a natural metronome inside of me.

I will check it anyway!
Enjoy the ear rape :D

I'm not going to lie, I was unable to listen to it entirely, it's necessary the appropriate mood to listen to that type of music and I just don't feel like standing here one hour only listening to that, I'm sorry, still, I've listened to it for about 15 minutes and I checked some further parts and I admire your patience to record such thing, and I give you respect, it's actually good drone, it doesn't have a well defined structure nor a good consistence, but I think it's a nice droney jam, for one of those lazy days, when you just want to listen to something loud and noisy (not as a bad thing), at least that's how I feel when I want to get some Sunn O))) on my ears or something like that. I can't understand why you say the quality sucks, it's the essence of drone man! It made me think about Naenocyborg Ãoeberholocaust, but with more diversity in notes.

I think the only stuff I can sing and it sounds mildly okay is stuff by Cake and some later stuff by Kyuss and Unida.
I used to be able to dead on sing stuff for Nirvana but I kinda....wrecked my voice doing that so I can't do that as much anymore xD at the moment I'm trying to sing stuff by Red Fang like Hank Is Dead or Good To Die.
Finding Red Fang was the best thing that ever happened to me musically xD
I started listening to them before Murder The Mountains came out so "before they got "big"" so I can be all "hipster" when it comes to Red Fang. Hell I racked up like 1,500 listens of JUST their music over the course of like 3 days on last.fm.
Also Red Fang said that they're starting to record demos for songs for their next album. Same with Acid King. Both of which are fucking awesome news.

Nirvana is very fucked up to sing, it's not like Kurt Cobain was a great singer or something, but he just screamed so hard it's insane, I can't understand how he could keep on playing concerts, without having is throat all fucked up.
Well, when it comes to singing, I mostly growl, not only because I like it, but also because I feel more comfortable with it and I kind of mastered the technique now, at least as much as I want to, and I feel no pain doing it these, also it's almost impossible to get out of tune. However I've recently been trying to shout, and I fear it may fuck up my voice because I can't find the key to do it correctly yet, but it just sounds so good, I think I'm slowly reaching what I want, but I don't want to lose my sweet voice haha


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-03 22:39:15 Reply

At 5/3/13 09:57 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: That's awesome, I wish I could play the drums, it's useful, and I have some problems with rhythm, maybe playing drums would grow a natural metronome inside of me.

I actually suck when it comes to keeping rhythm haha.

I'm not going to lie, I was unable to listen to it entirely, it's necessary the appropriate mood to listen to that type of music and I just don't feel like standing here one hour only listening to that, I'm sorry, still, I've listened to it for about 15 minutes and I checked some further parts and I admire your patience to record such thing, and I give you respect, it's actually good drone, it doesn't have a well defined structure nor a good consistence, but I think it's a nice droney jam, for one of those lazy days, when you just want to listen to something loud and noisy (not as a bad thing), at least that's how I feel when I want to get some Sunn O))) on my ears or something like that. I can't understand why you say the quality sucks, it's the essence of drone man! It made me think about Naenocyborg Ãfoeberholocaust, but with more diversity in notes.

Ah thats fine. I don't really expect someone to sit for an hour listening to something I recorded anyways haha. I actually think I suck when it comes to done stuff. Also I have a few other things up on YouTube that are just videos with multiple guitar parts. And yeah I suck at being consistent while recording stuff. Especially long stuff because like halfway through I tend to ya know...forget some stuff. Like I feel I went as far as I could go with one part and want to play something I did earlier but I can't quite remember exactly how it was played so I kinda half ass it til I can remember what it was xD
Well I think it sucks because I just sit my amp behind where my chair is sitting at the moment, move everything away from my webcam mic, turn on the audio recorder thing on my computer hit record, and start playing. I don't really try to make anything thats "high quality".
Also that thing I recorded was actually for someone I was (and still kinda am) ehm...."close friends with". She mentioned that when she studies that she likes listening to instrumental stuff because it helps her study. So I decided to make that for her.
(shes also the person the person who speaks Serbian as her native language so...you can guess where shes from ._.)

Nirvana is very fucked up to sing, it's not like Kurt Cobain was a great singer or something, but he just screamed so hard it's insane, I can't understand how he could keep on playing concerts, without having is throat all fucked up.

Well when it comes to stuff like that you have to train yourself so you don't fuck up your voice. Though in Kurt Cobain's case he didn't do that. So by the time they recorded In Utero he pretty much completely destroyed his voice. And as a result he had throat problems while they were touring for In Utero and had a severe case of bronchitis before they called off the rest of the tour after he went to rehab, proceeded to escape, go back to his home in Seattle, and then die.

Well, when it comes to singing, I mostly growl, not only because I like it, but also because I feel more comfortable with it and I kind of mastered the technique now, at least as much as I want to, and I feel no pain doing it these, also it's almost impossible to get out of tune. However I've recently been trying to shout, and I fear it may fuck up my voice because I can't find the key to do it correctly yet, but it just sounds so good, I think I'm slowly reaching what I want, but I don't want to lose my sweet voice haha

When it comes to singing for me I mainly sing I guess....clean? Like I don't shout or growl or do anything like that.
Mainly because I can't anymore ._. like....at all. It just doesn't work for me.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-04 01:18:38 Reply

I just got another band added onto Encyclopedia Metallum.
Valfader
Pretty good Post-Metal/Stoner.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-04 12:35:27 Reply

Sorry for the triple post but I just found out today that I'm not going to be able to go see Boris.
The person who I was going to get a ride from to go up to see them can't get the day off and I have no idea how to get up there myself. Also I don't have a reliable car that can make it up there because my car gets less than 10 mpg and I'd end up spending a couple hundred JUST in gas going up there. And I can't afford nor do I have any form of a gps so even if I did have a car that could make it up there I wouldn't be able to go because I can't really read directions and drive at the same time.

So I guess I'll have to wait til the next time they're anywhere near here....if that ever happens.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
kaeleb
kaeleb
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-04 15:54:09 Reply

any one here play any instrument/sing I my self sing and im learning guitar and drums


DARK ANGEL

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-04 17:22:10 Reply

At 5/4/13 12:35 PM, Viper50 wrote: Sorry for the triple post but I just found out today that I'm not going to be able to go see Boris.

I think AniMetal is going to see them live tonight. It sucks that you are going to miss them. Boris is one of the greatest bands of our time and the two shows will most likely be unbelievable. Really sorry that you are missing their show...

:(

At 5/4/13 03:54 PM, kaeleb wrote: any one here play any instrument/sing I my self sing and im learning guitar and drums

Viper50 and TheDaemonicPoet have been discussing that matter over the last two pages. Otherwise, I play bass like a noob and I used to do vocals in my high school band. I have a powerful voice, that I should put to use. It sucks that I don't get to play with a band anymore.

Spastic Ink - Eighths Is Enough
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-04 18:39:54 Reply

Oh hey I forgot to mention. I got a copy of A Farewell To Kings by Rush on vinyl yesterday for $0.75 at a Goodwill. It's actually in really good condition. Save for the fact that some of the corner is cut off.

At 5/4/13 05:22 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I think AniMetal is going to see them live tonight. It sucks that you are going to miss them. Boris is one of the greatest bands of our time and the two shows will most likely be unbelievable. Really sorry that you are missing their show...

(

Yeah it sucks....its only $15 each day and $25 for both. So I'm missing out on some really cheap shows...
Though I found out today there is a chance I can go see Black Sabbath when they're in Chicago in I wanna say August. My sister's friend's boyfriend works at the place they're playing and there is a possibility he can get me, her, and my sister tickets to go see them. Which would be pretty awesome. And I'm also in the middle of trying to convince my sister to go see Bob Dylan playing with Wilco and My Morning Jacket. My sister isn't too fond of My Morning Jacket. but I think I got my dad to like them though. I have a cd of theirs (Circuital) and was playing it the last time I was in a car with him and he insisted that I play it again when it finished.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-04 18:51:51 Reply

At 5/4/13 03:54 PM, kaeleb wrote: any one here play any instrument/sing

I play all


You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-04 19:26:16 Reply

At 5/4/13 06:51 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 5/4/13 03:54 PM, kaeleb wrote: any one here play any instrument/sing
I play all

Orly?

Metal Hell

Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-04 19:38:56 Reply

At 5/4/13 03:54 PM, kaeleb wrote: any one here play any instrument/sing I my self sing and im learning guitar and drums

Bass, guitar, trumpet, harmonica, and I suck at singing.
I wanna learn to play drums though. Then I can actually get full songs recorded because I have a thing against not using actual drums when it comes to recording stuff....


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-04 22:25:44 Reply

At 5/4/13 06:51 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 5/4/13 03:54 PM, kaeleb wrote: any one here play any instrument/sing
I play all

oh, word? :P


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 02:25:12 Reply

At 5/4/13 10:25 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 5/4/13 06:51 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 5/4/13 03:54 PM, kaeleb wrote: any one here play any instrument/sing
I play all
oh, word? :P

give me a couple weeks to learn it


You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
kaeleb
kaeleb
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 12:09:41 Reply

At 5/5/13 02:25 AM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 5/4/13 10:25 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 5/4/13 06:51 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 5/4/13 03:54 PM, kaeleb wrote: any one here play any instrument/sing
I play all
oh, word? :P
give me a couple weeks to learn it

im a singer I learning guitar and drums but im failing at that I also have a keyboard ...... but I don't think that counts :p


DARK ANGEL

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 15:09:55 Reply

At 5/4/13 03:54 PM, kaeleb wrote: any one here play any instrument/sing I my self sing and im learning guitar and drums

I play guitar, sing, well I mostly growl, from low/deep growling to high/shrieked growling black metal-esque, I think I have a nice range actually, I can do almost anything when it comes to growl, I also know how to grunt/pig squeal although I don't use it, I've been teaching myself to shout, but I still need a lot of practice when it comes do singing in a clean tone. I also know how to play bass, even though I don't usually play because I don't have one, I basicly transfer my guitar knowledge to a bass guitar. I suck at drumming, I'd love to learn how to drum well though. And I'd totally love to learn how to play sitar, oud, portuguese guitar and rabad.


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
kaeleb
kaeleb
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 16:55:30 Reply

At 5/5/13 03:09 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 5/4/13 03:54 PM, kaeleb wrote: any one here play any instrument/sing I my self sing and im learning guitar and drums
I play guitar, sing, I also know how to play bass, even though I don't usually play because I don't have one, I basicly transfer my guitar knowledge to a bass guitar.

I wish I could do all that I only know how to sing cleanly im learning to growl my voice at the moment aint letting me if you catch my drift ;)


DARK ANGEL

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 17:15:14 Reply

At 5/5/13 04:55 PM, kaeleb wrote: I wish I could do all that I only know how to sing cleanly im learning to growl my voice at the moment aint letting me if you catch my drift ;)

The trick is simple, pretend you're sighing and then just sing or talk with the sigh effect... I don't how to explain better than this actually xD It helped me to catch the trick quite easily though.


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
kaeleb
kaeleb
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 17:23:57 Reply

At 5/5/13 05:15 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 5/5/13 04:55 PM, kaeleb wrote: I wish I could do all that I only know how to sing cleanly im learning to growl my voice at the moment aint letting me if you catch my drift ;)
The trick is simple, pretend you're sighing and then just sing or talk with the sigh effect... I don't how to explain better than this actually xD It helped me to catch the trick quite easily though.

haha thanks ill try that but I don't know if my cracking voice will let me to it ........... some days it will have its moments -_- not often tho so that's a good thing XD


DARK ANGEL

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Writer
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 17:42:10 Reply

At 5/4/13 03:54 PM, kaeleb wrote: any one here play any instrument/sing I my self sing and im learning guitar and drums

Well, I posted a pic of my new guitar a few pages back, so obviously I can play it, haha.

I'm not very good at it, though. I don't know too much about music theory or anything about songwriting. I just like to play along to some cool songs.


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 17:45:15 Reply

At 5/5/13 02:25 AM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 5/4/13 10:25 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 5/4/13 06:51 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 5/4/13 03:54 PM, kaeleb wrote: any one here play any instrument/sing
I play all
oh, word? :P
give me a couple weeks to learn it

Hah, imagine prog black metal with guzheng.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 17:58:46 Reply

Quick question on a scale from 1-10 how "metal" would you consider bands like Blue Cheer or Vanilla Fudge?
The reason I ask is because they're considered really influential when it comes to metal but people tend to label them as Hard Rock.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
kaeleb
kaeleb
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 18:05:21 Reply

my music teacher is pissing me off for our assessment we are doing a 9/10 rock band I told her we cant do it cuz we don't have a drummer any more and our basset is barely here we have two singers and two girls on keyboard the last one im fine with so guys what should I do stay with it or leave it


DARK ANGEL

BBS Signature
kaeleb
kaeleb
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 18:11:46 Reply

At 5/5/13 05:58 PM, Viper50 wrote: Quick question on a scale from 1-10 how "metal" would you consider bands like Blue Cheer or Vanilla Fudge?
The reason I ask is because they're considered really influential when it comes to metal but people tend to label them as Hard Rock.

hard 9 that's for sure


DARK ANGEL

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-05 19:03:19 Reply

At 5/5/13 05:58 PM, Viper50 wrote: Quick question on a scale from 1-10 how "metal" would you consider bands like Blue Cheer or Vanilla Fudge?
The reason I ask is because they're considered really influential when it comes to metal but people tend to label them as Hard Rock.

On a scale from 1-10, they're a reasonable 5 in Stoner/Doom/Psychedelic Metal bands. Because when I actually listen to them it's like they're proto-stoner metal bands instead of actual proto heavy metal, I've been always saying this, except maybe for Led Zeppelin, they're not as stoner as Blue Cheers for example I think.


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature