00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YubaOfficial just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,593 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-25 16:43:14

*recommended

I need to get some sleep. 17 days guys!!!

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-25 23:56:58

At 10/25/11 11:09 PM, Cootie wrote: How awesome would it be if Skyrim made so much money that they were able to make a full film or something? That looked pretty good and I don't doubt that the budget was somewhat small.

Cramming 100+ hours of content into a movie doesn't sound like it will work.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 04:44:52

Hey guys, i'm having trouble brain storming what I want my character to be like, you know skill wise. I heard that the level cap is 75. Therefore I get 75 perk points(once I fully upgrade), Im thinking about full upgrading the warrior perk tree, then perhaps work on the armor, and magicka. I want to be a warrior Mage. Do you think that would work.

Also, when you use a combat skill, like archery for example, does that skill upgrade itself through use?

Help me please, I'm a noob to TES, let alone Skyrim.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 06:27:53

At 10/26/11 04:44 AM, ModernPatriot wrote: Help me please, I'm a noob to TES, let alone Skyrim.

Oh yes, we are all very experienced when it comes to Skyrim.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 06:28:37

Fucking PERKS?! They're putting PERKS in- ohmyfuckinggod I'm calling Bethesda.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 06:31:19

At 10/26/11 04:44 AM, ModernPatriot wrote: I heard that the level cap is 75.

There's no actual level cap, but once you hit level 50, the speed at which you're leveling slows down greatly.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 09:02:33

At 10/26/11 06:28 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Fucking PERKS?! They're putting PERKS in- ohmyfuckinggod I'm calling Bethesda.

I'm calling Treyarch and Activision and informing them of this blatant theft.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 09:22:10

To be quite honest, I don't see why people are comparing Oblivion to Skyrim.. I mean it's not even been released yet, and I'm really looking forward to it myself.

'Pay It Forward', And We'll All Be 'Happy Gilmore'

MY FACEBOOK!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 10:17:02

At 10/26/11 09:04 AM, Tramps wrote: Well, there is. There gets a point where you can't level up your skills anymore and there's no news on quests or hidden items that increase your level or gives you extra perks.

Hmm, true. I forgot that you no longer lose skills if you go to prison.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 10:19:47

Live-action trailer is pretty neat, but all it does is point out how lame the game is going to be in comparison. I'll be surprised if unscripted dragon attacks on cities are actually tense and well done in the game, as opposed to the dragon just sitting there while the city guard bumrushing it and townsfolk awkwardly run over rocks and into walls.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 12:28:17

At 10/26/11 12:12 AM, psycho-squirrel wrote: How about a tv series then.

Good idea. GREAT idea. I'd watch the shit out of it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 17:29:23

I gotta wait till Christmas for Skyrim. I'm broke as fuck right now and can't get a job due to school work/ no car to get to that job. But I'll be watching YT videos on walkthroughs and stuff. I don't much care for not knowing what will happen because it's basically SSDD when it comes to the story line. I could practically guess half the story line right right now.

Things that I know I'll love in Skyrim:

- The dual weild on spells (won't use it though on melee, I favor having more D on me with a shield)

- The Perks thing that give incentive to leveling up (it was so piss poor how the only thing I got to look foward to when leveling was to boost my base stats and that was all)

- The graphics (I have a 360 so I guess I can expect some good things out of graphics)

- The Shouts (though I doubt I'll use them often)

- Better looking character models for enemies (Trolls looked real bad in Oblivion and other creatures could have looked better, from what I've seen, the enemies, especially the skeletons, look really badass now)

- Combat should run better and the whole finisher thing will look cool (I finally can't just back pedal my way out of a fight but I hope the finishers only come around as much as they do in Fable 3, wouldn't want to get them too much or they'll get boring, also, finishers for Bows and different ones for different melee weapons, like daggers, would be fucking amazing)

- All the other crap from Oblivion that I loved and a better looking Menu (check and check)

In short, this game is going to be a-freaking-mazing once I get my hands on, which won't be for a while but still. If this thing was would only have a few bugs and some good quests with some good fights, it would be perfection.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 17:54:16

At 10/26/11 05:29 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: (I have a 360 so I guess I can expect some good things out of graphics)

Not to sound like a fanboy but the 360 doesn't have blu-ray like the PC and PS3.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 18:00:27

At 10/26/11 05:54 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 10/26/11 05:29 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: (I have a 360 so I guess I can expect some good things out of graphics)
Not to sound like a fanboy but the 360 doesn't have blu-ray like the PC and PS3.

Wat. Blu-ray drives aren't really common for PCs, nor do they really have much to do with graphics fidelity.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 18:44:57

At 10/26/11 06:07 PM, Tramps wrote:
At 10/26/11 06:00 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:
Wat. Blu-ray drives aren't really common for PCs, nor do they really have much to do with graphics fidelity.
The graphics won't differ from any version (apart from PC) because they're all hard-copied the same. They'd also be isolating a large percentage of their PC audience by making it a Blu-Ray disc.

I read somewhere that the basic graphics are all hard-copied into the game, then rather than having different textures for different models (e.g. dry/wet, morning/evening/night, desert/snow, etc.) that they'll apply filters to the textures.

Hopefully, this means that they can allocate more resources to the actual graphics, since I wouldn't think applying filters should take up too much RAM.

Either way, it looks to be promising. I'm a little worried about the HUD though... from what I've seen, it looks kind of bare compared to Morrowind and Oblivion.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 20:34:53

Hey does anybody know if you'll be able to have sex, and make offspring with your wife, or husband in the game?

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 20:40:03

At 10/26/11 08:34 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: Hey does anybody know if you'll be able to have sex, and make offspring with your wife, or husband in the game?

Go play meet 'n fuck loser.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 20:46:04

At 10/26/11 08:40 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 10/26/11 08:34 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: Hey does anybody know if you'll be able to have sex, and make offspring with your wife, or husband in the game?
Go play meet 'n fuck loser.

Wh-Ive never heard of that before.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 20:50:25

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 21:26:26

At 10/26/11 08:50 PM, desert116 wrote: Some new footage.

A dragon... I SAW A DRAGON!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 23:34:15

At 10/26/11 09:26 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
A dragon... I SAW A DRAGON!

And I saw someone being beheaded!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-26 23:47:04

Google is your friend :) You can get married, so it would seem logical that you could get your prehistoric freak on.

Now, as for whether or not you can have kids, I don't know... this isn't Fable III, so I'm going to take a guess and say "probably not."

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-27 00:25:55

The Xbox is good enough, as long as it has moderately good graphics I won't talk. I'm not like some people who are like "WHAT!? This Video game is NOT in 1080 HD and DOESN'T look as real as life? FUCK THIS! I have to empty out my wallet for another Graphics card, THIS. FUCKING. SECOND. This blasphemy can not stand."

So yeah, Oblivion looked decent and I'm sure this will too.

Also, I hope they didn't dump too much develpment time on useless things like social interaction with townfolk AI. Almost 95% of the time I'm out fighting Enemies, Towns are good for supplies and quests and looking pretty, the fuck would I want to interact extensively with useless Townfolk anyways when there's Dragons to slay? If you're going to dump development time on AI let it be for main characters and Enemies. I don't care if faceless-villager#1 gets stuck running into a wall, but I will rage if one of the characters I need for a quest decides they don't want to speak with me today or like, ever or they aren't even fucking there. AI bugs like that, should be avoided, all else is side talk.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-27 01:00:12

At 10/26/11 11:47 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
Google is your friend :) You can get married, so it would seem logical that you could get your prehistoric freak on.

Now, as for whether or not you can have kids, I don't know... this isn't Fable III, so I'm going to take a guess and say "probably not."

Well I knew that you could get married, but they didn't confirm that ou could actually have sex, or have children, but come to think of it, you could do those things as far back as Fable I. So I would hope that th developers have the wherewithal to include that in this game.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-27 04:29:19

+Nice, varied art design from town to town. Definitely not as bland as Oblivion
+Interesting spells (ie an enemy actually freezing instead of taking 5 freezing damage)

-Combat still doesn't seem to have much impact
-"I SAW A DRAGON" leads me to believe that the shitty NPC conversations are making a return: "I saw a mudcrab the other day." "*COUGH*" "Goodbye." "Be seeing you."

I don't get why everyone is so excited about the dragons. It's annoying, especially in videos by 'professionals'. If they're weak and spawn a lot (which seems to be the case), any and all impact that seeing a dragon might have on the player will be lost. They're shaping up to be the new Oblivion gates.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-27 06:58:31

At 10/27/11 04:29 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: -"I SAW A DRAGON" leads me to believe that the shitty NPC conversations are making a return: "I saw a mudcrab the other day." "*COUGH*" "Goodbye." "Be seeing you."

"A dragon, I saw A DRAGON!"
"What? What is it now, mother? You keep on like this, everyone in town will think you're crazy. And I've got better things to... [something]"

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-27 07:08:24

At 10/27/11 04:29 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: -"I SAW A DRAGON" leads me to believe that the shitty NPC conversations are making a return

I actually found a link about this.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/26/todd-h oward-on-the-lessons-skyrim-has-learned-
from-fallout-3/

"Lesson two, Oblivion's stilted random conversation system is gone. "There's very few completely random conversations," says Howard. "We've gone more towards a system, like we did in Fallout 3, where they have a specific conversation with a specific person about various topics."

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-27 13:49:58

Your wife can cheat on you!

This is probably going to be the best game ever.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-27 14:55:02

At 10/27/11 01:49 PM, Jolly wrote: Your wife can cheat on you!

If that bitch even thinks about it, the entire town is getting burnt to the ground.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-27 15:11:05

At 10/27/11 01:49 PM, Jolly wrote: Your wife can cheat on you!

This is probably going to be the best game ever.

If she cheats on me I- wait, I'm fighting dragons. I don't need a wife.

BBS Signature