00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,351 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 01:48:37

At 10/20/11 08:39 PM, Cootie wrote:
Only one things you said had any truth to it and that was the spear thing.

Never played the previous games, huh?

So, if your only problem with a game is it not having spears then that game must be pretty awesome.

This makes you look thick headed. The game is cool. I still play it. Why would I post in a thread about Skyrim, referencing Oblivion, only giving out FOUR things I wanted that were all opinions... Really? Get it together.

Who uses spears anyways?

You, seriously, want a list?

At 10/20/11 06:08 PM, Jolly wrote:
At 10/20/11 05:12 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: 1. As small or smaller than the seriously tiny version of Cyrodiil we got in Oblivion.
It really wasn't that small. And I do believe they have said it's bigger than Cyrodiil.

It was small. Really, really small. Good thing, though.

2. Not bringing back spears. I WANT MY FUCKING SPEARS!
They're not, sorry.

Damn it all.

3. Not going to have a fuckload more sidequests than Oblivion. Admit it, that shit was pathetic.
I believe they said there's going to be 96 side quest in total. 3-4 less than what was in Oblivion. That isn't counting the randomly generated quest that Skyrim is going to have, of course.

Son of a bitch. I guess the randomly generated thing makes up for it.

I really don't see how Oblivions side quest were pathetic. I spent 500 hours playing Oblivion and only beat about 50-60 quest total.

You... You've got to be shitting me. That's pathetic.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 03:53:29

I have to wait till Christmas to get Skyrim (on holiday and other minor reasons) but I can't wait.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 04:07:59

At 10/20/11 08:39 PM, Cootie wrote: Who uses spears anyways?

I'm pretty sure that I never once used a spear or halberd on Morrowind. They just didn't seem all that useful to me.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 04:37:05

At 10/21/11 04:07 AM, Dean wrote:
At 10/20/11 08:39 PM, Cootie wrote: Who uses spears anyways?
I'm pretty sure that I never once used a spear or halberd on Morrowind. They just didn't seem all that useful to me.

Diversity in weapons is important for keeping the experience fresh. Think about it; in the new fighting style presented in Oblivion and Skyrim spears would be a lot of fun to use. There were tons and tons of different weapons and armors in Morrowind, so when Oblivion came out and I got it I was severely disappointed at the lack of... Well, there was a lack of everything compared to the previous game.

Once again, I'm not saying it's a bad game. I love it, but I love Morrowind more. Hopefully, Skyrim will make up for my disappointment with Oblivion.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 05:38:22

Swords were simply the only useful weapon in Oblivion. Why use bows? On the normal difficulty, it takes about 30 shots to down a human enemy at level 1.
You had to turn down the difficulty to 0 to get a decently "realistic" experience.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 07:52:21

At 10/21/11 07:43 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 10/21/11 05:38 AM, Wolfos wrote: Swords were simply the only useful weapon in Oblivion. Why use bows? On the normal difficulty, it takes about 30 shots to down a human enemy at level 1.
You had to turn down the difficulty to 0 to get a decently "realistic" experience.
Poison on the arrow + sneak = dead.

Pretty much. I don't see the real problem with having to use several arrows when you're playing an RPG, but that's just me.

Any news on poisons? Or other status changing objects?
I haven't been keeping up with the news about it since several months ago as to not ruin the experience (put harshly, but pretty much), so sorry if I sound like a twat.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 09:12:39

My cousin works at Bethesda and has a bootleg copy of it on his computer.
The game is glitchy as hell. I dont see this game being game of the year with all those glitches

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 09:25:11

At 10/21/11 09:12 AM, reddge wrote: My cousin works at Bethesda and has a bootleg copy of it on his computer.
The game is glitchy as hell. I dont see this game being game of the year with all those glitches

Still quite a few days till release. However, keep us posted :D

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 09:38:57

At 10/21/11 09:12 AM, reddge wrote: My cousin works at Bethesda and has a bootleg copy of it on his computer.

These games are known for glitches and bugs, doesn't mean it won't get GOTY.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 11:26:04

hey guise my cousin works for EA adn dice and he got a copy of BF3 early and he sais taht its actually using the same engine as MW2 did wow what loser copiers

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 11:52:03

At 10/21/11 03:53 AM, Halberd wrote: I have to wait till Christmas to get Skyrim (on holiday and other minor reasons) but I can't wait.

Me too. But I got me some gamefly. Hopefully the game won't fly off their shelves. I got lucky with Portal 2.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 13:12:24

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 13:13:45

The game probably hasn't gone 'gold'/been fully finished yet but when it does I'm sure a lot of those glitches and bugs will be gone. And there will probably be launch day patches hopefully.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 13:32:43

At 10/21/11 01:12 PM, Jolly wrote: New footage and information.

Never before has 20 days felt like such a long time.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 14:05:31

bootleg copy

Well there's your problem.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 18:04:41

About the changes between games:

I REALLY wish they wouldn't have removed so much from Morrowind. What was the reason for removing crossbows, throwing weapons, spears, medium armor and whatever else? Medium armor was stupid though. It just makes the game more realistic and diverse, I don't see why they removed them. I especially loved crossbows. I would have a warrior who would have a crossbow as a sidearm, as real warriors may have had. But being a heavy armored warrior with a longbow just didn't make sense in Oblivion. Also, I loved to make a ninja and use shurikens, katanas, wazikashis, and tantos, but they removed all of these Japanese influenced weapons beside katanas. And then there was only one type of katana.

This is literally the only complaint I have about the Elder Scrolls.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 19:32:27

What do you reckon my chances are of getting this on Lovefilm?

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 21:20:22

At 10/21/11 06:29 PM, Cootie wrote: I think the reason they removed all the Japanese stuff was to make the games more of a Western RPG and adding Japanese weapons in a world where there is no Japan kinda seems goofy. I would like to see crossbows make a comeback though.

I'm pretty sure Akavir is the Japan/Asia of Nirn. Akavir and Tamriel had a huge and there was loads of Akaviri equipment left over in Tamriel. That's where all the Far Eastern weapons came from. Their removal from Oblivion didn't make much sense with the lore since there were more battles in Cyrodiil than Vvardenfell.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 21:25:58

At 10/21/11 09:20 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: I'm pretty sure Akavir is the Japan/Asia of Nirn. Akavir and Tamriel had a huge war and there were loads of Akaviri equipment left over in Tamriel. That's where all the Far Eastern weapons came from. Their removal from Oblivion didn't make much sense with the lore since there were more battles in Cyrodiil than Vvardenfell.

Fixed.
Exactly.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-21 22:47:52

At 10/21/11 01:12 PM, Jolly wrote: New footage and information.

I never really heard about what dragon shouts there were. So I didn't care. But ohhhhhh man.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-22 13:35:00

I realised I'm actually pretty indifferent to getting this game early. I think I'll just wait until Christmas.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-22 13:36:12

At 10/22/11 01:35 PM, Dromedary wrote: I realised I'm actually pretty gay

yep

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-23 06:31:41

holy shit this gametrailers footage is awesome.

18 daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-23 09:07:26

I've never played an Elder Scrolls game, what should I expect?

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-23 09:14:30

At 10/23/11 09:07 AM, ModernPatriot wrote: I've never played an Elder Scrolls game, what should I expect?

The best gaming experience of your life so far.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-23 09:17:18

2/10

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-23 10:05:40

FUCK i can't take the criticism

Preorded it

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-23 18:42:04

At 10/21/11 09:12 AM, reddge wrote:

>Bootleg
>Glitches

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-23 18:52:50

Yep, we're definitely getting close to the release date.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-10-23 20:13:35

At 10/23/11 02:42 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 10/23/11 09:14 AM, Dean wrote:
At 10/23/11 09:07 AM, ModernPatriot wrote: I've never played an Elder Scrolls game, what should I expect?
The best gaming experience of your life so far.
Probably this, I picked up Oblivion and didn't like it for the first hour. But after you see how the games work you won't want to put it down. You can sink hundreds of fun-filled hours into these games.

Sounds great, I'm actually anticipating this game more than any other.

On another note, does anyone know how becoming a vampire changes gameplay?

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature