00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

namilos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

369,347 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 09:55:13

At 8/8/11 07:26 AM, Snuff wrote: You guys can hardly complain about a video you were never meant to see. Just be glad you got something instead of whining all the time.

But it's fun.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 10:09:01

At 8/8/11 07:26 AM, Snuff wrote: You guys can hardly complain about a video you were never meant to see. Just be glad you got something instead of whining all the time.

But if people didn't complain the world would be a boring place.

That video wasn't particularly great anyway. It was just the E3 demo played live and in a little more depth. I was expecting something different and not seen before.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 14:11:45

Gametrailers hands on with the Quakecon demo. A little insight to the races and character customisation, you can even add battle scars. I really, really, really cannot wait for this game. I have never been this excited for a release, ever.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 14:23:45

i say, i am excited as well for this game! definitely something i look forward to!

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 14:26:04

At 8/8/11 02:23 PM, alfraydo wrote: i say, i am excited as well for this game! definitely something i look forward to!

Forward? HA! I'm looking every single angle for this game.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 16:39:44

At 8/8/11 02:11 PM, LulzCal wrote: Gametrailers hands on with the Quakecon demo. A little insight to the races and character customisation, you can even add battle scars. I really, really, really cannot wait for this game. I have never been this excited for a release, ever.

I still can't watch the video, (not any of them) but I can later today... but.. Battle scars? You can freely add them anywhere you want, or just in certain locations? And they're actually adding facial hair, aren't they? The only thing I don't like about this game that I've heard about so far is that the collectors addition is kind of shitty.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 16:52:33

I've already planned out my character.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 17:11:28

At 8/8/11 04:39 PM, Jolly wrote: I still can't watch the video, (not any of them) but I can later today... but.. Battle scars? You can freely add them anywhere you want, or just in certain locations?

No idea, the writer said that he only had 45 minutes to play. He said that you could spend hours hand crafting your character, which sounds awesome.

And they're actually adding facial hair, aren't they? The only thing I don't like about this game that I've heard about so far is that the collectors addition is kind of shitty.

Well, the CE looks great but its pretty expensive. Still, its not something to dislike about the game, you don't have to get the collectors edition.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 17:13:39

Holy shit, I just realized this comes out on a Friday. That doesn't happen in North America ever. It's the perfect day for a release.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 17:26:39

All the skyrim skills are now confirmed.
WARRIOR
-Archery
-Block
-Heavy Armor
-One-Handed
-Two-Handed
-Smithing

MAGE
-Alteration
-Conjuration
-Destruction
-Illusion
-Restoration
-Enchanting

THIEF
-Alchemy
-Light Armor
-Lockpicking
-Pickpocketing
-Sneak
-Speechcraft

Beast races have humanoid legs Confirmed
Sneaking , Pickpocketing and lockpicking are separate skills Confirmed
Alchemical properties of ingredients are identified by experimentation or consumption ...
Performing alchemy to make new potions can be done at a workbench .
Aurora Borealis confirmed Aurora Borealis = Northern Lights
Salmon fish can be picked by hand from rivers .
Chickens exist and you can steal their eggs
Cows are confirmed
No blocking while dual-wielding
Foxs are confirmed
Fish jump in and out of stream
Books which zoom in and open and changing pages has a page flip animation.
Iron gate trap will be in that swing back and forth
You can collect Lavender and Tundra Cotton
You can bribe and intimidate guards
You can ask Bards to sing for you
Torchbugs and Luna-moths can be collected
You can add scars and face-paint in the character-creation menu
You can steal a horse and make a run for it without the guards catching you.
Lockpicking is similar to Fallout 3 , using 2 lock picks and rotating the lock to find the sweet spot.
Perk points can be stored and used at later levels.
The Stormcloak (The Rebels) fraction
Honeycombs are confirmed and you can acquire honey from them

I thought I'd post this incase anyone hasn't seen it. It's some news from a couple days ago.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 17:30:35

At 8/8/11 05:26 PM, Makeshift wrote: Cows are confirmed

Nothing else matters. I now want this game more than ever.

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 17:32:02

At 8/8/11 05:30 PM, warshark wrote:
At 8/8/11 05:26 PM, Makeshift wrote: Cows are confirmed
Nothing else matters. I now want this game more than ever.

Better be able to mount them, buy them, own them, sell them, and milk them.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 17:35:25

At 8/8/11 05:32 PM, Makeshift wrote: Better be able to mount them, buy them, own them, sell them, and milk them.

If only...if only...

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 17:36:23

At 8/8/11 05:11 PM, LulzCal wrote: Well, the CE looks great but its pretty expensive. Still, its not something to dislike about the game, you don't have to get the collectors edition.

http://i.imgur.com/0qEN4.jpg

Compared to a lot of things, it's pretty shitty. The art book could be nice, though, I guess. I don't think a PVC dragon statue + Art book + Map is worth $150. I think it should be lowered to at least $100.

Also, every open world Rockstar game comes with a map of the world. The map shouldn't be exclusive to the collectors edition, in my opinion.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 17:38:03

At 8/8/11 05:18 PM, Rory wrote: Can I be an argonian or a kahjiit? If I can't, then fuck this shit.

Two races that I don't think I ever used for a proper character. I might have started as an Argonian once because I thought water breathing would be cool, but I didn't find it useful in the end. I was always more of a Nord or a Breton.

Also, HI RORY!

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 17:42:27

You can take chicken eggs from chickens?

Can we throw them?

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 17:55:44

At 8/8/11 05:36 PM, Jolly wrote: Compared to a lot of things, it's pretty shitty. The art book could be nice, though, I guess. I don't think a PVC dragon statue + Art book + Map is worth $150. I think it should be lowered to at least $100.

This is my post in another thread about the exact same image.

The difference between Skyrim and The Witcher 2 makes sense. The 12" detailed statue of the dragon would be expensive and is much more valuable than a head (probably made out of cheaper material too). That art book for Skyrim is hardcover with 200 pages and the map is made of cloth. If you don't want to pay more for some high quality items, just don't buy it.

From The Witcher 2 you get some cheap crap and from Dead Island you also get some cheap crap.

Quality > Quantity

Also, every open world Rockstar game comes with a map of the world. The map shouldn't be exclusive to the collectors edition, in my opinion.

This is a cloth map. A more expensive material... if you buy Skyrim you get a normal paper map.

Collector's Editions are for collectors. They shouldn't consist of some dollar store crap with a logo slapped on it. If I had the money, I would instantly buy the Collector's Edition.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 19:13:10

Alchemical properties of ingredients are identified by experimentation or consumption ...

So that means we wont know what each ingredient does until we either make something with it or eat it?
Sounds fun. :D

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 19:24:37

At 8/8/11 07:13 PM, Samen wrote:
So that means we wont know what each ingredient does until we either make something with it or eat it?

I'm really hoping you can also find recipe books and the like.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 19:28:46

At 8/8/11 05:55 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/8/11 05:36 PM, Jolly wrote: Compared to a lot of things, it's pretty shitty. The art book could be nice, though, I guess. I don't think a PVC dragon statue + Art book + Map is worth $150. I think it should be lowered to at least $100.
This is my post in another thread about the exact same image.

The difference between Skyrim and The Witcher 2 makes sense. The 12" detailed statue of the dragon would be expensive and is much more valuable than a head (probably made out of cheaper material too). That art book for Skyrim is hardcover with 200 pages and the map is made of cloth. If you don't want to pay more for some high quality items, just don't buy it.

From The Witcher 2 you get some cheap crap and from Dead Island you also get some cheap crap.

Quality > Quantity

This is a cloth map. A more expensive material... if you buy Skyrim you get a normal paper map.

Collector's Editions are for collectors. They shouldn't consist of some dollar store crap with a logo slapped on it. If I had the money, I would instantly buy the Collector's Edition.

The cloth map is available to everyone who pre-orders, it isn't exclusive the the CE and the dragon is made out of PVC (aka cheap plastic), if it was made out of metal or porcelain you could say it is worth the $150 for the CE. Since it isn't they should lower the price at least a little because an extra $90 for an artbook, a behind the scenes DVD, and a plastic statue is way too much.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 19:36:58

At 8/8/11 07:28 PM, djack wrote: The cloth map is available to everyone who pre-orders, it isn't exclusive the the CE

I don't think so.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 19:41:39

At 8/8/11 07:36 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/8/11 07:28 PM, djack wrote: The cloth map is available to everyone who pre-orders, it isn't exclusive the the CE
I don't think so.

Well shit, you were right. Fuck the collector's edition, I actually wanted a cloth map more than anything.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 19:51:43

At 8/8/11 07:24 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/8/11 07:13 PM, Samen wrote:
I'm really hoping you can also find recipe books and the like.

I'm sure there will be stuff like that, as well. I wonder if potions will act the same way - their functions will only be identified after use (or, through the use of a recipe book). That'd be cool, then you could test out a new potion on some poor, unsuspecting farmer just to see what it does.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 19:54:33

At 8/8/11 05:38 PM, Dean wrote:
Also, HI RORY!

Um... Hi, Dean.

I'm really hoping you meant to add a link to somewhere I can buy the Collector's Edition in the UK...

Which reminds me, does anyone have any idea why it isn't available on Amazon.co.uk? The only thing I could think of was that it hasn't been shipped over there yet. I'm really hoping they don't limit it to America and Canada (I actually spelled it Canadia without thinking about it, lol).

soooooo puuuuumpppeeddddddddd

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 19:59:43

The Collector's Edition isn't available on Amazon Canada, Rory Larsen Barker.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 20:01:21

Well fuck me it's available at GAME!

Hell yeah, my dad's gonna be pissed.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 20:03:18

At 8/8/11 07:59 PM, Makeshift wrote: The Collector's Edition isn't available on Amazon Canada, Rory Larsen Barker.

Amazon.ca, what's the website for that?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 20:27:27

At 8/8/11 08:14 PM, Tramps wrote: Hearing that Skyrim preorders ship with the cloth map is the best news I've heard all day.

I concur!

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 21:16:06

I have no, none, nada, zero idea what this game is. Explain please.

Moved to new account.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-08 21:18:07

At 8/8/11 09:16 PM, CritcalOne wrote: I have no, none, nada, zero idea what this game is. Explain please.

There are twenty one pages of explanation behind you.