00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ER-Cursed-Writer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

369,332 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-19 03:05:30

Has anyone ever fast traveled and somehow land on a roaming dragon? I just did and went from near Solitude to Riften in a matter of minutes. Was pretty fun was when I moved a step and it got hostile. Fall right through the ground when I landed.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-19 04:49:59

At 1/19/12 03:05 AM, FurryFox wrote: Has anyone ever fast traveled and somehow land on a roaming dragon? I just did and went from near Solitude to Riften in a matter of minutes. Was pretty fun was when I moved a step and it got hostile. Fall right through the ground when I landed.

That have happened me a number of times on my first playtrough. First time scared me a little.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-19 08:50:17

I finally 100% Platinum Skyrim i even had to go through it a 2nd time cause i screwed up the 15 daderic artifacts quest but it was fun,<3 skyrim though i'm glad to finally be done with it.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-19 10:50:47

At 1/19/12 08:50 AM, illuminate wrote: I finally 100% Platinum Skyrim i even had to go through it a 2nd time cause i screwed up the 15 daderic artifacts quest but it was fun,<3 skyrim though i'm glad to finally be done with it.

Done with it? Are you kidding? Gettng all of the acheivements/trophies is merely recognizing that you have officially completed HALF of the game. Now you get back in there and get some dragon priest masks, master every shout, and become thane of every hold at least once!

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-19 11:24:54

At 1/19/12 10:50 AM, animehater wrote:
At 1/19/12 08:50 AM, illuminate wrote: I finally 100% Platinum Skyrim i even had to go through it a 2nd time cause i screwed up the 15 daderic artifacts quest but it was fun,<3 skyrim though i'm glad to finally be done with it.
Done with it? Are you kidding? Gettng all of the acheivements/trophies is merely recognizing that you have officially completed HALF of the game. Now you get back in there and get some dragon priest masks, master every shout, and become thane of every hold at least once!

No way!

After you get all the achievements.... its time to make yourself a new character...

Might I recommend the Unarmed Badass?

I highly recommend it.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-19 11:36:18

At 1/19/12 11:24 AM, RobJohnson wrote: Might I recommend the Unarmed Badass?

I highly recommend it.

Holy shit, i'm so trying that out D:

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-19 11:52:10

I'm thinking once I master alchemy I might be satisfied enough with my primary character to move on to a heavy battleaxe wielding orc or something. Or maybe a gay Atlmer mage loyal to the empire.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-22 21:03:58

Anyone one wanna post their current armor and weapon setup?

Here's mine.

I'm currently level 27.

Apparel
Volsung (dragon priest mask)

Gilded Elven Armor

Steel Plate Gauntlets (superior)

Steel Plate Boots (superior)

Weapons

Elven Mace (Exquisite and enchanted with fire damage)

Dwarven Bow (Superior)

The only spells I really use are Flame Atronarch, Soul Trap, Firebolt, Fire Rune, and fast healing. As far as shouts I use Unrelenting Force (who doesn't) Elemental Fury, Whirlwind Sprint, and fire breath. That's about it. Btw someone tell me where to find the dragonrend shout?

Try drinking your own piss, its actually quite healthy.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-22 22:46:49

Patch 1.4 and the construction kit come out this week...my penis moved a little bit.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-22 23:17:21

Every time I try to enter the companion's HQ and leave again the game freezes. WTF.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-22 23:28:03

At 1/22/12 10:46 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Patch 1.4 and the construction kit come out this week...my penis moved a little bit.

Seems this new patch will fix mostly problems I've never had, and not fix the ones I've actually encountered.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-22 23:39:56

At 1/22/12 09:03 PM, CyberTrack wrote: Anyone one wanna post their current armor and weapon setup?

Level 52 Argonian

Morokei mask, Arch mages robes, and Savos amulet. For boots I've been switching between some elven boots of flame suppression and some glass boots of frost suppression. Can't remember what gloves I'm using and I've just been using a ring that adds 50 to my magicka.

I only use a weapon for stealth kills, it's an improved ebony dagger, enchanted for frost damage. Most of the time I don't use a weapon though as my main focus is a mixture of destruction and conjuration spells. I love being able to summon dremora lords, and storm atronachs are handy against dragons. I just conjure one of those two and then switch back to dual casting destruction spells. For shouts I generally like using Ice Form (I'm still missing about 5-6 shouts though I think) and then of course Dragonrend for fighting dragons, I kill dragons so much faster now that I have Dragonrend, it's very convenient to have.

Btw someone tell me where to find the dragonrend shout?

You get it from one of the later main quests I believe, just keep working on the main quests and you'll get it eventually.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-23 02:22:32

At 1/22/12 09:03 PM, CyberTrack wrote: Anyone one wanna post their current armor and weapon setup?

Level 31 Orc

No Helm
Ebony Mail
Ebony Boots
Ebony Gauntlets
Chillrend/Wuuthrad/Dawnbreaker

I use Mehrunes' Razor for dragons and other enemies with a lot of health because it makes them die faster. Mehrunes' Razor has been a life saver for me on numerous occasions.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-23 03:05:58

Lvl 22 Nord
Legendary Daedric Armor
Legendary Daedric Sword
Ebony Boots
Ebony Gloves
Dwarven Shield
Some enchanted Elven Bow

I'm really just looking for some Daedra Hearts at the moment so I can finish up my Daedric armor set.

New tune: Yag

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-23 07:12:50

By the way, which armor is generally better, Daedric or Dragon? I think I've got enough dragon bones now to make a full set, but I'm not sure if it's better than Daedric.

New tune: Yag

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-23 11:30:36

At 1/23/12 07:51 AM, Cootie wrote:

:hit the armor cap 567 then you can have 80% damage reduction with any armor.

You think 567 is the armor cap? You're funny.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-23 14:34:37

Level 23 argonian

Dragonplate helmet (legendary)
Dragonplate Armor (legendary)
Dragonplate gauntlets (legendary)
Dragonplate boots (legendary)

Orcish bow of arching (legendary)
skyforge steel war axe (legendary)

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-23 14:41:46

My setup:

Level 48 Nord
Nightingale Hood (Legendary)
Nightingale Armor (Legendary)
Nightingale Gauntlets (Legendary)
Nightingale Boots (Legendary)

Weapons:
Nightingale Bow (Legendary)
Dragonsbane (Legendary)
Dawnbreaker (Legendary)
Daedric & Ebony Arrows

Right now I'm working on getting the pieces of Mehrunes Razor and finding the rest of the words of power. Only maxed stats I have are smithing, sneak, and lockpick. Also got stuck in Volskygg dungeon. Might attempt to finish it later since it's giving me problems.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-23 16:23:30

At 1/23/12 11:30 AM, DickBuns wrote:
At 1/23/12 07:51 AM, Cootie wrote: hit the armor cap 567 then you can have 80% damage reduction with any armor.

567 is the armor cap. The armor stat can go above 567, but it won't provide any additional damage reduction.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-23 17:00:42

At 1/23/12 04:41 PM, logic wrote:
At 1/23/12 04:23 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
567 is the armor cap. The armor stat can go above 567, but it won't provide any additional damage reduction.
Actually, there is an exploit involving alchemy that can make anything, including the weapon value go FAR above those numbers and be as effective as the number.

I didn't say anything about weapons. Damage reduction can't be brought above 80%, regardless of what your armor says.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-23 18:31:13

Okay.

Level 45 nord

Dragon plate everything (Legendary) (667 def)
Konahriik
Daedric war axe (136 dmg)

And sperm of zeus.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-23 23:28:56

At 1/23/12 05:38 PM, Aci6 wrote: How many hours has everyone clocked up? I'm sitting below 100 myself and I still haven't explored the whole map. Also, I started a new character with a focus on magic skills. Going to play a bit differently.

I'm sitting on around 145 hours. I've explored quite a bit, and have most of my Th'ums. My major concern is the shift in dragons in the game. I no longer encounter black dragons or frost dragons, instead I get raging ancient and elder dragons that 1 hit me everytime I confront them.

However, just earlier I got my 7th dragon priest mask. Still have 1 more to go!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-24 18:58:10

lvl 16 Nord named Hugrekki

all Dwarven armor except for the boots, which are those unique boots that the old guy from the Companions had. After he died, I looted his corpse. I'd be rockin' Dwarven boots if I had found them, but so far, no luck.

I forgot what weapons I have, but I have several one handed weapons. I remember that I have an ancient Nord bow and several types of arrows, including ancient Nord arrows, steel arrows, and iron arrows. I know I have some sort of two handed warhammer that's enchanted with something. I think it's drain fatigue, but I'm not sure.

I intend to play through as an Argonian, also, and I'll probably name him Abominor. He's gonna be an evil sumbitch and join the Dark Brotherhood.

Also, my friend came across a pretty neat glitch. He got some sick looking armor in a cave that I've never seen before and he got one of the dragon priest masks. The helmet from this set of armor lets him wear the mask at the same time, and if the graphic displays the helmet (sometimes it displays the mask instead) then the character's head appears invisible. He looks like a wraith or something this way. pretty cool. I wish I knew where this cave was so I could get the armor for myself.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-24 20:26:20

Well I'll do this thing where I'll play around with a bunch of characters before I'm happy with who I'm playing as. I made a Dunmer stealth-mage then a Nord warrior then an Altmer mage.

Then I settled down with an Imperial named Draiko who looks totally badass. He's a jack-of-all-trades, he's used one-handed weapons and destruction magic and wears light armor: Dragonscale for combat situations and Nightingale for stealth. I did the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood and Companions and got him to level 31 before growing bored of him and abandoning him. That's just me.

Fucked around quite a bit more before making Lars, my true Nord warrior. I did a bit of roleplaying with him, I never fast traveled with him the entire time, and he only ever wore Studded or Scaled armor, and later Dragonplate (yes, that's heavy, I'll explain) I did the Main Quest and Stormcloaks with him and he was going quite well until I discovered the Oghma Infinium glitch. I boosted him from level 34 to level 81 in one day, and maxed out one-handed, block, smithing, heavy armor, speech, and threw some other perks around. This effectively ruined the game for me. I still had quests I could do, plenty of them, but it just didn't seem worth it now that I could take anything out on master with ease. His final equipment was Dragonplate armor, Spellbreaker shield (fucking love this thing) and Daedric sword. He now sits with Ysolda in Hjerim.

I've made plenty of other characters since him but none have had the same effect as he did. I feel so bad. I'm currently just messing around with a bit with some cool character ideas:

I have Serverus, an Altmer Templar knight (He is fights in the name of The Divines, hunting down all Daedra, undead, and other evils) He has Steel Plate armor and an enchanted Elven sword I've named the Sunblade which burns for 20 points. The only magic he uses is Restoration. Sven is his squire (aka bitch) who wears leather and does whatever the fuck I tell him to, like carrying all the loot. I'm roleplaying that he's not the Dragonborn. I'm just walking around, helping out whoever needs it and destroying the undead. The only questline I'm considering is the College of Winterhold, maybe Imperials. Level 20 currently.

My other character is Toki, a Nord hunter. He just wears fur armor, uses a hunting bow (of course) and a steel dagger which acts as basically a medieval hunting knife. He's also quite skilled in Alchemy. He just walks around Skyrim taking down animals whenever he feels like it and exploring caves. Whenever I do come across a town, I'll hang out for a bit and offer my help to anyone who asks for it. Not sure how far I can go with this guy, but it's pretty fun so far. I took on 3 bears at once using my dagger and only had 3 health potions with me. Shit was so cash. Only level 9.

One character I tried to play with was a Vanguard, a class I used in Oblivion and Morrowind (though I barely played Morrowind) The Vanguards are an order of Dunmeri mage-knights from Morrowind who fight for the good of Tamriel. They worship Daedra, mainly Azura and Boethiah, yet pay respect to the other princes as well. Vanguards use heavy armor, two-handed weapons, destruction, restoration, and conjuration. Anyway, I made a Vanguard named Valen (after that asshole in Oblivion, the first NPC every player meets) The reason I didn't feel like this class really worked in Skyrim was because it's so difficult to use both two handed weapons and magic, while in Oblivion, magic was a separate button so I could shoot a fireball while still holding my greatsword. On PS3 at least, there is a lag of at least 2 full seconds when switching what you have equipped, so it just took too long to summon an atronach, then pull out my greatsword, then maybe switch to dual firebolt for a distant targer. Fuck you, lag.

long ass post.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-24 20:46:37

At 1/23/12 05:00 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
I didn't say anything about weapons. Damage reduction can't be brought above 80%, regardless of what your armor says.

Pardon me, I forgot you kids are playing on consoles.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-24 21:13:56

At 1/24/12 08:46 PM, DickBuns wrote:

Some people never learn.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-24 21:21:33

At 1/24/12 09:13 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
Some people never learn.

Indeed. You never apparently learned the ridiculously awesome shit that you can do with console commands.

Sounds like a personal problem.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-24 21:22:59

The only way it matters if you're on PC is if you're cheating, which isn't what he was talking about. 567 armor rating, 80% damage reduction, is as good as armor gets. Though with weapons you can exploit even on consoles to make them do crazy damage. I saw a video where a guy had an iron dagger doing 450 damage.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-24 21:26:28

At 1/24/12 09:22 PM, hitman1993 wrote:
The only way it matters if you're on PC is if you're cheating, which isn't what he was talking about. 567 armor rating, 80% damage reduction, is as good as armor gets.

You sure that wasn't what he was talking about? After all, he didn't clarify at all.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 09:16:12

Aside from the "PC iz teh maztur rase" talk we've been having, has anyone fought Sidgis Gaulder yet? It's on the Forbidden Legend sidequest. Easily one of the hardest bosses I've encountered in this game so far. Spoilers ahead:

It's the typical type of boss fight of teleporting around the room, but when he teleports, you need to find the copy of him you originally attacked. Seems simple, right? Wrong. He has two other clones who both use a shout at the same time that causes you to get shot across the room and paralyzes you. Then they proceed to fire arrows at you as you lie helpless on the ground. There's hardly anywhere to hide from the shout, not to mention. On top of things, you need to fight this guy AGAIN in a harder form. Such a frustrating battle.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature