00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YubaOfficial just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,597 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 09:43:44

I remember Sidgis, I found him fairly easy when I fought him. I was playing on Adept but I remember Krosis being near impossible on that difficulty, though I was a higher level when I was fighting Sidgis. Were you a low level or on Master Difficulty or what?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 09:54:32

At 1/25/12 09:43 AM, Snuff wrote: I remember Sidgis, I found him fairly easy when I fought him. I was playing on Adept but I remember Krosis being near impossible on that difficulty, though I was a higher level when I was fighting Sidgis. Were you a low level or on Master Difficulty or what?

I'm level 32, can't remember the difficulty level I play on, I just play. But He was just spanking me all over the place with the constant shouts. I couldn't find anywhere to hide.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 10:08:30

I don't always spout off spoilers without warning, but when I do, I usually tipe lahk diss ferss.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 10:35:37

At 1/25/12 10:08 AM, DickBuns wrote: I don't always spout off spoilers without warning, but when I do, I usually tipe lahk diss ferss.

Don't worry, DickBuns, I actually did mention a spoiler warning, but you chose not to read it. But it's ok, because I know you would never admit to being wrong anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 10:40:01

At 1/25/12 10:35 AM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote:
At 1/25/12 10:08 AM, DickBuns wrote: I don't always spout off spoilers without warning, but when I do, I usually tipe lahk diss ferss.
Don't worry, DickBuns, I actually did mention a spoiler warning, but you chose not to read it. But it's ok, because I know you would never admit to being wrong anyway.

Really. Quote yourself then pal.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 12:08:39

At 1/25/12 10:40 AM, DickBuns wrote: Really. Quote yourself then pal.
At 1/25/12 09:16 AM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Aside from the "PC iz teh maztur rase" talk we've been having, has anyone fought Sidgis Gaulder yet? It's on the Forbidden Legend sidequest. Easily one of the hardest bosses I've encountered in this game so far. Spoilers ahead:

Yes, I am aware you don't find it obvious enough. Spare us the rant.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 13:46:21

At 1/25/12 12:08 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 1/25/12 09:16 AM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Aside from the "PC iz teh maztur rase" talk we've been having, has anyone fought Sidgis Gaulder yet? It's on the Forbidden Legend sidequest. Easily one of the hardest bosses I've encountered in this game so far. Spoilers ahead:
Yes, I am aware you don't find it obvious enough. Spare us the rant.

What rant? Conversation between him and myself which was resolved through PM. Get a life, and go butt into someone else's convo boyo.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 15:54:06

DickBurns is the reason I don't visit this thread anymore.

Well, that and I don't play Skyrim anymore, but still.

Also give me some DLC please.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 16:05:59

At 1/25/12 03:54 PM, Snuff wrote: DickBurns is the reason I don't visit this thread anymore.

Well, that and I don't play Skyrim anymore, but still.

Also give me some DLC please.

Chasing casuals off, one at a time. I'm ok with this. Even if it is not my purpose.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 16:58:28

At 1/25/12 03:54 PM, Snuff wrote: DickBurns is the reason I don't visit this thread anymore.

If you're under the impression that someone is seriously ruining the atmosphere in a certain topic for the heck of it, don't hesitate to shoot a PM to an online moderator and have him or her look into it.

Above all the BBS rules and guidelines, we would like to keep this forum a fun place for everyone and us moderators do have the tools to solve these kind of situations and (perhaps) improve the thread a little.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 17:15:12

Personally, I tend to ignore elitist knobheads.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 17:17:22

At 1/25/12 09:16 AM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Easily one of the hardest bosses I've encountered in this game so far. Spoilers ahead:

"Spoilers ahead:"

"SPOILERS"

*Blind elitist knobheads

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 17:22:31

Is anyone else having an odd urge to play Oblivion?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 17:52:39

At 1/25/12 04:58 PM, Auz wrote: If you're under the impression that someone is seriously ruining the atmosphere in a certain topic for the heck of it, don't hesitate to shoot a PM to an online moderator and have him or her look into it.

I tried to contact the mods, but none were online. Not in here or in general.
I sense conspiracy,

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 18:03:19

Guys it's all good. We took it to the PM system and worked it all out that way. No problem.

I'm having a hard time getting the "Rich" achievement, or whatever it is. I've been saving up for a long time trying to make 100k, but it just isn't happening. As of right now I have around 43k and still haven't finished the main quest or the mages questline. Is there anything upcoming I can make monies from?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 18:05:23

At 1/25/12 06:03 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Is there anything upcoming I can make monies from?

Thieves Guild? Dark Brotherhood?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 18:38:44

At 1/25/12 06:03 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Guys it's all good. We took it to the PM system and worked it all out that way. No problem.

I'm having a hard time getting the "Rich" achievement, or whatever it is. I've been saving up for a long time trying to make 100k, but it just isn't happening. As of right now I have around 43k and still haven't finished the main quest or the mages questline. Is there anything upcoming I can make monies from?

SPOILER
Selling the elder scroll will net you a couple grand when you've finished using it. Other than that you'll just have to save up your gems and jewelry to sell whenever you go back to town. Remember to stick with lightweight items with a high value.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 20:17:28

At 1/25/12 06:03 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Is there anything upcoming I can make monies from?

I don't know if you've been doing the Dark Brotherhood quests but there is a later quest for the DB which will reward you with a pretty significant amount of gold, in fact, that quest gave me way more gold than any other quest I've done iirc and I've done just about all of them.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-25 22:36:13

At 1/25/12 06:38 PM, djack wrote:
At 1/25/12 06:03 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Guys it's all good. We took it to the PM system and worked it all out that way. No problem.

SPOILER
Selling the elder scroll will net you a couple grand when you've finished using it. Other than that you'll just have to save up your gems and jewelry to sell whenever you go back to town. Remember to stick with lightweight items with a high value.

I see. So selling someone a legendary object that exists outside of time and space and can shatter the universe with it's infinite power will get you a couple grand?
That makes perfect sense.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-26 01:19:59

At 1/25/12 05:22 PM, hitman1993 wrote: Is anyone else having an odd urge to play Oblivion?

Actually, yes. I went on my PC, bought the full Deluxe edition + DLC off Steam and have been playing a nice Stealth Archer-style character because I heard it was OP.

It totally is, and I love it. You get your Illusion to 100 and you can cast super-long full Chameleon spells that keep you invisible.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-26 03:16:18

It's the typical type of boss fight of teleporting around the room, but when he teleports, you need to find the copy of him you originally attacked. Seems simple, right? Wrong. He has two other clones who both use a shout at the same time that causes you to get shot across the room and paralyzes you. Then they proceed to fire arrows at you as you lie helpless on the ground. There's hardly anywhere to hide from the shout, not to mention. On top of things, you need to fight this guy AGAIN in a harder form. Such a frustrating battle.

Easy way to take care of that teleporting clown:

There are two pedestals, and a ladder gate towards the back. When standing in front of the sarcophagus facing the water/pedestals, the real one will be on the left.

If you have the sanguine rose, summon your daedra on the left pedestal. Snipe the other two phantoms so your daedra doesn't take too much heat.

When he teleports again, he'll be on the right pedestal. Then, when he goes again, he'll be in the back. And it just keeps going counter clockwise.

Rinse, repeat. He's actually quite easy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-26 03:38:48

At 1/25/12 06:03 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote:

I make my money by making weapons, enchanting them, and then selling them off. Kinda amusing you can make an item that sales under 10 gold into something that sales over 600 or so.

Also I just had the most epic battle royal consisting of a Dragon, Centurion master, Giant, some falmer, and a few of those bug reaper things. Bodies all over the place. Shortly before that I had another sweet battle with 2 ancient dragons and a shit load of Forsworn near Sky Haven Temple. Gotta love when dragons come from out of nowhere while you're fighting something and makes the battle more interesting. Even more fun when you have a crazy jester as a partner.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-26 03:45:27

At 1/26/12 03:38 AM, FurryFox wrote:
At 1/25/12 06:03 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote:
I make my money by making weapons, enchanting them, and then selling them off. Kinda amusing you can make an item that sales under 10 gold into something that sales over 600 or so.

Also I just had the most epic battle royal consisting of a Dragon, Centurion master, Giant, some falmer, and a few of those bug reaper things. Bodies all over the place. Shortly before that I had another sweet battle with 2 ancient dragons and a shit load of Forsworn near Sky Haven Temple. Gotta love when dragons come from out of nowhere while you're fighting something and makes the battle more interesting. Even more fun when you have a crazy jester as a partner.

I assume you're speaking of Cicero? Yeah, I killed that clown when I had the chance. He was aggravating during the questline, and I got sick of his bullshit very quickly. Eola or Aela are my followers of choice.

Also, kudos on the body pileup. I get in fixes like that quite often as well, but I run out of potions quickly at points. Ring of Namira has saved me from instant death many times. The small health regen window from the rings effect is like a regen potion with an extra +100%.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-26 04:05:38

At 1/26/12 03:45 AM, GoldHazard wrote:
I assume you're speaking of Cicero? Yeah, I killed that clown when I had the chance. He was aggravating during the questline, and I got sick of his bullshit very quickly.

He's actually fun to travel with and I'm keeping him around until I go for master criminal achievement because nothing is more nightmare inducing when you dress up like Cicero and go on a murder rampage with the crazy clown.
Eola or Aela are my followers of choice.
I actually prefer the Khajit's J'zargo and Khajero or how ever you spell his name. Both are surprising good. Only time I feel like using someone else is when I wanna shout someone off the Throat of the World and seeing how far they travel.

Also, kudos on the body pileup. I get in fixes like that quite often as well, but I run out of potions quickly at points.

I made alchemy a favorite skill for when this thing happens. Think I'm carrying about 60 pots of just healing now.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-26 04:14:27

At 1/26/12 04:05 AM, FurryFox wrote:
At 1/26/12 03:45 AM, GoldHazard wrote:
I assume you're speaking of Cicero? Yeah, I killed that clown when I had the chance. He was aggravating during the questline, and I got sick of his bullshit very quickly.
He's actually fun to travel with and I'm keeping him around until I go for master criminal achievement because nothing is more nightmare inducing when you dress up like Cicero and go on a murder rampage with the crazy clown.

It sounds entertaining. Unfortunately my temper got the best of me. I kept repeating "Shut up, shut up....OMFG!!!" *cuts throat*

I actually prefer the Khajit's J'zargo and Khajero or how ever you spell his name. Both are surprising good. Only time I feel like using someone else is when I wanna shout someone off the Throat of the World and seeing how far they travel.

-.- J'zargo was one of my Dark Brotherhood aftermath targets. Can't believe he was a follower.

I made alchemy a favorite skill for when this thing happens. Think I'm carrying about 60 pots of just healing now.

I'm carrying a ton of weight in potions, but most of that is poisons/stamina potions.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-26 04:24:02

At 1/26/12 04:14 AM, GoldHazard wrote: I'm carrying a ton of weight in potions, but most of that is poisons/stamina potions.

I never bother carrying any of those. Poisons don't suit my style of fighting. I mainly use magic especially Chain Lightning. It's fun rounding up a group of bandits, blasting one and seeing all of them fly in every direction. Regarding stamina pots my stamina never seems to run low for me. I'm either on a horse or blasting enemies from a distance. By the time they reach me I just switch to dual wielding daedric swords and slaughter them. Helps having my Armsman perk jacked up.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-26 04:29:24

At 1/26/12 04:24 AM, FurryFox wrote:
At 1/26/12 04:14 AM, GoldHazard wrote: I'm carrying a ton of weight in potions, but most of that is poisons/stamina potions.
I never bother carrying any of those. Poisons don't suit my style of fighting. I mainly use magic especially Chain Lightning. It's fun rounding up a group of bandits, blasting one and seeing all of them fly in every direction. Regarding stamina pots my stamina never seems to run low for me. I'm either on a horse or blasting enemies from a distance. By the time they reach me I just switch to dual wielding daedric swords and slaughter them. Helps having my Armsman perk jacked up.

Yeah I've taken the rogue/thief attempt. One Handed/Archery/Sneak/Lockpick jacked up to max, + tons of perks. Just hit level 50 not two minutes ago.

Full nightingale+bow at legendary, plus dual wielding dawnbreaker+Dragonsbane (Legendary). Two swords with great built in effects. Dawnbreaker makes even the highest level deathlord as weak as a goat, and dragonsbane does great with lightning damage (As well as a ton of extra damage to dragons. Makes ancients a breeze, so long as they don't 1 hit me).

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-26 04:40:43

At 1/26/12 04:29 AM, GoldHazard wrote:
Yeah I've taken the rogue/thief attempt. One Handed/Archery/Sneak/Lockpick jacked up to max, + tons of perks. Just hit level 50 not two minutes ago.

Sneak gets too over powered for me at high levels. I could snipe a guy and let him walk right up to me and he won't see me. Then he dies seconds later takes to my sweet ass Ebony Mail.

Dawnbreaker makes even the highest level deathlord as weak as a goat.

I actually haven't gone for the Dawnbreaker yet. Don't know why. Now that I know it pretty much rapes Draugr's I'm rushing to Meridia's temple. Was getting tired of fighting death overloads with ebony bows and arrows killing me in one shot. I have a feeling soon they'll get daedric bows and arrows and really fuck me up.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-26 04:45:33

At 1/26/12 04:40 AM, FurryFox wrote:
At 1/26/12 04:29 AM, GoldHazard wrote:

I actually haven't gone for the Dawnbreaker yet. Don't know why. Now that I know it pretty much rapes Draugr's I'm rushing to Meridia's temple. Was getting tired of fighting death overloads with ebony bows and arrows killing me in one shot. I have a feeling soon they'll get daedric bows and arrows and really fuck me up.

What Dawnbreaker does:

Causes 10 points of fire damage to enemies. If fighting undead, has an 80 to 90% chance of causing a massive firey explosion, causing 75-150 fire damage to all nearby undead, and forcing them to flee.

Makes it REALLY easy to kill an entire cluster of them in an instant. If you haven't been to labyrinthian yet, this sword helps a ton.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-28 01:52:40

I've been playing Skyrim for days and I've finished the main quest line and I have to say the game is absolutely AMAZING.

The world is so immersive and beautiful and stunning and the storyline is so enthralling. The storyline is better than anything Bethesda has ever done and its far better than Fallout: New Vegas which had an absolutely awful storyline. The civil war felt so much more real and immersive in Skyrim whereas F:NV's story and immersion was horrible and the game was hardly challenging at all.

Skyrim however knows how to give the player a challenge, give an enthralling and superb story and it has some of the most memorable and realistic characters I've seen in gaming since ever! I actually felt like I was in a real thriving bustling city!

And I just love the quests in Skyrim, in games such as Fallout: New Vegas the quests are just dull, boring fetch quests and you hardly do interesting shit at all and you end up stronger than anything really fast. Skyrim had surprises in every corner though and it had so much depth to it. The game has passion and soul which most games hardly achieve these days.

God bless Skyrim.

BBS Signature