00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dumbuhgly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

369,996 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 17:52:09

Nice glitch (don't know if it has already been discovered or not): try equipping the Morokei Mask and the Archmage's Robes at the same time, and see what happens.

New tune: Yag

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 17:55:26

At 1/15/12 05:52 PM, Syztm wrote: Nice glitch (don't know if it has already been discovered or not): try equipping the Morokei Mask and the Archmage's Robes at the same time, and see what happens.

It kinda makes you look like Anubis from Stargate SG1.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 17:57:54

At 1/15/12 05:26 PM, animehater wrote: New Vegas was a glitchy, boring, piece of shit game

FO1 > NV = FO2 > FO3

all of them are at least good

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 18:02:37

At 1/15/12 05:40 PM, animehater wrote: No I couldn't have. New vegas wasn't some game that can be handed in for money or store credit, it was a fucking demon that needed to be destroyed.

~
And then animehater learned that people have different tastes and opinions; and that his own shouldn't drive him into irrationality.
~

Or not.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 18:35:40

At 1/15/12 05:52 PM, Syztm wrote: Nice glitch (don't know if it has already been discovered or not): try equipping the Morokei Mask and the Archmage's Robes at the same time, and see what happens.

Is it the face disappearing? Because that's exactly what has happened to me while wearing both of them. Although, sometimes it reappears after a loading screen. I kind of like that glitch though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 20:58:22

At 1/15/12 06:02 PM, kmau wrote: And then animehater learned that people have different tastes and opinions; and that his own shouldn't drive him into irrationality.
Or not.

Destroying the disk out of anger is a completely normal and rational thing to do and not in any way crazy or going overboard. Right guys?

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 21:32:01

Destroying the disk out of anger is a completely normal and rational thing to do and not in any way crazy or going overboard. Right guys?

I coudln't broke a disc , I just rent them at the Video Club lol .... I can't afford that...

-

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 22:20:09

At 1/15/12 10:11 PM, Tramps wrote: Now that someone's mentioned New Vegas, and even though it's early days, is it not possible that we get our own Elder Scrolls: New Skyrim from an outside company that wants to rework the game?

You clearly know my opinion.

Question: Has anyone played Rage? If so, is it really as bad as I've heard people make it out to be? If it is and comparing that to New Vegas maybe this is some kind of trend by Bethesda to publish games made by a less than stellar quality third party. And if that's the case, maybe nobody else should touch the elder scrolls games.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 22:36:52

At 1/15/12 05:40 PM, animehater wrote:
At 1/15/12 05:30 PM, kmau wrote: Hahaha you could've sold it at Gamestop.
No I couldn't have. New vegas wasn't some game that can be handed in for money or store credit, it was a fucking demon that needed to be destroyed.

Not all was lost though, after that dissapointment I went looking for another RPG to play to get my fix, I eventually ran into Oblivion, and that's when I fell in love with the Elder Scrolls. Kind of sad though how I had more fun from a game released in 2006 than I ever did with Fallout New Vegas, which was released in 2010.

You liked Oblivion over Fallout: New Vegas?

I would understand if you liked Skyrim more than New Vegas but come on...there is so much wrong with Oblivion compared to FN:V

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 23:20:23

At 1/15/12 10:36 PM, Halberd wrote: I would understand if you liked Skyrim more than New Vegas but come on...there is so much wrong with Oblivion compared to FN:V

The truth must be said, New vegas was a chore to play while once I got the hang of Oblivion I had a great time despite the game's flaws.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-16 11:08:27

hmm.. fallout 4 will have skyrim engine :O (probably)
skyrim>oblivion>fallout 3>fallout new vegas

I started playing Skyrim recently, have 12 hours in it so far, just exploring. It's fun! Lots to do. I am level 11 and have been levelling up my combat skills mostly and also restoration but might start levelling up enchanting and smithing soon..

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-16 12:00:14

I finally cleared the main quest and I felt it went better than the main story for Oblivion. Afterwards I just cleared quests at random but I am aiming to get the achievements for the Deadric artefacts, getting 20 shouts and having 1000 bounty for all nine regions. I should have earned the trophies for joining Stormcloaks and the one for joining Companions but never got them for some reason. Ah well, I can always do a quick trip to both places next time. This to me feels like an easy Platinum trophy which is why I thought I may as well go for it. I've had a lot of fun with Skyrim but I feel it's time to give other games a try.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-16 13:58:47

At 1/16/12 11:08 AM, SPLINTERCELL58 wrote: hmm.. fallout 4 will have skyrim engine :O (probably)

Don't all Fallout/Elder Scrolls games use the Gamebryo engine?

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-16 14:16:48

U just got Skyrim from my older brother! Let's see if this game lives up to the hype

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-16 15:04:01

At 1/16/12 01:58 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 1/16/12 11:08 AM, SPLINTERCELL58 wrote: hmm.. fallout 4 will have skyrim engine :O (probably)
Don't all Fallout/Elder Scrolls games use the Gamebryo engine?

They just renamed it because they didn't want to pay for the GameBryo license anymore. There are no traces of copyrighted GameBryo code in Skyrim's engine anymore, but most of the engine is the same. Not really rewritten from scratch or anything of the like, and it's not much better than Oblivion's.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-16 15:24:23

Oh wow.... I was doing the quest where you have to capture Odahviing in the trap. So yeah I capture him blah blah blah get to the part where you free him.... BUG! He starts attacking again and there's nothing I can do to stop him. Even when his health was depleted I wasn't able to do anything. At first I though the fucker tricked me so now I have to give him a serious beating again before he would fly me. but nope a bug. So I reloaded and it worked the 2nd time.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-18 04:49:30

Wondering if anyone knows about this, there is a quest which starts in Solitude called "Lights Out". If you have done that quest good, because then I shouldn't have to explain myself further.

It is just that during my first play through I did this quest, and now when I'm re-playing it again I choose not. But then I got a miscellaneous quest from the executioner in Solitude where I was supposed to go kill a bandit leader that had escaped. Then I obviously noticed that the hide-out was the same as the last place you go to in "Lights out", and then I saw that they where the same guys as from the "Lights out" quest. With the exception of one guy, which was the guy that gives you the "Lights out" quest because he's still in Solitude.

So what I'm wondering if I choose do the quest again but now in this order, how will it all play out?

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-18 10:22:09

At 1/18/12 04:49 AM, Mismo wrote: So what I'm wondering if I choose do the quest again but now in this order, how will it all play out?

Being bandits I would assume they all respawn except for the guy with the bounty on his head. If not then it should be mighty easy to go through that area a second time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-18 10:22:52

At 1/18/12 04:49 AM, Mismo wrote:
So what I'm wondering if I choose do the quest again but now in this order, how will it all play out?

You'll probably get the option to say ''I already killed the guy'' or something along those lines, and then you won't have to do that quest (and you'll probably get a little gold).
That, or he won't give the quest at all.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-18 10:37:05

At 1/18/12 10:22 AM, Syztm wrote: You'll probably get the option to say ''I already killed the guy'' or something along those lines, and then you won't have to do that quest (and you'll probably get a little gold).
That, or he won't give the quest at all.

From what I understand the guy he wants to kill only has the smallest of parts in that quest. Which is probably why it would be possible to do one before the other.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-18 17:03:36

At 1/18/12 10:37 AM, animehater wrote:
From what I understand the guy he wants to kill only has the smallest of parts in that quest. Which is probably why it would be possible to do one before the other.

Ah, you're right. Kinda read the post wrong :3
Also, just found out that Paarthurnax is voiced by Super Mario's voice actor. That's pretty awesome :P

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-18 18:18:39

If you take the time to listen carefully (or are a huge fucking nerd and learned the dragon language) You'll notice the music in Sovngarde is the same lyrics as Dovahkiin.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-18 18:57:00

At 1/18/12 06:18 PM, SolidToad wrote: If you take the time to listen carefully (or are a huge fucking nerd and learned the dragon language) You'll notice the music in Sovngarde is the same lyrics as Dovahkiin.

First off, the song's name is "Song of the Dragonborn."
Secondly, that song plays every time you fight a dragon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-18 20:43:37

I can't help but feel that magic was nerfed as hell in this game.
No Chameleon spells, less things to conjure, (I miss my Spider Daedras.) no ridiculously overpowered custom-spells, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-18 20:47:42

At 1/18/12 08:43 PM, POTaTOS wrote: I can't help but feel that magic was nerfed as hell in this game.
No Chameleon spells, less things to conjure, (I miss my Spider Daedras.) no ridiculously overpowered custom-spells, etc.

This is the Nordy game. All magic is deemed gay with the only exception being shouting in dragon slurs.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-18 21:26:00

At 1/18/12 08:43 PM, POTaTOS wrote: I can't help but feel that magic was nerfed as hell in this game.

Morrowind had levitation.... jump spells.... acrobatics.... atheletics.... etc.

You could kill any npc you wanted at any time.

Oblivion scrapped flying and jumping, took out acrobatics...
beefed up combat....

Skyrim took our nighteye, chameleon, and a handful of others.... fewer summons.... made enchanting really annoying/lame. Added a comprehensice leveling system with perks etc.
Combat is really good.

The next game will probably have no spells at all. You can't enchant anything... and the combat will be fucking amazing, and every time you level up, you get fireworks and a birthday cake.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-18 21:47:19

what is this shit

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-18 23:59:51

At 1/18/12 09:26 PM, RobJohnson wrote: Oblivion scrapped flying and jumping, took out acrobatics...
beefed up combat....

I clearly remember jumping and leveling my acrobatics in oblivion

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-19 00:26:22

At 1/18/12 11:59 PM, SineRider wrote:
At 1/18/12 09:26 PM, RobJohnson wrote: Oblivion scrapped flying and jumping, took out acrobatics...
beefed up combat....

well... balls.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-19 01:56:45

At 1/18/12 11:59 PM, SineRider wrote:
beefed up combat....

There's also still nighteye in Skyrim, it's just a lesser ability in Skyrim.