00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

XxarachnidfelinexX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitarists

632,004 Views | 13,330 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-09 17:06:38

At 8/9/08 03:24 PM, Nev wrote: You don't know what Electronic music is do you?

Please tell me that you read the rest of my post and at least get a small hint that it was a joke.

I was poking fun at their terrible keyboardist that drops an electronic beat after every guitar solo.

Extreme Power Metal

Is that really what COB is? I thought it was garbage.

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-09 17:16:17

At 8/9/08 05:06 PM, PolishMatt wrote: I was poking fun at their terrible keyboardist that drops an electronic beat after every guitar solo.

I don't see how their keyboard is crap.
And a lot of my friends have bummed CoB in the past... and I was briefly in a band in which we played Bodom covers, and I'm pretty sure they don't.

Is that really what COB is? I thought it was garbage.

There is little different between EPM and "garbage".

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-09 17:46:45

At 8/9/08 03:54 PM, Nev wrote:
In a professional sense? Or the childish 'I'M NOT PLAYING WITH YOU YOU'RE NOT MY FRIEND ANYMOOOOREE!;

In a professional sense... :(.

Me, my cousin (bass) and a fat arab (drums) have been playing together on and off for over a year, we know how the others work a bit more. We've just met the keyboardist, and he's not that good. Hopefully he'll catch up and join the band some day.

So I guess in a professional sense?

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-09 18:01:57

At 8/9/08 05:16 PM, Nev wrote: I don't see how their keyboard is crap.

I think they're over rated.

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-09 18:57:49

At 8/9/08 06:01 PM, PolishMatt wrote: I think they're over rated.

They are. Extremely.
But it doesn't mean their talentless.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-09 19:13:25

At 8/9/08 06:57 PM, Nev wrote:
At 8/9/08 06:01 PM, PolishMatt wrote: I think they're over rated.
They are. Extremely.
But it doesn't mean their talentless.

It actually 'sort of' does.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-09 19:25:35

At 8/9/08 07:13 PM, PolishMatt wrote: It actually 'sort of' does.

Why does it, 'sort of'?
Surely it can't be because they can't write decent music... seeing as their fanbase is huge.
So they're doing something right.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-09 20:25:17

At 8/9/08 07:25 PM, Nev wrote:
At 8/9/08 07:13 PM, PolishMatt wrote: It actually 'sort of' does.
Why does it, 'sort of'?
Surely it can't be because they can't write decent music... seeing as their fanbase is huge.
So they're doing something right.

You could say the same for every rapper having a large fanbase, and they are definitely not doing something right. Do they even write the beats on the drum machines at the studio? And fine, I will give COB a "Pass", but they could do better without the keyboard man (IMO), it's just too CHEESY.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-09 20:33:26

At 8/9/08 08:25 PM, PolishMatt wrote: You could say the same for every rapper having a large fanbase, and they are definitely not doing something right.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its shit.
Its doing something to some people.

Do they even write the beats on the drum machines at the studio?

I doubt the big names do, but all the underground rappers will I imagine.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-09 23:22:53

At 8/9/08 08:25 PM, PolishMatt wrote: You could say the same for every rapper having a large fanbase, and they are definitely not doing something right. Do they even write the beats on the drum machines at the studio? And fine, I will give COB a "Pass", but they could do better without the keyboard man (IMO), it's just too CHEESY.

Fuck me. For a metalhead, you sure like to whinge.

Then again, Yngwie Malmsteen is also known for being a bit of a prima donna ;D

Just letting you know, you're probably that guy in your group of friends whom everyone ignores/rolls their eyes at when he starts ranting on about something. Seriously, don't be that guy. Because that guy is a dick.

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-09 23:49:33

At 8/9/08 11:22 PM, jarrydn wrote: Just letting you know, you're probably that guy in your group of friends whom everyone ignores/rolls their eyes at when he starts ranting on about something.

I have honestly never done that, I stick to only being with a few people, most of which I knew since the beginning of time and share similar tastes, opinions and interests with. Most of my 'friends' don't listen to Metal and are more of blues and rock players so we never touch upon the topic of music which generally starts the most fights. Okay, end of argument/discussion/whatever it is.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-10 04:25:42

At 8/9/08 11:22 PM, jarrydn wrote

Just letting you know, you're probably that guy in your group of friends whom everyone ignores/rolls their eyes at when he starts ranting on about something. Seriously, don't be that guy. Because that guy is a dick.

You sir, Are my hero

I might be getting

Line6 Toneport UX2
an amp somehwere in the too fucking expensive range.. LOL

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-10 04:32:36

At 8/9/08 11:49 PM, PolishMatt wrote: Okay, end of argument/discussion/whatever it is.

Superb!

At 8/10/08 04:25 AM, mynameisDavid wrote: I might be getting

Line6 Toneport UX2
an amp somehwere in the too fucking expensive range.. LOL

Good choice. It will serve you well.

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-10 06:59:34

Hey guys getting a KH202 (Kirk Hammett Guitar) and a Line 6 Spider III 75.

My question is, will Sam Ash or Guitar Center let me custom build the guitar, as in they keep the guitars original knobs and pickups but I put on my own?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-10 09:20:54

At 8/10/08 06:59 AM, Homosecksual wrote: My question is, will Sam Ash or Guitar Center let me custom build the guitar, as in they keep the guitars original knobs and pickups but I put on my own?

It wouldn't hurt to ask them, but I don't think they will.

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-10 09:24:01

At 8/10/08 06:59 AM, Homosecksual wrote: My question is, will Sam Ash or Guitar Center let me custom build the guitar, as in they keep the guitars original knobs and pickups but I put on my own?

You could get them to do it, or you could do it yourself with parts you purchased seperately, but I guarentee if you do it you will invalidate any warranty on the guitar.

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-11 06:08:12

I've been looking into getting this, just to play around with, i never understood what the head on top of it was for, but im guessing its for your huge ass amps to adjust tone/whatever else and to basically plug in to it.

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-11 08:10:21

At 8/10/08 06:59 AM, Homosecksual wrote: Hey guys getting a KH202 (Kirk Hammett Guitar) and a Line 6 Spider III 75.

My question is, will Sam Ash or Guitar Center let me custom build the guitar, as in they keep the guitars original knobs and pickups but I put on my own?

I sent you a PM about the Line 6 It will save you money lol

I don't think they do that

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-11 08:22:03

I've just spent the last 3 days defending BC Rich from guitarists whose prowess dwarf mine.

I feel stupid and dirty.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-11 08:31:07

At 8/11/08 08:22 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: I feel stupid and dirty.

That's probably because in this case you were. But don't worry, we'll still love you.

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-11 08:39:27

At 8/11/08 08:31 AM, positively-negative wrote:
At 8/11/08 08:22 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: I feel stupid and dirty.
That's probably because in this case you were. But don't worry, we'll still love you.

It went something like this:

Other guys: *take cheap shot at BC Rich*
Me: HEY U GUIS! DUN TAK ABOOT BC RICH LIEK DAT, DEY R A LOT BETTUR DAN EPIFOUN OR WESTFEELD.
Other guys: WTF U SAID!?!? BC RICH LOOK CUL, YEAH, BUT DEY SUXXORS. AND DERE NECKS R ALL FUKCED UP AND DEY ALWYS GO OUT OF TUNE!
Me: NO U
Other guys: NO U
Me: *reasonable argument why BC Rich guitars are a good choice for a beginner guitarist with a very small budget and how you could do a lot worse*
Other guys: *reasonable counter-argument why there are better quality guitars in the same price-range, and how BC Rich has very little besides looks*
Me: *recognises defeat, walks off in a huff*

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-11 13:21:26

I've been looking everywhere for the tab to The House Of The Rising Sun by Frigid Pink but i cant find it anywhere can someone help.

My sig is smaller than yours, DOES THAT MAKE ME ANY LESS OF A MAN!

YOU DUN GOOFED!

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-11 17:50:18

At 8/11/08 08:39 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Other guys: *reasonable counter-argument BC Rich has very little besides looks*

BC Rich has looks?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-11 18:25:26

Well, im shit on guitar but im getting lessons and i am making a Solo project on guitar, it is ambient and the link to the myspace is in my sig.

Guitar] Squier, Bullet Strat. Black and White.
Band ] Enter Shikari, Pantera, No Use For a Name. I have a few.
Time ] I had lessons years ago but i then stopped. So about 3 or 4 months? Lol.

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-11 18:38:31

At 8/11/08 06:25 PM, Oseus wrote: Well, im shit on guitar but im getting lessons and i am making a Solo project on guitar, it is ambient and the link to the myspace is in my sig.

I'm waiting for a keyboard so I can make an ambient project on guitar and record stuff :).

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-11 21:02:35

I beat you to it :P

Ambient guitar ftw.

-Ambrose Bierce

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-11 21:10:59

I come to you guys asking for good honest non fanboy based opinions on which of these i should save up for:

WRXT

or

WRMG

Duncans or EMG's?

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-11 21:27:44

At 8/11/08 09:02 PM, ChocloMan wrote: I beat you to it :P

Ambient guitar ftw.

I r downloading!

At 8/11/08 09:10 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: I come to you guys asking for good honest non fanboy based opinions on which of these i should save up for:
Duncans or EMG's?

I'd go for Duncan's.
I dislike the sound EMG's give off and I just see them to be nothing more than a generic Metal pickup.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-11 21:35:43

At 8/11/08 09:10 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
Duncans or EMG's?

Okay, I'll get this out of the way first, both guitars are fugly and I wouldn't be seen dead playing one.

Now on to my critique.

Both are pretty much the same guitar only $750 more expensive. The specs are pretty much the same apart from the pickups. The Duncans in the WRXT aren't real Duncans though, they are Duncan Designed (ie cheapies that many brands use for the Duncan name.)

The WRMG though has real EMGs, but I cannot for the life of me justify the extra $750 cost when I have found them for sale in Australia for $200 each ($400 all up) here. And even if you paid full retail you would still save around $250 and you might get them cheaper if you shop around.

Then it gives you more choice in pick-ups if you wanted DiMarzio X2Ns or SD Blackouts (all around the same price and as good if not better metal pick-ups) instead of EMGs.

Thus I say go with the WRXT and do a pick-up transfusion. (And you have more colour options than just boring old black.)

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-11 21:40:21

I'd also choose the Duncans, for the same reasons Nev said.

-Ambrose Bierce

BBS Signature