00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ChanningDC just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitarists

634,311 Views | 13,330 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-28 18:45:05

At 12/27/06 02:39 PM, ChocloMan wrote: I made this sloppy bass riff that I liked on my acoustic, and I thought: "Hmmm, maybe I could get the guys at the guitarists club to make this a whole song." So I'm asking you ¿Would you like to?
I'd need a rythm guitar, a lead guitar and maybe drums (which can be recorded or made in some program). Whaddaya say?
this is the sloppy version, if you like it, I'll record a tighter version and post it.

http://media.putfile.com/Sloppy-bass-thang

If I am on my P.C. much in the next week I will be very willing to help. I've got bass, electric guitar, classical guitar, acoustic guitar, synth, lots of percussion instrumments from other countires. Which could be used for different sounds.

That Bass riff sounds really cool, it sounds really familier, I think it might be like something by Regina Spektor.

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-28 22:24:22

Shit guys, I just realized the bass riff is set to the same chords the old spiderman theme has.
:( I feel dirty now. And a thief.

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-29 01:32:26

I have just realized that I need a better amp for my guitar, any suggestions as I am not very knowledgeable on amps

Did you just put your balls on my sandwich?

Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-29 06:20:19

At 12/29/06 01:32 AM, Lost-Thought wrote: I have just realized that I need a better amp for my guitar, any suggestions as I am not very knowledgeable on amps

It depends. What do you need in an amp. Eg what do you play? what price are you willing to spend? And most importantly yet most often forgotten, how practical is the size and stuff for you?

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-29 10:30:12

At 12/28/06 10:24 PM, ChocloMan wrote: Shit guys, I just realized the bass riff is set to the same chords the old spiderman theme has.
( I feel dirty now. And a thief.

You shouldn't feel dirty, everyone steels music, even the best of them, tones of Led Zeppelin's stuff is nicked from other people and tunes. They were probably the biggest musical pirates of them all but yet everyone still respects them. Often when you write a riff and it just happens to be the same as one written before because the chances are if something sounds good it has been done before. Steal stuff from bands no one has herd of them you won't get caught doing it.

I got my takamine acoustic, which is was ment to get for christmas, it's really good. I think someone from here recomended takamine so thanks for that.

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-29 11:44:55

At 12/28/06 10:24 PM, ChocloMan wrote: Shit guys, I just realized the bass riff is set to the same chords the old spiderman theme has.
( I feel dirty now. And a thief.

Hey shit man. I didnt mean batman at all. I meant spiderman. Of course.

WATCH OUT HERE COMES THE SPIDERMAN!

Also, does that throw the song making idea down the shitter? Because I wouldnt want it to. I wanna hear you guys make shit. Even if you have to make a dif bass riff or keep that one. GO FORTH AND MAKE YOU LAZY BASTARDS!

A

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-29 11:54:01

At 12/28/06 12:34 PM, Nev wrote:
At 12/28/06 10:58 AM, Seasons wrote: Ahem.. you just offended me like you have no idea.
I'm sorry then :(.

And I can't watch those Youtube links... well I can, but on dialup it takes far too long to load, so I can't be arsed watching them.
If you recommend some songs in a neatly formed list I shall get them by other means not allowed to be discussed on NG :P.

Well in that case, try learning 'Old man' and 'Needle and the damage done' by Neil Young.

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-29 12:40:57

At 12/29/06 10:30 AM, Arcarsenal wrote: I got my takamine acoustic, which is was ment to get for christmas, it's really good. I think someone from here recomended takamine so thanks for that.

I was one of them. I think there were 2 or 3 more.

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-29 13:19:35

Okay. I don't think I will ever lookat a V shaped guitar with a straight face again. Channel flicking on the TV I ran into an episode of Knight Rider, with David Hasselhoff playing a Flying V type thing in a concert.

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-29 14:43:33

I got my Les Paul! It's even more than I expected, it's a 1960's model Les Paul custom, Gibson. You should hear the sound of the thing, it's a beauty. I dinged the headstock a couple days a ago, it's just a minor scratch but still, that sucks when it's a guitar that nice... I did a few Floyd recordings on it, and it sounds sweet. I might be able to find the iTunes file for you guys.

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-29 17:10:20

At 12/29/06 11:44 AM, Worthless-Wisdom wrote:
Also, does that throw the song making idea down the shitter? Because I wouldnt want it to. I wanna hear you guys make shit.

Yeah, me too, it was a bummer to find out that it was the spiderman thing, though. I still want to make something with you guitar-people.

Even if you have to make a dif bass riff or keep that one.

I'll have to come up with something different. OR make a spiderman theme cover :P

-Ambrose Bierce

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-29 17:21:46

At 12/29/06 01:32 AM, Lost-Thought wrote: I have just realized that I need a better amp for my guitar, any suggestions as I am not very knowledgeable on amps

Watching you're a part of two metal clubs and having metallica and BLS as your favorite bands, I (correct me if I'm wrong, just guessing) think you like metal, and play metal. I'd suggest an amp with shitloads of distorion, but with decent cleans not to limit the music you'll play.

now, I'm no amp expert either, but I think you want to get a modelling amp, like Vox's VT series or Line6's spiders.
Or you could go nuts and get a Marshall or something, if you have the cash.

-Ambrose Bierce

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-29 17:45:45

At 12/29/06 05:21 PM, ChocloMan wrote: now, I'm no amp expert either, but I think you want to get a modelling amp, like Vox's VT series or Line6's spiders.
Or you could go nuts and get a Marshall or something, if you have the cash.

Haha, 'I'm not amp expert'... clearly :P.
If you're right about the Metal thang though Choclo... I recommend a Randall. Lovely Metal amps. My baby doesn't disappoint :). Distortion is nice and tight, clean and crunchy... and heavy. And the cleans are good.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-29 19:36:13

At 12/29/06 02:43 PM, Dre-Man wrote: I got my Les Paul! It's even more than I expected, it's a 1960's model Les Paul custom, Gibson. You should hear the sound of the thing, it's a beauty. I dinged the headstock a couple days a ago, it's just a minor scratch but still, that sucks when it's a guitar that nice... I did a few Floyd recordings on it, and it sounds sweet. I might be able to find the iTunes file for you guys.

I'm very jealous of you, it sounds better then my Les Paul (no disrespect to it, I still think my les paul is amazing). A scratch could add to the vintage 1960's look so don't be disapointed about that.

I don't know that much about amps which are good for playing metal, but I have a marshall amp and I would really recomend them. They are best for playing distorted rock, although they are quite expensive.

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-29 19:59:48

At 12/29/06 07:36 PM, Arcarsenal wrote: I don't know that much about amps which are good for playing metal, but I have a marshall amp and I would really recomend them.

No! Seriously... No! Bad! No!

Marshall + Metal = Disappointment.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-29 20:09:04

At 12/29/06 07:59 PM, Nev wrote:
At 12/29/06 07:36 PM, Arcarsenal wrote: I don't know that much about amps which are good for playing metal, but I have a marshall amp and I would really recomend them.
No! Seriously... No! Bad! No!

Marshall + Metal = Disappointment.

Sorry I didn't mean the marshall amp for playing metal. I ment that I would recomend marshall as an amps, and especaially for distorted rock, but not for metal. Then that I didn't know which amps are good for playing metal.

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-30 01:00:31

At 12/29/06 05:45 PM, Nev wrote:
Haha, 'I'm not amp expert'... clearly :P.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? :O.

If you're right about the Metal thang though Choclo... I recommend a Randall. Lovely Metal amps. My baby doesn't disappoint :). Distortion is nice and tight, clean and crunchy... and heavy. And the cleans are good.

Ahh yes, Randalls are good, Michael Angelo Batio uses those, and he is made out of metal.

-Ambrose Bierce

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-30 10:34:41

At 12/30/06 01:00 AM, ChocloMan wrote: What the hell is that supposed to mean? :O.

Well you mentioned Marshall :P. Awful, awful amps.
I think they're extremely overrated shit (sorry Tim).

Ahh yes, Randalls are good, Michael Angelo Batio uses those, and he is made out of metal.

And Dimebag. Better yet, he used Solid State Randalls.... like mine :D... w00t.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-30 11:03:33

Think an epiphone les paul is worth getting?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-30 11:05:42

At 12/30/06 11:03 AM, Seasons wrote: Think an epiphone les paul is worth getting?

If its a Custom, if not... no.
The Standards are a bit bland. The Customs are really good though.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-30 12:31:57

At 12/30/06 11:05 AM, Nev wrote:
At 12/30/06 11:03 AM, Seasons wrote: Think an epiphone les paul is worth getting?
If its a Custom, if not... no.
The Standards are a bit bland. The Customs are really good though.

I might just save up for the gibson, but i'll look into prices for customs.

Or i might just fuck it all together and get a fender strat.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-30 14:42:40

At 12/30/06 12:31 PM, Seasons wrote: Or i might just fuck it all together and get a fender strat.

Are you really willing to take on that. Strats are shits of guitars. You can't just pick it up, tune it and play. I know a guy who takes at least 25 minutes to warm up his Strat properly. I mean no other guitar can quite get the same tone variaty as a Strat but as a practical daily user it promises more than it actually delivers and is only worth as much as the Fender Stratocaster name on the headstock.

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-30 16:46:16

Ocasionally, we come across incorect guitar tabs. And yes, I know how to read music. Anyway, When I was searching for a tab for Iced Earth "Stormrider", I came across two versions that did not have the same part when the second guitar came in during the intro. I've listened to the song thousands of times. Enough to know the lyrics"As I travel though the astral plains.... I think the Ultimate guitar version is the correct one. I woul like to know what others think is the correct version of Stormrider. Listen to the song ,you will see the difference.

Ultimate guitar: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/i/iced_ea rth/stormrider_tab.htm

Xguitar: http://www.xguitar.com/guitar-tabs/iced_earth /night_of_the_stormrider/stormrider.txt

My introduction to Thrash metal:)

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-30 18:00:25

Does anyone know where to find the seven nation army riff for an acoustic, ive tried a ton of sites and all i get is a lot of random bullshit.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-30 19:32:22

At 12/30/06 06:00 PM, LethalDosage wrote: Does anyone know where to find the seven nation army riff for an acoustic, ive tried a ton of sites and all i get is a lot of random bullshit.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?s=s even+nation+army&w=songs

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-30 19:33:56

At 12/30/06 06:00 PM, LethalDosage wrote: Does anyone know where to find the seven nation army riff for an acoustic, ive tried a ton of sites and all i get is a lot of random bullshit.

It will be the same for electric or acoustic. it really dosn't matter. Just take the electric guitar version and turn it into acoustic. Trust me, it's easy once you get the hang of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-30 21:45:48

At 12/30/06 02:42 PM, positively-negative wrote:

:Strats are shits of guitars.

Yeah, i was expecting at least one person to bash it.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-30 21:52:00

At 12/30/06 09:45 PM, Seasons wrote:
At 12/30/06 02:42 PM, positively-negative wrote: Strats are shits of guitars.

You could always get a Paul Reed Smith. The SE models retail at £500 I believe.
Good guitars too.
Opeth use them... thus they own considerably :).

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-31 00:14:52

I just got a brand new Fender Stratocaster for christmas, along with a pretty good amp.

I havent posted in a while :S

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-12-31 05:30:54

At 12/30/06 09:52 PM, Nev wrote:
At 12/30/06 09:45 PM, Seasons wrote:
At 12/30/06 02:42 PM, positively-negative wrote: Strats are shits of guitars.
You could always get a Paul Reed Smith. The SE models retail at £500 I believe.
Good guitars too.

Meh. PRS' give me a bad feeling. They try to hard to be both a Les Paul and a Strat at the same time, yet it seems not to do both that well in my opinion. And the SE models are not really that well built and a full PRS costs, well, lots and lots.

I say go with a Fender Telecaster

But I would say that.