00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MrMeltingPoint just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

128,113 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 02:46:52

At 11/13/10 02:30 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Another is the CZ75, it sounds good in practice but it rapes the damage so it takes about 4-5 shots in the chest to kill one person.

The full auto gun your thinking of is the CZ75, (which I fix'd to make you look smarter :D) and I find it the easiest pistol to use - in fact, it's better than most guns I've used so far. I just put the Iron Sight attachment on there, I never saw the difference between the regular & 'upgraded' but, I do just fine so who gives?

What guns do you guys think are hard to master?

Following up with my other posts about them, I'll say every Sniper Rifle. They are inaccurate, there are no good maps for them, an MP5K can outgun it, at almost any distance, aaand... pretty much all with a POSSIBLE exception to the Dragunov (which is the starter sniper) of them handle pretty bad.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 05:45:12

At 11/13/10 04:58 AM, Jawdyn wrote: So I decided to see if it was my NAT type (Dean asked me a question related to it the other night and it got me thinking). So, I tested my connection to see if it was either Open, Moderate or Strict (the 3 NAT types).

Question. Were you able to find out your NAT type through Black-Ops? Like I said yesterday, I always knew my NAT type from the MW2 menu, but I've not seen it displayed anywhere on the Black-Ops menus.

I've fiddled around with my router quite a bit in the past in order to get the NAT constantly set to open. I ended up putting my Xbox in the DMZ so that internet security and such shouldn't interfere. It worked a charm at first, but now I've seen my NAT type go to strict on occasion.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 06:07:49

At 11/13/10 05:49 AM, Jawdyn wrote: Try the other options, port forwarding and UPnP (assuming you havent)

I think setting the Xbox in the DMZ is the best possible option for opening the NAT type, because it is the least secure, but I don't see how someone could gain access to my console, since Xbox Live is a closed network anyway.

One in the chamber is awesome!

Don't rub it in too much. I've not been able to connect to any wager matches yet. I've really been wanting to play One in the Chamber and Gun Game too. Think I'll try my luck now to see if I can get in a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 08:08:06

At 11/13/10 02:15 AM, SweetenBoy wrote:
This is why I love one in the chamber! one hit one kill just like real life =)

lol okay. Then go out and shoot people in the hand and see how many people dies from one hit.
Real life isn't one hit one kill with all guns.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 08:50:09

Woot. No more quickscoping.

The above post is useless.

''Lost time is never found again.'' - Benjamin Franklin

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 09:22:09

I Think Sniping Hasn't been gimped.... You Just need Skill to Snipe, I have seen Someone Who sniped throughout a full match, and he did Great!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 10:43:35

Can someone show me the option to upload to Youtube in Theater mode? I can't find it at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 10:46:32

At 11/13/10 09:22 AM, kittehg0d wrote: I Think Sniping Hasn't been gimped.... You Just need Skill to Snipe, I have seen Someone Who sniped throughout a full match, and he did Great!

I have used the snipers often enough and I have no issues with them... as long as I'm playing on hard core which is common for me. I tried using them in core when I was playing in a party, but the bolt action sniper doesn't even get one hit kills unless you hit them in the head, which I find stupid. Its understandable with the semi-auto snipers, but with the bolt action, by the time you've bolted to hit them with the second shot they're usually gone.

I'm currently working my way through the single player now. Hoping to get it finished at some point today.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 11:06:18

My friend plays the 360 version Black Ops but his dad bought him the PS3 Prestige Edition by accident. He copied down the Zombie Map Pack code & returned the PS3 Prestiged Edition for a 360 Prestige Edition. Then he gave me the WaW Zombies Map Pack code.

I'm happy. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 11:45:28

Thanks Jawdyn, but it's been working fine so far today.

A lot of the things people have been complaining about here are not an issue for me. The spawns haven't been bad, the RC-XDs haven't been too annoying. One thing I don't like is the emblem editor... everything I make in there looks bad when it comes out... don't understand why.

2 hours, 20 minutes playtime and I still haven't played Jungle.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 13:23:10

At 11/12/10 02:35 AM, 36Holla wrote: I take back what I said before about being iffy on the multiplayer. I really like it now, even more so than MW2. Now that I've gotten some weapons that are usable and I learned the layouts of the maps, things definitely got better. And Nuketown is still my favorite map just because I'm someone who constantly is moving and it's great not having to look for people in a map and fishing out campers everywhere.

Speaking of which, the sheer lack of grenade launchers and camping in this game puts it close to COD4s multiplayer for quality. Spawns still need work though.

On top of this the way I see it, every weapon but sub machine guns take skill to use. You can even out manoeuvre people. If SMG's were removed this would top Vegas 2, coming close to Vegas 1 in my eyes.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 13:30:20

At 11/11/10 08:21 PM, 36Holla wrote: The multiplayer is really love/hate for me. I've been having fun on the smaller maps while the larger maps are aggravating. Nuketown is already my favorite one, and I think at one point I had played it 5 times in a row which was fun, but also tiring and repetitive. Anyways, if anyone on Xbox Live wants to play, message me on there. GT is Triple 6 Holla.

At 11/11/10 05:08 PM, HeavyMetalGuy wrote:
At 11/11/10 04:44 PM, BullCut wrote: The game is just an updated MW2 (There's a shock). Why have MW2 when you can trade it in for a slighty better version of the same crappy game!!!!!
Wow, you are really dumb, huh? That, or a troll.
It's the same guy who was celebrating that Black Ops wouldn't have Stopping Power like it was going to make a huge difference. Let's just move along now shall we?

It did make a huge difference. When you count bullets per kill anyway.

I don't want anything but the spawns and sub machine guns to change. I found it really hard to play at first which is good! Its not like MW2 that ANYBODY could pick up and (potentially) nuke the game off, since it was that easy to play.

We took a guy who had never played a game since the 90's, spends all his time on his guitar, but he managed to get a nuke on MW2 being a total nubcake at it running around. It doesn't work like that in Black Ops. You need to be precise, if you sprint all the time you will die.

For once I actually feel like I'm thinking about what I'm doing. The shooting is so much more fluent, and when it lags its still (amazingly) playable! You can still get kills, and people aren't half as spongy as they were on MW2.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 13:32:53

I still haven't decided if it's worthwhile to prestige. I think I'm going to do it once just because I get the immediate award + it only took me about 3 nights of playing to get where I am. I'm just really not looking forward to getting the pro perks again. Seems like nobody ever drops sentries; I'm going to kick myself in the ass every time I die to a killstreak reward. It'll also be a pain in the ass to have to beg people to take my air drops again but as long as I get sleight of hand done quickly I suppose I'll be alright.

Fuck it, maybe I'll just stay at 50. I'm really not seeing the benefits here. I don't care about being "super cool gold camo man" and beside the custom loadout slots everything else you receive for going through with prestige mode is either frivolous or aesthetic. Hell, I hardly even customized my weapons, save for the AK47 (Fuck I'll miss my AK <3.)

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 13:38:00

At 11/13/10 01:32 PM, Matt wrote: I still haven't decided if it's worthwhile to prestige. I think I'm going to do it once just because I get the immediate award + it only took me about 3 nights of playing to get where I am. I'm just really not looking forward to getting the pro perks again. Seems like nobody ever drops sentries; I'm going to kick myself in the ass every time I die to a killstreak reward. It'll also be a pain in the ass to have to beg people to take my air drops again but as long as I get sleight of hand done quickly I suppose I'll be alright.

Fuck it, maybe I'll just stay at 50. I'm really not seeing the benefits here. I don't care about being "super cool gold camo man" and beside the custom loadout slots everything else you receive for going through with prestige mode is either frivolous or aesthetic. Hell, I hardly even customized my weapons, save for the AK47 (Fuck I'll miss my AK <3.)

There wasn't really much benefit to cé prestigious (trying to sound French) anyway in the old game other than challenges and titles.

Just do it if you feel you want too, or need a challenge, or anything. Nobodies forcing you to prestige, but since there isn't an exploit to rank up, prestige, actually means something (slightly) in this game. Shows how experienced you are as such, and you get a neat little emblem to prove that.

I know I am once I've sorted out my emblem though. I can just taste that nice little prestige icon now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 13:41:32

I played this yesterday at a friend's house and it's the best Call of Duty yet IMO.

Also - Carl on Duty: Black Cops.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 13:45:21

At 11/13/10 01:41 PM, Fezz wrote: I played this yesterday at a friend's house and it's the best Call of Duty yet IMO.

Also - Carl on Duty: Black Cops.

"Black Pope? That might be available online."

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 13:59:02

Well, that's the campaign completed on Hardened. Back to the multiplayer I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 14:57:15

At 11/13/10 02:44 PM, doberman7 wrote:
Nuketown, nuketown, nuketown, nuketown, Nuketown, nuketown, nuketown, nuketown, Nuketown, nuketown, nuketown, nuketown, Nuketown, nuketown, nuketown, nuketown

I've been getting Grid way too often.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 14:59:02

Also, I can't join matches anymore.... fucking hell...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 15:15:43

At 11/13/10 02:44 PM, doberman7 wrote: Hey guys, let's vote on a map.

Nuketown, nuketown, nuketown, nuketown, Nuketown, nuketown, nuketown, nuketown, Nuketown, nuketown, nuketown, nuketown, Nuketown, nuketown, nuketown, nuketown

I created a specific class for nuketown so it's actually fun now.

Flak Jacket, warloard pro, nade launcher attachment, with mortar strikes killstreak. Always equiped the flak jacket for nuketown or you'll always die from random grenades.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 15:20:47

At 11/13/10 02:59 PM, Makeshift wrote: Also, I can't join matches anymore.... fucking hell...

I'm still having this issue with wager matches and zombies. I'm hoping they have an update released some time this week too. There are quite a few things I'm starting to notice that are needing fixed in order to have the multiplayer working at it's best.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 15:22:28

I have mixed feelings. The game is pretty good, but pretty bad at the same time.

that's the definition of mixed feeling yes

It doesn't have the same thrill that Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty 4 gave me when playing. It's so bland... the way the game looks, the annoying ways you die from RC cars, etc.

i get cod4 but mw2 had no thrill and had worse annoying ways to die.

Also I was dismayed when I realized that stopping power was taken out.

Theres no need for stopping power anymore.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 16:41:20

Yeah, I can't stand this slight lag every single time I play this game. Even when my connection is fine there's this tiny bit of lagging. I've been kicked out of more matches than I've played, and I've spent more time looking for matches than actually being in them. Some patches need to happen soon, I'm just so frustrated with the game right now.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 16:44:00

At 11/13/10 10:43 AM, scetch00 wrote: Can someone show me the option to upload to Youtube in Theater mode? I can't find it at all.

I think you have to record a 30 second clip in a theater match, save it to your file share. go back into theater mode, select that 30 second clip and choose render at the bottom of the screen. I don't what you should do after that, since I've only gotten to that point.

At 11/13/10 03:15 PM, narf wrote: I created a specific class for nuketown so it's actually fun now.

Flak Jacket, warloard pro, nade launcher attachment, with mortar strikes killstreak. Always equiped the flak jacket for nuketown or you'll always die from random grenades.

Why choose a nade launcher with warlord? You would be better of choosing warlord with 2 attachments and a china lake or sleight of hand with 1 attachment and a china lake.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 18:17:49

Wow, people are some fucking kill whores in this game. I just played ctf, and some guy where camping at my tactical insertion for atleast 5 minutes ._.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 19:07:11

At 11/13/10 06:17 PM, tally1989 wrote: Wow, people are some fucking kill whores in this game. I just played ctf, and some guy where camping at my tactical insertion for atleast 5 minutes ._.

Whenever I used a Tactical insertion in mw2, I'd always hide it somewhere, so no one would camp it. It's pretty useless if the enemy figured out that you have it though.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 19:17:55

At 11/13/10 07:07 PM, ironraven24 wrote:
Whenever I used a Tactical insertion in mw2, I'd always hide it somewhere, so no one would camp it. It's pretty useless if the enemy figured out that you have it though.

I did hide it, and it's even less noticeable in black ops then mw2

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 20:00:32

Cod points reset when prestiging. So use the ones you have left on emblems, backgrounds and eblems layers before you prestige. I just lost 40000cp because i didn't use them :(

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 21:46:11

At 11/13/10 08:00 PM, tally1989 wrote: Cod points reset when prestiging. So use the ones you have left on emblems, backgrounds and eblems layers before you prestige. I just lost 40000cp because i didn't use them :(

Good to know.

And 30 seconds in a clip just to put on Youtube? I wanna put a 2 minute and 30 second clip on there!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 01:17:13

At 11/13/10 09:46 PM, scetch00 wrote:
At 11/13/10 08:00 PM, tally1989 wrote: Cod points reset when prestiging. So use the ones you have left on emblems, backgrounds and eblems layers before you prestige. I just lost 40000cp because i didn't use them :(
Good to know.

Seriously, had I not read this I would have learned the hard way.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature