New Topic Respond to this Topic
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-12 23:28:32 Reply

The Zombie maps are way to big and confusing.

I want Der Reise back, I hope they bring it out as a DLC or something, it was by far the best map.

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 00:09:18 Reply

At 11/12/10 11:10 PM, scetch00 wrote:
Horribly broken. No lunging whatsoever and missed knife swipes. I can't even count how many dead on swings I've missed against someone, only to get knifed right back as they laughed in my face or shot. MW2 honestly had the perfect knifing but this is just BROKEN.

Broken? I don't think so. No lunging? Excellent.

MW2's knifing was absolutely retarded.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 00:16:10 Reply

The RC-XD is fucking ridiculously cheap. In a close quarters map it's pretty much impossible not to get killed by it. It's pretty much a camper's wet dream.

Also I hate Nuketown now because it's just a haven for campers and grenade spammers. And whenever you get into a Nuketown lobby don't expect there to be any other map for like the next 10 games, everyone will keep voting it through and still somehow find it fun after playing it for like an hour.

Also the camos for the guns are all horrendous.

Also it's stupid how they don't tell you what the pro perks are so you don't really know if you feel like attempting them or you can just go out of your way and Google it making everything completely pointless and redundant.

Other than that it's probably the best one in the series since the first Modern Warfare. The multiplayer is fucking ungodly addicting, it's 12:15 as I type this and I kept telling myself that I was going to get off since like 10:00 and have only just done so. The contracts and level ups are great incentives to keep playing and it feels much, much more solid and balanced than MW2. Map variety is a bit disappointing, they probably took out all the good ones for map packs. Also the killstreaks and challenges feel kind of lacking. Other than that everything's awesome.

SweetenBoy
SweetenBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Programmer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 00:21:58 Reply

Question, how do you view movie clips you made on black ops on youtube? I rendered a clip of an amazing ballistic knife kill (using the pwnage theater option!!) and wanted to put it on my youtube channel, but the theater mode isnt letting me import the video onto youtube!!! Anyone know?

Anyone want to add me on PSN feel free to do so and play some black ops ftw!!

I'm loving and tolerating the shit outta you

BBS Signature
scetch00
scetch00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 00:29:37 Reply

At 11/13/10 12:09 AM, ironraven24 wrote:
At 11/12/10 11:10 PM, scetch00 wrote:
Horribly broken. No lunging whatsoever and missed knife swipes. I can't even count how many dead on swings I've missed against someone, only to get knifed right back as they laughed in my face or shot. MW2 honestly had the perfect knifing but this is just BROKEN.
Broken? I don't think so. No lunging? Excellent.

MW2's knifing was absolutely retarded.

Trust me it's broken. You'll find yourself missing MANY knife swings, not getting any sort of lunge (not 10 feet, but a little dash forward), and just finding yourself disappointed and dead.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 00:39:12 Reply

I am a fan... but I wish I didn't have to wait until Rank 13 to see my stats.

Tasuki-Chan
Tasuki-Chan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 00:42:07 Reply

the zombies are pretty sick in it too

Look It's A Star!!! Catch It :D Like You Did With My Heart.... :)

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 00:50:19 Reply

At 11/13/10 12:29 AM, scetch00 wrote:
Trust me it's broken. You'll find yourself missing MANY knife swings, not getting any sort of lunge (not 10 feet, but a little dash forward), and just finding yourself disappointed and dead.

Eh, even if I was broken I would still like it more than MW2. I'm not used to having melee > gun in games, so often I'll get knifed in mw2, while spraying at their face.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
TheJungleBunny
TheJungleBunny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 01:00:22 Reply

I think the Knifing should be like Bad Company 2, or WaW. I don't care whether they're horrible, it's sickening being knifed in this game. There's already a Ballistic Knife, why do we need more? And again, I must ask if anyone's disappointed with the Snipers in this game. Here's how I feel about it from my experiences

Dragunov - Semi-Auto - First Sniper you have, it's probably the best one though, low recoil, often a 1-shot kill

WA2000 - Semi-Auto - Second Sniper, low recoil, similar to Dragunov, but always (I demand footage of a 1-shot with this gun) a 2-shot or higher,

L96AW (or something like that) - Bolt Action - Third Sniper obviously, bolt action, so I guess it sort of negates the recoil, sometimes 1-shot, but I feel like the fire-rate is to slow, I guess some people might be able to use it pretty good though it's definetely a mark up from the WA2000

PSG1 - The final sniper to be unlocked, it is extremely disappointing, I strongly suggest using any other Sniper, while it has 1-shot capabilities, it has ATROCIOUS recoil, only buy this if you have leftover money or want to have a complete arsenal of every weapon in the game.

I'm trying to disprove all of these things, and these are all from my experiences with the guns. I'm starting with the PSG1, and then going down (or up?) from there. Please tell me if I'm wrong about this.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 01:08:44 Reply

Yay, 4th match in a row my connection has fucked up. I was doing good every time too. It's actually about the 10th match overall that my connection has screwed me over. I should be about rank 18 now, but I'm stuck at 12 and just can't advance any further.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 01:36:13 Reply

Finally get to see my K/D... and it's 1.59. Not bad considering my shit K/Ds in previous Call of Duty games. My accuracy is actually pretty decent too at 23.00%.

SweetenBoy
SweetenBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Programmer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 02:01:52 Reply

Thanks to nobody for answering my previous question!!! lol

Knifing is still unbalanced in my opinion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuiFlTYlo Nk

that video shows me not even making contact with the guy and he dies. It goes to show that knifing is overpowered and much too long of a range. Still, black ops is a blast and improves greatly over mw2. Anyone wants to play me in a match add my PSN SweetenBoy =D

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 02:07:10 Reply

At 11/13/10 02:01 AM, SweetenBoy wrote:
that video shows me not even making contact with the guy and he dies.

This is due to lag, and lag compensation, I'm guessing. I've gotten knifed a lot, and in the kill cam he stabs the air, and still kills me. in MW2.
Also, at times when you're shooting at someone but not getting any hit markers, it's because he's not actually where you're shooting at, even though he appears to be, if you look at the killcam. This kind of shit happens to me a lot in mw2, which is why I'm glad Black Ops is giving us servers again.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 02:09:39 Reply

At 11/13/10 02:03 AM, Grubby wrote:
Also I was dismayed when I realized that stopping power was taken out.

I was extremely happy when I heard that it was removed. In softcore game modes, it was pretty much mandatory to have stopping power, which was annoying.

Sorry for the double post.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
SweetenBoy
SweetenBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Programmer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 02:15:55 Reply

At 11/13/10 02:09 AM, ironraven24 wrote:
I was extremely happy when I heard that it was removed. In softcore game modes, it was pretty much mandatory to have stopping power, which was annoying.

I dunno. I liked stopping power solely for the fact that when I am down my sights and shoot a guy, he dies rather than runs by a corner escaping deaths embrace (lol). Too many times I've had that happen, and its not fun. Stopping power should be mandatory, or at least improve the power of all weapons in the game.

:This is why I love one in the chamber! one hit one kill just like real life =)

BBS Signature
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 02:30:42 Reply

Who else here is a fan of mastering difficult guns? I'm in luck because this game has plenty of them. First off is the Olympian Shotgun. This thing is a bitch, it's double-barrel, hardly any range and it's reload time is horrendous. All this means this, shoot them dead the first time or ready your pistol the second it fails. Another is the full-auto pistol, it sounds good in practice but it rapes the damage so it takes about 4-5 shots in the chest to kill one person. That's a almost half the clip if you don't miss a single shot, that is. And of course the cross bow and the Balistic knife are hard to master. Also the Skorpion is a pain, with it's tiny clip that demands immense accuracy and less spray n' pray.

What guns do you guys think are hard to master?

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
TheJungleBunny
TheJungleBunny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 02:34:27 Reply

Somebody said...
Connection battle. This kind of shit happens to me a lot in mw2, which is why I'm glad Black Ops is giving us servers again.

Don't worry, the connection battles are still here in Blops. It just reduced me to tears too. I seriously need someone to play Blops with. At least on Xbox there are Connection Battles, I don't know about PS3 or PC.
Anyways, my GamerTag is HamBeerPig

Everything < Sniper - wait, or is it Everything > Sniper ? Basically, whoever has the Sniper, 200 yards out, isn't going to win.
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 02:34:55 Reply

At 11/13/10 02:12 AM, Grubby wrote:
Yeah I agree that Stopping Power was something almost of a necessity to succeed back in CoD4 and MW2, but I still miss the raw power of the guns such as SPAS-12 with stopping power and being able to take out like 9 guys in a hallway in Vacant with ease, the thrill of such that Call of Duty is so fun for.

I don't get it yet. Maybe I just need time to appreciate this new game. Maybe I just need to unlock the Ak-47

I have yet to play Blops yet, but in the gameplay I've seen, it looked like it was easier to kill than in MW2's softcore modes.

I also heard that shotties are really underpowered. I really hated that guy with Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power, and Steady Aim with an RPK raping everyone though. (Speaking in general of course).

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
TheJungleBunny
TheJungleBunny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 02:46:52 Reply

At 11/13/10 02:30 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Another is the CZ75, it sounds good in practice but it rapes the damage so it takes about 4-5 shots in the chest to kill one person.

The full auto gun your thinking of is the CZ75, (which I fix'd to make you look smarter :D) and I find it the easiest pistol to use - in fact, it's better than most guns I've used so far. I just put the Iron Sight attachment on there, I never saw the difference between the regular & 'upgraded' but, I do just fine so who gives?

What guns do you guys think are hard to master?

Following up with my other posts about them, I'll say every Sniper Rifle. They are inaccurate, there are no good maps for them, an MP5K can outgun it, at almost any distance, aaand... pretty much all with a POSSIBLE exception to the Dragunov (which is the starter sniper) of them handle pretty bad.

Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 05:45:12 Reply

At 11/13/10 04:58 AM, Jawdyn wrote: So I decided to see if it was my NAT type (Dean asked me a question related to it the other night and it got me thinking). So, I tested my connection to see if it was either Open, Moderate or Strict (the 3 NAT types).

Question. Were you able to find out your NAT type through Black-Ops? Like I said yesterday, I always knew my NAT type from the MW2 menu, but I've not seen it displayed anywhere on the Black-Ops menus.

I've fiddled around with my router quite a bit in the past in order to get the NAT constantly set to open. I ended up putting my Xbox in the DMZ so that internet security and such shouldn't interfere. It worked a charm at first, but now I've seen my NAT type go to strict on occasion.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 06:07:49 Reply

At 11/13/10 05:49 AM, Jawdyn wrote: Try the other options, port forwarding and UPnP (assuming you havent)

I think setting the Xbox in the DMZ is the best possible option for opening the NAT type, because it is the least secure, but I don't see how someone could gain access to my console, since Xbox Live is a closed network anyway.

One in the chamber is awesome!

Don't rub it in too much. I've not been able to connect to any wager matches yet. I've really been wanting to play One in the Chamber and Gun Game too. Think I'll try my luck now to see if I can get in a game.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 08:08:06 Reply

At 11/13/10 02:15 AM, SweetenBoy wrote:
This is why I love one in the chamber! one hit one kill just like real life =)

lol okay. Then go out and shoot people in the hand and see how many people dies from one hit.
Real life isn't one hit one kill with all guns.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
RentallyMetarded
RentallyMetarded
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 08:50:09 Reply

Woot. No more quickscoping.

The above post is useless.

''Lost time is never found again.'' - Benjamin Franklin

kittehg0d
kittehg0d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 09:22:09 Reply

I Think Sniping Hasn't been gimped.... You Just need Skill to Snipe, I have seen Someone Who sniped throughout a full match, and he did Great!

BBS Signature
scetch00
scetch00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 10:43:35 Reply

Can someone show me the option to upload to Youtube in Theater mode? I can't find it at all.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 10:46:32 Reply

At 11/13/10 09:22 AM, kittehg0d wrote: I Think Sniping Hasn't been gimped.... You Just need Skill to Snipe, I have seen Someone Who sniped throughout a full match, and he did Great!

I have used the snipers often enough and I have no issues with them... as long as I'm playing on hard core which is common for me. I tried using them in core when I was playing in a party, but the bolt action sniper doesn't even get one hit kills unless you hit them in the head, which I find stupid. Its understandable with the semi-auto snipers, but with the bolt action, by the time you've bolted to hit them with the second shot they're usually gone.

I'm currently working my way through the single player now. Hoping to get it finished at some point today.

BBS Signature
scetch00
scetch00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 11:06:18 Reply

My friend plays the 360 version Black Ops but his dad bought him the PS3 Prestige Edition by accident. He copied down the Zombie Map Pack code & returned the PS3 Prestiged Edition for a 360 Prestige Edition. Then he gave me the WaW Zombies Map Pack code.

I'm happy. :)

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 11:45:28 Reply

Thanks Jawdyn, but it's been working fine so far today.

A lot of the things people have been complaining about here are not an issue for me. The spawns haven't been bad, the RC-XDs haven't been too annoying. One thing I don't like is the emblem editor... everything I make in there looks bad when it comes out... don't understand why.

2 hours, 20 minutes playtime and I still haven't played Jungle.

ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 13:23:10 Reply

At 11/12/10 02:35 AM, 36Holla wrote: I take back what I said before about being iffy on the multiplayer. I really like it now, even more so than MW2. Now that I've gotten some weapons that are usable and I learned the layouts of the maps, things definitely got better. And Nuketown is still my favorite map just because I'm someone who constantly is moving and it's great not having to look for people in a map and fishing out campers everywhere.

Speaking of which, the sheer lack of grenade launchers and camping in this game puts it close to COD4s multiplayer for quality. Spawns still need work though.

On top of this the way I see it, every weapon but sub machine guns take skill to use. You can even out manoeuvre people. If SMG's were removed this would top Vegas 2, coming close to Vegas 1 in my eyes.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-13 13:30:20 Reply

At 11/11/10 08:21 PM, 36Holla wrote: The multiplayer is really love/hate for me. I've been having fun on the smaller maps while the larger maps are aggravating. Nuketown is already my favorite one, and I think at one point I had played it 5 times in a row which was fun, but also tiring and repetitive. Anyways, if anyone on Xbox Live wants to play, message me on there. GT is Triple 6 Holla.

At 11/11/10 05:08 PM, HeavyMetalGuy wrote:
At 11/11/10 04:44 PM, BullCut wrote: The game is just an updated MW2 (There's a shock). Why have MW2 when you can trade it in for a slighty better version of the same crappy game!!!!!
Wow, you are really dumb, huh? That, or a troll.
It's the same guy who was celebrating that Black Ops wouldn't have Stopping Power like it was going to make a huge difference. Let's just move along now shall we?

It did make a huge difference. When you count bullets per kill anyway.

I don't want anything but the spawns and sub machine guns to change. I found it really hard to play at first which is good! Its not like MW2 that ANYBODY could pick up and (potentially) nuke the game off, since it was that easy to play.

We took a guy who had never played a game since the 90's, spends all his time on his guitar, but he managed to get a nuke on MW2 being a total nubcake at it running around. It doesn't work like that in Black Ops. You need to be precise, if you sprint all the time you will die.

For once I actually feel like I'm thinking about what I'm doing. The shooting is so much more fluent, and when it lags its still (amazingly) playable! You can still get kills, and people aren't half as spongy as they were on MW2.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature