00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

127,717 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 06:01:30

Well, I'm kind of worried about purchasing Black Ops now.

I've heard of the constant stuttering, and fps lag that multicore CPUs have with Blops, and as much as I want to play this game, it would be a shame to spend $60 on a paper weight. Treyarch seems to be trying to fix the problems surprisingly, so I expect that the problems should be fixed by the end of the month or so. Then again, they could just never fix their broken game.

On the other hand, there are people using dual cores, and running the game at max just fine, with a smooth FPS. So I guess it's sort of luck of the draw.

Basically I'm asking, should I wait till the end of the month or so before I purchase? Has anyone here even gotten Blops for PC? Most of you seem to be 360/PS3 goers.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 07:08:53

At 11/14/10 06:01 AM, ironraven24

On the other hand, there are people using dual cores, and running the game at max just fine, with a smooth FPS. So I guess it's sort of luck of the draw.
p
Basically I'm asking, should I wait till the end of the month or so before I purchase? Has anyone here even gotten Blops for PC? Most of you seem to be 360/PS3 goers.

What's your specs?

Aug and Galil master race reporting in.

Nuketown is great because every other map is FUCKING HIGE

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 07:34:27

At 11/14/10 07:08 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote:
What's your specs?

Win7 64-Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU
4GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280

That covers everyhing.. right?

My specs pass the requirments, but I hear of people with much better setups (quad core CPU, etc) getting stuttering, and low fps. Supposedly this was fixed in a patch, a problem with mutlcore processors, but I'm still skeptical.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 07:35:36

At 11/13/10 09:46 PM, scetch00 wrote: And 30 seconds in a clip just to put on Youtube? I wanna put a 2 minute and 30 second clip on there!

You could try to record more then 30 seconds and see if that works.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 09:18:54

At 11/13/10 02:03 AM, Grubby wrote:
Also I was dismayed when I realized that stopping power was taken out.

I thought that kinda ruined mw2. All of the guns were unbalanced. (Ump, M16 etc.)

The above post is useless.

''Lost time is never found again.'' - Benjamin Franklin

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 09:28:18

I spontaneously combust today. I don't recall anyone sending in a napalm strike and I know I certainly never. My character just burst into flames and died, so I checked to see if it was a friendly kill and the suicide symbol was there. I have no idea how this happened.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 09:54:09

I don't care how shitty the SPAS is now, using it is still damned satisfying. The only thing I'm really upset about is the fact that the ONLY attachment option for it is a suppressor. Why wouldn't they offer a foregrip, an improved sight of some sort or some sort of speed reloading attachment (like a bandolier or some shit.) They already made the range piss poor so why would I ever want to put a suppressor on it and make it useless beyond point blank encounters? Also, they essentially force you into sleight of hand with the ridiculous reload speed, but the only perk I might have wanted to use otherwise would be steady aim, but I'm not sure how beneficial that would be anyway, I haven't even bought it yet.

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 10:02:14

At 11/14/10 09:43 AM, Jawdyn wrote: Theater mode, check it out?

I always forget that theatre mode exists. It also doesn't help that I'm not totally familiar with the map names yet, but I'll try to find it.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 10:15:21

Okay, when editing the footage it was like I thought, I just randomly caught fire and died. When I actually play the uploaded version it shows my character running into a ball of fire. When I was playing the match it wasn't there, when I was editing the footage it wasn't there, but when I watch the final video it is there.

This is an outrage and I think Treyarch have just covered there ass by putting fire in my video.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 11:36:12

I finished the campaign yesterday and I enjoyed it. Especially liked the vehicular segments -- in particular the boat one because I love the Rolling Stones. The game's (actual) music/score/OST is great as well.

Won't be playing online because I'm a cheap fuck that doesn't want to pay for Xbox Live. I don't have a PS3 anymore, either, so that's not an option.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 11:53:27

Just finished the game on Veteran, wasn't really hard to be honest, but some parts were quite challenging to say the least.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 12:00:41

At 11/14/10 11:36 AM, towelie101 wrote: I finished the campaign yesterday and I enjoyed it. Especially liked the vehicular segments -- in particular the boat one because I love the Rolling Stones. The game's (actual) music/score/OST is great as well.

Won't be playing online because I'm a cheap fuck that doesn't want to pay for Xbox Live. I don't have a PS3 anymore, either, so that's not an option.

you could play combat training :D or do you have to have a gold membership for that too?

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 12:51:09

At 11/14/10 07:35 AM, tally1989 wrote:
At 11/13/10 09:46 PM, scetch00 wrote: And 30 seconds in a clip just to put on Youtube? I wanna put a 2 minute and 30 second clip on there!
You could try to record more then 30 seconds and see if that works.

The clip was recorded for like 2 minutes and 25 seconds and it asks me to Upload and I do it but I guess it only does it for the CoD servers.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 13:02:00

Anyone else having problems with canceling your own insertion before spawning by hitting Y? I think it worked once in the entirety of my playing which is quite a lot by now (and I use insertions A LOT).

GT: Danul454

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 13:24:15

At 11/14/10 12:00 PM, tally1989 wrote: you could play combat training :D or do you have to have a gold membership for that too?

I found it incredibly stupid that I couldn't play Combat Training when my internet was down. I thought it was an offline thing for people without PSN or XBL.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 13:43:20

Just finished the campaign. It was alright but got a little dull towards the end.

Was anyone else disappointed that there wasn't more helicopter levels?

At 11/14/10 01:24 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 11/14/10 12:00 PM, tally1989 wrote: you could play combat training :D or do you have to have a gold membership for that too?
I found it incredibly stupid that I couldn't play Combat Training when my internet was down. I thought it was an offline thing for people without PSN or XBL.

Yeah they really fucked that up.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 14:18:03

Why does EVERYONE have Tiger Camo? It looks so ... stupid.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 14:28:02

At 11/14/10 01:02 PM, Toki911 wrote: Anyone else having problems with canceling your own insertion before spawning by hitting Y? I think it worked once in the entirety of my playing which is quite a lot by now (and I use insertions A LOT).

It always works for me. You have to press it when you're watching the killcam though. It won't work if you try to do it while waiting to respawn in hq, ctf or sabotage

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 16:16:17

At 11/14/10 02:18 PM, Makeshift wrote: Why does EVERYONE have Tiger Camo? It looks so ... stupid.

It's the only Camo I have out of all the regular ones that actually looks noticably good.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 16:22:22

At 11/14/10 02:18 PM, Makeshift wrote: Why does EVERYONE have Tiger Camo? It looks so ... stupid.

I agree with this. I think it looks really ugly.

Anyway, I delved further into the shotguns because I really liked the Stakeout, and they're pretty good.

The SPAS-12 is definitely good, and then there's the HS10 after that.

The HS10 is complete and utter poopy on its own, probably my least favourite weapon, but then I bought dual wielding for it and it suddenly became my favourite weapon! I don't do particularly well with dual wielded HS10s, but they're so fun to use that I don't care.

Also, does anyone else think the FAMAS is really overpowered? There's no recoil at all when firing from the hip and it's also good at long range, it's powerful, it fires incredibly fast, and since it's unlocked at level 14, everyone and their dog uses it. Honestly, the only way I can win a fight up close against a guy with a FAMAS is if he's got his back turned.

Don't really see how the SMGs are overpowered when FAMAS users wipe their asses with them up close.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 17:02:37

Red Camo looks so pro, especially on the FAMAS.

It's the one I use anyway.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 17:41:22

At 11/14/10 05:02 PM, Snuff wrote:
Red Camo looks so pro, especially on the FAMAS.

It's the one I use anyway.

Yeah, I use Red or Siberia. Red looks nice on the AK74u.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 18:30:28

I take back everything I said about the silenced SPAS. I was ignorant. Lightweight, Steady Aim and Marathon make it insanely fun. I'm just making people ragequit left and right. Every match I play with that loadout I'm just laying down a motion sensors near camper hot spots, darting in and out of buildings and jumping out of second story windows and balconies.

They never know where I am and if they happen to get a UAV I probably have about 2-3 SAM turrets stacked up in my killstreaks waiting to be used. Speaking of that SAM turrets are probably the best addition to the game beside theater mode; with a SAM turret I don't have to have a ghost/cold blooded class and I can use whatever secondary I want.

I've decided that I am not going to prestige either. I'm nearly done buying out every weapon and getting all pro perks so I'll just go for a full arsenal.

It looks closest to fall camo, but even fall camo looked like shit. Cool dudes use red anyway. Or ice. Or Dust. Or olive. Hopefully that trend doesn't catch on or I'll have to buy new camo patterns for my guns. :(

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 18:43:47

Search & Destroy.
Nuketown.
Grenades over the bus.

= First Blood + Double Kill = 1150+ points in 2 seconds.

Repeat this for 4-7 rounds not including surviving after that and you're just raking in the points.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 18:47:23

What? Is my Tiger Camo just not COOOOL enough for Vietnam?

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 22:06:49

Theater mode is amazing!! Anyone have any good Black Ops footage yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuiFlTYlo Nk&NR=1

I'm loving and tolerating the shit outta you

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-14 22:11:22

Got 15000 points in 1 match of S&D on Nuketown and 18500 the next.

Why I've never played Search & Destroy is beyond me. Maybe I was just so accustomed of dying and respawning but the benefits of getting even a single kill outweigh playing TDM.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-15 04:08:47

At 11/14/10 10:06 PM, SweetenBoy wrote: Theater mode is amazing!! Anyone have any good Black Ops footage yet?

Oh yes I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWPY9A66 Ws&fmt=18

Beside the it being an awesome feature I noticed that it's a bit buggy too, my emblem and title are not displaying correctly and there's like 6-7 objectives displayed (that weren't actually visible while playing) but beside that I'm really liking this feature. Too bad it's limited to only 30 second clips, but I figure even that's pretty generous considering the volume of uploads they're likely going to face.

I hope nobody notices the score during that clip. I was just playing with a friend of mine and 3 random players against a clan so needless to say we were getting stomped score wise. Of course I always could have hidden the HUD, but it provided a whole lot of nice detail which would have otherwise made the video look a bit more boring.

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-15 07:31:20

Hey Folks!
Just registered and happy about the games forum here! ^^

I plan on getting Black Ops but as my money arrives on thursday it will have to wait till then at least. Now I want to gather some information! Could you give me a impression on how it is without referring to gameplay vids? How does it feel while playing? Like MW 1or 2? Like the older ones? Better than ever? I heared it was more action-like and more cinema-like than MW2, is that right?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-15 09:27:41

At 11/14/10 10:06 PM, SweetenBoy wrote: Theater mode is amazing!! Anyone have any good Black Ops footage yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9tjxUsZ3 Tg

i do

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature