00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bladerolsh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

128,454 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 18:02:15

Anyone want to hook up for zombies?
psn is mczerong

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 18:13:41

My KDR is 0.84 D:

any tips?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 18:38:38

At 11/10/10 06:13 PM, kittehg0d wrote: My KDR is 0.84 D:

any tips?

Well I got a 3.14 KDR from spawn trapping the enemy with the Galil assault rifle and Gunship killstreak in Demolition, so try and do that?

Also play with friends who are good at the game if you can, you might not rack up as much kills, but you'll certainly die less.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 19:21:23

This is a good time to mention that there were nearly 4 million players on COD today. Thats nearly the population of Xbox live.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 19:24:26

At 11/10/10 06:38 PM, ShadowWest wrote:
At 11/10/10 06:13 PM, kittehg0d wrote: My KDR is 0.84 D:

any tips?
Well I got a 3.14 KDR from spawn trapping the enemy with the Galil assault rifle and Gunship killstreak in Demolition, so try and do that?

Also play with friends who are good at the game if you can, you might not rack up as much kills, but you'll certainly die less.

Don't worry about your K/D? I don't bother with it at all. I play this purely for fun, so half the time I don't take the game seriously at all, and take kills as they come. I played the shit out of Call of Duty MW2 though, I'm not a bad player, whenever I think, right lets have it, I tend to get ratios between 3, 4 or 5 so I wouldn't consider myself bad, but whatever I guess.

It's all about win/loss ratio in my books. As long as thats positive I don't aspire to statistics.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 19:30:34

At 11/10/10 07:24 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: It's all about win/loss ratio in my books. As long as thats positive I don't aspire to statistics.

Bah, K/D ratio shows more about how good an actual player is rather than W/L, which can be jaded based on the skill of your team. My W/L ratios have always been crap in Cod games, but my K/D decent.. For some reason my W/L has been good in Battlefield and Medal of Honor, along with my K/D...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 19:36:47

At 11/10/10 07:30 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 11/10/10 07:24 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: It's all about win/loss ratio in my books. As long as thats positive I don't aspire to statistics.
Bah, K/D ratio shows more about how good an actual player is rather than W/L, which can be jaded based on the skill of your team. My W/L ratios have always been crap in Cod games, but my K/D decent.. For some reason my W/L has been good in Battlefield and Medal of Honor, along with my K/D...

But thats the weird beauty of this. I'm so caught up in enjoying the game that I don't even care whether or not I'm playing well or not. Whenever I decide to turn it 'on' I'll turn it the fuck on but in the meantime I'll just enjoy squashing you with my carepackages as you helplessly race back to save yourself from the horizon with an RC car.

<3

Could do with some bigger maps though.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 19:42:54

Couldn't care about my K/D in MW2 because that game was just nothing but random bullshit screwing me over in most of the matches I played.

Now this is purely my opinion, but I feel that Black Ops takes a little bit more skill to be good at than other CoD games, so it's nice to see my K/D that high for now.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 19:53:18

Black Ops is nowhere near as good as MW2.. Found out the hard way.

Anyways feel free to play with me.

PSN is in the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 20:13:24

At 11/10/10 07:53 PM, scetch00 wrote: Black Ops is nowhere near as good as MW2.. Found out the hard way.

I disagree.. This game is so much more balanced. MW2 was great, but thats because when you jump in you get tons of new maps, more killstreaks, icons and more. But these dont last. After all the hype of these new things go down, you find that its full of hackers, glitches, boosters, campers and certain guns are way to strong. Black ops, delivers when you first see and the effects are their to stay.

Sure.

PSN is in the sig.

Add you later ;]

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 20:13:27

At 11/10/10 07:53 PM, scetch00 wrote: Black Ops is nowhere near as good as MW2.. Found out the hard way.

Care to explain?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 20:16:17

At 11/10/10 08:13 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Black ops, delivers when you first see and the effects are their to stay.

But Black Ops just came out, and this is how you would have felt when MW2 first came out, so...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 21:23:30

Since I got last post on page, anyone want to play zombies. Pan is mczerong

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 21:28:55

At 11/10/10 08:13 PM, Matt2k8 wrote:
I disagree.. This game is so much more balanced.

Not really. RC-XD is so annoying too.

MW2 was great, but thats because when you jump in you get tons of new maps, more killstreaks, icons and more. But these dont last.

They did for me!

After all the hype of these new things go down, you find that its full of hackers, glitches, boosters, campers and certain guns are way to strong.

Enfield owns everything so far.

Black ops, delivers when you first see and the effects are their to stay.

Honestly it feels like a low budget CoD in my opinion. Sound effects sound pathetic, graphics are worse than MW2, and the game has frozen a few seconds plenty of times in just the menus.

Sure.

;) Lmao.

PSN is in the sig.
Add you later ;]

Alrighty :D

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 23:21:51

Girlfriend wants me to take her out for a meal, can't buy Blacks for 2 weeks, I'm actually devastated.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 23:48:53

Just so happened to buy it today for PS3. Not much of a fan of first-person shooters, but this one is an exception.

Also, back from hiatus, so hai-hai. :3

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-10 23:58:55

You know the words "BHNMAHNE", meaning "attention" in Russian? Well, I'm starting to link Modern Warfare 2 with Black Ops, and I think that there is some connection between those two. That word is seen on the multi-player online mode on Modern Warfare 2 at the Airport map. On the GKNOVA6 website, that word are also seen on the TV screens. That could mean that Black Ops is the prequel to Modern Warfare. The GKNOVA6 website also shows zombies (I'm sure you already know this), which debuted in World at War, but returned- this time, in a different form. Both World at War and Black Ops are developed by Treyarch, and both have zombies on it.

I mean, what is with Treyarch's obsession with zombies on Call of Duty? Did the "attention" sign in Modern Warfare 2 caused the developer of that game's downfall? Is there a conspiracy that Modern Warfare 1 and 2 have a connection with Black Ops and World at War, apart from it being published by Activision? Does the zombies have any relation to the Nazi zombies?

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 00:46:27

At 11/10/10 06:13 PM, kittehg0d wrote:
any tips?

Don't obsess over statistics, and play the game for fun.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 03:56:31

At 11/10/10 07:42 PM, ShadowWest wrote: Couldn't care about my K/D in MW2 because that game was just nothing but random bullshit screwing me over in most of the matches I played.

Now this is purely my opinion, but I feel that Black Ops takes a little bit more skill to be good at than other CoD games, so it's nice to see my K/D that high for now.

Black ops takes a great deal more skill. I agree.

The spawns need fixing for some maps though. I mean seriously.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 05:48:38

At 11/10/10 07:21 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: This is a good time to mention that there were nearly 4 million players on COD today. Thats nearly the population of Xbox live.

Actually nearer to 25 million.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 07:33:15

At 11/11/10 05:25 AM, Grubby wrote: Does anyone here think that the RC car is very annoying? Is it game breaking at all?

To me I haven't played it yet, but it looks very annoying.

I don't think its more annoying then the predator missile from mw2

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 08:07:23

Level 30 now and the L96 is my new best friend. Also, I made a DAT ASS emblem, was easy enough to make :3 We all need to play together soon, I don't like playing with randoms.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 08:19:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hitVeXeF_
t8&feature=sub

How to get out of the chair in the main menu!
That is fucking awesome!

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 08:35:20

At 11/11/10 08:19 AM, tally1989 wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hitVeXeF_
t8&feature=sub

That is fucking awesome!

dead ops arcade is fucking awesome

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 10:43:58

Just killed 6 people with 1 grenade. Or the grenade blowed up a car, the car killed 5 people and the explosion from the car blowed up a claymore and the explosion from the claymore killed 1 person. was fucking epic, i had a major nerdgasm!
Uploading to my file share if anyone is interestet

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 11:13:53

At 11/11/10 12:44 AM, Cootie wrote: Anyways, is it just me or is the only real flaw the fact that you spawn too close together in multiplayer? The spawns seem to need a patch because people spawn too close to you.

I meant to complain about the exact same issue in a previous post, if I didn't already. You spawn way too close to the enemy players, which can be good in that you get to the action quicker but bad because it seems easier for you to die.

I hope they get this sorted at some point.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 13:21:23

At 11/11/10 05:25 AM, Grubby wrote: Does anyone here think that the RC car is very annoying? Is it game breaking at all?

It is extremely annoying, everytime you hear that racing sound.. you know whats coming.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 13:56:52

At 11/11/10 01:41 PM, Grubby wrote: I'll probably play Barebones the whole time if I ever get this.

If you're lucky enough to be near a window or a drop you can jump away from it no problem though.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 14:00:14

At 11/11/10 08:07 AM, Quinny wrote: Level 30 now and the L96 is my new best friend. Also, I made a DAT ASS emblem, was easy enough to make :3 We all need to play together soon, I don't like playing with randoms.

I have a fist punching a rabbit in the face. I also have my clan tag on the Olympia, and I will therefore call it the Turkey Gun from now on o3o

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 14:07:48

At 11/11/10 07:33 AM, tally1989 wrote:

I don't think its more annoying then the predator missile from mw2

It is MUCH more annoying.

At 11/11/10 08:19 AM, tally1989 wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hitVeXeF_
t8&feature=sub

That is fucking awesome!

Slowpoke.jpg

I found out last week. Played Zork, Dead Ops Arcade, and looked at some of the files.

The games sound effects are pathetic, the graphics are nowhere near as good as LAST YEAR's installment, everybody I've played on PS3 are trash, I often find myself getting 5+ assists in a game because nobody wants to die from 30 bullets in the body, and I find half the maps have too many set pieces in them.

BBS Signature