00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

aniMATING just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Minecraft - What is it?

1,436 Views | 7 Replies

Minecraft - What is it? 2010-11-24 17:10:53

Hello Newgrounds, I have NEVER heard of 'Minecraft' until I joined Newgrounds. Could someone tell me what it is? Do I buy it? Stuff like that. Thanks.

I know I'm going to be hated on this... *sigh*

RAP = Retards Attempting Poetry

Music is like candy, throw away the rappers.

Response to Minecraft - What is it? 2010-11-24 17:24:33

It's basically a little first person game where you build stuff with blocks. Pretty cool. The free version lets you just build stuff with any blocks, but if you buy it you get survival mode where you gotta make bases and building stuff takes longer.
It's a lot of fun, you shoul check it out.

Come on in, be a guy, pull up a chair!

BBS Signature

Response to Minecraft - What is it? 2010-11-24 17:49:16

Minecraft is a game about placing blocks while running from skeletons. Or something like that..

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to Minecraft - What is it? 2010-11-24 17:57:41

At 11/24/10 05:24 PM, HammerBrute wrote: It's basically a little first person game where you build stuff with blocks. Pretty cool. The free version lets you just build stuff with any blocks, but if you buy it you get survival mode where you gotta make bases and building stuff takes longer.
It's a lot of fun, you shoul check it out.

So it's basiclly like Roblox? Roblox is for little kids. Is Minecraft like bloody-ish? Sorry, I'm stupid...

I know I'm going to be hated on this... *sigh*

RAP = Retards Attempting Poetry

Music is like candy, throw away the rappers.

Response to Minecraft - What is it? 2010-11-24 17:58:28

No, it is not gory.
It's addicting as hell though, if you do buy it you will not want to stop playing.

Response to Minecraft - What is it? 2010-11-24 18:36:12

At 11/24/10 05:57 PM, Pwnified1337 wrote: So it's basiclly like Roblox? Roblox is for little kids. Is Minecraft like bloody-ish? Sorry, I'm stupid...

No blood at all, but very intense nonetheless, especially when you have multiple monsters on your ass and your trying to haul it back to your homebase and know you wont ever make it should you turn around and try to fight them but it's dark out and you can't tell where you're going and you get lost and end up running straight off a cliff and by daybreak you're halfway to the middle of nowhere with no idea how to get back home but you don't wanna kill yourself because you've got a lot diamond and other rare materials in your inventory that you know wont be recoverable when you respawn. Then you hear a creeper sneaking up behind you.
And that's when the tears start.

To describe it in big words, the game is a free-form adventure told from the first-person perspective. You begin with nothing in a empty world made of cubes, trees have rectangular trunks and cubic bunches of leaves, the ground is terraced with cubic chunks of dirt, cuboid animals crawl over jagged, hard-edged meadows and perfectly sheer cliffs expose rectangular formations of gravel quarries and unmined coal.

You aren't given any goals or objectives save the ability to harvest materials and craft them into new things. For example, tree trunks can be harvested and processed into wooden planks. Those planks can then either be used as a building material, or processed further into wooded sticks. Those sticks can be combined with either wood, stone, or metal to make tools, or coal or redstone to make torches.
Just be aware than come nightfall, the land gets taken over by monsters, so you don't have much time to get your first ramshackle shelter smashed together.

Response to Minecraft - What is it? 2010-11-24 18:37:46

Minecraft isn't gory, you can make it if you mod the right shit, the randomly generated map you get is infinite it never ends, the games starts to have problems once you go past 8 billion miles if its even possibel to get that far.

Response to Minecraft - What is it? 2010-11-24 18:42:48

*Ahem*

Gentlemen.